U7 2 upcoming eliminations !

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: U7 2 upcoming eliminations !

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Toei has surprised us many times in this arc, starting with Krillin being the first eliminated (something that NOBODY had predicted), and recently with Hit's premature elimination.

I too think it's gonna be either Piccolo or 18 though.
Well those were surprising for the wrong reasons. They were surprising because just throwing out characters that they've hyped as much as those two before they had the chance to do anything is just bad writing.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Kinokima wrote:I don’t want anyone to be eliminated but it better not be Vegeta if this arc isn’t ending until March

And no Vegeta has not done nearly enough in this arc that I think I am ready for him to be eliminated. He’s done nothing of importance. And he may still not but I still don’t want him eliminated.

I don’t care about the surprise factor or supposed tension.
True, Vegeta hasn't done anything of real importance, but he DOES have the most eliminations which is something. Everyone else in the tournament hasn't had an important moment in ALL OF DBS so they deserve that spotlight more. If Gohan can get the second biggest fight instead of Vegeta in this arc I might actually get some enjoyment out of this arc.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:29 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Kinokima wrote:I don’t want anyone to be eliminated but it better not be Vegeta if this arc isn’t ending until March

And no Vegeta has not done nearly enough in this arc that I think I am ready for him to be eliminated. He’s done nothing of importance. And he may still not but I still don’t want him eliminated.

True, Vegeta hasn't done anything of real importance, but he DOES have the most eliminations which is something. Everyone else in the tournament hasn't had an important moment in ALL OF DBS so they deserve that spotlight more. If Gohan can get the second biggest fight instead of Vegeta in this arc I might actually get some enjoyment out of this arc.

It's one of those things where I completely understand why other fans are frustrated and I definitely want other characters to get spotlight too and I think they deserve it. I just don't want Vegeta to be knocked out early, especially now that I hear the arc is lasting till March. It may be selfish on my part but I can't help that. And I hate the whole surprise/tension reason.

Although I would argue it's not really Vegeta in this arc stealing spotlight from other characters.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Probably 18 or Piccolo. My guess is 18 most likely. Since she's currently the weakest link in the chain right now, and that seems to be the pattern they're going with.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Kinokima wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:

It's one of those things where I completely understand why other fans are frustrated and I definitely want other characters to get spotlight too and I think they deserve it. I just don't want Vegeta to be knocked out early, especially now that I hear the arc is lasting till March. It may be selfish on my part but I can't help that. And I hate the whole surprise/tension reason.

Although I would argue it's not really Vegeta in this arc stealing spotlight from other characters.
The selfish aspect can definitely be applied to many people.

I would rather just have the current 7 just beat everyone left in the tournament until Jiren beats them all easily apart from Goku.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:55 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: True, Vegeta hasn't done anything of real importance, but he DOES have the most eliminations which is something. Everyone else in the tournament hasn't had an important moment in ALL OF DBS so they deserve that spotlight more. If Gohan can get the second biggest fight instead of Vegeta in this arc I might actually get some enjoyment out of this arc.

The selfish aspect can definitely be applied to many people.

I would rather just have the current 7 just beat everyone left in the tournament until Jiren beats them all easily apart from Goku.
That would be cool to see and really show Jiren's power compared to rest. It really hammers home that Goku is the only one that can beat him or be close.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:03 pm

So this is thread where everyone is worried their favourite character may get offed? I can sit here with my feet up knowing Goku is safe. :P As long as whoever get's knocked out is handled fairly well I won't be bothered, Roshi was handled well, the other two were handled fine, what I won't be okay is for eg. Piccolo getting eliminated cuz he saved Gohan.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So this is thread where everyone is worried their favourite character may get offed? I can sit here with my feet up knowing Goku is safe. :P As long as whoever get's knocked out is handled fairly well I won't be bothered, Roshi was handled well, the other two were handled fine, what I won't be okay is for eg. Piccolo getting eliminated cuz he saved Gohan.

LOL yeah Goku fans are the one group who don’t have to worry. But you can emphasize with the rest of us right :D

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So this is thread where everyone is worried their favourite character may get offed? I can sit here with my feet up knowing Goku is safe. :P As long as whoever get's knocked out is handled fairly well I won't be bothered, Roshi was handled well, the other two were handled fine, what I won't be okay is for eg. Piccolo getting eliminated cuz he saved Gohan.

LOL yeah Goku fans are the one group who don’t have to worry. But you can emphasize with the rest of us right :D

Oops that’s meant to be empathize lol

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Big Chief wrote:I think 18 might get eliminated in 117 or 118 as way for U2 to 'get back' at 17. Not sure how likely it is.

I think Piccolo will be the one eliminated in 119. I think he and Gohan will eliminate the U6 namekians, which will cause U6 to be erased. Damon and Gamisaras will notice that both U10's and U6's last two fighters were eliminated by Gohan and Piccolo and begin a surprise attack that will result in Piccolo begin eliminated.
This sounds safe enough that it'll probably happen. I wouldn't be upset if it did either.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Kagari wrote:
Big Chief wrote:I think 18 might get eliminated in 117 or 118 as way for U2 to 'get back' at 17. Not sure how likely it is.

