"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:21 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Simere wrote:That's not going to happen. Her attitude isn't based on a perception that she's #1; she already knows that she's not that.
And you're sure of this how? because from what I saw thats not how she came off at all.
She's acknowledged Hit, Goku and Jiren's strength as being above her own. Not to mention Kale. It didn't discourage her in the least, so if you were expecting her to breakdown about it you might not have noticed. If you wanted to maybe hurt her attitude, giving her a level she can't reach no matter what she did would be the better thing to try. But that probably wouldn't do it, either.
They still represent a part of the fandom which is good enough, we can never gauge it to a complete degree so stop trying to make it sound like I'm being literal, you and I both know thats not my main point.
I don't know that. It sure seems like a central point at least. You're claiming her character isn't working and you're trying to appeal to a majority to support that argument. At best reading forums will give you an idea of what part of the hardcore fandom thinks, and that's only if you're good at removing your cognitive biases when assessing it. Over in the TV Ratings thread, precita claims the fandom is yearning for Uub and Pan to replace Goku as the main character based on her perception of fandom.

So, no, it's not "good enough". I can't tell you how many times I've seen players go on never ending diatribes about The Issue, the One Thing that's making the game terrible; only for the developer to cater to them, and promptly be met with a greater backlash from players who liked it the way it was.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:27 pm

Talking about something other than Kefla, I am quite positive that at least U6 will be brought back. They wouldn't bring up the whole Sadala thing again, and Frost being eliminated by Zeno was for the best, as they have no plans with him and he probably won't get revived if U6 is wished back.
As for Freeza, in this case he wouldn't get his wish like on Namek, but at least Goku would revive him, and then he could still plan to collect the Super DBs. This might be better for Freeza, because he doesn't speak the language of the Gods nor does he know that Super Shenron only accepts it along with the "lemon squeezy" formula. By seeing Super Shenron summoned, Freeza would be able to plan his wish better.

I could see ToP's winner asking Zeno/Grand Priest if he can wish the other universes back. That's quite predictable and safe, though. Maybe they will only allow 1 or 2 universes to get restored. By the way, Champa still owes Beerus one so it could be great if someone from U6 won and wished for U7 to be restored, as some of U6 fighters also bonded with U7's ones.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:31 pm

emperior wrote:Talking about something other than Kefla, I am quite positive that at least U6 will be brought back. They wouldn't bring up the whole Sadala thing again, and Frost being eliminated by Zeno was for the best, as they have no plans with him and he probably won't get revived if U6 is wished back.
As for Freeza, in this case he wouldn't get his wish like on Namek, but at least Goku would revive him, and then he could still plan to collect the Super DBs. This might be better for Freeza, because he doesn't speak the language of the Gods nor does he know that Super Shenron only accepts it along with the "lemon squeezy" formula. By seeing Super Shenron summoned, Freeza would be able to plan his wish better.

I could see ToP's winner asking Zeno/Grand Priest if he can wish the other universes back. That's quite predictable and safe, though. Maybe they will only allow 1 or 2 universes to get restored. By the way, Champa still owes Beerus one so it could be great if someone from U6 won and wished for U7 to be restored, as some of U6 fighters also bonded with U7's ones.
If Frost ever returns, they would have to redeem him imo.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:33 pm

So many people wishing that Freeza tortures Caulifla to teach her a lesson, while Ribrianne being beaten to death by Freeza would be something much more entertaining to see.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:35 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
emperior wrote:Talking about something other than Kefla, I am quite positive that at least U6 will be brought back. They wouldn't bring up the whole Sadala thing again, and Frost being eliminated by Zeno was for the best, as they have no plans with him and he probably won't get revived if U6 is wished back.

If Frost ever returns, they would have to redeem him imo.
I wish they'd introduce an actual heroic member of that...clan? who actually does act like Frost's public persona. It'd be a refreshing change of pace from Space Hitler and Space Hitler Jr.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Yessssssss this is best bit of info yet. If true this gonna be awesome.

We literally don't know anything yet calm down.
I was confused on Twitter everyone said Goku is an idiot for teaching Cali and Kale the Fusion Dance, but I didn't see that in the title. I thought I missed information or something since everyone said it.
People jumping to conclusions... Again. They may already know it or they may use Potara, since Roshi could use the Mafuba jar, using the Potara shouldn't be banned ad it's not really a weapon plus we know outsiders can help outside the ring so they throw it down.
Universe 6 does not even have the super saiyan legend, how do they have thing VEEGTA didn't even know about?

And if it was Potara, they did not know about it until now, because they most certainly would not have used it on these two.

And the biggest reason why many are mad its because these 2, one who is a broly reject, a controversial character who is as hated as he is liked and the other who may get super saiyan 3 this week. Now they are getting the last thing from z, that was a last resort.

