Caulifla: Super Saiyan 3 or Rage?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Caulifla: Super Saiyan 3 or Rage?

Post by Kishido » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:16 am

I think it is clear as hell will ger something cuz that’s why she seeks out Goku.

She and Kale are the last hope for U6.

Be what would you prefer? SSJ3 or Ikari?

SSJ3 is all cool but I think Caulifla should learn fast about it cons. And SSJ 3 would still do shit to the top players.

So what about Ikari? Giving her Ikari would be a big jump in power and on top we might get an explanation for it finally.

PS
I hope Kale won’t get something new. She is special enough already

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Caulifla: SSJ 3 or Ikari?

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:40 am

Unless we get a really good explanation for Ikari that makes sense, I would honestly prefer SS3.

It was weird enough for Trunks to get such a huge leap in power, Caulifla going from not knowing Super Saiyan is a thing to God tier in the span of a day would possibly be the biggest wtf moment in Dragon Ball and would sour all of Dragon Ball Super for me (more than it already was...).

Super Saiyan 3 I can atleast deal with. Save anything else they have for her until after the tournament because she's getting too powerful in so little time that at this point, it feels like parody.
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 am

Shaqazooloo wrote:Unless we get a really good explanation for Ikari that makes sense, I would honestly prefer SS3.

It was weird enough for Trunks to get such a huge leap in power, Caulifla going from not knowing Super Saiyan is a thing to God tier in the span of a day would possibly be the biggest wtf moment in Dragon Ball and would sour all of Dragon Ball Super for me (more than it already was...).

Super Saiyan 3 I can atleast deal with. Save anything else they have for her until after the tournament because she's getting too powerful in so little time that at this point, it feels like parody.
I wrote something about the difference between the way the U6 Sayians approach transformations compared to U7. Instead of focusing on rage as a the catalyst, they've pinpointed the physical location on their body to focus their energy bringing about new transformations. The unique approach to attaining new forms coupled with their high level in base form, allow them to reach higher forms at a quicker pace. I can see her reaching SSJ3 given her current base is well above Goku's when he first achieved the transformation.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 am

It's not clear to me that she'll get something, but if she did, I'm inclined to say SS3. Ikari has a lot of baggage with it. I'd only accept it if Goku walked her through how to do it, and the explanation was exactly to my liking.

SS3 has already been suggested for her, and personally, I think its status needs some rehabilitating. Only thing is, I hate the way SS3 has looked in Super. Can't go ruining her looks, and even at its best SS3 runs the risk of making her look silly.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:49 am

Can't she just trip and fall off the stage ? If not then nothing cause if she was getting something they would've hyped it up by now.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:26 am

SSJ3? Ikari? please, this is the great Cauli we're talking about, watch her tingle those jimmies and master UI before Goku.

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:36 am

larzooma wrote:
Shaqazooloo wrote:Unless we get a really good explanation for Ikari that makes sense, I would honestly prefer SS3.

I wrote something about the difference between the way the U6 Sayians approach transformations compared to U7. Instead of focusing on rage as a the catalyst, they've pinpointed the physical location on their body to focus their energy bringing about new transformations. The unique approach to attaining new forms coupled with their high level in base form, allow them to reach higher forms at a quicker pace. I can see her reaching SSJ3 given her current base is well above Goku's when he first achieved the transformation.
Even if thats the case, i'm still very bothered that this all happens within a day. I could accept 1 or 2 years, hell, maybe even a couple months, but 1 day is just ridiculous to me. Basically it's a race people that can get galaxy ending powers on a lazy friday afternoon if they wanted too and that kind of bugs me. I don't like them being more op than U7 saiyans because Goku and Vegeta are already op enough.

I really wish they had atleast spaced out the forms like they did with Cabba.
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:38 am

The only thing they should give her and Kale is a swift Golden Freeza kick to the face and a one way trip out of the tournament.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:39 am

ekrolo2 wrote:The only thing they should give her and Kale is a swift Golden Freeza kick to the face and a one way trip out of the tournament.
Reality aint that sweet.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:42 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:The only thing they should give her and Kale is a swift Golden Freeza kick to the face and a one way trip out of the tournament.
Reality aint that sweet.
I don't know, I was expecting Cabba & Vegeta to knock Freeza out of bounds because Super loves ruining good storylines like that. Plus he wants Goku to beat Jiren for him which can't happen if Kale & Caulifla happen to knock Goku out.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:53 am

Simere wrote: SS3 has already been suggested for her, and personally, I think its status needs some rehabilitating. Only thing is, I hate the way SS3 has looked in Super. Can't go ruining her looks, and even at its best SS3 runs the risk of making her look silly.
Yeah, Goku's SS3 in Super has looked like trash everytime it's shown off, it's hard to imagine Caulifla looking any better. I somewhat like her design, but her as a SS3 would probably only look slightly better than Cabba as SS3...
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:29 am

I want her to get SS3. Why? Because it will probably piss more people off due to it being the more "explained" transformation out of the two. Super Saiyan Rage seemed more like a freak accident, while SS3 was said to be achieved through intense training (Gotenks doesn't care though). Because it's more "explained," people will probably rage more and complain how she didn't earn it the way Goku (again, Gotenks is special and he doesn't care about rules) did. It will be a sight to behold, to say the least. Kale can fuck off though, I'm all in on that hate bandwagon.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:42 am

Don't really care if she gets either. Love seeing man-babies cry over good characters.

The icing on the cake would if Kale gets a new form.
Feels over Reals.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:48 am

I don’t really care either way but I also don’t understand why people say SSJ3 looks ugly in Super. It’s always looked ugly.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:20 am

RedHeat wrote:Don't really care if she gets either. Love seeing man-babies cry over good characters.

The icing on the cake would if Kale gets a new form.
I really have my fingers crossed for LSS3 Kale. The outrage would be incredible.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 am

sintzu wrote:Can't she just trip and fall off the stage ?
Seconded.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:08 am

Kinokima wrote:I don’t really care either way but I also don’t understand why people say SSJ3 looks ugly in Super. It’s always looked ugly.
It looked decent in Z. I think one problem I have with it in Super is the color, feels off to me.
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:09 am

:clap: :clap:
Not many adults of the show like those 2 little shits. But the kids..what about the god damn kids? They need someone to pull for.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:14 am

Super saiyan 3 is a way to go,that form really need an explanation
Mostly active on discord.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:16 am

The gr wrote:Super saiyan 3 is a way to go,that form really need an explanation
Toriyama said it was just a powered up version of Ssj1.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.