"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:45 pm

The titles and synopsis sound so fake. Just the type to annoy fans. And really they are going to have almost a whole month with not only no Goku focus but no U7 focus. It's not going to happen. Or I will be shocked if these turn out to be true.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm laughing right now because it feels like someone's just trying to make controversial spoilers to piss people off, but if it ends up being true I'll probably end up being pissed. Don't really hate rebrianne, but 3 consecutive episodes of her would be dumb. And Kafla getting morr screentime would bother me since I hate those characters.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Araki wrote:
Simere wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Full article..
Dokkan Battle has a ton of Super content in it. Are you trying to imply it's selling because of the Z in the title? Or this a joke? I've been missing those lately.
Someone's just been in denial for a long time that Super is an absolute success and not ending anytime soon, unlike the failure that was GT. Nothing new to see here..well, maybe the ignorance about Dokkan's actual content and what's the show that's been pushing it.
I just find it interesting that the key contribution to Toeis financial success doesn’t carry the “Super” tag at all but yet somehow shows up in the official Super thread... it seems like you could have posted that same link in a GT official thread to the same effect. Or are we to the point that anytime Bandai or Toei release financial statements we attribute its success entirely to Super. Just like the currently names Z fighter financial statements will show up in this thread despite having at this time 2.5 characters from Super... but whatever the point was really to emphasize that we take every and all franchise content and attribute it to Super. The same thing happened with Xenoverses release which did huge numbers in the West without a way from them having a way to legally watch it until recently yet the original doing huge numbers... but we attributed everything to Super rather than giving credit to the rest of the franchise, the movies, and prior contributions but hey nothing delusion about that at all.. and that Super the series was the magic catalyst which single handedly reinvigorated the entire franchise... :roll:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:19 pm

-For an Universe 3 not wasted-

Universe 3 has been wasted and Universe 7 still has a lot of fighters. I really liked Katopesla's character and looks like next episode he will fight C17 and C18, so I suggest kill two birds with one stone by having him eliminate C18, at least. She and Piccolo are the most likely to be eliminated next.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:21 pm

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegito is an old character so doesn't need it.
An old character with a brand new form and can make brand new moves for to milk, didn't last an episode.
What is that trying to tell us?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Simere wrote:
Dokkan Battle has a ton of Super content in it. Are you trying to imply it's selling because of the Z in the title? Or this a joke? I've been missing those lately.
I guarantee you, dokkan battle is the reason this arc even exists.
No, it's not. Toriyama is the reason this arc exists.
Super exists because it sells merchandise, if it didn’t it wouldn’t exist.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:48 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Araki wrote:
Simere wrote:
Someone's just been in denial for a long time that Super is an absolute success and not ending anytime soon, unlike the failure that was GT. Nothing new to see here..well, maybe the ignorance about Dokkan's actual content and what's the show that's been pushing it.
I just find it interesting that the key contribution to Toeis financial success doesn’t carry the “Super” tag at all but yet somehow shows up in the official Super thread... it seems like you could have posted that same link in a GT official thread to the same effect. Or are we to the point that anytime Bandai or Toei release financial statements we attribute its success entirely to Super. Just like the currently names Z fighter financial statements will show up in this thread despite having at this time 2.5 characters from Super... but whatever the point was really to emphasize that we take every and all franchise content and attribute it to Super. The same thing happened with Xenoverses release which did huge numbers in the West without a way from them having a way to legally watch it until recently yet the original doing huge numbers... but we attributed everything to Super rather than giving credit to the rest of the franchise, the movies, and prior contributions but hey nothing delusion about that at all.. and that Super the series was the magic catalyst which single handedly reinvigorated the entire franchise... :roll:
I don't get what you're saying. Do you think these games do as well without new characters, arcs and content? I don't.

Not to say they wouldn't succeed but Super certainly gave cpr to the franchise. Movies could have done the same I suppose and did to an extent.
Last edited by GodKaio-Ken on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:53 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote: I guarantee you, dokkan battle is the reason this arc even exists.
And it’s part of the reason the mobile game is so popular.

They even said the problem with Kai is it offered no new material. So it got the ratings but didn’t sell the merchandise.

Super is definitely a success and it’s definitely the reason the mobile game is so popular. A new TV series keeps the content current.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:08 pm

Dokkan Battle came out almost 5 months before Resurrection F hit theaters in Japan which also carried the Z branding. Dokkan gets a steady stream of new content based on the current arcs of Super (such as the Universe Survival Arc story mode that just ended a little while ago on JP), but it also gets new content from Z, GT and classic DB. In fact, four of the premier units on Global right now are SS4 Goku, SS4 Vegeta, SS4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:-For an Universe 3 not wasted-

Universe 3 has been wasted and Universe 7 still has a lot of fighters. I really liked Katopesla's character and looks like next episode he will fight C17 and C18, so I suggest kill two birds with one stone by having him eliminate C18, at least. She and Piccolo are the most likely to be eliminated next.
Besides 17 and 18 having a Final Fight with Ribrianne and Rozie, the other fight I want to see 17 and 18 have if it is their time to go would be an ALL-OUT War between them and U3, the Ultimate Machine Match-Up, I think it be a Good idea!

