Super Episode 115 (12 November 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Episode 115 (12 November 2017)

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:19 am

I can't believe this shit is gonna last 4 episodes, THIS is gonna be one of the longest Super fights?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:23 am

The Monkey King wrote:SSJ Kefla's physique should be the standard body type for the U6 base saiyans.

Just having some muscle and definition makes all the difference in terms of appeal and fantasy realism.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I actually like the thin build, its a nice change from the hulking super saiyan children we had in Z. I think it's great as a base, but they should have some slight increase in definition as they go up the forms

Though I also love Kale's forms and her shredded powerlifter physique.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:41 am

majinwarman wrote:I thought the episode was cool and just love when the gods were going to decide to let their warriors fuse or not. I believe the animation was good and believe that next episode's will be better. I love the ending with ultra instinct coming back. I just love this arc and I love the feeling of just wondering about what will happen next. I don't care about others think but I just loving it right now. Rating: 7 out of 10
7/10 is about right for this episode, it was entertaining and I wasn't bored but it's certainly not the best episode ever.

I'm also enjoying this arc quite a bit too, even more than the Trunks arc to be honest.

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:49 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:Things to take away from this episode:
19 minutes left of the tournament...
Goku:
- Goku is "fatigued" - remember this
- Goku can go Blue, one of his most draining forms despite being 'fatigued' from his fight with Jiren
- He follows this up with Blue with KaioKen (what multiplier no-one knows anymore, could be x10, could be x20) and he's still 'tired'
- He then gets one-shotted by SSBerserker or SS Kafla, and transforms into UI, for what reason? Is Kafla near Jiren levels? or is this another episode of let's just shoehorn in transformations because....logic.
- oh and Jiren's woken up from his meditative state

Side characters:
- random announcer dude at the start, I wasn't sure about that but let's roll with it :lol:
- Vegeta was badass, didn't really seem fazed by Toppo that fight, got out of the bearhug easily and was still focused on Goku :lol:
- Base Gohan to the rescue again with a sweet Masenko! :clap:
- Namekian arms and spare-glove-jutsu :lol:
- 18 injured her leg, gets saved by 17, nice nice
- Frieza likes watching Saiyans fighting, cool cool..
- all these scenes were about less than 3/4 minutes

Overall: 6/10
Clothes beam returns GG
Oh, I'm betting on it :lol:

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:51 am

ekrolo2 wrote:I can't believe this shit is gonna last 4 episodes, THIS is gonna be one of the longest Super fights?
The worst thing about this fight is, its not going to lead into anything. At the end of it, Goku's just going to go back to being tired and "vulnerable" like he 4 episodes ago. That means we're probably going to have to repeat this whole recover bullshit all over again.

This the basic narrative equivalent of the multiple incursions to the future in the sense one of those times probably could have been skipped. Instead of going to the future too many times, its instead Goku getting his stupid third wind.
Last edited by JazzMazz on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:29 am

Pretty much what i expected when i saw the preview, a meh episode. Simply ok, it didn't reach the levels of #106 of boring thought. It was nice seeing 17 again, and i as i said before, i'm really starting to like him.

Gohan breaking one of the U6 namekian's arm was....... not impressive at all, at this point this is just a running gag.

I liked how it was stated multile times that Goku was tired. Now people can relax about the power scale just for a bit (jeez).

Seeing UI again gave me goosebumps, plus the ost is amazing. Definitely the highlight of the episode.

NEP looks promising, i'm looking forward for it.

Edit:

Please, Kefla, just for the sanity of this fanbase, don't go ssj blue, you already have a good looking ssj green, keep it there.
Last edited by dbs fanboy on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:29 am

JazzMazz wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I can't believe this shit is gonna last 4 episodes, THIS is gonna be one of the longest Super fights?
The worst thing about this fight is, its not going to lead into anything. At the end of it, Goku's just going to go back to being tired and "vulnerable" like he 4 episodes ago. That means we're probably going to have to repeat this whole recover bullshit all over again.
It will lead into Goku learning something that will allow him to sustain it longer against Jiren.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:30 am

Android 35? Wow xD
I liked this episode, expecially for the ideas about fusion and goku KK.
So no kefla ss3? She seems to be in "legendary form" in the next episode.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:36 am

Simere wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
It will lead into Goku learning something that will allow him to sustain it longer against Jiren.
But what if it doesn't? What if its just him re-achieving the form/state to beat an opponent just to show he can?

Narratively, I think it would make far more sense if the fight against Kelfa happened way down the line, you could have had all the universe 2,3 and 4 stuff happen between Goku slowly recovering before facing her. The re-introduction of UI could have then lead into the final act of the tournament and battle with Jiren.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:42 am

Simere wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
I think that this will probably be the point in which Goku will be out for some time, and the others will shine. It makes sense, Goku has just fought the strongest character in the ToP (so far), and after that he fought a god damn fusion, having to use kaioken while being tired.

