Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:47 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:Caulifla and Kale fused in their Super Saiyan forms.... nice.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

If this was retconned, either way Kafla is fucked, since the time limit depends on how much power the fusion gives out. Unless they take the Merged Zamasu route, and don't have them defuse early/not effected by anything since Black was SSR when he fused.
We actually don’t know if they fused in their Super Saiyan forms or not. When they were on that falling debris it was all dark so it was hard to tell if they went to their base forms and then fused or if they just fused as Super Saiyans.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 am

Btw the rules are a joke and twisted all the time but I do not get how U3 was allowed to enter in the first place.

Hell the guy from U3 even himself said he isn’t wearing a robot suit

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:40 am

Anyone else finding Daisuki to only work on Microsoft Edge? Chrome and Firefox no go. Especially on tablet tried 3 or 4 browsers and nothing sometimes it's convenient that way instead of busting out a laptop.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:45 am

That feeling when everyone thinks berserk Kale is stronger than SSj Blue Goku, you tell them Goku was just putting out an arbitrary percentage of power, they don't believe you, then this episode comes and a mere SSj God Goku is stronger than Kale who has mastered her berserk form and is supposed to be much stronger than before :lol:

This is one of those moments to live for, lol

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:47 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:Caulifla and Kale fused in their Super Saiyan forms.... nice.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

If this was retconned, either way Kafla is fucked, since the time limit depends on how much power the fusion gives out. Unless they take the Merged Zamasu route, and don't have them defuse early/not effected by anything since Black was SSR when he fused.
We actually don’t know if they fused in their Super Saiyan forms or not. When they were on that falling debris it was all dark so it was hard to tell if they went to their base forms and then fused or if they just fused as Super Saiyans.
The way old Kaioshin was talking, this would only have detrimental effects if the fusion was to be permanent, since you wouldn't be able to switch back to base fused like this. One hour should not be a problem, and even if that proved more exhausting than staying in base, it's nothing some extended bed rest couldn't fix after the fusion wears off.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:49 am

Couldnt help but remember the tidbit said about SSJ4 Gogeta in one of the books covering GT where it stated he "Is many tens of times stronger than either Goku or Vegeta" when Vados give the brief exposition on Potara.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:53 am

So which of these 3 will it be?

* Will someone help Goku?
* Will Goku find a way to beat Kefla
* Will Kefla defuse before she can beat Goku?

I am guessing not 1 since no other character was mentioned. I can’t really think of any other possibilities.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:02 am

It absolutely won't happen but I'd love some Gogeta right now :lol:
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:06 am

Kinokima wrote:So which of these 3 will it be?

I am guessing not 1 since no other character was mentioned. I can’t really think of any other possibilities.
Have you forgot about a certain someone watching this fight happen?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:07 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:It absolutely won't happen but I'd love some Gogeta right now :lol:

Vegeta/Goku fusion would be the easy answer but you are right it won’t happen. Goku won’t ask and Vegeta would refuse if he did. lol

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:So which of these 3 will it be?

Have you forgot about a certain someone watching this fight happen?
No I have not forgotten Freeza but he was not mentioned in the episode description. Anyways if you are saying Freeza will jump in and help don’t necessarily think that is the case.
Last edited by Kinokima on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:09 am

Kale is fucking annoying with her "Sis, sis, sis". How many times did she repeat that in this episode? :|

The art was on point, absolutely loved the look of SSJGod Goku in this episode. Buff and serious looking, oh yes. Even Krillin in that one shot looked like Cell saga Krillin, I mean, look at those aesthetic looking shoulders.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:25 am

I was joking with it before, but it's good that they didn't make SSJ Kafla have a Karoly-esque hair.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

percula

Post by percula » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:28 am

Absolutely beautiful episode, right from the start. Goku looked very attractive, and the girls were too :D Yuya Takahashi, wish you would never leave...

