"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:07 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: You mean incest? They're still probably sisters ya know.
They're not related. It's more of a friendship thing.
We still don't know that for sure. It could be either, but I'm leaning on them being siblings.
If they were, surely Renso would have mentioned sisters when he told Cabba to recruit Caulifla, but he doesn't. And Cabba knows Caulifla and Renso but he doesn't seem familiar with Kale until they're introduced.
TekTheNinja wrote: Then all the fusions fuse to create the ultimate warrior and kick Jiren's ass. :lol:
It's more likely than you think!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
:P
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:07 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I wonder how much their fusion will look like those early images of Kale from the opening where she still had Caulifla's face.

Either way, still neutral about these two. I just want the Uni 6 saiyan trio to get Vegeta and Gokû to Planet Salad in a later arc.
I just want Frieza to go and blow Planet Sadal up so we don't have to go there . :lol:
We were stuck on Planet Piccolo in Z, it's only fair the Saiyans get a turn if they want to go there.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:11 am

I'm still pissed that Cabba, and Hit got knocked out before them. Also pissed that Frieza out-manipulated the guy who was supposed to be the more manipulative version of Frieza. And never forget Bota-Magetta, the wasted team-up. Seriously the original 6 universe 6 fighters were shafted.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:12 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I wonder how much their fusion will look like those early images of Kale from the opening where she still had Caulifla's face.

Either way, still neutral about these two. I just want the Uni 6 saiyan trio to get Vegeta and Gokû to Planet Salad in a later arc.
I just want Frieza to go and blow Planet Sadal up so we don't have to go there . :lol:
And then Frieza goes to blow up Universe 6 Namek for the sake of Nostalgia
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:12 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: You mean incest? They're still probably sisters ya know.
They're not related. It's more of a friendship thing.
We still don't know that for sure. It could be either, but I'm leaning on them being siblings.
There's little to support that I'm afraid. Caulifla would've definitely said something more specific up until now, not to mention Cabba already knew of Caulifla because she was Renso's sister, but I don't recall him knowing about Kale. It doesn't add up too well for now.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:14 am

Whether people liked it or not, it was pretty obvious Caulifla and Kale were getting a bigger push than the others of their team this saga.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:14 am

Simere wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:So we have two terrible characters, that shafted other more interesting characters from the spotlight, that have somehow mastered a technique that they should have no idea about.
What reason do you have for why they should have no idea about it?
Pretty much by all definitions of logic and rationality?

That's how?

Please, do tell, how Kale or Caulifla would know about the fusion technique? I'm sure you can think of plenty.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:14 am

Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

And then Frieza goes to blow up Universe 6 Namek for the sake of Nostalgia
Final battle of Super confirmed.
hardcorefakes wrote:
Pretty much by all definitions of logic and rationality?

That's how?

Please, do tell, how Kale or Caulifla would know about the fusion technique? I'm sure you can think of plenty.
Learned it before the tournament as a secret weapon since Cali and Kale are so in-sync that they quickly mastered the Fusion Dance. Or it could be something like the fusion from the 2008 where no dance is needed, Cali and Kale can fused using a special technique since they're soul mates. Or maybe the Kais gave them a pair of earrings.

This isn't hard to do. Used some imagination.
Last edited by HeroR on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:15 am

Michsi wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
RedHeat wrote: They're not related. It's more of a friendship thing.
There's little to support that I'm afraid. Caulifla would've definitely said something more specific up until now, not to mention Cabba already knew of Caulifla because she was Renso's sister, but I don't recall him knowing about Kale. It doesn't add up too well for now.
Then why exactly do they often call each other "sis"?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:16 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Btw wouldn't it be a dick move if the Grand Priest announces another rule: the winner can wish whatever he wants except bringing back all erased universes!
That could happen, leading the winner trying to find another way to bring everything back.
Jigurashi wrote:The fanbase jumping to conclusions again. Nothing new. People raging out over something that hasn't even happened yet?
If both characters aren't likable on their own why would they fused ? aside form that, they're getting too much time while others are being pushed to the side.
Hawk9211 wrote:The only good thing is that now both will be eliminated together.
We thought they'd be out more than once but they're still here so that very well could happen again.
Michsi wrote:The Bleach anime comes to mind. Remember, Super barely got any promo at all, it was announced just a few weeks before it began airing or something like that. I think it's unlikely, but people should keep an open mind.
Bleach's manga sales had been falling for awhile before so it didn't come out of nowhere. DB's sales as of now have been growing so there's nothing to worry about in that regard.
Michsi wrote:The recent rumors about new movies being planned is an odd coincidence.
The talks about a movie are from fans guessing that's what they're doing based on a site being registered which itself might not even be official.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:19 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

We were stuck on Planet Piccolo in Z, it's only fair the Saiyans get a turn if they want to go there.
Planet Piccolo in Universe 6 would be much better then a Planet full of monkeys. Me and Frieza would greatly enjoy the destruction of Planet Sadal.
HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote: And then Frieza goes to blow up Universe 6 Namek for the sake of Nostalgia
Piccolo will have to quickly eat his new found food then.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:20 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Then why exactly do they often call each other "sis"?
It's a yakuza/gang thing used to show respect to a female superior.

