Caulifla: Super Saiyan 3 or Rage?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Caulifla: SSJ 3 or Ikari?

Post by Asura » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:21 pm

People are saying SSJ3 looks awful in Super so don't do it, but when was the last time we saw SSJ3? Well there was that one in-between-arcs episode before this arc even began with Krillin in the forest 36 episodes ago, but before that? Episode 5, which was 107 episodes ago.

Considering we've gone from this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

to this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I wouldn't really be worrying about how the art looked in the past and how that has an impact on the art now.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:05 pm

Asura wrote:People are saying SSJ3 looks awful in Super so don't do it, but when was the last time we saw SSJ3? Well there was that one in-between-arcs episode before this arc even began with Krillin in the forest 36 episodes ago, but before that? Episode 5, which was 107 episodes ago.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

to this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I wouldn't really be worrying about how the art looked in the past and how that has an impact on the art now.
it looked like ass in the black arc as well
and i dont think its fair to compare to the especial, I'm sure special amount of care was put into it that regular episdoes will not otherwise get

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:01 am

Cabba wrote:
Asura wrote:People are saying SSJ3 looks awful in Super so don't do it, but when was the last time we saw SSJ3? Well there was that one in-between-arcs episode before this arc even began with Krillin in the forest 36 episodes ago, but before that? Episode 5, which was 107 episodes ago.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

to this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

it looked like ass in the black arc as well
and i dont think its fair to compare to the especial, I'm sure special amount of care was put into it that regular episdoes will not otherwise get
I really don't think it looked all that bad, especially when compared to the last time we saw it...

[spoiler]Episode 5:

Episode 76:

Image[/spoiler]

And your point about the special is fair, but there's still a VERY visible leap in quality from when Super first began and this arc. Just look at some of this stuff.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

The art has undoubtedly been getting better and better each arc, and the quality is still pretty high even after the special.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:13 am

Can neither be an option? :lol:

Honestly, I love Caulifla, I loved that she got Super Saiyan. SSJ2 was a stretch. Would I like to see her get SSJ3 eventually? Yes in the future. During the tournament? No. As for Ikari, that form has yet to be explained so I'm not sure how she would get it because we don't really know how Trunks got it.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:34 am

I mean, it's not as if we could control what happens, but eh. If she got SS3 just from looking at it, that would be a big middle finger to Vegeta never attaining the form, even though he surpassed the form in power anyway with just SS2 (in the case of Gotenks, he was a fused warrior so yeah...). Series has made it quite clear that any Saiyan can get SS, most can get SS2, but very few get SS3.

Ikari, as cool as it looked, was something that just didn't make much sense at all and can be attributed to "Trunks got beaten up by gods a lot and picked it up".
sintzu wrote:Can't she just trip and fall off the stage ? If not then nothing cause if she was getting something they would've hyped it up by now.
ekrolo2 wrote:The only thing they should give her and Kale is a swift Golden Freeza kick to the face and a one way trip out of the tournament.
Though if either of these happened, it'd actually be pretty funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:46 am

She should be getting super saiyan ikari 3 in both anime and manga just to piss everyone off, producers and Toriyama himself included.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:07 am

Neither. Caulifla is a god awful Mary Sue who should get knocked out pronto. Preferably by someone not named Frieza because I want that lizard looking motherfucker to go out ASAP too.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:34 am

She isn't going anywhere and will most likely be in a planet Sadal arc so why give her everything all at once ?
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:If she got SS3 just from looking at it, that would be a big middle finger to Vegeta never attaining the form.
Her reaching any form by looking at it is a middle finger to everyone.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:15 am

I don't care if she gets a new form or not, but Ikari would be fun because Goku would actually have to explain it. Hell, him having to explain all these different forms would be a riot.

