"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:11 am

I'm just going to wait but these girls are going to be looked by many as one of the worst things super added aren't they?

GuanYu

Post by GuanYu » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:25 am

Totamo wrote:I'm just going to wait but these girls are going to be looked by many as one of the worst things super added aren't they?
No,they aren't

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:31 am

SSJB's been a joke lately that I dont really care anymore.
Goku, time to pull out SSJBKK!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:35 am

GuanYu wrote:
Totamo wrote:I'm just going to wait but these girls are going to be looked by many as one of the worst things super added aren't they?
No,they aren't
Yes they are. We get 65 new fighters in the tournament and these 2 are the ones they want us to like the most? Toriyama, Toei and Toyotaro must have lost the plot when writing this arc.
SansrivaaL wrote:SSJB's been a joke lately that I dont really care anymore.
Goku, time to pull out SSJBKK!
It is time already for Goku to beat them up and hand then over to Frieza. All Saiyans must be tortured by Frieza at some point.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:46 am

Yes,it would be their fifth episode counting 115, wouldn't it?Waste of time for average characters.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:59 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Yes,it would be their fifth episode counting 115, wouldn't it?Waste of time for average characters.
The focus on these 2 characters means we will get less memorable ones overall. This was the perfect opputunity to introduce many different types of characters but so far they have not done that well. Toei at least expanded upon the Trio de Dangers with the 3 exhibition matches.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:02 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
GuanYu wrote:
No,they aren't
Yes they are. We Toriyama, Toei and Toyotaro must have lost the plot when writing this arc
Why? Because they made characters you personally don't like?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:06 am

Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
GuanYu wrote: No,they aren't
Yes they are. We Toriyama, Toei and Toyotaro must have lost the plot when writing this arc
Why? Because they made characters you personally don't like?
They focus way to much on them when they could have also focused on other characters. They are trying to force us to like these characters by having them get transformations, fight Goku and then fuse. It is doing the complete opposite with many of us.

We got 65 new fighters and they have focused on so few.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:08 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: They focus way to much on them when they could have also focused on other characters. They are trying to force us to like these characters by having them get transformations, fight Goku and then fuse.

You just described every tournament arc ever. The Otherworld Tournament introduced dozens of new fighters but Pikkon was the only one who really mattered. Who got any significant focus in the past tournaments? Nam, Tien, Chiaotzu, Piccolo and maybe Giran.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:14 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
They focus way to much on them when they could have also focused on other characters. They are trying to force us to like these characters by having them get transformations, fight Goku and then fuse. It is doing the complete opposite with many of us.

You should've been ready man, they're saiyans, and the most appealing aspect is they're female saiyans, regardless of what they'd be like, people will like them.
Personally I would have wanted them to introduce and focus more on other species, as much as I love saiyans giving them this many eps back to back is kinda... off putting (I hope there will be cuts in their fights like what happened with the Cabba one), but still at least its a fight, its better than having a filler in between where we get Goten,Trunks and Yamcha doing Yogi Bear jobs.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:19 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: They focus way to much on them when they could have also focused on other characters. They are trying to force us to like these characters by having them get transformations, fight Goku and then fuse.

You just described every tournament arc ever. The Otherworld Tournament introduced dozens of new fighters but Pikkon was the only one who really mattered. Who got any significant focus in the past tournaments? Nam, Tien, Chiaotzu, Piccolo and maybe Giran.
Since it is 10 per team and a battle royale, this was the perfect opputunity to introduce many memorable characters as there is not an order the tournament has to go unlike the others that are structured.
SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

You should've been ready man, they're saiyans, and the most appealing aspect is they're female saiyans, regardless of what they'd be like, people will like them.
Personally I would have wanted them to introduce and focus more on other species, as much as I love saiyans giving them this many eps back to back is kinda... off putting (I hope there will be cuts in their fights like what happened with the Cabba one), but still at least its a fight, its better than having a filler in between where we get Goten,Trunks and Yamcha doing Yogi Bear jobs.
I knew from day 1 that people will like them just becuase they are female Saiyans.

