Worst possible episode you've seen in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Worst possible episode you've seen in Super?

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:25 pm

All the retellings of the movies (except episode 2) and all the fillers, mainly that Copy Vegeta thing. :sick: Damn I wish I could forget those stuff. Some of the recruitment episodes were also pretty bad.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Oh so many episode I didn't like so here my list
    1-Episode 89,This is by far the worst episode IMO,The writer didn't really care for Tien and the scene where roshi do his antic to yurin was uncomfortable.
      2-Episode 22,REALLY GINYU! you wasted a potentially interesting character with a stupid gag.
        3-Episode 24,One of the worst fight in dragon ball even worse than ep 5.
          4-Episode 30,It's a fucking clip show.
            5-Episode 4,Boring and it make me hate the pilaf gang even more.
              6-Episode 100,I hate this episode it was badly written and the broly homage was awful.
                7-Episode 68,Really boring.
                  8-Episode 64,It was stupid and confusing at the same time.
                    9-Episode 106,Piccolo stop being a human shield to gohan for crying out loud and the scene where tien try to find hermila was really stupid.

Bullza
                    Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:03 pm

The worst episode was the recap episode because it was 80% other episodes.

dbs fanboy
                    Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Either ep 64 (Mafuba was 100% ruined) or ep 89? (an episode that trashed Tien and made him look like a fool that shouldn't even be on the tournament)

EDIT:
                    I guess i can also put ep 22 on the list. They really shouldn't have ruined Tagoma :roll:
                    I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Zagacious
                    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:52 pm

The ending of the Future Trunks arc, however many episodes that lasted. It's not just that Future Trunks got a huge BS powerup, but there was zero build up and logic or emotion behind it, it just happened out of nowhere then Zamasu in the sky and everything it just seem extremely rushed and reminded me of fan fiction.

Almost the entire recruitment arc since barely anything happened of significance it was practically like one big episode, until Goku revived Frieza there was almost zero point to any of these episodes, not adding character , nothing. Rewatching it again the second time through I realize these episodes are actually entirely pointless except for the Android and Frieza ones.

Episode 109 considering it was supposed to be part of the special and barely anything happened until 110, kind of felt like a slap in the face after they promote the "One hour special!!!!" all over the place and then give this episode where nothing even happens until the very end of 109.

There's many episodes that are also so pointless they are basically filler, but I won't include those.
                    Last edited by Zagacious on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Vados_chan
                    Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Episode 109 and 110

SaiyanZ
                    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:56 pm

Maybe the Copy-Vegeta eps. Zamasu arc eps after Black was revealed to be Zamasu are pretty bad too. Mmmm, basically anything written by Atushiro Tomioka is a strong contender as far as I'm concerned. Latest ep was also considered by me but I decided against it since Yuya Takahashi is awesome and so is Katopesla.
                    Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

majinwarman
                    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Vados_chan wrote:Episode 109 and 110
                    Please explain why.
                    Majinwarman
                    So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
                    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Vados_chan
                    Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:05 pm

majinwarman wrote:
                    Please explain why.
                    Because i hate Jiren and i don't care for Ultra Instinct

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Vados_chan wrote:
                    majinwarman wrote:
                    Please explain why.
                    Because i hate Jiren and i don't care for Ultra Instinct
                    Why don't you like Ultra Instinct?
                    Majinwarman
                    So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
                    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragon Ball Gus
                    Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:33 pm

Episodes 8 and 30. They bore the fuck outta me! Who the fuck asked for an entire fucking episode about rock paper scissors, and a fucking clip show three episodes into the fucking arc?!?!?!? Wow, I never typed "fuck" this much, ever.
                    Caulifla best girl! :)

Tombstone1988
                    Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:05 am

Spider-Man wrote:Oh so many episode I didn't like so here my list
                      1-Episode 89,This is by far the worst episode IMO,The writer didn't really care for Tien and the scene where roshi do his antic to yurin was uncomfortable.
                        2-Episode 22,REALLY GINYU! you wasted a potentially interesting character with a stupid gag.
                                6-Episode 100,I hate this episode it was badly written and the broly homage was awful.
                                      9-Episode 106,Piccolo stop being a human shield to gohan for crying out loud and the scene where tien try to find hermila was really stupid.
                                      Swap episode 106 for episode 8 and this would be my list of the worst episodes of Super.

