Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:06 am

wjbraden wrote:
sangofe wrote:
wjbraden wrote: -France on unknown channel.
It's certainly not unknown. It's airing both on Toonami: censored and uncut versions, with pal speed up. And on nt1, uncut only, without pal speed up: https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-super-vf-nt1/
Sorry about that, I haven't updated the list for a long, long time. All information should be current now.
DBZ_Lee wrote:Anyone know if the Hebrew dub is still airing new episodes?.
Nick Israel is still airing reruns of the first 52 episodes, so not yet.

Also, I just wanted to point out that I'm keeping a list of all the international DB dubs in a spreadsheet that's open and editable for anyone, as long as they have this link: https://goo.gl/Zay3za . Feel free to check it out or fix anything that doesn't seem right!
That list is cool. Do you happen to collect dubs yourself ?

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 pm

sangofe wrote: That list is cool. Do you happen to collect dubs yourself ?
Yep, sure do. Not just for dragon ball either. I've got a ton of clips, dubbed openings and endings and other rare media on my hard drive that I've been collecting for the past decade or so. wow time sure does fly!
I guess you can thank Kei17 for my little hobby (really miss him and his insight, I wish he would come back to Kanzenshuu one day!)

One of these days I hope to upload it all somewhere and maybe start a blog or something about foreign dubs of anime around the world - if I ever get the time that is. For now, this DB list will have to suffice! :P
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:32 pm

wjbraden wrote:
sangofe wrote:
wjbraden wrote: -France on unknown channel.
It's certainly not unknown. It's airing both on Toonami: censored and uncut versions, with pal speed up. And on nt1, uncut only, without pal speed up: https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-super-vf-nt1/
Sorry about that, I haven't updated the list for a long, long time. All information should be current now.
DBZ_Lee wrote:Anyone know if the Hebrew dub is still airing new episodes?.
Nick Israel is still airing reruns of the first 52 episodes, so not yet.

Also, I just wanted to point out that I'm keeping a list of all the international DB dubs in a spreadsheet that's open and editable for anyone, as long as they have this link: https://goo.gl/Zay3za . Feel free to check it out or fix anything that doesn't seem right!
Thanks for the info, much appreciated, and keep up the awesome work.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:56 pm

wjbraden wrote: Also, I just wanted to point out that I'm keeping a list of all the international DB dubs in a spreadsheet that's open and editable for anyone, as long as they have this link: https://goo.gl/Zay3za . Feel free to check it out or fix anything that doesn't seem right!
Just sent you a request because I can't edit the sheet. I'll just add the production/airing dates of two dubs and a voice-over.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:08 am

Tian wrote:
wjbraden wrote: Also, I just wanted to point out that I'm keeping a list of all the international DB dubs in a spreadsheet that's open and editable for anyone, as long as they have this link: https://goo.gl/Zay3za . Feel free to check it out or fix anything that doesn't seem right!
Just sent you a request because I can't edit the sheet. I'll just add the production/airing dates of two dubs and a voice-over.
Whoops, sorry about that, Google Docs seems to do weird things to my stuff sometimes. Should be good to go now. :) And thanks for the contributions guys, keep 'em coming!
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:37 am

wjbraden wrote: Whoops, sorry about that, Google Docs seems to do weird things to my stuff sometimes. Should be good to go now. :) And thanks for the contributions guys, keep 'em coming!
1) You're welcome :)
2) About the Animax Eastern Europe section, I have something interesting to tell. The former Yugoslavian countries (Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia and Serbia) didn't have a proper Animax block. Every time Serbian Minimax ended its programming of the day, the Romanian version of Eastern Europe Animax block would take over the channel. Usually, after the switch, the signal went dark but there were times the Animax block aired without problems.

To sum it up, No serbo-croatian subbed GT because there wasn't Animax Serbia/Croatia, the Romanian version was used instead.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:09 am

wjbraden wrote:Also, I just wanted to point out that I'm keeping a list of all the international DB dubs in a spreadsheet that's open and editable for anyone, as long as they have this link: https://goo.gl/Zay3za . Feel free to check it out or fix anything that doesn't seem right!
I've edited and added some stuff on the Brazilian dubs.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:27 am

Tian wrote:
wjbraden wrote: Whoops, sorry about that, Google Docs seems to do weird things to my stuff sometimes. Should be good to go now. :) And thanks for the contributions guys, keep 'em coming!
1) You're welcome :)
2) About the Animax Eastern Europe section, I have something interesting to tell. The former Yugoslavian countries (Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia and Serbia) didn't have a proper Animax block. Every time Serbian Minimax ended its programming of the day, the Romanian version of Eastern Europe Animax block would take over the channel. Usually, after the switch, the signal went dark but there were times the Animax block aired without problems.

To sum it up, No serbo-croatian subbed GT because there wasn't Animax Serbia/Croatia, the Romanian version was used instead.
Yeah, I was a little uncertain about the whole eastern Europe Animax situation. I think I saw those particular territories listed on a press release from Toei, and I just cut and pasted it in the spreadsheet. Animax only aired GT there, right?