I am just saying they will never get a better oppurtunity then this arc to expand the franchise with a lot of different species, lore and unique characters.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:46 am

Not surprised at all that Goku may have to use SSJB again against Kafla. Kale in her SSJ Berseker form walked through a Kamehameha from SSJB Goku like it was nothing in Episode 100.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:51 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: Since it is 10 per team and a battle royale, this was the perfect opputunity to introduce many memorable characters as there is not an order the tournament has to go unlike the others that are structured.
A free-for-all isn't any better for the chances of a character getting focused because of how many people are fighting at the same time. If anything it increases the odds that there's going to be more fodder.

So far we've had attention on:
The Trio de Dangers in the exhibition matches
Toppo, Dypso and Jiren (still active)
Ribrianne (still active)
Kale and Caulifla (still active)
Dercori and Ganos were memorable for their fights with Roshi

And there are still a bunch of fighters left who haven't done anything yet and over 20 minutes of time in-universe.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:08 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Since it is 10 per team and a battle royale, this was the perfect opputunity to introduce many memorable characters as there is not an order the tournament has to go unlike the others that are structured.
A free-for-all isn't any better for the chances of a character getting focused because of how many people are fighting at the same time. If anything it increases the odds that there's going to be more fodder.

So far we've had attention on:
The Trio de Dangers in the exhibition matches
Toppo, Dypso and Jiren (still active)
Ribrianne (still active)
Kale and Caulifla (still active)
Dercori and Ganos were memorable for their fights with Roshi

And there are still a bunch of fighters left who haven't done anything yet and over 20 minutes of time in-universe.
It increases the odds of them being memorable due to characters being able to stay in the arena for as long as they want unlike other tournaments where there has has to be a winner and loser in each fight.

They have done this with Ribrianne, Kale, Caulifla, Dyspo and Jiren but everyone else it is 1 fight and out which does not need to happen. It is only the Bugs and Namekians left who could really get any focus.

They could have easily cut some of the recruitment arc along with time given to Kale, Caulifla and Ribrianne to give other characters some focus.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:03 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Not surprised at all that Goku may have to use SSJB again against Kafla. Kale in her SSJ Berseker form walked through a Kamehameha from SSJB Goku like it was nothing in Episode 100.
That scene still makes little sense and its probably one of the reasons many feel like super saiyan blue isn't a threat but a joke.

I disagree

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:09 am

Totamo wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Not surprised at all that Goku may have to use SSJB again against Kafla. Kale in her SSJ Berseker form walked through a Kamehameha from SSJB Goku like it was nothing in Episode 100.
That scene still makes little sense and its probably one of the reasons many feel like super saiyan blue isn't a threat but a joke.

I disagree
How does it not make sense?

SuperHumanGod

Post by SuperHumanGod » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:47 am

I have no problem with the spoilers and I despise the bland as fuck saiyan girls. Goku is still weak and slowly recovering. It makes sense a SSJ3 kefla can overpower his 10% SSJB. As long as kefla isn't in anyway a threat to jiren then this fits imo. Plus it'll be a great marketing ploy by toei for young boys to have a new waifu.
Jiren best new DBS character. Its done.
Fuck those awful U6 saiyans and their tingles too.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:52 am

It's best not to judge based off an episode title (though some of you will anyway. It's just in your nature)

But even if Kafla is that strong is shouldn't be a surprise. Fusion is stupidly broken. Remember when SSJ Vegetto ROFL stomped Buuhan, The combo of Majin Buu, Piccolo, Ultimate Gohan, and SSJ 3 Gotenks which was another fusion?
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:52 am

SuperHumanGod wrote:I have no problem with the spoilers and I despise the bland as fuck saiyan girls. Goku is still weak and slowly recovering. It makes sense a SSJ3 kefla can overpower his 10% SSJB. As long as kefla isn't in anyway a threat to jiren then this fits imo. Plus it'll be a great marketing ploy by toei for young boys to have a new waifu.
Wait, since when do we know Goku is just using 10% SSB?
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:02 am

hmmmm.. I remember people saying that the trademark of "fan-fiction" was the rehashing of old ideas in unoriginal ways...