"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:38 am

perucho1990 wrote:Idk how can people compare episode 114(and the upcoming episode 115) to the likes of episode 100, or even episode 106. Is it really the bias against Caulifla and Kale?
100 was pure garbage, 114 was the first episode in this arc that actually made me like Caulifla and Kale characterization in this series.
Last edited by Noah on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:40 am

Noah wrote:
100 was pure garbage, 114 was the first episode in this arc that actually make like Caulifla and Kale characterization in this series.
Helped that Kale has become a likeable character, getting rid of her Broly form is for the best, now she is her own character, with room of improvement.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:26 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Noah wrote:
100 was pure garbage, 114 was the first episode in this arc that actually make like Caulifla and Kale characterization in this series.
Helped that Kale has become a likeable character, getting rid of her Broly form is for the best, now she is her own character, with room of improvement.
Not really likeable yet. Better. But if you think saying "sis" every time instead of "SON GOKU" is an improvement, be my guest.

Although in this episode when she mocked Goku that was something new.

Caulifla is a pretty interesting character, Kale is still boring.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:53 am

omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Not really likeable yet. Better. But if you think saying "sis" every time instead of "SON GOKU" is an improvement, be my guest.

You didn't like Kale for scolding Goku for dodging Cali's attack?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:54 am

Grimlock wrote:
Michsi wrote:Btw, don't we see Goku as a naked baby in the original manga too? Can't check it now myself, but I seem to recall something like that.
Yes, we do see it.

Yep! Knew I had seen it somewhere in the manga too.

MisteryOne wrote:Kafla's debut reminded me of Merged Zamasu's one in the manga. I really like her design, it fits pretty well with her SSGreen look. I wouldn't mind her being the one to take down Jiren, even that's obviously not happening because of time limit bs and so on.
Now that there is a possibility that the TOP might last way longer than we expected, I don't think Kefla is getting eliminated in the next couple of episodes. Given that Jiren reacted to Kale's power alone, he might actually step in at some point.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:10 am

HeroR wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

I liked when Goku went Red form and Kale told her sister that "red or blue doesn't matter, let's beat him up". I wouldn't expect her to say something like that.

I just thought of a funny scenario: Our good friend NamekianSaiyan's reaction after seeing Kafla knock the shit out of Big Green, knocking him off the stage. :lol:
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:38 am

omaro34 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
omaro34 wrote: Not really likeable yet. Better. But if you think saying "sis" every time instead of "SON GOKU" is an improvement, be my guest.

I liked when Goku went Red form and Kale told her sister that "red or blue doesn't matter, let's beat him up". I wouldn't expect her to say something like that.

I just thought of a funny scenario: Our good friend NamekianSaiyan's reaction after seeing Kafla knock the shit out of Big Green, knocking him off the stage. :lol:
Why are you thinking of such a nightmare scenario? I am going to be thinking about that now. :lol:

I just want to see if Piccolo reacts when Saonel does the Explosive Demon Wave next episode.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:47 am

HeroR wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

It was kind of a dumb moment. Why would she scold Goku for dodging Caulifla's attack??? He has no reason to just let her needlessly hit him.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:44 am

HeroR wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

I found that funny.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:52 am

After this episode I was thinking, what if Super started with these designs? It would truly feel like a Z sequel if it looked like it, and I believe the reputation of the show would have been much better.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:07 am

So Kafla is already Controlled Beserker Form next Week.

Will she go beyond becoming Beserker 3?

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:30 am

Plus... will the other try to use Potaras as well? because seriously... fuck the rules ever since Genkidama or Ribrianne second dildo transformation

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:44 am

Noah wrote:It's quite surprising for me that people still expects Super to make sense of its power levels, for god's sake this will never happen. No matter how nonsensical, our only choice is enjoy this for what it is.