[spoiler]Caulifla: Ok, what the hell is this?
Goku: Oh, it's a form my friend Trunks got.
Caulifla:...and?
Goku: Uhh, honestly, I don't know much about that one. It just kinda happened.
Caulifla: How many of these are there?
Goku: Well, there's 1, 2 and 3, and 1 has a bunch of grades in the middle...you already know about one of them, the big muscley one.
Caulifla: Uh huh...
Goku: Then there's Blue, the Trunks thing, Kale's thing, a guy who looked like me had a pink version called Rose, long story. Kaioken...that's the red thing, you probably can't get that.
Caulifla: The thing you used when you were helping Hit?
Goku: No, that's God! You can get that...I think. Do you know many pure-hearted people?
Caulifla: Pfft.
Goku: I'll take that as a no. Lastly, there's this Ultra Instinct thing, I got no clue about that.
Caulifla: Awww, I really wanted that one.
Goku: I know right? Also, this may sound weird, but can Universe 6 Saiyans turn into giant apes?
Caulifla: Like cavemen?
Goku: Because if you could do that, you could then channel Super Saiyan through it to create a golden ape and then by controlling that you could make an ape hybrid form that's at least stronger than 3. Maybe. I dunno, it's just an idea I had.
Caulifla:...dude, that's radical.[/spoiler]

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:35 am

it simply does not make any sense for caulifla to master SS3 or ikari before the tournament is finished. i am the one who made the advanced analysis thread about caulifla after all.

just think about it. SS3 is a legendary form. the only saiyans we know who can use it have only became capable through special circumstances. goku had to train for years while dead, and gotenks is a fusion. not to mention the insane stamina drain. so yes, it would not make any sense if she could master it before the tournament ends.

however, whether she actually does is another issue. if she does use it, i suspect it would be very quick and not near a mastered state. i would personally prefer if she does not learn it in this tournament. i suppose ikari isn't too out of reach though. ikari may be the more powerful form, but surely it is a lot more efficient than SS3.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:31 am

In light of what we know from certain leaks, it's possible she'll try to learn SSJ3 but can't because it's too strenuous. She asks Goku how and he says there are two ways to access it: the way he did it...or the way Gotenks did it.

Hmmm.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:30 am

So either lose the eyebrows or the pupil & iris lol, tough choice for a chick. Seriously get SSJ3 tho, we already have a berserk Kale so any more ikari is not needed. You can always over come the stamina issue with more training and it definitely looks a lot cooler than Ikari.

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:10 am

How about no more asspull transformations for Caulifla or Kale and they get knocked out instead of just standing around in the open? They're nothing more than characters to sell merchandise to fans who have desperately wanted a female super saiyan. It's like Toei's saying "Hey, we finally have female saiyans. Be sure to get your figures soon"

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:24 am

Kastex wrote:it simply does not make any sense for caulifla to master SS3 or ikari before the tournament is finished. i am the one who made the advanced analysis thread about caulifla after all.

just think about it. SS3 is a legendary form. the only saiyans we know who can use it have only became capable through special circumstances. goku had to train for years while dead, and gotenks is a fusion. not to mention the insane stamina drain. so yes, it would not make any sense if she could master it before the tournament ends.

however, whether she actually does is another issue. if she does use it, i suspect it would be very quick and not near a mastered state. i would personally prefer if she does not learn it in this tournament. i suppose ikari isn't too out of reach though. ikari may be the more powerful form, but surely it is a lot more efficient than SS3.
You mean that one thread you made where you said Caulifla is around 40 - 50 years old and how she's not actually an arrogant/cocky person? No offense but I don't think claiming credit for that thread is doing you any favors.

Saying that it wouldn't make any sense for her to get SSJ3 means nothing at this point considering she's already gotten SSJ, USSJ, and SSJ2 all within the span of a day. I wouldn't even have a problem with her getting SSJ3 at this point cause I mean shit, might as well go all the way with this nonsense. Nothing like destroying a perfectly good character due to stupid writing that turns her into a Mary Sue. I really do like Caulifla, but they've already ruined her in a lot of people's eyes due to how fast she's gaining these super saiyan forms. I don't see how going SSJ3 at this point would be the straw that broke the camel's back because I think the camel has been laying on the floor in pain for quite some time already.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Asura wrote:
Kastex wrote:it simply does not make any sense for caulifla to master SS3 or ikari before the tournament is finished. i am the one who made the advanced analysis thread about caulifla after all.

You mean that one thread you made where you said Caulifla is around 40 - 50 years old and how she's not actually an arrogant/cocky person? No offense but I don't think claiming credit for that thread is doing you any favors.