Also, he really doesn't have any other rival to face as Jiren will only fight him once he's a threat and Kefla will probably drop out our ended up being out of commision as well.

dbgtFO wrote:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 am

Honestly, I just enjoy Super in general. While I agree it wasn't as strong as the last episode, I definitely enjoyed this one.

The fact that the gods and eliminated team members spectating are providing the audience surrogate is always fun to see, because they point out what the audience often points out and provide an opportunity to address these comments directly.

I always like episodes in this tournament that cut to the other fights. It's nice to see what the other members of Team Universe 7 are up to. Also, I just find it funny how Namekians are this show's kid-friendly dismemberment dummies :lol:

And I quite liked the fight between Goku and Kefla. When Ultra Instinct Goku reemerged, I was quivering in my chair and shivering. Though it may also be because it's getting a lot colder here, who knows?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:48 am

dbs fanboy wrote:
Simere wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: The worst thing about this fight is, its not going to lead into anything. At the end of it, Goku's just going to go back to being tired and "vulnerable" like he 4 episodes ago. That means we're probably going to have to repeat this whole recover bullshit all over again.
I think that this will probably be the point in which Goku will be out for some time, and the others will shine. It makes sense, Goku has just fought the strongest character in the ToP (so far), and after that he fought a god damn fusion, having to use kaioken while being tired.

Also, he really doesn't have any other rival to face as Jiren will only fight him once he's a threat and Kefla will probably drop out our ended up being out of commision as well.
That feels really redundant though. We already had a perfect way to get Goku out if the story really needs him to be, having him fight for 5 episodes just to get tired again reeks of the Black arcs bullshit of having them travel back and forth 3 times when it should've just been 2.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:49 am

Apart from the last few minutes, which were awesome because Ultra Instinct is awesome, this episode was incredibly average. I like how Toshio's episodes have a better feeling of the battle royale, so that was definitely a plus. The art was mostly good, except for a few Kitano's drawings that popped out. Although there wasn't much animation.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:00 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
Simere wrote: It will lead into Goku learning something that will allow him to sustain it longer against Jiren.

That feels really redundant though. We already had a perfect way to get Goku out if the story really needs him to be, having him fight for 5 episodes just to get tired again reeks of the Black arcs bullshit of having them travel back and forth 3 times when it should've just been 2.
Yeah, that's true. Thought, if Kefla is gone in the next episode it'll be worth it for me, not because i dislike her, but because it's clear that she won't be able to defeat UI Goku and as her only goal was to defeat him, i don't see any point in having her around once that's done. Honestly it would have been much better, if the fight against U6 saiyans ended in ep 114 with Goku and the women deciding to team up and then going off screen. But hey Super decided to go with an all out fight, so now that's all it can be done.

dbgtFO wrote:

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:02 am

Nasty kick to the neck Kefla did, no wonder she knocked Goku out if you add in the low stamina.

Well, i hope Kefla puts up a fight vs UI atleast. Since she is a fusion of 2 very powerful fighters she should be third strongest in the ToP, behind Jiren and UI Goku. If not, her fusing is a waste of time, and Hit got disqualified for nothing.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:21 am

buutenks wrote:Nasty kick to the neck Kefla did, no wonder she knocked Goku out if you add in the low stamina.

Well, i hope Kefla puts up a fight vs UI atleast. Since she is a fusion of 2 very powerful fighters she should be third strongest in the ToP, behind Jiren and UI Goku. If not, her fusing is a waste of time, and Hit got disqualified for nothing.
Stop it, you're going to end up making me root for them in their fight. Poor Hit.

dbgtFO wrote:

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:35 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Simere wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: The worst thing about this fight is, its not going to lead into anything. At the end of it, Goku's just going to go back to being tired and "vulnerable" like he 4 episodes ago. That means we're probably going to have to repeat this whole recover bullshit all over again.
But what if it doesn't? What if its just him re-achieving the form/state to beat an opponent just to show he can?
If it doesn't, then let's all be sure to forget I ever said otherwise. :P
Narratively, I think it would make far more sense if the fight against Kelfa happened way down the line, you could have had all the universe 2,3 and 4 stuff happen between Goku slowly recovering before facing her. The re-introduction of UI could have then lead into the final act of the tournament and battle with Jiren.
Doing it that way is arguably better if you're only thinking about leading back into Jiren, but I don't know that it would be as good for Caulifla and Kale. I liked their fight preceding Kafla, particularly 113, and I don't know if it would be the same, or better, under a different context—Goku having full stamina, less time and enemies remaining.
Last edited by Simere on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:35 am

Well thatt's official, I'm a complete sucker for Ultra Instinct, forgot any critic I may have had after seeing it again lol

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:44 am

And thus, Super ends it's streak of good episodes. Twas fun while it lasted I guess. Hopefully a new streak begins next week.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:47 am

Artorias wrote:And thus, Super ends it's streak of good episodes. Twas fun while it lasted I guess. Hopefully a new streak begins next week.
Its a damn shame as well. This episode could have been really good if the direction was properly handled the and the animation wasn't mostly done by Kitano.