"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:51 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So we still haven't had any kind of confirmation as to when DLC 5 is going up on PSN to buy, right?
Autumn, which is November and December. And considering we've already got gameplay, I'm predicting November 28th since gameplay videos are usually released close to the DLC's release date ad we know that they're gonna release it on the last Tuesday of whatever month
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:59 pm

So now that game has had time to marinate has anyone found a good build, Super Soul, and QQ Bang set that will allow Giant Namekians to be viable in PVE combat? I chose a Namekian as my core main simply because of its giant form and that was quickly nerfed so I moved onto Potentail Unleashed ever since. I want the latest insight on the Giant Namekian form.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:I feel like Demon God Demigra is a possibility. I feel like we wouldn't get final form Mira unless we were ALSO getting half-corrupted Zamasu and final form Demigra.

Makyouka Demigra would also be cool though.

I feel like we're getting a different, new original character though. Possibly a lead into XV3. I want Fu to start existing again.
I hope
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:32 pm

GTx10 wrote:So now that game has had time to marinate has anyone found a good build, Super Soul, and QQ Bang set that will allow Giant Namekians to be viable in PVE combat? I chose a Namekian as my core main simply because of its giant form and that was quickly nerfed so I moved onto Potentail Unleashed ever since. I want the latest insight on the Giant Namekian form.
Nothing has come/there's nothing good for the Giant Form, unlike the Pure Form for Majins. Hopefully in one of the new Parallel Quests they bring a Super Soul related to it. I'd like to play as a Giant Namekuseijin as well, too bad that after all this time Giant Form didn't get anything to make it worthwhile.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:41 pm

GTx10 wrote:So now that game has had time to marinate has anyone found a good build, Super Soul, and QQ Bang set that will allow Giant Namekians to be viable in PVE combat? I chose a Namekian as my core main simply because of its giant form and that was quickly nerfed so I moved onto Potentail Unleashed ever since. I want the latest insight on the Giant Namekian form.
The only suggestion I've ever heard in that regard is Power Biased Transformation. I don't see very many players even using Namekians and never a single giant one. :|

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:43 pm

That is a bummer. I was sure that the Giant Form would get something but alas it was naught. Which Super Soul for Pure Majin's are you referring to?

I can't remember what that particular Super Soul does so I'll have to look into it.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:45 pm

I've always played with a Namekian as my main and just had to be happy with Potential Unleashed. I use giant form every blue moon just for fun against great apes, but its not the useful otherwise.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:01 pm

GTx10 wrote:Which Super Soul for Pure Majin's are you referring to?

I can't remember what that particular Super Soul does so I'll have to look into it.
The one that came with DLC Pack 3 or Pack 4. I don't actually remember its effects but I remember it was useful (although I believe one of them recovers your health). Also, there was an update that made the transformation to last longer. So if you equip a QQ Bang +5 in stamina, you'll have plenty of time having fun with Pure Form.
Last edited by Grimlock on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:04 pm

dualist wrote:
I've always played with a Namekian as my main and just had to be happy with Potential Unleashed. I use giant form every blue moon just for fun against great apes, but its not the useful otherwise.
I've done the same myself. Now is the Giant Form useless in general or have fans tested the form out and have correctly deduced that is one of the weaker Awoken Skills?

Hmmm I have a QQ Bang that kills stamina yet didn't have trouble maintaining the Pure Majin form. I guess it can become better than what I experienced of it.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:52 am

Apparently there was a Beerus raid for a bikini item last night according to reddit.

Can anyone confirm? Raids are usually Saturday...
Gutted I missed it. I was at a charity ball.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:50 am

TobyS wrote:Apparently there was a Beerus raid for a bikini item last night according to reddit.

Can anyone confirm? Raids are usually Saturday...
Gutted I missed it. I was at a charity ball.

According to this site http://dbx.bn-ent.net/information/ it's till tuesday.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:59 am

Pretty cool news!
DLC 6 is probably going to add: goku UI,jiren,final form mira (or another new unique character) and bergamo (?). I'd like to see more GT characters too (baby vegeta,goten and majuub for example).
The next arena could be the place were U7 fought against U9.

p.s. Greetings guys, i'm new here :)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:31 am

Gt91 wrote:Pretty cool news!
DLC 6 is probably going to add: goku UI,jiren,final form mira (or another new unique character) and bergamo (?). I'd like to see more GT characters too (baby vegeta,goten and majuub for example).