In terms of which I dislike the most, I'd say either episode 89 or episode 30. Both are really, really bad.
                                      "If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
                                      (Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

DHM211
                                      Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:34 am

Episode 24 - Worst looking episode I've ever seen across any of the series. At least Uchiyama's episodes were generally fluid. This episode looked like crap in terms of art and the animation wasn't good either.

TheShadowEmperor8055
                                      Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:44 am

Episodes 5 and 24 for their art. My God. That was enough to make a person's eyes bleed.

The entirety of the Copy-Vegeta arc just felt like GT all over again. You could have just given us SSB Goku vs SSB Vegeta.

The Arale episode. Really just didn't get the point of that dumb shit.

The episodes after the two Zamasus fused. SSB Vegetto was great, Trunks finishing the deal was great, but how Super went about those moments was sheer stupidity. That was one of the best arcs in all of DB history (still is) and the best arc of Super by far until those last episodes of bullshit.

The RoF arc in its entirety. And most of the BoG arc.

God, there's a lot. And the fact that I do not remember episode 30 much like many are lambasting shows how forgettable that one was.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:58 am

You are joking, correct?

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:06 am

JazzMazz wrote:
                                      TekTheNinja wrote:Either the episode where Piccolo loses to Frost in the Universe 6 tournament or the episode in the Tournament of Power where Tenshinhan pretty much ties with that sniper dude. Both are episodes that claim to showcase the talents of two of my favorite characters for once in the series, but instead make those characters look incompetent and useless, and are sadly probably the most focus this show will ever give them. The Hit vs Jiren episode was a disappointment since Hit underperformed in the ToP, but wasn't as bad as these two because it at least showed Hit to be a good strong competent character who only lost because Jiren is an overpowered pile of garbage.Hit wasn't made a complete fool of.

Most would expect answers like the really bad Resurrection F arc episodes but at least those are tolerable because I can laugh at them. The ones I chose as worst I consider the worst because they make me actually angry at the show and its writers. The Copy Vegeta episodes are awful, but those even somehow manage to make me angry, yet make me laugh at the same time so I don't even consider those as bad as the episodes I hate the most.
                                      I can totally get behind the Tien episode, but I'm really not sure why the Piccolo one is up there. Outside of him backing down to Vegeta, I thought he had a relatively good showing that episode by almost winning a fight against an opponent he was told he had no chance against. He forced Frost to cheat to ensure his victory, which is more than I can say for the manga's interpretation of the fight.
                                      Everyone on his own team treated him like garbage. He got the weakened second hand scrap of the universe 6 team as his opponent and still lost. Then after piccolo wins because of Frosts cheating, he backs down to Vegeta and lets him get his petty revenge or whatever. Vegeta proceeds to straight up one shot him. Hell, if Piccolo was the one to realize that Frost was cheating than that would have been something, but no. Piccolo got NOTHING. It also doesn't help that this was the very episode I realized that DBS was 'The Goku and Vegeta Show' and everyone else would always be treated like shit. that was like episode 34 or something along those lines and now we're all the way up to episode 115 and that has held (mostly) true. With that, the episode leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.

IGhostUlt
                                      Beyond Newbie

Post by IGhostUlt » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:36 am

Episode 69 takes the cake for the worst episode

Spider-Man
                                      Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:43 am

Tombstone1988 wrote:
                                      Spider-Man wrote:Oh so many episode I didn't like so here my list
                                                        Swap episode 106 for episode 8 and this would be my list of the worst episodes of Super.

In terms of which I dislike the most, I'd say either episode 89 or episode 30. Both are really, really bad.
                                                        Oh I forgot to add ep 8 in my list and that episode really suck.

Neo-Makaiōshin
                                                        I Live Here
                                                        Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:52 am

Episode 24 (or was it 25?), the worst looking episode of the Resurection F arc, as well as being a terrible slog to watch.
                                                        Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Torturephile
                                                        Regular
                                                        Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by Torturephile » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:43 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Episode 24 (or was it 25?), the worst looking episode of the Resurection F arc, as well as being a terrible slog to watch.
                                                        Both were bad, but 24 is worse and consistently bad. 25 had good art in the first half.
                                                        From Super episode 113 thread:
                                                        MaskedRider wrote:
                                                        Torturephile wrote:
                                                        hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
                                                        namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
                                                        The fandom in a nutshell.
                                                        The duality of man.