You can have U3 maybe finally showing what surprises then have and with that 17 and 18 having to work together in new ways to try to combat what are 3 to 1 odds. That be an exciting 1-2 episode mash-up I like to see! 8) :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:59 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Dokkan Battle came out almost 5 months before Resurrection F hit theaters in Japan which also carried the Z branding. Dokkan gets a steady stream of new content based on the current arcs of Super (such as the Universe Survival Arc story mode that just ended a little while ago on JP), but it also gets new content from Z, GT and classic DB. In fact, four of the premier units on Global right now are SS4 Goku, SS4 Vegeta, SS4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron.
It has great value in the franchise profit, but sucks that is a bad game tho.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:31 pm

RedHeat wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
RedHeat wrote: No.

Characters like Hit and Toppo already have had several episodes dedicated to them. It's only fair if Kale and Caulifla get the same treatment, regardless of you how feel about them.
Nice try, but no. Toppo has not had 6+ episodes dedicated to him and only him. That's just utterly false. They're, quite literally, hogging up screentime from the rest of U6. And I doubt the Namekians will get even half of the attention these two are getting.

What makes it worse is that those episodes don't show anything new or exciting. Just Kale/Caulifla vs Goku. Again.

And how would it be unfair if Toppo got more episodes than them anyway, considering he's infinitely more entertaining than either of them?
I just used Toppo as a minor example, not the forefront of my argument.
But your "minor example" wasn't even an example, but a complete untruth.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:41 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Araki wrote:
I don't get what you're saying. Do you think these games do as well without new characters, arcs and content? I don't.

Not to say they wouldn't succeed but Super certainly gave cpr to the franchise. Movies could have done the same I suppose and did to an extent.
But that’s exactly what I’m saying! The financial data is getting posted in the official Super thread as if Super were the sole reason for its success and someone comes in as says you don’t know what you’re talking about because it’s obviously included Super and somehow GT is irrelevant YET SOME OF THE TOP PREMIER CONTENT of what Toei identifies as its key financial property is GT content. No one is saying Super isn’t making money but it’s not making ALL the money and for some reason it ticks people off to here that GT content has and in some measures still out performs Super. It’s ok that it does it doesn’t end your world and Super can continue to make money but it’s not the sole source of income coming in. Other parts of the franchise as a whole continues to be more marketable that Super and that’s OK.
BlueBasilisk wrote:Dokkan Battle came out almost 5 months before Resurrection F hit theaters in Japan which also carried the Z branding. Dokkan gets a steady stream of new content based on the current arcs of Super (such as the Universe Survival Arc story mode that just ended a little while ago on JP), but it also gets new content from Z, GT and classic DB. In fact, four of the premier units on Global right now are SS4 Goku, SS4 Vegeta, SS4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron.
Thank you. As stated all DB content is important because it all makes money. Super isn’t single handedly floating the franchise. It’s absurd. It was already jumping back in merchandise with movie and game releases outside of Super. Super of course helps but nothing has been shown that Super in and of itself is the main driver of increased revenue. Toeis own financials show it’s not. It works in conjunction with the rest of the franchise is the entire point.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Yes they are selling content from all parts of the franchise but it is new content (Super & the films) not Kai and certainly not GT that revitalized the franchise.

I am not really sure why this is so hard for people to understand.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote: I guarantee you, dokkan battle is the reason this arc even exists.
Super entire existence branches from Toriyama giving a damn about Dragon Ball again. The BOG and ROF retellings? His idea. The Universe 6/Champa arc? His idea. The Future Trunks arc? His idea. The Universal Survival arc? His idea. And keep in mind, back in 2008, when Toriyama rejected Bandai's approach from them for him to create a new Dragon Ball series, they didn't even want to entertain the idea of Toei doing it with own devices. They just shit-canned the whole idea of having a new Dragon Ball series without Toriyama's involvement and decided go the cheaper and easier route, and Dragon Ball Kai was born. And that majorly backfired in Japan as well.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:06 pm

TheMikado wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
TheMikado wrote:

