"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:16 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I dont plan on repeating myself over and over why I think the tingly shit is a complete BS to me.
namekiansaiyan wrote:Kafla going SS3 will just burn through energy quickly and the fusion will not last long. That means Frieza will have to wait less time to torutue them.
For all we know maybe Freeza's still above Kafla 8)
Which would be weird seeing as how we saw Kale faired against SSB Goku. Yeah he was “holding back” but we don’t know by how much. So if Frieza somehow still stomps their fusion, it could potentially throw the power scaling further into whack since he was even with SSB. It just seems like it could put things further into a mess.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:16 am

This is material for episodes we're two weeks out, and it is ambiguous. I doubt Kale would become SSJ3 on her own, she's on a completely different path. So when Caulifla says that, it makes me think she's suggesting fusion as a way of becoming SSJ3 ala Gotenks. And that would make sense, there's a progression to all these disparate spoilers now.

113: Goku fights Caulifla and Kale, shows them SSJ3, Caulifla goes "I want, I want".
114: Kale wants to be more useful, Goku can suggest fusion as a way of attaining the form like Gotenks did. This could be what Caulifla means by "turn SSJ3 with me". At some point Champa comes in with his plan, possibly teaching them the technique.
115: Kafla is born, possibly going Super Saiyan 3. Can she go Berserk, and is that more or less energy efficient than going Super Saiyan 3? These are questions we probably won't get the answer to.

These spoilers are certainly doing more harm than good, we'll just have to wait and see what actually happens. It could be that Goku teaches them fusion and Champa's contribution is something else entirely.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:20 am

TheOne wrote: Which would be weird seeing as how we saw Kale faired against SSB Goku. Yeah he was “holding back” but we don’t know by how much. So if Frieza somehow still stomps their fusion, it could potentially throw the power scaling further into whack since he was even with SSB. It just seems like it could put things further into a mess.
Goku said he was gonna raise his ki up a "little" yes a "little" was literally said, and since we know how much he can power down his SSJB to the point of even the likes of Krillin pushing his KHH back then I'd say he was holding back a ton, it wouldnt really break anything at least for me since it'll just prove that he held back a lot if Freeza's gold form is still above them.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:22 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
TheOne wrote: Which would be weird seeing as how we saw Kale faired against SSB Goku. Yeah he was “holding back” but we don’t know by how much. So if Frieza somehow still stomps their fusion, it could potentially throw the power scaling further into whack since he was even with SSB. It just seems like it could put things further into a mess.
Goku said he was gonna raise his ki up a "little" yes a "little" was literally said, and since we know how much he can power down his SSJB to the point of even the likes of Krillin pushing his KHH back then I'd say he was holding back a ton, it wouldnt really break anything at least for me since it'll just prove that he held back a lot if Freeza's gold form is still above them.
Why would he hold back so much that Kale can just walked through it and grabbed him? Krillin holding back the Kamehameha from a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is not a good comparison for several reasons.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:24 am

HeroR wrote: Why would he hold back so much that Kale can just walked through it and grabbed him?
The same way why he held back to the point of Krillin able to push his KHH back, if you dont like that reason then, to preserve his stamina because he knows there's a bigger threat he needs to prepare for.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:27 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Right. I can see that. It’s still frustrating that SSB is used for all levels of power and can be very frustrating to watch if you’re trying to gauge how much stronger someone is.
How i predict the tournament will end:

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:33 am

TheOne wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I dont plan on repeating myself over and over why I think the tingly shit is a complete BS to me.
namekiansaiyan wrote:Kafla going SS3 will just burn through energy quickly and the fusion will not last long. That means Frieza will have to wait less time to torutue them.
For all we know maybe Freeza's still above Kafla 8)
Which would be weird seeing as how we saw Kale faired against SSB Goku. Yeah he was “holding back” but we don’t know by how much. So if Frieza somehow still stomps their fusion, it could potentially throw the power scaling further into whack since he was even with SSB. It just seems like it could put things further into a mess.
Goku was hardly trying against Kale.

See his fight with Jiren for more information. Reminder that Jiren one-shotted her with no effort at all. Didn't do that to Goku.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:34 am

SansrivaaL wrote: The same way why he held back to the point of Krillin able to push his KHH back, if you dont like that reason then, to preserve his stamina because he knows there's a bigger threat he needs to prepare for.
Again, why the heck would he hold back that much against Kale? Against Krillin, he testing his resolved. Against Kale, he had a girl that was throwing him around like a rag doll at Super Saiyan 2. If he was hold back by the same massive amount as say Krillin, why didn't he increase the blast so he could at least pushed Kale away from him? And preserved stamina is a lousy answer for him to hold back to the point that someone would not only no sell his attack, but walked through it.
hardcorefakes wrote:
Goku was hardly trying against Kale.

