How would you feel about Vegito in the tournament?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

How would you feel about Vegito in the tournament?

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:52 pm

The NEP for 114 showed the new fusion with potara earings on meaning zeno doesn't care. How would you feel about Vegito returning in this tournament?

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How would you feel about Vegito in the tournament?

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Honestly, I'm not that keen. He would be a very...logical solution to deal with Jiren, but logic is boring, especially in Dragon Ball. After the slight he got at the end of 111, I want Goku to be the one to turn down the earrings and insist on winning by himself. Plus, it puts Vegeta too close to that fight when he doesn't need to be. I'd rather he have his own separate thing going on with Toppo.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:54 pm

I'd be fine with it, but I feel like Gokû and Vegeta only use them if their opponent is also a fusion, which Jiren is not as far as we know.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:30 pm

It wouldn´t surprise me, Vegetto is the strongest "attack" that Vegeta and Goku got right now, because at this point Vegetto lasts a very short time, not enough to pick up a fight with someone, but long enough to try to beat them with a very strong technique

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:08 pm

I'd rather see Gogeta. I think Vegetto appearing will be a one time thing in Super. Plus, I love seeing the Fusion Dance

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:17 pm

Good for show of power and for revealing the power-gap between SSB Vegito / UI Vegito and Jiren but definitely not for the elimination of Jiren. Goku needs to get this elimination alone. He lost every previous fight with major opponents. Even a double KO between Jiren and UI Goku is acceptable.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:29 pm

I am always happy to see Vegetto (or even Gogeta) although I like Goku & Vegeta separately more the idea of them fusing always makes me happy.

But I don’t know if either will agree to it. I know this is for their Universe but they will need to both feel desperate to agree to fusion. They aren’t like Kale & Caulifla who see each other as a team. They both will want to win alone.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:14 pm

I would only like Vegito be apart of it if he actually has a purpose. While I do enjoy the character, he is under utilized in both the Buu and Black arcs.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:10 am

No, he just appeared in the last arc, too soon to bring him back already. Plus Goku has Ultra Instinct so why would they need to bring Vegito out?

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:45 am

One one side - no, because Jiren doesn't have anybody to fuse with, and it doesn't seem like it would be fair to fight a non-fused opponent. Yes, the universe is on the line, but Goku unlocked UI, and I believe he expects to unlock it (in some capacity) again before the ToP ends.

On the other hand - yes, because we'd officially be establishing Vegito as a mainstay at that point. Appearing three times in the canon series (whether you feel the anime or the manga or Toriyama's outlines are the Super 'canon', Vegito appearing is a big enough plot point that it wouldn't make for good filler) really makes Vegito a go-to trump card that Goku/Vegeta have ready, rather than as a one-off in extraordinary circumstances.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:33 am

UI Goku (Omen) was already able to go toe to toe with Jiren, Vegitto would be overkill, unless Grand Priest decides to join in, then by all means lets have Vegitto pop in as well.
Kidding aside, I dont think Goku and Vegeta would do it, they only pulled it off against Boohan and Merged Zamasu because one absorbed characters and the other also fused.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:54 am

People are forgetting a) Vegetto is nerfed power wise and won't be able to exert much power before reverting so if he does appear it wouldn't be for Jiren. Also not sure why everyone just assumes Vegetto would be for Jiren b) Goku hasn't re accessed UI yet again.

Will he appear? Maybe or maybe not I dunno if Shin has a spare set of Potara anyway , or if a set can be reused.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:21 am

Kale on her own was able to beat up a Blue Goku so her fusing with someone who's strong in her own right + the multiplier they'll get from fusion should lead to another one being the only way to fight her off. I won't be surprised though if Ssj3 Goku is enough to get the job done and of course we'll get the usual excuse of "he was holding back in Blue".
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 am

This preview seriously can mean a lot of trouble.
So, if Kale and Caulifla use Potara, errr, why wouldn't other universes use it? Tough explanation/justification to find lol
If everyone uses it it will simply trivialize them. Not a fan of seeing Vegetto in TOP either.
There's also the Broly problem everyone seems to ignore...

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:44 am

I don't like fusion as a concept.I certainly would not be happy with either vegito or gogeta.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:22 am

Don't want. I want there to be an ability that nullifies fusion. It's cool for weaker/mid tier fighters. Either way it'll bore me if Vegito comes back because A.) He'll just s*** on everyone and thats no fun. B.) He'll actually have to get in some effort and that makes no sense at all. Or C.) He could get s*** on by Jiren and that would be freaking crazy. D.) It's literally just a tease and he's only on screen for like 10 seconds. I don't see any good outcomes for Vegito's use in this tournament. Maybe if Toppo and Jiren fused too ... *shudders at the mental image*
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:21 am

I think I’d rather see Gogeta. Seeing Kale and Caulifla i think this might spark an idea with Goku. About the fusion dance. But it’d also be risky since they’d have to do it perfectly the first time. UI Gogeta would be a nice sight.

But at the same time, I don’t think Goku and Vegeta would fuse to fight someone who isn’t fused. But it’s a survival tournament, so we might see a change.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:27 am

TheOne wrote:I think I’d rather see Gogeta. Seeing Kale and Caulifla i think this might spark an idea with Goku. About the fusion dance. But it’d also be risky since they’d have to do it perfectly the first time. UI Gogeta would be a nice sight.

But at the same time, I don’t think Goku and Vegeta would fuse to fight someone who isn’t fused. But it’s a survival tournament, so we might see a change.
They didn’t fuse against Boo in the Kaiohshin Realm even though the universe would be in danger if they lost.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:29 am

I doubt Gokuh and Vegeta will fuse. The only reason they fused against Boo and Zamasu was because they were fused. Jiren is not a fused being, so I believe Gokuh and Vegeta want to fight Jiren alone with their own power.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:54 am

I want Goku to master Ultra Instinct and get a much deserved win, he hasn't had one in a long time and story wise it would be fitting at this point.