Hana Midorikawa

Post by Hana Midorikawa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:21 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
Michsi wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: We still don't know that for sure. It could be either, but I'm leaning on them being siblings.
I call my best friends “bro” or “brother” cause I’m close with them. But by your logic, I guess we’re related and any other explanation is iffy.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
We were stuck on Planet Piccolo in Z, it's only fair the Saiyans get a turn if they wanna t to go there.
Planet Piccolo in Universe 6 would be much better then a Planet full of monkeys. Me and Frieza would greatly enjoy the destruction of Planet Sadal.
This is extremely subjective and you’re really not helping your case. I respect you solely on your love of Piccolo but your hate on anything Saiyan related is not only unnecessary, but it’s getting to the point where you’re trying to project your subjective perspective of them as something objective, and in turn you’re becoming almost like a parody of yourself.
Last edited by Hana Midorikawa on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 am

I love that people are automatically assuming the worst case scenario will happen. This is funny to watch, people are just prepared to be disappointed by DBS. Maybe so they'll be able to be surprised if it goes against their expectations?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote: And then Frieza goes to blow up Universe 6 Namek for the sake of Nostalgia
Piccolo will have to quickly eat his new found food then.
Monkeys will always be better than slugs. Slugs are only good on a dinner plate.
Kanassa wrote:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:31 am

sintzu wrote: Bleach's manga sales had been falling for awhile before so it didn't come out of nowhere. DB's sales as of now have been growing so there's nothing to worry about in that regard.
I was speaking about the how and when these announcements are made. Meaning that the TOP not having been promoted as the final arc isn't definite proof that they 100% won't be ending DBS with it. Just something to keep in mind.
TekTheNinja wrote: Then why exactly do they often call each other "sis"?
I'm not the biggest expert on the subject, but it's not uncommon in Japanese language to refer to someone you look up to as "older brother/sister", specifically in a gang like environment. Case in point, you only hear Kale use "sis" when referring to Caulifla, but not the other way around.
Also, as someone has already mentioned, gang members call their female leader "Big sister."

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:33 am

JulieYBM wrote:
Rhuagh wrote:Goten and Trunks got shafted for this. Between all reasons not to enjoy Caulifla and Kale, this is the biggest for me.
The production crew, Toriyama and Bandai are not interested in using those characters. Goten and Trunks are not fighters, they dick around too much. If this bothers you, go make a doujinshi.
If I needed definitive proof of is, I suppose this would be it.

It's been happening all along anyway, but this tournament has accelerated and exacerbated it. All the things that make Goten and Trunks halfway relevant or special are being given away to new characters. Super friendship. Ultra prodigy power. Fusion. I'm not saying that those things should be exclusive to them, but letting the girls do these things instead certainly cuts into any reason the staff may eventually have had to go back to the kids.

In a way, I suppose they were on track to be shafted the moment the universe became a multiverse. A smaller narrative means that we would need to rely on everyone for this or that at some point, including Goten and Trunks; a larger one means that they can be dumped.

I can't even be salty; I'm just really sad. It's like a part of me just died.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:37 am

Hana Midorikawa wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
Michsi wrote:
I call my best friends “bro” or “brother” cause I’m close with them. But by your logic, I guess we’re related and any other explanation is iffy.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
We were stuck on Planet Piccolo in Z, it's only fair the Saiyans get a turn if they wanna t to go there.
This is extremely subjective and you’re really not helping your case. I respect you solely on your love of Piccolo but your hate on anything Saiyan related is not only unnecessary, but it’s getting to the point where you’re trying to project your subjective perspective of them as something objective, and in turn you’re becoming almost like a parody of yourself.
Even as just a lurker, I know to ignore that guy. namekiansaiyan is constantly negative, complaining, and whining. Sit back and relax and wait for the DBSuper writers to screw over all the namekians so he can rage and tell us how he won't watch anymore. It's always a hoot.

As for the possible fusion, I guess Goku could try showing them in the middle of the ToP... but that just seems ludicrous. We shall see.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am

OLKv3 wrote:I love that people are automatically assuming the worst case scenario will happen. This is funny to watch, people are just prepared to be disappointed by DBS. Maybe so they'll be able to be surprised if it goes against their expectations?
It's like I said before. I can see why people wouldn't like this idea as if you don't like Caulifla and Kale you likely don't want to see more of them. But the raging out and massive assumptions based on just a provisional title is really what baffles me.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am

Boo Machine wrote:Fusion of the Saiyan chicks. Alright then. Let's see where this goes. There isn't really much for me to say about this because there isn't much information besides that it's a thing that's going to happen.

I will address a couple things I've heard from others though.

I'm confused why the fusion is now fan fic territory. What's so fan ficky about using an already established concept in the series? I don't even care about fusion all that much outside of Gotenks, and I understand people want to see new shit, but the concept of fusion is a thing in the dragonball world. Why wouldn't they use it? It's not fan fiction to use things that are apart of the world.

Some people say they shouldn't know what fusion is. Why? Nothing the U6 fighters ever said or did indicated that fusion isn't a thing they were not aware of. At the very worst Goku just teaches it to them and they learn it in 10 seconds.

It almost seems Caulifla and Kale can't so much as move an inch without igniting rage around here.
This is literally how people should be reacting towards this especially regarding the fusion concept.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).