"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:08 pm

The stream will be available on YouTube here, it says how much time is remaining (currently 37 hours).
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 pm

Enter the arena with up to three fighters from a familiar roster of characters, such as Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Bulma and Boo, and enter a wide range of destructible arenas inspired by classic locations from the hit TV series.
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games ... ter-z-ps4/
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:15 pm

- IGN says they have an exclusive worldwide reveal about 2 new characters.
- They talk about the 2 characters revealed 2 weeks ago.
:lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:16 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:
Enter the arena with up to three fighters from a familiar roster of characters, such as Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Bulma and Boo, and enter a wide range of destructible arenas inspired by classic locations from the hit TV series.
Bulma?! That sounds cool. I'm up for either Bulma piloting a giant robot OR going Iron Man in a mecha suit.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:33 pm

They made Ginyu look amazing. I'm surprised, he just went to the number 1 spot of characters I want to try out! Amazing way of put 5 characters into one.

Nappa looks cool, seems like the slow, big guy who contrary to #16 has a bigger range built into his attacks. #16 is a grappler, Nappa is purely brute force. The Saibaman mechanic is pretty cute and highly appreciated. Seems like you can't control the little green man, that's a shame.

We're having some exhibition matches at the Tekken World Finals starring: Maximilian, D1, SonicFox and Perfect Legend; on the 12th of November. Since this is after the November 1st stream with new information, I wonder if they are giving us an opportunity to see all the new characters and mechanics revealed until that point.
https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/925120146900791296

PS: Nice to see Chiaotzu's most important moment included. For lore sake I hope he stays dead after that attack is used.
That Bulma bit has to be a mistake, right? It just doesn't fit.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Bulma does have a model for story mode, so it's possible. That'd be one hell of a reveal though.

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:17 pm

I read two new characters were gonna be revered today is that true?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:43 pm

lmao SRK thinks the reason Bulma could have been an error is because the site says "Boo" instead of "Buu".

I mean it could very well be, but that's pisspoor reasoning.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Mechazord Bulma.

Calling it.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:09 am

Addig Bulma would fit nicely with ArcSys' tradition of adding a few unexpected characters to the roster, and I'd actually approve it.
But I still have a hard time believing that it's not a mistake...

cringey

Post by cringey » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:46 am

My condolences to Bulma believers.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:38 am

cringey wrote:My condolences to Bulma believers.
Th'wut now?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:54 am

The wording seems to imply that one can choose one, two or three fighters to play with, instead of being locked to three. That's good news if true.

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:49 am

Looks like the Bulma bit has vanished from the text now, it just mentions Goku, Vegeta, Frieza and Boo. Would be cool to have someone so unexpected though I suspect it was just a mistake.

The "up to three fighters" is promising though, I was hoping 1v1 would be possible!
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:32 am

I haven't posted on here in a while but what edition of the game is everyone getting? I don't know what to pick....I've already ruled out the Collector's edition. I want that Ultimate edition but it's digital only and it comes with commentary and 11 music tracks from the anime which I heard were all of the opening and closing songs from both Z and Super as well as the DLC pass. I'm all about physical copies though :think: I can't decide! The ultimate edition really appeals to me though.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:09 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
The wording seems to imply that one can choose one, two or three fighters to play with, instead of being locked to three. That's good news if true.
Recent screenshots of the story mode indicate there'll be fights of different sizes. 2v1, etc.

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:18 pm

I'm excited to learn more about the story mode and the new Android. Did toriyama design her himself?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:19 pm

Supersonic Warriors had you choose the size of your team. Here's hoping you can do it here too, although it would be interesting to see what are they going to do with health bars in such a case (is the one fighter going to have three health bars? One and a half bars when picking a team of only two members?).

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:08 pm

"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:59 pm

AndyAvenue91 wrote:
Looks like the Bulma bit has vanished from the text now, it just mentions Goku, Vegeta, Frieza and Boo. Would be cool to have someone so unexpected though I suspect it was just a mistake.

The "up to three fighters" is promising though, I was hoping 1v1 would be possible!
I've seen that happen for accidental leaks, but I doubt it in this case.