Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Toei does it once again: Monna was beating the crap out of Cabba... but Base Vegeta blasted her away like she was nothing. :lol:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:43 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:So I guess retconned Freezas power in true form puts him at SS1 tier?
Didn't he tank some of Ultimate Gohan's hits a few episodes ago?
Gohan knew from the start it was all fake so I don't take this seriously into consideration.

What I want to know is how does stamina recover while you fight when the stamina got lost due to intense fighting.
Well, I still wouldn't say that Freeza's power got retconned. It just seems Super trying to show off its transformations as usual, kinda like Goku going SSB for asinine reasons. I have more of a problem with Piccolo being treated as an equal to base Gohan for SEVERAL episodes now when just before the tournament he laid down the smackdown on SS2 Gohan.

Super nonsense, I guess?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Toei does it once again: Monna was beating the crap out of Cabba... but Base Vegeta blasted her away like she was nothing. :lol:
Base Vegeta is just much stronger the Cabba. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. Especially considering Vegeta gone through a hell of lot since the Champa arc.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Toei does it once again: Monna was beating the crap out of Cabba... but Base Vegeta blasted her away like she was nothing. :lol:
Even though Vegeta said that him and Cabba were equal in their bases... Toei really couldn't care less about powerscaling. They probably didn't want to waste money on animating Vegeta transform.
Lord Beerus wrote:
Base Vegeta is just much stronger the Cabba. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. Especially considering Vegeta gone through a hell of lot since the Champa arc.
But they've been trying to establish that the U6 Saiyans have more potential than Goku and Vegeta, so base Cabba should have been able to keep up with base Vegeta as long as he's been training.
Last edited by Hakaishin Liquir on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Even though Vegeta said that him and Cabba were equal in their bases... Toei really couldn't care less about powerscaling. They probably didn't want to waste money on animating Vegeta transform.
That was during the last tournament. Vegeta's been in the hyperbolic time chamber twice since then and gotten significantly stronger.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
That was during the last tournament. Vegeta's been in the hyperbolic time chamber twice since then and gotten significantly stronger.
Fifty times stronger seems like too big of a pill to swallow.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:51 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Like I said to Lord Beerus, Cabba should have more potential than Vegeta and he should have been able to keep up if he kept on training, and Cabba doesn't seem like the type of person who would slack off on training.

During this arc, Vegeta only trained in the HTC for an hour or less in Earth time, so that really shouldn't have made much of a difference for Vegeta, and he stopped training for a few months in order to help a pregnant Bulma so he could have been slightly weaker than he was in the FT Arc when he went into the HTC.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Doctor. wrote:Fifty times stronger seems like too big of a pill to swallow.
Cabba seemed to be doing alright for himself until Monna turned into that balloon thing, and it didn't seem like Vegeta's attack did much damage to her when she came back.

I'm more worried about Goku somehow recovering his stamina while fighting. How the hell does that even work? How has he ever lost a fight if he can do that!?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Doctor. wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: Even though Vegeta said that him and Cabba were equal in their bases... Toei really couldn't care less about powerscaling. They probably didn't want to waste money on animating Vegeta transform.
After two trips in the ROSAT, where on both occasions he trained so hard he blew up the damn place, and constantly going over to train intensely with Whis in his spare time, it's not hard at all to imagine Vegeta's strength skyrocketing. from the Champa arc to now.
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
But they've been trying to establish that the U6 Saiyans have more potential than Goku and Vegeta, so base Cabba should have been able to keep up with base Vegeta as long as he's been training.
Not having access to facilities like the ROSAT or having the tutelage of martial artists like Whis would always give Vegeta the big advantage over Cabba in terms of building power.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Doctor. wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: Even though Vegeta said that him and Cabba were equal in their bases... Toei really couldn't care less about powerscaling. They probably didn't want to waste money on animating Vegeta transform.
Well you've must have swallowed pills the size and shape of texas before just this, so this shouldn't be too hard :lol:.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:After two trips in the ROSAT, where on both occasions he trained so hard he blew up the damn place, and constantly going over to train intensely with Whis in his spare time, it's not hard at all to imagine Vegeta's strength skyrocketing. from the Champa arc to now.
Still, we know Cabba isn't too far off from Vegeta considering Caulifla and Goku were on the same level (even if Goku had the upperhand) and we know Caulifla isn't considerably stronger than Cabba. To add on to this, we saw Caulifla defeating both Jimeze and one of those robots that attacked Gohan that also attacked Goku in this episode. This means she's either stronger than base Gohan or around his level and we know base Gohan and base Goku are comparable.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: That was during the last tournament. Vegeta's been in the hyperbolic time chamber twice since then and gotten significantly stronger.
After two trips in the ROSAT, where on both occasions he trained so hard he blew up the damn place, and constantly going over to train intensely with Whis in his spare time, it's not hard at all to imagine Vegeta's strength skyrocketing. from the Champa arc to now.
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Base Vegeta is just much stronger the Cabba. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. Especially considering Vegeta gone through a hell of lot since the Champa arc.
Not having access to facilities like the ROSAT or having the tutelage of martial artists like Whis would always give Vegeta the big advantage over Cabba in terms of building power.
One of those trips was for only an hour or less. The excuse that Vegeta could get much stronger than Cabba because he has better training methods doesn't really make sense when Gohan can reach SSB level by training with Piccolo for a few hours, Freeza can keep up with SSB Goku and Vegeta by only doing image training, 17 can reach SSB level (despite not having the gravity chamber, RoSaT, Whis, or someone else to train with), and Krillin (who ever had as much potential as Base Goku) can get much stronger by lifting weights in his basement for a few weeks, and Roshi, despite being way past his prime, can somehow get thousands of times stronger by training off-screen for a year. If all of these people, some of which don't even have as much potential as Goku and Vegeta, can get much stronger despite not using high-quality training methods, then why can't Cabba even though he was shown to have more potential than Vegeta?

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Any comments on the U6 Namekians?
Feels over Reals.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:07 pm

RedHeat wrote:Any comments on the U6 Namekians?
Strong enough to give Gohan and Piccolo trouble. Piccolo's pretty impressed with them.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Strong enough to give Gohan and Piccolo trouble. Piccolo's pretty impressed with them.
I wonder why they weren't recruited for the previous tournament while fodders like base Cabba were.

Loputousu

Post by Loputousu » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:15 pm

So are you guys going to finally accept the two base theory after all this evidence in the past few eps?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
I wonder why they weren't recruited for the previous tournament while fodders like base Cabba were.
According to their bio they fight as a team with combination attacks, which wouldn't have been much use in that tournament. Cabba was recruited because Champa asked for a Saiyan since Beerus had them.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:19 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Well they had to pick 5 people.

Hit is the strongest guy in their universe so he was a given.

Cabba was picked purely because Champa insisted on having a saiyan and Cabba is pretty respected by his people.

Frost was picked because Vados knew his true nature and Champa's main request was for people who would win no matter what.

Magetta is pretty self explanatory.

Botamo was likely picked purely for his hax power, they just assumed that he'd be impossible to ring out.

Simple put Champa's short sightedness, vanity, pride and desire to win at any cost made him and by extension Vados overlook better fighters.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Apologies for the double post, but I once again missed the NEP. I'll update the above post once I catch a later glimpse of it.
The short NEP's up on youtube. It's hard to tell but I think Goku is SS2? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2eBX00SbzM

SuperDragoon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperDragoon » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:29 pm

So...Goku is going SSJ3 next episode. Wonder what that will change. Also two base theory is up on the air again. Base Vegeta>Monna (Giant)>SSJ Cabba>Base Cabba