Nice to meet ya. I have a question for yo. Why are you so interested in GT Goten? And its not just you. Many people have GT Goten at the top of their GT character lists.

I personally thought that DLC 6 would have Pikkon, Baby Vegeta, Uub/Majuub, and Demigra to finish up the missing characters but I'm ok with this too.

I expect UI Goku, Jiren, Toppo (or someone else), and either Fuu or a completely new character all together (or a 20% chance that its Android 21 since it was said that FighterZ would get stuff from Xenoverse while Xenoverse would get stuff from FighterZ).

Well, in this pic, it shows that for story mode, the DLC has a circle in its column. But for DLC 6 is has 2 circles. This could mean that the story will have 2 arcs or will be twice as long which could also mean 2 new stages cause we always get a new stage with a new story. The Zen Exhibition Match stage should definetly be one of them.

Just like DLC5, we’ll probably get 15 new techniques, 5 new parallel quests, 2 new nicknames, and 8 new super souls. We will get new costumes. Probably Caulifla, Kale, and the Gods of Destruction’s costumes
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:42 am

There's no Story Mode for DLC 5. The "story" we're gonna get is related to Hero Colosseum. It's that thing we saw in the trailer with Trunks going to talk with some characters.

The costumes we're gonna get in DLC 5 belong to Pride Troopers and Ribrianne as far as we know (maybe there's more since there are more Parallel Quests this time).

~ War of the Dinobots ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:47 am

Grimlock wrote:There's no Story Mode for DLC 5. The "story" we're gonna get is related to Hero Colosseum. It's that thing we saw in the trailer with Trunks going to talk with some characters.

The costumes we're gonna get in DLC 5 belong to Pride Troopers and Ribrianne as far as we know (maybe there's more since there are more Parallel Quests this time).
We know. I’m gonna grind the heck outta the Hero Colosseum. And it seems like we might get 2 story arcs for DLC 6 because it has 2 circles instead of one

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:12 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:There's no Story Mode for DLC 5. The "story" we're gonna get is related to Hero Colosseum. It's that thing we saw in the trailer with Trunks going to talk with some characters.

We know. I’m gonna grind the heck outta the Hero Colosseum. And it seems like we might get 2 story arcs for DLC 6 because it has 2 circles instead of one
Assuming that every character in the roster gets a statue for the Colosseum; anyone else got teams in mind yet? Swordsman squad. Android Squad. Earthling Squad.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:Assuming that every character in the roster gets a statue for the Colosseum; anyone else got teams in mind yet? Swordsman squad. Android Squad. Earthling Squad.
I'm definitely going for my favorites ;p Though I could probably think of some fun ones like a Zamasu Squad or a Fusion Squad.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Assuming that every character in the roster gets a statue for the Colosseum; anyone else got teams in mind yet? Swordsman squad. Android Squad. Earthling Squad.
I'm definitely going for my favorites ;p Though I could probably think of some fun ones like a Zamasu Squad or a Fusion Squad.
I'm going for a Demon squad or time breaker squad. Hopefully the unplayable characters are at least playable as the statues. If that was the case, I’d have, Towa, Fused Mira, Final Form Demigra, Dabura, Super Janemba, and Buuhan or Kid Buu. The unplayable characters would be the hardest to unlock.

I’d also have a villains squad of Fused Zamasu (half corrupted), Golden Freeza, Omega Shenron, Kid Buu or Buuhan, Fused Mira, and Super Janemba. A balance of villains from Z, GT, Super, and Xeno/Heroes/Online

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:02 pm

How long does it typically take y'all to get into raids? I can't seem to find any rooms and it looks like it's gonna take a while for mine to fill up, so I'm just wondering if there's any particular method you guys tend to use or if you just sort of wing it.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:49 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:Pretty cool news!

Nice to meet ya. I have a question for yo. Why are you so interested in GT Goten? And its not just you. Many people have GT Goten at the top of their GT character lists.
Because he is one of my favourite GT character.
When i was a kid i really liked him in the GT series and i always wanted to have him as a playable character :)

Demigra should be added too, maybe with an unique ultimate move.