Would it be funny if the Super Dragonballs *can't* bring back erased universes?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Would it be funny if the Super Dragonballs *can't* bring back erased universes?

Post by precita » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:39 pm

It seems to me Vegeta is under the impression he can use the Super Dragonballs to bring back Universe 6 if its erased. But what if they can't? Zeno is god, he erases things from existence to the point where there's no afterlife. I don't see why the Super Dragonballs would be able to undo that.

Plus if that's true, isn't Goku and co. selfish for not wishing back Future Trunks' erased timeline if such a thing could happen? From what I recall they never said they could do that.

Maybe instead of Universe 6 being erased they have one surviving member before the end of the tournament along with Goku/Jiren, and they're the only other universe spared.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Would it be funny if the Super Dragonballs *can't* bring back erased universes?

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:05 pm

The Super Dragon Balls are supposed to be able to grant any wish according to Champa. That’s supposed to be the thing that sets them apart from the other sets of Dragon Balls. If it turns out that they can’t bring back erased universes, that would mean that Champa was flat-out wrong about them, and they’re really not much better than the regular Dragon Balls.

precita
Banned

Re: Would it be funny if the Super Dragonballs *can't* bring back erased universes?

Post by precita » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Well Champa is a bit of a moron, so maybe he's wrong.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:32 pm

I've been saying for the longest I hope they can't. If we are going to revive the fallen universes I'd rather see an arc where they have to convince Zeno or a higher God if there is one.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Well the original dragon balls were supposed to be able to grant any wish when originally introduced. It was no until some time later that we began to learn of their limitations and rules.

That being said Super Shenron makes all prior dragons look like atoms by comparison, his wish granting power is likely beyond imagining. In theory if a dragon of Shenron's can bring back the entire population of a planet, resurrecting multiple universes is well within Super's power. The big but however is if Zen-Oh will allow it or if he will simple undo the wish once its granted.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:09 pm

I'm sure that if it wasn't possible the Grand Priest would've commented about it.

Plus the last episode hyped who'll be the winner that gets the Super Dragon Ball and grant his/her wish. We also have Frieza and Jiren's unknown wish. It will be stupid to suddenly mentions some limitations later.

I think it is safe to assume it's possible, without even mentioning that Universe 6 will be brought back after gettting erased 100%. This is Dragon Ball and you know it.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Since Zeno really has no reason to erase them in the first place, he'd probably think it's cool and allow it. Someone might comment about disobeying the gods wishes but Zeno honestly probably wouldn't care. I think they can restore universes but it's a question of if the SDB's have any restrictions and if Grand Priest would allow it. I'm starting to doubt that all the universes will be wished back, and there may be some sort of restriction that only one universe would be restored. It would have a lasting impact and could lead to them trying to find a way to get the other universes back ,maybe by traveling to one of the four strongest universes for help in finding Zalama or something.

There's also still a strong possibility that the tournament's erasing is just a way for Grand Priest to teach respect for Zeno, and for Zeno's entertainment, and the universes will be restored anyways at the end of the tournament. This would leave the Super Dragon Balls open for another wish. That way it wouldn't matter either if U7 or Jiren wins, and we could see what he wishes for. I'd rather see Frieza get it, but we'll see what happens.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 pm

I think it'll be a wait and see. I still side with the theory that Zeno has a counterpart that creates, because all we've seen him do is destroy. Combined with the fact the Grand Priest has a staff (in the manga at least) leads me to believe it may hold some wait.

I honestly hope they don't bring back the universes, at least not right now. That's been what everyone has said is the predictable outcome for the tournament. I want to be surprised.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:25 pm

The real interesting thing is - can Zeno erase the Super Dragonballs if he chose to - and can the Super Dragonballs erase Zeno? Are Zeno and the Super Dragon Balls at the same level of power?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Are you telling me I am not going to have my arc on Planet Sadala. Don’t break my heart like that. :(

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Well the original dragon balls were supposed to be able to grant any wish when originally introduced. It was no until some time later that we began to learn of their limitations and rules.

That being said Super Shenron makes all prior dragons look like atoms by comparison, his wish granting power is likely beyond imagining. In theory if a dragon of Shenron's can bring back the entire population of a planet, resurrecting multiple universes is well within Super's power. The big but however is if Zen-Oh will allow it or if he will simple undo the wish once its granted.
To me the difference is this. When people die or planets explode their atoms still exist, their souls exist, so on. When Zeno erases something it's entire signature is supposed to be erased entirely from our plane of being. It literally stops existing in any form.

That is why I'd like Super Shenron to explain he cant bring back something that no longer exists.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:55 pm

They might use the dragon balls to either wish back all universes while wishing back the lost ones of the tournament. Or just have a bunch of them left at the end and only a few erased. Notice they have an even number erased. If they keep that up until the end of the tournament maybe we will get something interesting like the 6 old universes being brought back with the Universes 6/7 remaining and keeping the current number or just leave 2-4 gone and use the rest.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Besides entertaining Zeno, the whole point of this tournament was to weed out the lesser universes with only one being permitted to continue existing. Restoring all of the erased worlds would nullify the significance of the arc. Now the individuals who lived in them, that might be a different argument. Zeno's grievances had to do with the convolution and inefficiency of all the universes. But if Universe 7 were to, say, volunteer as a recipient for the populations lost while still keeping the universes erased then I don't see why Zeno couldn't oblige. The numbers would still be reduced down from 12 to 5. Plus, all of these entertaining characters who provided a spectacle could be allowed to continue building themselves up for future competitions. Admittedly, Universe 7 would become awfully crowded by having the equivalent of eight universes residing in a single limited area of space. Plus, where would that leave the Kaioshin and Hakaishin of those worlds? I can't see them just agreeing to be subjected to the authority of Beerus.

I don't want to see the Super Dragonballs' power assertions contradicted. It's not like they're used all too often anyway.

Verse

Post by Verse » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 pm

The Gods of Destruction are very interesting to me, so I'm hoping they (the ones whose Universes are fighting in the tournament) are not permanently removed from the series.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:08 pm

I would not consider it funny at all, but tragic.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pm

I hope they can't bring anyone back. I would love the people who got erased to stay erased. Another way this could happen is if freeza wins the sdb cause he's not wishing anyone back