But that’s exactly what I’m saying! The financial data is getting posted in the official Super thread as if Super were the sole reason for its success and someone comes in as says you don’t know what you’re talking about because it’s obviously included Super and somehow GT is irrelevant YET SOME OF THE TOP PREMIER CONTENT of what Toei identifies as its key financial property is GT content. No one is saying Super isn’t making money but it’s not making ALL the money and for some reason it ticks people off to here that GT content has and in some measures still out performs Super. It’s ok that it does it doesn’t end your world and Super can continue to make money but it’s not the sole source of income coming in. Other parts of the franchise as a whole continues to be more marketable that Super and that’s OK.
Thank you. As stated all DB content is important because it all makes money. Super isn’t single handedly floating the franchise. It’s absurd. It was already jumping back in merchandise with movie and game releases outside of Super. Super of course helps but nothing has been shown that Super in and of itself is the main driver of increased revenue. Toeis own financials show it’s not. It works in conjunction with the rest of the franchise is the entire point.
Well yeah everything goes together. Withoutbthe movies there is no Super, no Super no new games and toys and so on.

I think it's just easier to make money in those mediums. I don't think Super is written just to sell toys but I also know if it didn't then the show would stop.

If that makes sense. GT too but it's long past at this point
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: No, it's not. Toriyama is the reason this arc exists.
Super entire existence branches from Toriyama giving a damn about Dragon Ball again. The BOG and ROF retellings? His idea. The Universe 6/Champa arc? His idea. The Future Trunks arc? His idea. The Universal Survival arc? His idea. And keep in mind, back in 2008, when Toriyama rejected Bandai's approach from them for him to create a new Dragon Ball series, they didn't even want to entertain the idea of Toei doing it with own devices. They just shit-canned the whole idea of having a new Dragon Ball series without Toriyama's involvement and decided go the cheaper and easier route, and Dragon Ball Kai was born. And that majorly backfired in Japan as well.
He didn’t have to do an anime though he could just do a manga like his Jaco and DB minus. The anime exists because of Toei and Bandai. The stories exist because of Toriyama. An anime/movie was never a guarantee or from Toriyama himself. They exist because Toei/Bandai want them to exist and make money.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Super entire existence branches from Toriyama giving a damn about Dragon Ball again. The BOG and ROF retellings? His idea. The Universe 6/Champa arc? His idea. The Future Trunks arc? His idea. The Universal Survival arc? His idea. And keep in mind, back in 2008, when Toriyama rejected Bandai's approach from them for him to create a new Dragon Ball series, they didn't even want to entertain the idea of Toei doing it with own devices. They just shit-canned the whole idea of having a new Dragon Ball series without Toriyama's involvement and decided go the cheaper and easier route, and Dragon Ball Kai was born. And that majorly backfired in Japan as well.
Could you give me the source on that? (bold). Also not everything was Toriyama idea, remember he at some point was dissatisfied with Super and wanted to leave, but Toei had to provide him ideas for a new arc. By all the matters I think Toei is the great responsible of the franchise growth since 2013.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:21 pm

Noah wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Super entire existence branches from Toriyama giving a damn about Dragon Ball again. The BOG and ROF retellings? His idea. The Universe 6/Champa arc? His idea. The Future Trunks arc? His idea. The Universal Survival arc? His idea. And keep in mind, back in 2008, when Toriyama rejected Bandai's approach from them for him to create a new Dragon Ball series, they didn't even want to entertain the idea of Toei doing it with own devices. They just shit-canned the whole idea of having a new Dragon Ball series without Toriyama's involvement and decided go the cheaper and easier route, and Dragon Ball Kai was born. And that majorly backfired in Japan as well.
Could you give me the source on that? (bold). Also not everything was Toriyama idea, remember he at some point was dissatisfied with Super and wanted to leave, but Toei had to provide him ideas for a new arc. By all the matters I think Toei is the great responsible of the franchise growth since 2013.

The source is right here. http://www.kanzenshuu.com/

Most recent article on the main site!

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:51 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
He didn’t have to do an anime though he could just do a manga like his Jaco and DB minus. The anime exists because of Toei and Bandai. The stories exist because of Toriyama. An anime/movie was never a guarantee or from Toriyama himself. They exist because Toei/Bandai want them to exist and make money.
The manga wasn't very popular as you would know and Toriyama struggled to do those 2 as well. He is over 60.

And , no. If toei and bandai could have made an anime on their own. they would have done it back 08 when they came to him

Toriyama's name is on everything in super. They are pushing his name hard. We just had an interview, where they literally said Toriyama is in charge and word is final. Now i don't believe that but it does show that toei is pushing his name.

No one is denying that toei and bandai are using dragon ball to make money but they have learned from their 2 failed series and there is a reason why super has lasted longer than GT and has sold more merch. Toriyama's name is that main reason.

Which means you can blame him for what you don't like about the show.