I think Piccolo will be the one eliminated in 119. I think he and Gohan will eliminate the U6 namekians, which will cause U6 to be erased. Damon and Gamisaras will notice that both U10's and U6's last two fighters were eliminated by Gohan and Piccolo and begin a surprise attack that will result in Piccolo begin eliminated.
This sounds safe enough that it'll probably happen. I wouldn't be upset if it did either.
If a fighter from Universe 7 goes out it will be at the end of the episode so there will be no surprise attack. I say it is 18 gping out in episode 119 as she would have had enough screen time by then. Piccolo has not that much and will stay for many more episodes.

Now watch the fighter going down be Goku but he gets reinstated later becuase Damom and Gamisras get disqualified as they were technically not in the tournament as they were not put on the Godpad.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:21 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:

If a fighter from Universe 7 goes out it will be at the end of the episode so there will be no surprise attack. I say it is 18 gping out in episode 119 as she would have had enough screen time by then. Piccolo has not that much and will stay for many more episodes.

Now watch the fighter going down be Goku but he gets reinstated later becuase Damom and Gamisras get disqualified as they were technically not in the tournament as they were not put on the Godpad.
I meant that it would start as a surprise attack, my apologies, I should have specified.

If 18 makes it to 119, I agree that she will be the one eliminated.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Big Chief wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:

I meant that it would start as a surprise attack, my apologies, I should have specified.

18 being out in 117 would make it 10 episodes since the last U7 elimination. It's high time for more than one to happen.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Ilikepictures-meh wrote:I hope for a shocker elimination or Piccolo getting eliminated on his own. Both 17 & 18 should stick around for awhile longer. I want them fighting the twin bugs, some U3 fighters, and Dyspo before one or both gets eliminated. And mostly I want to see the "Sadistic Dance" combo again with hopefully some new combo/team work by the siblings.
18 is teaming up with 17 on ep 117 so her work and what she was promoted for would be basically done and i see her getting out then. Piccolo getting eliminated is not shocker at all since most are predicting he's next with 18.
Seems you have a problem with reading comprehension. Since it's not guaranteed we will get two U7 eliminations, I clearly stated I'm hoping for a shocker elimination or (Or is the key word here) a Piccolo elimination because I don't want either 18 or 17 to get eliminated just yet. Never said she wasn't going to get eliminated and never said Piccolo would be a shocking elimination. Just that I hope the siblings both last longer.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Toei has surprised us many times in this arc, starting with Krillin being the first eliminated (something that NOBODY had predicted), and recently with Hit's premature elimination.

I too think it's gonna be either Piccolo or 18 though.
Yeah not true at all.... If you thought Krillin was going to go far, you were delusional.

In the tournament of “power” it was always transparent that the first ones to go out would be all the humans. People (like the original poster) thought more screentime prior to the tournament equalled huge rolls in the tournament. Which is why everyone thought that Krillin was going to last awhile and Vegeta would leave early. That was a silly assessment seeing as how weak Krillin was and how powerful Vegeta is.

Unfortunately, I would have to agree with the OP that 18 might be the next one out. Not because of his silly reasoning though. It’s because I’m not sure they’re going to knock Piccolo out until after he’s finished interacting with U6 Namekians.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:51 am

Kinokima wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:

Well I find that Super doesn't really know how to focus on more than one or two characters at a time, so unless the show learns to write for a cast, then I'd simply prefer if someone else got something since Vegeta has the entire series pretty much. Personally I still think Vegeta not killing Frieza was one of the biggest most frustrating choices in all of modern Dragon Ball, but overall if I had the choice between Vegeta getting knocked out or anyone else on the team (other than Frieza) getting knocked out, I'd choose Vegeta. (Though I honestly want Frieza out more than ANYONE) So yeah, it's just a matter of if we have to sacrifice someone, I think Vegeta ain't the worst choice.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:39 am

Kagari wrote:
Big Chief wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

18 being out in 117 would make it 10 episodes since the last U7 elimination. It's high time for more than one to happen.
No one has to be eliminated when Jiren can knock them out when Jiren can just blow them away.

I don't like we have to knock out people just because Universr 7 needs their numbers reduced. Many of us just want to see characters we like fight and I hate it that Tien and Krillin are on the bench since it will be a really long time before we see them fight again.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:54 am

I'm not entirely sure where this 2 eliminations is coming from. We only know of the alleged one in 119. Did I miss another spoiler?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:55 am

Michsi wrote:I'm not entirely sure where this 2 eliminations is coming from. We only know of the alleged one in 119. Did I miss another spoiler?
Some think 18 is going out when she fights Universe 2 in episode 117.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:03 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:I'm not entirely sure where this 2 eliminations is coming from. We only know of the alleged one in 119. Did I miss another spoiler?
Some think 18 is going out when she fights Universe 2 in episode 117.
I guess that's possible, but I think it's odd to assume another elimination like that when only one is mentioned. Basically 119 treats it like a big deal, as in something that hasn't happened in a while. I feel like people add the 18 prediction for 117 just so that it makes more sense for Piccolo to be the one in 119 :lol: