"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by pacz360 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:14 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:It's been 3 hours and we still don't have any scans. At this point I definitely think those "title leaks" are fake and the users on narutoforums are just trolling. I do find it weird though that we still don't have any leaks yet. Terez on her twitter account said we might get them tomorrow since a similer thing like this happened in May (spoilers came out on the 7th that time).
Yeah it's probably fake

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:14 pm

RedHeat wrote: That's a non-argument. Most of the stuff introduced in Super (even Super itself) is to sell merchandise (and it's working). Kale and Caulifla have been largely pivotal in this arc's plot.

This is just another "feels over reals" scenario that happens quite a lot here.
Thank you. The entire 'the U6 Saiyans exist to sell toys' is really stupid since all the characters exists to sell toys. Vegetto Blue was barely on scene for five minutes and he got a bunch of toys, so the U6 Saiyans hardly needed several episodes for merchandise. Even Fit Buu got a Dokkan card despite him being around for a gag.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:18 pm

HeroR wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote: I still see Toppo getting allot more spotlighting coming up soon, no matter how strong Jiren is Toppo is the Captain and Moral Leader of U11 so any development for not only him but his team is best to go threw him as well as Jiren. So I expect and Hope this for Toppo.

But the other New Characters like from U2 and U6, mainly the Girls need the development cause this is their Arc in a ways mainly, at least the basics to a beginning for them to be viable in the eyes of many both fans and ones not sure about them.

But I hope since this is seemingly going until March that others get Development like the Namekians of U6, all of U3 and the Bugs of U4 to name a few.
I am sure Toppo will get more time since he is the #2 of U11 and can give Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta trouble. So it would be weird if he didn't get anything except some scene with Vegeta.

U2 magical girls kinda sucked a lot scene time early and Rib comes off as more of a pest than a threat. I don't even hate Rib, but she hasn't done anything except be that character that people fight, but won't ring out for some reason. I mean, it would be something if she was presented as strong like Dypso, despite his lousy record, since he could knocked around Super Saiyan God Goku and gave Hit trouble. Rib got pushed around by base form Saiyans and her best fight was against 17 who was playing super villain. I also disagree that his arc is about U2 in any meaningful way.
Toppo should for various reasons, but not just cause of power but his figure head status of U11 indeed makes him the most though heavy of his team and his Universes Future.

As for Ribrianne I have gone into already about her strength leveling being higher then many give her credit for in parts of the fandom, but if you want to know more about that just click below;

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40110&start=200#p1396800

And then in Leveling After that Here:

viewtopic.php?p=1396036#p1395739

Honestly their seen time has been important to establish who they are and what they can do, it was basic 101 character development, not enough to get a full on read on who overall all just the basics. Episode 111 showed I feel the are about to get into more deeper and heavier plot and character elements to them going forward whether in parts of episodes or more, that is what will be needed to progress them forward. Their no important development seen by some is just basis beginning character structure and fans need to give Toei time to show more of who they are and more of their character by what their storytellers have mapped out for them. :idea:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:22 pm

HeroR wrote:
RedHeat wrote: That's a non-argument. Most of the stuff introduced in Super (even Super itself) is to sell merchandise (and it's working). Kale and Caulifla have been largely pivotal in this arc's plot.

This is just another "feels over reals" scenario that happens quite a lot here.
Thank you. The entire 'the U6 Saiyans exist to sell toys' is really stupid since all the characters exists to sell toys. Vegetto Blue was barely on scene for five minutes and he got a bunch of toys, so the U6 Saiyans hardly needed several episodes for merchandise.
Toei before this arc decided that Caulifla and Kale are going to be popular so they decided to do things like have the pointless episode that was episode 115. They always try and force you to like certain characters and half the time it ends up does the complete opposite.

If they don't need episodes to seel then why are they getting so many? Toei think they are just taking the easy option to make their money.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:31 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: Toei before this arc decided that Caulifla and Kale are going to be popular so they decided to do things like have the pointless episode that was episode 115. They always try and force you to like certain characters and half the time it ends up does the complete opposite.

If they don't need episodes to seel then why are they getting so many? Toei think they are just taking the easy option to make their money.
And Vegetto is popular too and didn't last an episode despite Toei's ability to have extended that fight with Merged Zamasu, so this is a bunch of assumption on your part that Cali and Kale being important to the plot was all Toei's idea to sell merchandise, which I have proven that they didn't even need a lot of scene time to do that since we have Vegetto Blue getting shit ton of merchandise despite barely being on scene or Fit Buu getting a Dokkan card who was a gag that didn't even last half an episode.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm in the camp of the leaks are fake,is been a while since those titles come out.
Mostly active on discord.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Toei before this arc decided that Caulifla and Kale are going to be popular so they decided to do things like have the pointless episode that was episode 115. They always try and force you to like certain characters and half the time it ends up does the complete opposite.

And Vegetto is popular too and didn't last an episode despite Toei's ability to have extended that fight with Merged Zamasu, so this is a bunch of assumption on your part that Cali and Kale being important to the plot was all Toei's idea to sell merchandise, which I have proven that they didn't even need a lot of scene time to do that since we have Vegetto Blue getting shit ton of merchandise despite barely being on scene or Fit Buu getting a Dokkan card who was a gag that didn't even last half an episode.
Vegito is an old character so doesn't need it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:39 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:They always try and force you to like certain characters and half the time it ends up does the complete opposite.
Giving a character screen time is not forcing you to like a character.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:40 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegito is an old character so doesn't need it.
An old character with a brand new form and can make brand new moves for to milk, didn't last an episode.
Kanassa wrote:

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:47 pm

RedHeat wrote:
emperior wrote:Honestly I hope these spoilers are fake. It seems like way too many episodes dedicated to U2 and U6 girls, while 17, 18, U6 Namekians and seemingly all the other fighters get almost nothing. I would rather see a one or two episodes dedicated to Vegeta vs Toppo. And considering Hit only got 2 episodes, giving this much spotlight to the Saiyan girls and Ribrianne isn't right. Realistically, Kefla should either lose or disappear for a while after episode 116.
No.

Characters like Hit and Toppo already have had several episodes dedicated to them. It's only fair if Kale and Caulifla get the same treatment, regardless of you how feel about them.
Nice try, but no. Toppo has not had 6+ episodes dedicated to him and only him. That's just utterly false. They're, quite literally, hogging up screentime from the rest of U6. And I doubt the Namekians will get even half of the attention these two are getting.

What makes it worse is that those episodes don't show anything new or exciting. Just Kale/Caulifla vs Goku. Again.

And how would it be unfair if Toppo got more episodes than them anyway, considering he's infinitely more entertaining than either of them?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Damn, I wish Freeza stopped being a 'watcher' and proceeded eliminating disposable characters in this arc, like Ribrianne e.g
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:53 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
Nice try, but no. Toppo has not had 6+ episodes dedicated to him and only him. That's just utterly false. They're, quite literally, hogging up screentime from the rest of U6. And I doubt the Namekians will get even half of the attention these two are getting.

What makes it worse is that those episodes don't show anything new or exciting. Just Kale/Caulifla vs Goku. Again.

And how would it be unfair if Toppo got more episodes than them anyway, considering he's infinitely more entertaining than either of them?
Toppo doesn't even have a point or a dedicated episode on him,at best most of his screentime is on stupid decision or being jiren hype man.Your right toppo don't have the same threatment as the saiyans of u6.
Last edited by The gr on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:58 pm

The gr wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:

Toppo doesn't even have a point or a focused episode,at best most of his screentime is on stupid decision or being jiren hype man.

Toei are just useless at using all the characters that have been provided to them for this arc.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:20 pm

GuanYu wrote:115:悟空 VS ケフラ! 超サイヤ人ブルー敗れる?!
116:予想外の危険!愛の力が爆裂!
117:愛が永久!ロージィブリアンが登場?!
118:命を賭ける戦い!ポタラ同士の決着?!

japanese not use "?!" so this is fake
This is a very good point! Besides, "ai ga eien" feels incomplete.

Not buying it unless I see scans.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:25 pm

I'm waiting for scans and Herms.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:28 pm

TheOne wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:How SSG and SSB Goku would look shirtless? I want to see that in the series.
Unless you’re a female, I don’t understand what’s the big deal with this fan base wanting Goku to be shirtless so bad.. :wtf:

I get that it means that the battle has been intense like in the Frieza Saga, but I’ve seen a lot of posts in the past saying something similar so I must ask why.
It's not something sexual, geez. I'm just curious about how its design's suppose to look.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:31 pm

alakazam^ wrote:

I think this maybe fake simply because of the time lapse between this and the scan. That and the friend of a friend is never good.
Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:35 pm

HeroR wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:

I think this maybe fake simply because of the time lapse between this and the scan. That and the friend of a friend is never good.
Look, my Uncle works at Nintendo...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:38 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
emperior wrote:Honestly I hope these spoilers are fake. It seems like way too many episodes dedicated to U2 and U6 girls, while 17, 18, U6 Namekians and seemingly all the other fighters get almost nothing. I would rather see a one or two episodes dedicated to Vegeta vs Toppo. And considering Hit only got 2 episodes, giving this much spotlight to the Saiyan girls and Ribrianne isn't right. Realistically, Kefla should either lose or disappear for a while after episode 116.
No.

Characters like Hit and Toppo already have had several episodes dedicated to them. It's only fair if Kale and Caulifla get the same treatment, regardless of you how feel about them.

I just used Toppo as a minor example, not the forefront of my argument.
Last edited by RedHeat on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feels over Reals.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:39 pm

Kanassa wrote:
HeroR wrote:
alakazam^ wrote: This is a very good point! Besides, "ai ga eien" feels incomplete.

Look, my Uncle works at Nintendo...
Listen,my uncle works for Toriyama........no scratch that my Uncle is Toriyama and confirmed those leaks are true.