@Gregoryluis Thanks for the updates, with so many dubs, studio changes and whatnot, the Brazilian dubs are pretty convoluted.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:59 am

wjbraden wrote: Animax only aired GT there, right?
Yes, only GT. Maybe because it was the cheapest out of the three series.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by wjbraden » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi guys, I had the chance to update the list of territories Super has aired in. One thing to note is that the Korean dub is going to be the first dub to air the universal survival arc outside of Japan, starting tomorrow.

Dragon Ball Super has aired in the following international territories thus far: (UPDATED as of 3/6/2018)

-Taiwan: Formosa TV, Cartoon Network Taiwan (Toonami block Eps. 1-52 only) ~ Eps. 1-76+
-South East Asia (Bang Zoom English dub): Toonami Asia, Cartoon Network India (Toonami Block) ~ Eps.1-27
-South Korea: Champ, Anione, Anibox ~ Eps. 1-77+
-France: Toonami France (censored for daytime airings, uncensored for nightly airings), NT1 ~ Eps.1-67+
-Portugal: SIC , SIC K, SIC Radical ~ Eps. 1~60+
-Israel: Nickelodeon Israel ~ Eps. 1-76
-United States: Cartoon Network (on Adult Swim/Toonami Block) ~ Eps. 1-54+
-Thailand: TNT Thailand (Toonami Block) ~ Eps.1-26
-Germany: Prosieban Maxx ~ Eps. 1-52
-Spain: Boing (Castilian dub) ~ Eps. 1-67 (Catalonian and Galecian dubs unconfirmed as of yet, but are likely on their way in the near future)
-Latin America: Cartoon Network LA, Canal 5 Mexico ~ Eps. 1-67
-Brazil: Cartoon Network Brazil ~ Eps. 1-67
-Toonami Africa (Edited Funimation dub) : ~ Eps. 1-26?
-Romania, Moldova: AXN Black ~ Eps. 1-?
-Hungary: Viasat6 ~ Eps. 1-?
-Hong Kong: ViuTV ~ Coming soon? (Original Japanese version streaming online currently)

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Awesome thread. How about adding the airdates as well?

China (July 1, 2016)
Israel (September 1, 2016)
Korea (September 19, 2016)
Portugal (September 24, 2016)
Italia (December 23, 2016)
USA (January 7, 2017)
France (January 17, 2017)
Asia (English dub) (January 21, 2017)
Spain (February 20, 2017)
Thailand (May 7, 2017)
Latin America (August 5, 2017)
Brazil (August 5, 2017)
Germany (September 4, 2017)
Hong Kong (January 12, 2018)

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:59 pm

When did the Hebrew dub start back up? Last I heard they stopped at 52.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Goku98
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goku98 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:00 pm

wjbraden wrote:Hi guys, I had the chance to update the list of territories Super has aired in. One thing to note is that the Korean dub is going to be the first dub to air the universal survival arc outside of Japan, starting tomorrow.

Dragon Ball Super has aired in the following international territories thus far: (UPDATED as of 3/6/2018)

-Taiwan: Formosa TV, Cartoon Network Taiwan (Toonami block Eps. 1-52 only) ~ Eps. 1-76+
-South East Asia (Bang Zoom English dub): Toonami Asia, Cartoon Network India (Toonami Block) ~ Eps.1-27
-France: Toonami France (censored for daytime airings, uncensored for nightly airings), NT1 ~ Eps.1-67+
-Spain: Boing (Castilian dub) ~ Eps. 1-67 (Catalonian and Galecian dubs unconfirmed as of yet, but are likely on their way in the near future)
-Hong Kong: ViuTV ~ Coming soon? (Original Japanese version streaming online currently)
You forgot the Italian one. Now it stopped at episode 76

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:19 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:When did the Hebrew dub start back up? Last I heard they stopped at 52.
Nick Israel aired season 3 last month.

@Goku98, Oops, sorry about that. I could have sworn I had the Italian dub on the list, but maybe I accidentally deleted it when I was updating. It's fixed now.

Also, I take it back, the Taiwanese dub is up to episode 88, so the Korean dub wasn't the first to air the universal survival arc. Also, the Korean dub didn't dub Limit Breaker x Survivor, they decided to keep their dubbed version of opening 1.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:15 am

wjbraden wrote:Hi guys, I had the chance to update the list of territories Super has aired in. One thing to note is that the Korean dub is going to be the first dub to air the universal survival arc outside of Japan, starting tomorrow.

You can add subbed next to Romania and Moldova.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:26 pm

^ Fixed and updated in the first post.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:28 pm

wjbraden wrote:-South East Asia (Bang Zoom English dub): Toonami Asia (From December 17, 2016), Cartoon Network India (Toonami Block), Toonami India ~ Eps.1-27
January 21, 2017

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:58 pm

^ That's when it officially starting airing on Toonami on a regular basis, but there was a preview showing that aired about a month before.