Caulifla: Super Saiyan 3 or Rage?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: Caulifla: SSJ 3 or Ikari?

Post by The gr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:18 am

sintzu wrote: Toriyama said it was just a powered up version of Ssj1.
Wait he said that,when did he said that
Mostly active on discord.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:39 am

SansrivaaL wrote:SSJ3? Ikari? please, this is the great Cauli we're talking about, watch her tingle those jimmies and master UI before Goku.
sintzu wrote:Can't she just trip and fall off the stage ? If not then nothing cause if she was getting something they would've hyped it up by now.
ekrolo2 wrote:The only thing they should give her and Kale is a swift Golden Freeza kick to the face and a one way trip out of the tournament.
:lol: :lol:

Cauliflowa needs to be kicked off from the stage already, kale can stay and get her character developed a little more..
Her getting anymore forms is shit for a variety of reasons, the most glaring one being Goku specifically saying she needs to master her SS2 first and foremost and all she has done since then is get her ass beaten and continue to be a waste of everyones time..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:44 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
sintzu wrote:Can't she just trip and fall off the stage ?
Seconded.
Thirded.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 am

If it wasn't Gokû, I'd think he'd trick Caulifla by teaching her ssj3 and not telling her about its stamina drain. She'd overuse the form and tire herself out so she could be rung out somewhat easily.

I think it'll be ssj3 regardless because I think ikari was supposed to be a Future Trunks arc exclusive.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 am

I would be tremendously surprised for "Super Saiyan Ikari" to ever make an appearance again. I would also prefer Caulifla not transform. Already been overindulged.

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:04 am

Super Saiyan Rose. It'd be kawaii as fuck.

/sarcasm
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 am

Ikari... I had to look this up cause I had no idea what he meant...

I would prefer SSJ3 since its already been mentioned in training with her before. SSJRage made no sense to begin with and was Trunks' thing. Let's just leave it at that.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:30 am

sintzu wrote:Can't she just trip and fall off the stage ?
If Vegeta didn't do that after that burn from Toppo, no one should do that.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:41 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:If Vegeta didn't do that after that burn from Toppo, no one should do that.
He's just jealous that Vegeta is "cooler" than him 8) .

I hope it's a full fight and not something that'll get cut off screen or interrupted. He should use SsjG at this point now that it's a thing again.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:51 pm

larzooma wrote:
Shaqazooloo wrote:Unless we get a really good explanation for Ikari that makes sense, I would honestly prefer SS3.

It was weird enough for Trunks to get such a huge leap in power, Caulifla going from not knowing Super Saiyan is a thing to God tier in the span of a day would possibly be the biggest wtf moment in Dragon Ball and would sour all of Dragon Ball Super for me (more than it already was...).

Super Saiyan 3 I can atleast deal with. Save anything else they have for her until after the tournament because she's getting too powerful in so little time that at this point, it feels like parody.
I wrote something about the difference between the way the U6 Sayians approach transformations compared to U7. Instead of focusing on rage as a the catalyst, they've pinpointed the physical location on their body to focus their energy bringing about new transformations. The unique approach to attaining new forms coupled with their high level in base form, allow them to reach higher forms at a quicker pace. I can see her reaching SSJ3 given her current base is well above Goku's when he first achieved the transformation.
Kinda disproved by Cabba achieving SS2 via anger. So they CAN do it that way.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:59 pm

SSJ 3 looks cool and all, and it is one of my favorite forms, but after all these years I don't even think Goku's mastered it completely, and it is too much of a massive waste of stamina to be useful against anyone other than weaker opponents. She'll probably get Ikari, but ideally, if they had written her with better build-up, she could've been the one to master SSJ3 and made it own ... WITH EYEBROWS!
Kishido wrote:I think it is clear as hell will ger something cuz that’s why she seeks out Goku.

She and Kale are the last hope for U6.

Be what would you prefer? SSJ3 or Ikari?

SSJ3 is all cool but I think Caulifla should learn fast about it cons. And SSJ 3 would still do shit to the top players.

So what about Ikari? Giving her Ikari would be a big jump in power and on top we might get an explanation for it finally.

PS
I hope Kale won’t get something new. She is special enough already
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Super Saiyan Ikari would be dope. I don't like SSJ3, not only because it has big cons, but the appearance is awful.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:45 pm

IF these two were going to happen I would prefer SSJ3. Ikari was at least understandably brought out of Trunks taking into consideration his circumstances in life and I like that its his thing, Caulifla has nothing going on for her to warrant Ikari.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:46 pm

Neither, she should just get eliminated.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Ikari. SS3 looks awful in Super.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:18 pm

She should get Ikari by tingling her back. I won't even be mad.

Even better, give her SSG. Goddess Caulifla :D :twisted:
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:40 pm

SonReggie wrote:
larzooma wrote:
Shaqazooloo wrote:Unless we get a really good explanation for Ikari that makes sense, I would honestly prefer SS3.

It was weird enough for Trunks to get such a huge leap in power, Caulifla going from not knowing Super Saiyan is a thing to God tier in the span of a day would possibly be the biggest wtf moment in Dragon Ball and would sour all of Dragon Ball Super for me (more than it already was...).

Super Saiyan 3 I can atleast deal with. Save anything else they have for her until after the tournament because she's getting too powerful in so little time that at this point, it feels like parody.
I wrote something about the difference between the way the U6 Sayians approach transformations compared to U7. Instead of focusing on rage as a the catalyst, they've pinpointed the physical location on their body to focus their energy bringing about new transformations. The unique approach to attaining new forms coupled with their high level in base form, allow them to reach higher forms at a quicker pace. I can see her reaching SSJ3 given her current base is well above Goku's when he first achieved the transformation.
Kinda disproved by Cabba achieving SS2 via anger. So they CAN do it that way.
It isn't that they're incapable of achieving higher forms due to anger, it's the original reason Cabba discovers SSJ while fighting/training with Vegeta. All I'm saying is the few times we've seen them attempting to learn a new transformation, they explicitly show them focusing energy in their back. Given they've yet to really experience a situation where a new transformation is the only thing standing between themselves and dying or the death of the people they love, the methodical approach seems to work much quicker.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Neither. Keep it at SSJ2.

But if you put a gun to my head, I'd say SSJ3. I don't know what to SSJ Ikari was, so I'm not sure how we could apply it to Caulifla.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:03 pm

I think she just wants to get stronger, she wants to learn from goku while she fights him
If she gets any "transformation" its gonna be SS3 since that already been implied in their previous encounter and what other reason would there be for Goku to use the stamina draining SS3 in the nep while he is trying to regain stamina ? other than to teach it

Most likely scenario is she gets nothing besides some grasshopper wisdom, and gets stronger without a transformation but through natural means i.e self improvement

GhoulEto

Post by GhoulEto » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 pm

Do you know what would be the best? that toriyama erase them from his script, yes, that would be incredible.