The teamwork of Caulifla and Kale was again quite nice, although the dialogue was a bit repetitive (except for Caulifla calling Kale her best friend). I liked Goku's shaking when he sensed Kale's power; much better than saying ''I'm gettin' excited'' .
Champa came prepared - I love seeing little flashbacks of what happened before the tournament. I hope Kafla stays for a while, since her being the ''trump card'' of U6 gets me a bit worried - the second half of the tournament barely started, after all. It would be nice to see some ring-outs of other universes, though; of course, it can be argued that people aren't dropping out so quickly anymore because only the very strongest are left.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:32 am

A few more thoughts after rewatching

A few nitpicks:

-Vegeta continues to be an arrogant asshole stuck in the Cell saga with that stupid "I'm the best Saiyan" line. They really need to STOP writing him like that. It's no longer "badass", it's just annoying, empty bragging that means nothing and actually makes him look clinically delusional.
-The evil cackle Kafla did was completely unnecessary and really off-putting and out of character
-Kafla's design is atrocious
-The concept of Potaras being allowed makes every other character look stupid. There's no logical reason why Goku and Vegeta or even Jiren and Toppo wouldn't just fuse now (Please don't let that be the direction this arc takes, I've had enough fusion)

Everything else was pretty great

8/10

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:46 am

A great episode!

Kale and Caulifla continue to show that their relationship is something special and makes them better as characters. Them working together to take on Goku was also pretty great, especially now that Kale no longer is stuck as a berserker Broly-homage.

Kefla makes her debut in a big way, as well! Can't wait to see!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:47 am

Artorias wrote:Vegeta continues to be an arrogant asshole stuck in the Cell saga with that stupid "I'm the best Saiyan" line. They really need to STOP writing him like that. It's no longer "badass", it's just annoying, empty bragging that means nothing and actually makes him look clinically delusional.

Does Vegeta bragging make him an asshole or Cell Vegeta? I guess I just don’t see it. I mean obviously he isn’t the best Saiyan lol but Vegeta is always going to be a bit arrogant. It’s just part of his character I guess. Cell Vegeta wasn’t just arrogant he only cared about himself. There is a big difference.

However I do think certain writers struggle with Vegeta. This episode was written by the same writer who wrote that Vegeta wouldn’t give his energy to Goku. Another scene I disliked. Maybe not the best writer for Vegeta. And I also think Vegeta suffers the most in this arc when he just has a small scene here or there.

Compare it to how Vegeta is written when he gets more focus. He’s still arrogant but we see more sides of his personality not just that arrogant side & we see he actually cares (about Roshi, about Cabba, or even Goku when he jumped in to help against U9 even though he said he wasn’t helping)

Anyways I agree with your sentiment that I don’t like when Vegeta is written like this (I just try to stay amused at it) but hate the sentiment that every time Vegeta isn’t perfect he’s regressed back to Cell Vegeta.

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:48 am

Zeno's button wrote:Image
This just looks disastrous, as if all of their creativity was used up on her base form, which looks splendid.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:04 am

Why hasn’t the cast brought some Senzus.

Potaras are allowed as well. Do not see the difference

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:24 am

Kishido wrote:Why hasn’t the cast brought some Senzus.

Potaras are allowed as well. Do not see the difference

Using items to heal is forbidden. Potaras are different.
Yeah, we don't see them fusing in their ssj form so we can assume that they were in base form.
This was a pretty good episode and in some frames it reminded me budokai 3 intro, expecially at the beginning.
I preferred to see kafla ssj with blonde/green hair but it's ok.
Maybe she is going to use ssj3 to defeat goku SSBK?

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 am

Noah wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:So the potaras aren’t cheating? :think: :think: :think:
Nah, I guess only weapons and healing items are forbidden.
Something I also noticed, maybe no one saw them fuse as they were falling off. I’m not mad but here’s to hope that it gets mentioned.

And Goku...Move out the way, we want Frieza!