In other words, caulifla and kale have achieved everything in a matter of hours and minutes.....after just learning about them. Like come on now. This is dumb.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:43 pm

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Frieza doesn't hate the Namekians though and knowing that he is having a great time doing to the Saiyans makes the scenes better.
Oh yes he does, he just happens to hate Saiyans more since it was a Saiyan that humiliated him. To him, it was the Namekians that screwed his chances of living forever.

And I'm sure he will also have a great time with the Namekians too. I mean, he will get to see how many arms he can pull without killing them.
Kanassa wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Would be a lot better if its Vegeta and Freeza doing it, you know like old times, but I dont think Vegeta will be up for it anymore, shame really.
You know, now I just want Frieza to act buddy buddy with Vegeta just so he can loudly brag about all the innocents Vegeta slaughtered under Frieza's command. With Frieza tlking about it like he was showing people Vegeta's baby pictures.

Cabba: WHAT THE FUCK, MASTER!?
That would be awesome.

Freeza: This is little Vegeta's first purge. You can even see him eating the inhabitants.
TheOne wrote:Since Caulifla and Kale are supposedly fusing, hopefully this means we will get a Gogeta in Super as well.

I'd definitely like to see UI Gogeta fighting Jiren. While I know that might not happen since we know Goku will fight Jiren again, but as a Vegeta fan I'd like for them to fuse so Vegeta can steal the UI info from Goku :lol:
You mean like how stole the Super Saiyan 3 info?
No, Freeza would have killed the namekians even if they did everything he wanted.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Totamo wrote:
No, Freeza would have killed the namekians even if they did everything he wanted.
When did I claimed otherwise? I just said he hated them for ruining his chances for immortality.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:45 pm

In other non-Kefla thoughts, I really hope they don't waste Toppo on Vegeta. I mean having the biggest justice delivering guy in the Universe and the biggest scummy villain in the Universe both in the same arena and not taking advantage of that would be criminal.

Freeza vs Toppo would be much more interesting than a battle of the second fiddle.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:46 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote: That is just something Fans will have to Accept, we are ALL Different and want different Things from different characters, their is nothing wrong with that, it is just how we as fans work. What is Annoying to You can be Pure Joy to Someone else, Always Remeber that, nothing is Universal in Opinion! ;)

TO Swifticuffs ~~~ Indeed it is mainly cause of Ribrianne and Universe 2, but also growing too is Kale and Cauli, They are the ONLY ones that Brought ME BACK to Dragon Ball and They keep me going here! They are what I look forward to all the time, them and a few others but mostly them. This should be a note to many again that each character brings different fans to Dragon Ball, each services importance to helping the Fandom grow and each as their own fanbase regardless of all the debate and dislike, many characters bring fans to this franchise in their own unique ways. :thumbup:
I'm not trying to offend you here and sorry if I may come off as rude but... it is creepy how you comment like that... its like you're Ribrianne, I have this consistent feeling everytime you comment that what you're saying is literally full of love,inspiration,hope,friendship,individuality...
LOL, 1st no offensive at all but thanks for being concern over that, Honestly I am just a Very Positive Person overall and I have been doing this Forum Posting for Years Now, Mainly with Marvel Comics. So I am a Veteran of how to post and learn how to promote a character, pretty much I find myself being their PR person in the end cause by what I have learned many characters NEED one badly in Comics! :lol:

I just enjoy what I do Allot.

http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Totamo wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
I was confused on Twitter everyone said Goku is an idiot for teaching Cali and Kale the Fusion Dance, but I didn't see that in the title. I thought I missed information or something since everyone said it.
People jumping to conclusions... Again. They may already know it or they may use Potara, since Roshi could use the Mafuba jar, using the Potara shouldn't be banned ad it's not really a weapon plus we know outsiders can help outside the ring so they throw it down.
Universe 6 does not even have the super saiyan legend, how do they have thing VEEGTA didn't even know about?

And if it was Potara, they did not know about it until now, because they most certainly would not have used it on these two.

And the biggest reason why many are mad its because these 2, one who is a broly reject, a controversial character who is as hated as he is liked and the other who may get super saiyan 3 this week. Now they are getting the last thing from z, that was a last resort.

In other words, caulifla and kale have achieved everything in a matter of hours and minutes.....after just learning about them. Like come on now. This is dumb.
May get SS3 based on what exactly? What evidence out there suggests that? Other than fans wanting to vent and be angry for a week, cuz people obviously enjoy doing that. This is SSGSS all over again, that should have told people not to jump the gun so it's obvious people just wanna complain all the time.

