"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cringey

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by cringey » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:25 am

LightBing wrote:You're completely missing my point.
They haven't revealed it because it isn't finished or balanced yet. Those options might not be in the final version, how it happens might be different, how to obtain Dragon Balls could be harder(this is already different from before).

There's nothing to gain by evaluating incomplete work.
It's simple, such gimmick is useless.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KayDash » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:55 am

LightBing wrote:
cringey wrote:
LightBing wrote:They haven't revealed it yet for a reason. Don't jump to conclusions when you don't know the details.
There is already a translate version with the options it gives you. It's trash, it stops the flow of the game. I don't want it in ranked matches.
You're completely missing my point.
They haven't revealed it because it isn't finished or balanced yet.
It looks pretty ballanced already. I mean yes, it gives an advantage to the wishing player, but both players have equal chance to complete those combos and get the Dragon Balls. They only have to ballance the ammount of lifebar it refills, etc, but it's already pretty obvious how this mechanic will work. It's pretty much like SNK's "continue game service", and I have similar problem with it as cringey. The game stops in an awkward moment, like in a middle of a combi, and the wish-menu comes up, and breaks the flow. I'm not really a fan of this, and I think the only workaround for this problem is, if the wishing player can decide when to summon the Shenlong, and use it in a way as super moves work. Maybe it should be linked to 3 buttons pressed simultaneously or something like.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:40 pm

The story mode is actually starting to look interesting (Nappa dropping to kneel before Frieza, especially), and HOLY FUCK I love Andorid 21's lab. That better be a stage!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Kanassa wrote:The story mode is actually starting to look interesting (Nappa dropping to kneel before Frieza, especially), and HOLY FUCK I love Andorid 21's lab. That better be a stage!
Maybe 21's lab is the one, that we tought is a cavern stage on the world map.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:24 pm

cringey wrote:
LightBing wrote:You're completely missing my point.
They haven't revealed it because it isn't finished or balanced yet. Those options might not be in the final version, how it happens might be different, how to obtain Dragon Balls could be harder(this is already different from before).

There's nothing to gain by evaluating incomplete work.
It's simple, such gimmick is useless.
Uh being able to recover your health is far from useless. :p

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:32 pm

That Bulma model is super fine. Love that design. :thumbup:

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:21 pm

KayDash wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

So are the choices, life meter refill, two super bars, and raging blast? What is the fourth supposed to be?
4th option looks like is to revive dead characters in your team, I believe. Health will not be full, just a little real health and some blue health, that can be restored over time. I may be wrong. Need a translation.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:52 pm

The story mode looks cool and full of twists, but the factit's "you" in a character's body and not the character himself is kind of a turn off. Maybe I'm interpreting how that works wrong, but I'd much rather that not be a thing at all.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Actually, I tried to translate option for wishes. So:
1. Gold option - Bring back nakamas, please
2. Blue option - Fully restore physical strenght, please
3. Red options - Give sparkling blast power, please
4. Green option - Make immortal, please
The green option looks very amusing.
Last edited by Ranmaru Rei on Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:39 pm

Seems like we have to wait for the usual V-Jump week to get the next characters reveal, after all...
Oh well, I guess I can't blame Bandai for the lies spread by IGN.

Android 21 is finally showing her true colors. Hopefully she can fight too.

They sure are taking stuff from Super. There is Bulma's aircraft from BOG now.

They really did justice to Ginyu Force!! Nothing short of brilliant, I must say.
It's by far their best portrayal in a videogame. They even added the colorful explosions in the background à lá Super Sentai when they pose. Something Toriyama/Toei never did until recently with the Pride Troopers.

Yamcha is also a good surprise! His theme, intro and outro are great. He also has some badass combos.
Definitely feels like a slap to the haters.

I have mixed feelings about the Dragon Balls mechanic.
It's innovative and I don't mind it in friendly matches, but in serious fights (Tournaments and online) it's a NO from me. My suggestion is, let the mechanic in but gives us an option to turn it off when we don't want it.

The idea of let us choose when we want to summon Shenlong after gathering the DBs like KayDash said, instead of being automatic, is a good one too.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Gohan and Boo have new additions to their nameplates, the same kind Goku and Vegeta got after SSB was introduced.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Now the whole Buu Yu Retsuden cast is in :)

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:33 pm

Speaking of Buyuu Retsuden, one thing I'm hoping DBFZ has is character specific endings like that game.

That's why I'm waiting for Arcade Mode to be revealed.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:50 pm

KayDash wrote:Now the whole Buu Yu Retsuden cast is in :)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh God, the memories! This was one of my first DB games. I had to use an adaptor to play it.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:12 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
KayDash wrote:Now the whole Buu Yu Retsuden cast is in :)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh God, the memories! This was one of my first DB games. I had to use an adaptor to play it.
Same here, but via an emulator. Wasn't a very good game, but it had nice music, and the what if endings were cool. It also had a throw reverse mechanic and two Ginyu Force member that the Butoden games did not have I think.
Still I prefer Hyper Dimension from the 16-bit era of DBZ fighters.
Apparently Trunks' slide kick normal from Buu Yu Retsuden/Butoden also made it's way to DBFZ. :)

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:28 pm

By the way, we got confirmation that is indeed the Anison and BGM Pack from XV2 that DBFZ is getting.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:30 am

Simere wrote:By the way, we got confirmation that is indeed the Anison and BGM Pack from XV2 that DBFZ is getting.
Is that true? I sure hope not cause that uses the awful FLOW version of HEAD-CHA-LA.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:08 pm

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Two lines in the new story trailer that stand out:
Android 21: I wonder how you all taste?
Android 21: That discharge of power... it'll all be my spice.

To me this very clearly indicates that she either has Cell's ability or Dr.Gero/#19 ki absorption or a mix of both. Basically she eats Ki which will probably explain her strength.

This allows me to guess even more, if she has this gimmick then Dr.Gero/#19 won't be in the game since they would be redundant. I'm also guessing she will only be unlockable after beating the story mode and they might keep this a secret until release.

That's my theory at this point.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Those last cutscenes make me think Android 21 can fight and hopefully she may be playable.
On a side a note, I like how they are still promoting the game with the japanese voices despite the english dub being already confirmed. :P