See his fight with Jiren for more information. Reminder that Jiren one-shotted her with no effort at all. Didn't do that to Goku.
Jiren also smacked Kale when she wasn't even fighting him, unlike Goku.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:26 am

Kale's going to get Broly's LSSJ3 form too? :lol:

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:39 am

HeroR wrote:Jiren also smacked Kale when she wasn't even fighting him, unlike Goku.
Grasping at straws that aren't really there.

Goku got hit by worse, and was "ok" (as ok as being beaten up by Jiren could be). Kale got hit by one ki blast.

Besides, by Jiren's own words, he only considers Hit and Goku worth fighting. Kale isn't near Goku's level.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:52 am

HeroR wrote: Again, why the heck would he hold back that much against Kale? Against Krillin, he testing his resolved. Against Kale, he had a girl that was throwing him around like a rag doll at Super Saiyan 2. If he was hold back by the same massive amount as say Krillin, why didn't he increase the blast so he could at least pushed Kale away from him? And preserved stamina is a lousy answer for him to hold back to the point that someone would not only no sell his attack, but walked through it
Oh I dont know, maybe because like I said he's preserving his stamina for an actual threat, like say, Jiren? anyways dont ask me, ask Goku, he literally said "I'm gonna raise my ki up a little now" they made a point to have him say "a little" anyways if you dont like that as well then "because Kale was nothing more than an out of control little girl who he needed to be careful with or else he could accidentally kill her as she was pushing herself too much" still no? then I dont think anything I say will actually matter to you.
I gave a good enough answer and you came back with "its a lousy answer" ok then :lol:

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:04 am

They're going to have half gold half green hair when they fuse, aren't they.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:10 am

HeroR wrote:
Ziegander wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Basically I have no problem if Kefla goes SSJ3, but if Cauli and Kale goes SSJ3 separately then yeah, that'll sting.
I just wonder why it bothers so many people so much.

I'll admit, the tingly back sensation being how Caulifla learned to go SSJ seemed like a massively insulting slap to the face and just remarkably, tremendously poor writing. HOWEVER, like I said, Goku was painfully weaker than these girls when he learned how to go SSJ3 and we have no idea what he went through to acquire the form, if anything. In base form, Goku had a power level of something like 20 million, maybe less even, when devised the SSJ3 form offscreen in otherworld. Caulifla has a power level in her base form in the billions. In fact, she is probably, literally, at least 1,000 times stronger in her base form than Goku was at the time. I suppose I could buy Kale having rather pathetic base power, even as low as someone like Master Roshi (hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if he could beat base Kale), but Caulifla and Cabba are extraordinarily powerful in their base forms compared to anything from Z, far stronger even than SSJ3 Buu Saga Goku was without ever transforming into Super Saiyans. Caulifla and Cabba are probably like 100 to 200 times stronger in their Super Saiyan form than SSJ3 Buu Saga Goku.
It was written very well. Cabba said you need anger to transformed the first time. Cali asked how about all the times after. Cabba explained you do by focusing on your back and you get a tingling feeling. Cali decides to skip the anger crap and got to step 2 and focused on her back. She gets Super Saiyan and Cabba is amazed that she didn't need anger.

It's straight forward and simple, but for reason people only remembers 'tingle in the back'. Not the writers' fault that certain viewers are dense.

Also, we have no clue how Super Saiyan 3 is achieved, so the rest is kind of assumption.
Assuming that is the Fusion Dance and if Freeza isn't too busy playing with the Namekians.
You don't see the problem?

Anger was the only reason Goku did it the first time on namek, thats what made the seen iconic and before you even think to say Vegeta, trunks, goten or gohan did it offscreen. We have no idea how they did it either plus super constantly uses throwbacks to anime filler from z so yes people can say that vegeta, gohan and future trunks earned it through anger as well. Only the 2 brats are vague but that was a joke pointed out by the entire cast.

Not to mention when Vegeta taught Cabba, he told him to never forget the RAGE.