Also Fusion dance isn't a Saiyan thing, and know Namekians can fuse by themselves and so the only logical pair to use Potara on are the Saiyans and like I said the Portara would be a last resort if they had it and in this situation no choice other than CauliKale.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Totamo wrote:

But all that sounds silly. Kale is enough of her own character that she doesn't need to be called a Broly clone. It's not her or the shows fault that certain fans get hung up on the broly thing just because it's basically a meme to hate Broly. And Fans hating Caulifla for what she MIGHT get is even sillier. She gets transformations easy but it isn't like she is exactly dominating the competition. She still gets her butt kicked and is vastly out classed in every way. Power, Skill, and experience. Her accomplishments aren't shitting on Gokus or vegeta because never once is she ever presented in a way to be better than either.

And so what if they use fusion? It's a concept that exists in the world.Fusion is a thing. Why wouldn't characters use it if they're desperate? It's not a saiyan exclusive thing nor does it take much to do it. Match you're power, Dance. You're now one super fighter. And it being a last resort in the Buu saga doesn't even matter, it amounted to nothing in the end except to turn Goten and Trunks into the gag characters.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Simere wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Simere wrote:
What reason do you have for why they should have no idea about it?
Pretty much by all definitions of logic and rationality?

That's how?

Please, do tell, how Kale or Caulifla would know about the fusion technique? I'm sure you can think of plenty.
How about...they learned it from a Metamoran.
Yeah, ok.

Because that wouldn't be random and horrible writing at all! :lol:

That is so bad I almost wish they write that in.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:56 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
Yeah, ok.

Hey, you asked for a reason and you were given one. I'm unsure how learning an ability from the people who invented it is bad writing. Even if it's off screen. Need I remind you this is exactly how Goku learned it.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:56 pm

hardcorefakes wrote: Yeah, ok.

Learning it exactly the way Goku learned it would be random and horrible? Ok.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Draconic wrote:In other non-Kefla thoughts, I really hope they don't waste Toppo on Vegeta. I mean having the biggest justice delivering guy in the Universe and the biggest scummy villain in the Universe both in the same arena and not taking advantage of that would be criminal.

Freeza vs Toppo would be much more interesting than a battle of the second fiddle.
Frieza will probably end up fighting against Dyspo and will be satisfied beating up a Beerus looklike.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Me waking up to the news but you know what I'LL WAIT to see how it gets executed. I lean towards not feeling good about it and I thought next episode was going to be a repeat of 100 but I can see 114/115 being that now.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgIQqr3E40g[/spoiler]

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Simere wrote:

It's only cool when the main character does it. :D

Although, you could argue that it was 'bad writing' that Goku learned the Fusion Dance off-scene. But I don't really care since I will never get fans' obsession with fusion when fusions have such a terrible performance record. Fusion only got a victory in a non-canon movie, yet people keep treat it as hot shit that can end everything. The same with the Namekians fusion.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Simere wrote:

I mean, I could write an essay about everything wrong with what you just said, but to summarize:

1. Caulifla and Kale knowing it would be random and out of left field. Them knowing the dance has not been referenced in literally any way, so I'm baffled as to why you'd think that'd be okay. That is not good writing. They didn't even know what a Super Saiyan was; Caulifla and Kale somehow knowing the Fusion Dance is a hilarious reach.

2. Just because it would be the exact same way as Goku wouldn't make it good (or okay). And try not to ignore the context; Goku at least had reasons for learning it. Caulifla and Kale don't. That's the difference.

Basically, you have to turn off your brain and ignore the fallacy of the entire situation in order to enjoy this.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: People jumping to conclusions... Again. They may already know it or they may use Potara, since Roshi could use the Mafuba jar, using the Potara shouldn't be banned ad it's not really a weapon plus we know outsiders can help outside the ring so they throw it down.

May get SS3 based on what exactly? What evidence out there suggests that? Other than fans wanting to vent and be angry for a week, cuz people obviously enjoy doing that. This is SSGSS all over again, that should have told people not to jump the gun so it's obvious people just wanna complain all the time.

Also Fusion dance isn't a Saiyan thing, and know Namekians can fuse by themselves and so the only logical pair to use Potara on are the Saiyans and like I said the Portara would be a last resort if they had it and in this situation no choice other than CauliKale.
1. I said may not will because goku already said she might get the from this tournament and this character has unlocked forms remarkably easier than anyone else in the entire franchise and Goku is said to show them.

2. I never believe she get blue, most people didn't but super saiyan 3 is a different story.

writing to make
3. Namekians don't fuse, its basically assimilation.

4. Thats not what i implied and you know it. The fusion dance was rare so rare Goku learned it while he was dead, why would i biker gang leader and her timid sidekick know it.

Super often does not explain things, super saiyan god didn't get one and i knew it wouldn't. This probably won't either.

It took special writing to make Freeza's comeback look good and they pulled it off. It took special to make Female Broly look good ad they have failed miserable.

This will also take special writing to pull of to look good, like i said, we should wait but maybe people should get disappointed now than when it airs.