"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TKA
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TKA » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:38 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
TKA wrote:Or better yet, just SSGod since it was established as being very efficient, while still packing a punch. THAT shows progression and the characters being smart. I don't need the fanservice.
If that was the case, they wouldn't have removed the base with God power state from the story. But either way, it makes perfect sense for Goku & Vegeta to keep using the SS/2/3 forms on weaker opponents instead of easily beating them with SSG/B, since they prefer to challenge themselves & have a fun fight.
Eeeeexcept no.

God was established, in the manga, as being a form that made you much stronger but was also sustainable. Did you miss when Vegeta fought Black with it?

Further, this is a common misconception. Vegeta doesn't care about a "fun" fight. His character is that he wants to be the most powerful. He gets into fights to win, not to challenge himself. Challenging one's self against stronger opponents is Goku's trait, and there is no challenge in lowering yourself to an opponent's level.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Theophrastus
Regular

Post by Theophrastus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Super volume 4 sold an additional 66,856 copies in its second week on the charts, bringing its current total up to 217,745 copies sold.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:09 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Meshack wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: I prefer how it was in the Champa arc
Base, SS, SSB. No need for all the other transformations
But what if someone is stronger than Super Saiyan but not worthy of God or Blue? Should Gokuh or Vegeta waste their power on someone who doesn’t need it? Super Saiyan 2 and 3 were not used during the 6th Universe Arc because it was unneeded. Gokuh was too much for Frost as a Super Saiyan, Vegeta didn’t need Super Saiyan for Magetta or Cabbe. Blue was only needed because of Hit. Hit was the only threat there. In the manga, Gokuh even asks Vegeta why he went Super Saiyan against Cabbe, meaning he could have beaten him in his normal form.
It wouldn't be wasting power. If SS isn't enough, then you go Blue and one shot.
That’s... dumb.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:32 am

Meshack wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Meshack wrote: But what if someone is stronger than Super Saiyan but not worthy of God or Blue? Should Gokuh or Vegeta waste their power on someone who doesn’t need it? Super Saiyan 2 and 3 were not used during the 6th Universe Arc because it was unneeded. Gokuh was too much for Frost as a Super Saiyan, Vegeta didn’t need Super Saiyan for Magetta or Cabbe. Blue was only needed because of Hit. Hit was the only threat there. In the manga, Gokuh even asks Vegeta why he went Super Saiyan against Cabbe, meaning he could have beaten him in his normal form.
It wouldn't be wasting power. If SS isn't enough, then you go Blue and one shot.
That’s... dumb.
How is it dumb when that's exactly how the fights worked before DBS? Get outta here lmao.
Hell he even does this in DBS itself, when he fought Ribrianne, he went Blue to one shot her when Base wasn't enough
And Caulifla, he went to GoD when he couldn't do the job with his SS

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:45 am

Dragon Ball Super V Jump January Issue: Toyotaro's Idea. Jiren's reason to fight is...

"I'll be losing this time as well (laughs)
Can you really say that life is fair? (laughs)
It will be different from the anime version
I'll shed just a little bit of light on Jiren's secret

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/9 ... 2881197056

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:52 am

OLKv3 wrote:Dragon Ball Super V Jump January Issue: Toyotaro's Idea. Jiren's reason to fight is...

Pretty sure he's joking.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:57 am

So whatever Jiren's secret is, it won't apply to his Anime version? Weird... :think:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:40 am

Xeogran wrote:So whatever Jiren's secret is, it won't apply to his Anime version? Weird... :think:
The manga has been very different since Trunks' arc so this isn't surprising at all. Maybe in the anime he's just a strong guy while the manga will give him more backstory.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:43 am

Xeogran wrote:So whatever Jiren's secret is, it won't apply to his Anime version? Weird... :think:
That's not what it's saying. He's saying the leadup to the ToP will be handled differently in the manga compared to the anime.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:45 am

OLKv3 wrote:That's not what it's saying. He's saying the leadup to the ToP will be handled differently in the manga compared to the anime.
One of the things I'm interested in is how they handle Gohan and his mystic form. The anime like always, made 0 sense with it as he went from barely being able to go Ssj to mystic in a day or so.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:49 am

sintzu wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:That's not what it's saying. He's saying the leadup to the ToP will be handled differently in the manga compared to the anime.
One of the things I'm interested in is how they handle Gohan and his mystic form. The anime like always, made 0 sense with it as he went from barely being able to go Ssj to mystic in a day or so.
well, in the manga Gohan has already began training in the gravity room at Bulma's, so I guess he's a little stronger than what he was in the anime at the beginning of the new arc.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:52 am

IM21 wrote:well, in the manga Gohan has already began training in the gravity room at Bulma's, so I guess he's a little stronger than what he was in the anime at the beginning of the new arc.
What chapter is that in ? I do remember vaguely something like that now that you mention it.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:54 am

sintzu wrote:
IM21 wrote:well, in the manga Gohan has already began training in the gravity room at Bulma's, so I guess he's a little stronger than what he was in the anime at the beginning of the new arc.
What chapter is that in ? I do remember vaguely something like that now that you mention it.
Extra chapter when Trunks meets Gohan I think, it should be in Vol.5

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:00 am

mute_proxy wrote:Extra chapter when Trunks meets Gohan I think, it should be in Vol.5
I know what you're talking about now. Hopefully he'll move onto the ROSAT by the time Goku goes to get him for the tournament.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:01 am

sintzu wrote:
It's the extra chapter. 2 or 4 pages. It's when Trunks and Mai are deciding to stay in the present but after the talk with Gohan (who came to train) Trunks decides to go back to the future. It should be added to volume 5.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 am

sintzu wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Extra chapter when Trunks meets Gohan I think, it should be in Vol.5
I know what you're talking about now. Hopefully he'll move onto the ROSAT by the time Goku goes to get him for the tournament.
Which chapter exactly are you guys referring to?

I'm looking for it on VIZ.
sintzu wrote:
It was a character moment about Gohan realizing the flaws and overcoming the uncertainty in himself.

It was pretty obvious thats what they were going for. They weren't exactly subtle about it. The direction was a pretty obvious give away thats what they were going for.
Last edited by JazzMazz on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:05 am

JazzMazz wrote:
sintzu wrote:

you won't find it there. It's not in the manga yet. I think Herms posted those pages a while back.

Here you go.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/888702424780689408

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 am

IM21 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
sintzu wrote:

you won't find it there. It's not in the manga yet. I think Herms posted those pages a while back.

Here you go.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/888702424780689408
Thanks mate.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 am

After reaing peoples comments hear it seems that it was both a joke and news :problem:
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:55 am

OLKv3 wrote:Dragon Ball Super V Jump January Issue: Toyotaro's Idea. Jiren's reason to fight is...

Good gracious! The literal VERY THING I've been complaining about Jiren and Toyotaro may fix it once again! Please do it justice.

I've been complaining that Jiren as a character had no explicit reasons or motivations to be as strong as he was when compared to the rest of his universe. Sounds like there are actually going to give him a reason for hitting the gym!

actually we have no idea what this is so I guess I need to wait before getting too excited.