Lord Frieza wrote:
Kanassa wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Not surprised, Zamasu's fusion was a mess and Goku was at full power during that fight. This time he fighting perfect fusion with no flaws or handicaps, if he aint worried about this fight... He bloody should be.
Pardon, but what? Zamasu fusion only started to became a mess after Goku launched that huge Kamehameha on him and it was not even a fight, Goku broke his arms with that attack and kicked Zamasu with a desperate brief Kaioken combination if they didn't think about Vegetto, Merged Zamasu would pretty much kill him after.
Let me explain, on paper Zamasu's fusion should be the greatest of them all thanks to his immortality, Black's Super Zenkai and the fact it was perminant due to a kaioshin being involved. But reality ther was a lot wrong or potential wrong with it. The corrupted state was just the enevitsble outcome of a very bad fusion. You have the most obvious, the blending of his immortal and mortal soul compromising his immortality. Then you have other issue but we are admittedly going into specilastion. You have the noticeable power gape between The fuses that results in a being not as outright powerfu as almost every other fusion were the base line powers were almost always even which is why he could not effortlessly crush the heroes even with all his ego, you have the fact that he fused while Black was SSR something that was specifically warned agenist by Old Kai as it could put strain on the fuses life since the fusion would not be able to power down. Then you have the fact that it's a fusion of basically the same person, now in theory that should not be an issue as fusion two different people people can have negative outcomes like Gotenks's entire personality. But Zamasu's fusion shows that's not the case, the fusion exacerbated his characteristic making him supremely arrogant to the point of being delusional.

So while Merged Zamasu is powerful there's no denying that in reality he was the worst fusion of the lot. That's actually why I like him so much.

But back to my point, so taking all that into account Goku had a lot of things on his side during the battle. Zamasu's supreme overconfidence, the fact that he was not as powerful as he could be if Zamasu and Black were equal in base and the general instability of the fusion even befor its corrupted state gave Goku and Co an edge they could exploit. Had his power base been more equal, Merged Zamasu would have crushed them effortlessly but he couldn't.

Edit: Yes he eventually he got them on the ropes but with a lot more effect then it should have taken fusion and yes he got more powerful but that dose not change the fact that heroes could hold there own for a bit.

Kafla's base power levels are equal so the resulting fusion gets the full power boost we have come to expect plus said base power levels rival Goku's own which gives us a pretty good idea of just how big of an edge Kafla has over him. And unlike his fight with Zamasu, even if Goku can draw out his full power for a bit he's running on borrowed time due to his current physical state.

Edit: My entire point is that in this fight Goku is in a worse position here. He's weak and so far the fusion he's up agenist has no weaknesses to exploit.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:09 am

Hi there guys! I want to tell you something interesting regarding Chioka. As you read in the interview, the organisation (FICOMIC, "Salón del Manga") called Chioka "Masatoshi", instead of "Kimitoshi", which is the name we all knew so far: https://manga-xxiii.ficomic.com/invitad ... -1973-.htm

Well, I got in touch with the organisation and they told me that Masatoshi is the real one, Kimitoshi is a mistake of Toei in the credits O_O I couldn't believe my eyes when they told me that, because I had read "Kimitoshi" everywhere.

What do you think?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:11 am

I have a feeling Goku is gonna stall for time and try and get Kafla to expend energy to cut the fusion time (assuming they're unaware of the time limit).

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:18 am

Kishido wrote:...fuck the rules ever since Genkidama or Ribrianne second dildo transformation
How the Genkidama was against the rules? :eh:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:26 am

I understand it now.

The reason Kale is that strong is because she broke her limits(As Caulifla mentioned). DBS shouldve introduced limiters like One Punch Man did and clear up some of the so called nonsenses like Ikari, which couldve been explained as Trunks breaking his limits.

Goku had to break his limits in order to unlock UI form.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:27 am

The synopses of the Animedia / Newtype magazines leak today, right?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 am

omaro34 wrote: I just thought of a funny scenario: Our good friend NamekianSaiyan's reaction after seeing Kafla knock the shit out of Big Green, knocking him off the stage. :lol:
18 has a bigger chance in getting eliminated in the upcoming episode, I mean what can she add to the plot?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Noah wrote:
She was never a Broly to begin with, she only had the same transformation as Broly. She is very different from Broly actually, in her Berserker she becomes uncontrollable while Broly could control himself, stay stable and speak properly in the first movie. These two characters are very different from each other.
Last edited by BrolyKale on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu