In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Asura » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 am

This topic might have been done before, but regardless I'm curious to hear people's ideas for what should happen with Freeza this arc. So far he's been written wonderfully, but the question is how will it all end for him? Do you see him dying in the end? Perhaps living in U7 or another universe building his empire again, far away from Goku & Vegeta? Maybe he'll even become a GoD himself?

How should Freeza be handled from now on?

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:07 am

Him dying again after his greed for power becomes too much and he slips up and needs to be taken care of.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:18 am

The only thing Frieza should be doing in DBS is getting killed by Vegeta.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:44 am

Freeza will get a salary job and he will finally defeat Goku because once Chichi finds out Goku will never ever hear the end of it.

Of course this doesn’t mean Freeza will become good. Just instead of becoming overlord of the Stars he will become boss of a large corporation. Which when you think about it is really the same thing!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:56 am

Hopes: Wished into life then going into the space to strengthen U7's mortal level by doing his usual business. Eventually *somehow* he makes Kuriza later on.

Reality: He takes over the GoDs and becomes the main villain of next arc.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:28 am

So far he hasn't done anything worth bringing him back for so hopefully his return leads to something a lot bigger than just dying in the end.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:39 am

He's had moments of being funny, clever ,and just plain bad ass from the moment Goku came to see him in Hell. If Freeza just goes back to being dead after the TOP arc I will be sorely disappointed. Nothing wrong with breaking conventions, I say have a recurring villain in the DB series aslong as it's done well and certainly if there's one villain that deserves to be an arch nemesis it's Freeza.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:48 am

My ideal would be something like this, after being one of the best fighters of the TOP (The MVP will be Vegeta, I don´t know why, but I think it will be defined by number of eliminations), he will get asked by other GoD to become his succesor, just like Toppo to Vermoud, from there he will be one step closer to his goal, eventually he will become the GoD of his new universe.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:28 pm

That he would genuinely team up with Goku to fight the overwhelming force that is Jiren.

Would take a blow in Goku's place knowing that Goku is really the one who could actually defeat Jiren and so gets eliminated.

Goku wins and actually does revive Frieza as he promised.

Frieza finally gets over his grudge against the Saiyans. They certainly wouldn't be friends but he would drop any intention and obsession of getting revenge.

He would then just go off and do whatever it is he does, never to be seen again. Maybe he could even become a God of Destruction in another Universe.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:28 pm

He wins the tournament, and changes body with the Future Zeno.

The remaining universes split between Freeza Zeno, and Present Zeno and Freeza himself makes the five universes remaining start a "war"

[and i would like to see the ressurection of all universes after that other potential arc]

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:40 pm

He'll likely be erased from existence eventually. I don't see him just going back to Hell, everyone knows he would still "exist" and could get out again. Only way to stop Freeza for good is erase him.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm satisfied with any conclusion that keeps Freeza in the story. If he becomes a GoD? Awesome. If he's brought back to life and moves to the edge of the universe to train? That's cool too. Something with his empire coming back? Sure.

His latest return has finally given some depth to the character, and it would be a colossal waste to kill him off for good. He's been written so incredibly well in this arc IMO.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 pm

It's all about Freeza getting that spot light and shine he deserves. You have to not only build the villains and anti heroes like vegeta. You need to build the villains, especially one that is considered the face of the series.

The tournament of power should just be a latter towards freezas return. He doesn't have to die. Why would Toei or Toriyama do that?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:31 pm

I would genuinely like to see him get away with his plans. That opens a path to a new arc to stop him, along with all the gods. That seems pretty cool.

What I expect to happen though, given this series' dependence on callbacks, is him attempting to make a wish to "Super Shenron," everyone reacting surprised, and the dragon ignoring him because he didn't ask for his wish using the god language. Zeno will subsequently erase him.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:16 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:What I expect to happen though, given this series' dependence on callbacks, is him attempting to make a wish to "Super Shenron," everyone reacting surprised, and the dragon ignoring him because he didn't ask for his wish using the god language. Zeno will subsequently erase him.
What is that a callback to and why would Zeno then erase him?
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Ziegander wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:What I expect to happen though, given this series' dependence on callbacks, is him attempting to make a wish to "Super Shenron," everyone reacting surprised, and the dragon ignoring him because he didn't ask for his wish using the god language. Zeno will subsequently erase him.
This happened to him when he fought SSJ Goku in Namek. He got his wish for immortality, but the dragon ignored him because he didn't request it in the namekian language.

Zeno would erase him for his intentions and for butting into someone's wish (I doubt Frieza will be the last one standing in the tournament).
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:35 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Ziegander wrote:
This happened to him when he fought SSJ Goku in Namek. He got his wish for immortality, but the dragon ignored him because he didn't request it in the namekian language.
Hahaha! Holy crap, I do not remember that! Gotta rewatch that now.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Always been a huge fan of Freeza's design but now I'm becoming a huge fan of his character as well. I'd like to see him get something. If the lesser universes get wished back in the end then he could possibly a move to Universe 4 or 9 and start his empire anew without any Saiyans to spoil his party.

My ideal would be for him to move to another universe, build himself up again, and become a reoccurring threat/reluctant ally in the future. Maybe he could even try to conquer the multiverse. Whatever he does, I hope he builds a team and wishes the Ginyus back and starts his empire all over again but more powerful than ever before.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 am

He wins the Tournament Of Power, gains immortality and is brought back to life. I legit want Freeza to pull off at least part of his plan.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 am

In my wildest dreams, it's something like an Emperor Joker story where he gains unlimited power and just goes crazy.

He feels so untouchable right now, but at the same time it's hard to imagine him actually getting away with his plan when there are so many people more powerful than him hanging around. I just want to see where it goes, when he'll finally take a fall.