The super saiyan forms are all tied to rage, thats why Gohan couldn't go fullpower on Cell like he wanted to, now you could see that U6 saiyans have different biology, when. was. that. stated.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:14 am

Caulifla getting SSJ3 as expected.
Well talented Saiyans can reach it so he old head canon is debunked

And the fusion will be Berserker SSJ3

PS
Freeza will knock them out after the fusion is over

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:19 am

Totamo wrote: The super saiyan forms are all tied to rage, thats why Gohan couldn't go fullpower on Cell like he wanted to, now you could see that U6 saiyans have different biology, when. was. that. stated.
I don't think it was properly addressed, but I think people are referring to the fact the U6 saiyan race have evolved to be tail-les. Incidentally, Goten and Trunks were the only ones born without a tail in U7 and it's been discussed among the fans that it might be related to the reason they could obtain the SSJ form with greater ease than the tailed ones (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan) In other words, saiyans born without a tail be more "evolved" and therefore stronger on average.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:28 am

TekTheNinja wrote:You know what, fuck it. Knock Frieza out. Kale and Caulifla are awful, but I hate Frieza being here and stealing spotlight from more deserving characters more than I hate the female saiyans doing the same, since at least the female saiyans aren't overused villains who have been brought back way too many times and have basically become a parody of himself. At least the female saiyans aren't a direct "fuck you" to Buu and his fans. At least the female saiyans don't make me hate a character I used to love, and still love outside of his appearances in Super.
...So basically, yeah. I hope Kafla knocks that fucking overhyped lizard bastard outta the ring ASAP. Woulda preferred if Cabba did it, but I honestly don't care who does it. Frieza's my most hated fight in the whole damn tournament so I just want him out. Seeing as every damn character I actually had hope to do well in this tournament has gotten fucked over or is in the process of getting fucked over, maybe I could at least get SOME enjoyment out of this arc from seeing a character who's pissing me off get fucked over.

Ugh. dunno where that tangent came from, but I guess I'm just in a bad mood and felt like ranting about how Super always does the opposite of what I hope will happen. With that said, I expect Frieza to rack up a high KO streak in the near future, luckily for those who are enjoying him, and unluckily for me... again. :thumbdown:
Toriyama just don't care for buu and probaly find him uninteresting in his Pov,how is freeza stealing spotlight we haven't seen the conclusion of #17,#18,gohan and piccolo and roshi is been handled pretty well
    So caulifla is getting ss3 and a fusion,i think this smell failure for their fusion
    Mostly active on discord.

Kinokima
    I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:35 am

I don’t mind any of the spoilers what I mind is this getting 3 episodes that is a bit much to me. I just hope the entire 3 episodes aren’t focused on just Goku, Caulifla and Kale and we get other interesting moments in B-plots of the episodes.

perucho1990
    I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:41 am

HeroR wrote:

On topic, here is preview image of 114 thanks to ArchedThunder:

Looks like Kale mastered Berserker form will be just her slim form with green hair, I like it , its a really good design.

If Caulifla doesnt get SSJ3 vs Goku, I think she will get it vs Freeza.

pacz360
    I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:46 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Hmmm....since fusion lasts 30 minutes, Kale and Caulifa's fusion should logically last until the end of the tournament. Interesting.
    TekTheNinja wrote:You know what, fuck it. Knock Frieza out. Kale and Caulifla are awful, but I hate Frieza being here and stealing spotlight from more deserving characters more than I hate the female saiyans doing the same, since at least the female saiyans aren't overused villains who have been brought back way too many times and have basically become a parody of himself. At least the female saiyans aren't a direct "fuck you" to Buu and his fans. At least the female saiyans don't make me hate a character I used to love, and still love outside of his appearances in Super.
    ...So basically, yeah. I hope Kafla knocks that fucking overhyped lizard bastard outta the ring ASAP. Woulda preferred if Cabba did it, but I honestly don't care who does it. Frieza's my most hated fight in the whole damn tournament so I just want him out. Seeing as every damn character I actually had hope to do well in this tournament has gotten fucked over or is in the process of getting fucked over, maybe I could at least get SOME enjoyment out of this arc from seeing a character who's pissing me off get fucked over.

Ugh. dunno where that tangent came from, but I guess I'm just in a bad mood and felt like ranting about how Super always does the opposite of what I hope will happen. With that said, I expect Frieza to rack up a high KO streak in the near future, luckily for those who are enjoying him, and unluckily for me... again. :thumbdown:
    I love Frieza in this arc. My gripe is I wish RoF didn't exist. Or, at the very least, that Super took a different approach, and after Frieza was revived, he actually did keep to himself and focus on his army up until the Tournament of Power.
    Power consumption bruh

pacz360
    I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:51 am

Anyway it seems like they'll fuse to become ssj3