Saying that it wouldn't make any sense for her to get SSJ3 means nothing at this point considering she's already gotten SSJ, USSJ, and SSJ2 all within the span of a day. I wouldn't even have a problem with her getting SSJ3 at this point cause I mean shit, might as well go all the way with this nonsense. Nothing like destroying a perfectly good character due to stupid writing that turns her into a Mary Sue. I really do like Caulifla, but they've already ruined her in a lot of people's eyes due to how fast she's gaining these super saiyan forms. I don't see how going SSJ3 at this point would be the straw that broke the camel's back because I think the camel has been laying on the floor in pain for quite some time already.
hahaha don't be like that. the only reason i mentioned that thread is because i knew it would get me a bit of attention. i haven't had my attention fix on this website in quite some time after all.
i don't remember the original age range i posted for caulifla, but as of the last edit back in july i stated her age range being 22-50, which is incredibly reasonable given the material i discussed. i also provided ample reasoning why she is not arrogant by the provided definition.

i never said that it won't make sense for her to turn ss3. i said it wouldn't make sense for her to "master" ss3 before the tournament is finished. through things that have been said about ss3 since it was first introduced, we knows it's very different from ss1 and ss2, even some other forms. we know the stamina drain is greater than even ssred, yet nowhere near as powerful. it's simply not an efficient form anymore, and the only saiyans who have learned it have done so under special conditions. that's what sets ss3 apart from all of the other forms. at this time, you can't compare caulifla going ss2 to ss3 as if those forms are on the same level.

caulifla has been regarded as a special prodigy since before she was introduced. there is sense and reason in why it would be easy for her to achieve forms up to ss2. the saiyans from u7 were mainly relying on emotional states for transformations back in dbz. from the beginning, caulifla opted for the backdoor. from then, it's all about ki manipulation, and she was more than skilled enough to achieve those forms already.
i already mentioned that i would prefer if she does not learn ss3 in this tournament, but i could accept if she does as long as they remember the intense stamina drain. she should realize the inefficiency of the form and either only use it when necessary, or not at all.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:54 pm

I hate Ikari. It's a BS powerup that never got explained and is not even canon in the manga.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:49 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:Neither. Caulifla is a god awful Mary Sue who should get knocked out pronto. Preferably by someone not named Frieza because I want that lizard looking motherfucker to go out ASAP too.
You were with me for the first half of your post, then you lost me.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Asura wrote: The art has undoubtedly been getting better and better each arc, and the quality is still pretty high even after the special.
I want to believe and i want to be wrong but personally i dont feel SS3 will ever look as good as it did on Z or at least as good as it did on the BoGs movie consistently
The shots from episode 76 look decent.. thats about it and they are mostly from Goku standing still there was no fight using SS3 in that episode. If they can keep at least as good as episode 76 consistently while on dynamic scenes while fighting then i would call that a win

The special wasn't perfect either, there were some bad jiren and Goku drawings, Jiren specially looked bad on shots from a distance dont know if its LOD thing, but the thing that caught my eye was the naruto looking art in some parts which i dislike, dont know if that was intentional or not but its crap

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:Neither. Caulifla is a god awful Mary Sue who should get knocked out pronto. Preferably by someone not named Frieza because I want that lizard looking motherfucker to go out ASAP too.
You were with me for the first half of your post, then you lost me.
Sorry but I still think he should have never been revived. All the charm Frieza once had is gone after they've milked the character so damn much.

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Cabba wrote:
Asura wrote: The art has undoubtedly been getting better and better each arc, and the quality is still pretty high even after the special.
I want to believe and i want to be wrong but personally i dont feel SS3 will ever look as good as it did on Z or at least as good as it did on the BoGs movie consistently
The shots from episode 76 look decent.. thats about it and they are mostly from Goku standing still there was no fight using SS3 in that episode. If they can keep at least as good as episode 76 consistently while on dynamic scenes while fighting then i would call that a win

The special wasn't perfect either, there were some bad jiren and Goku drawings, Jiren specially looked bad on shots from a distance dont know if its LOD thing, but the thing that caught my eye was the naruto looking art in some parts which i dislike, dont know if that was intentional or not but its crap
I'd say the special was just about perfect aside from maybe one or two shots.

This one in particular was easily the worst one.

I still think they'll be able to give SSJ3 some sort of justice. It obviously won't ever look as good as Z or BoG. Hell, nothing about Super looks better than Z aside from the special.