"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:59 am

17 fought Ribrianne while 18 hasn't fought any of them. Which makes it strange that 18 will be fighting Ribrianne, I feel like there's still beef between 17 and her that is yet to be resolved.

Maybe Ribrianne's new form will beat 18, which causes 17 to actually take her seriously.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:01 am

Big Chief wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:If Zirloin is fodder I'm gonna be pissed. Fuck how this show is wasting cool designs.
I agree.

Out of all my favorite designs this arc, most of them have been fodder: Vikal, Majora, Nigrisshi, Maji Kayo and possibly Zirloin depending on how next episode goes.

If Zirloin goes, that means Katopesla was the least wasted character with a design I like, and that's mainly because he's a gag character.
Theoretically they can make Katopesla even stronger now because he could have a few extra modes under his belt. But this show will probably toss him in the trash like all other fodder.

It sucks because majority of the universe 7 cast hasn't had a fight the pushes them to their limits. All 17 does is sandbag, why not make Katopesla his big fight? It'd be a perfect match up, since Katopesla has a robotic suit and 17 is a cyborg. And what about Zirloin and Frieza? Is Frieza's only big fight gonna be Jiren or Toppo? At least have Zirloin force him to Golden,. Universe 2's kai bragged about power, so why are majority of their fighters weaker than Base Goku? At least make Zirloin strong if not anyone else.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:04 am

Gotta say, the last minutes of 116 kinda make me lean towards U6 being erased next, not U2. Especially since it's seriously hinted at that Ribrianne has a new form, which I don't see 18 defeating.
We'll get summary for 118 this week, right?

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:17 am

Michsi wrote:Gotta say, the last minutes of 116 kinda make me lean towards U6 being erased next, not U2. Especially since it's seriously hinted at that Ribrianne has a new form, which I don't see 18 defeating.
For this specific circumstance, I hope they don't reveal the summary for 118 and have us just watch the episode to find out. It would be great suspense. I've been on the fence with this for a while.

I think universe two has overstayed their welcome. Ribrianne outlasting people like Hit has made this tournament very unpredictable. Their debut episode in the tournament where half the episode was them doing their sailor moon like transformations which could have been done in half that time was not a good first impression, and they haven't done anything substantially noteworthy since.

With that being said, universe six is in big trouble and many people are overlooking the Namekians because they haven't been promoted much, and they don't appear to be big enough threats to the big guns in the tournament. They would have to strategize to survive, and once they are gone, and I hate to say it, Piccolo's insurance will expire and he will be joining the humans in the stands not long after. Just my opinion.

I want universe two gone but I just don't see it. Goku is weakened and 17 will have his hands full with Ribrianne, let alone the rest of the universe two fighters that 18 likely won't be able to overcome.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:25 am

I got two questions
What is this ultra instinct "omen" everyone keeps taking about, what is this omen and why is it so important to always keep it in quotes?

Do we have any information on which Universe is going next? Any hint will do as well..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 am

Michsi wrote:Gotta say, the last minutes of 116 kinda make me lean towards U6 being erased next, not U2. Especially since it's seriously hinted at that Ribrianne has a new form, which I don't see 18 defeating.
Ribrianne gets a new form after the rest of her team is knocked out in episode 117 and then she could fight Andorid 17 at full power and then lose in episode 118.

Piccolo and Gohan vs Saonel and Pilina has stopped just like Vegeta vs Toppo.

I don't understand why they would have a random episode focusing on Universe 2 inbetween all the Universe 6 stuff.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:31 am

omaro34 wrote:
For this specific circumstance, I hope they don't reveal the summary for 118 and have us just watch the episode to find out. It would be great suspense. I've been on the fence with this for a while.

I think universe two has overstayed their welcome. Ribrianne outlasting people like Hit has made this tournament very unpredictable. Their debut episode in the tournament where half the episode was them doing their sailor moon like transformations which could have been done in half that time was not a good first impression, and they haven't done anything substantially noteworthy since.

With that being said, universe six is in big trouble and many people are overlooking the Namekians because they haven't been promoted much, and they don't appear to be big enough threats to the big guns in the tournament. They would have to strategize to survive, and once they are gone, and I hate to say it, Piccolo's insurance will expire and he will be joining the humans in the stands not long after. Just my opinion.

I want universe two gone but I just don't see it. Goku is weakened and 17 will have his hands full with Ribrianne, let alone the rest of the universe two fighters that 18 likely won't be able to overcome.
The reason I want to see the summaries is because I'm tired of being on the fence, and if Piccolo does end up going in 119 I want my heart to be prepared for it :lol:
I too hoped the namekians would end up being the dark horse of U6, but I never expected them to be, so if a really decent fight is all we get from them then consider me marginally content. Apparently 118 has a really good part of the staff working on it, so there's that.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ribrianne gets a new form after the rest of her team is knocked out in episode 117 and then she could fight Andorid 17 at full power and then lose in episode 118.

I don't understand why they would have a random episode focusing on Universe 2 inbetween all the Universe 6 stuff.
The focus is all over the place, it wouldn't be so strange to have them crisscross scenes constantly. Considering Goku is spent again, it makes sense that someone would want to have a shot at him.
Last edited by Michsi on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:33 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:

It will be interesting why they go from U6 to U2 then back to U6, but it feels similar to Master Roshi's story, 105 was all about him, he took a break in 106 to gain his strength and then he finished his story in 107, so they have done that ping-pong back and fourth before.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:39 am

I feel the only Universe that can give drama right now and give meaning to that title for 118 is U6. We will find some maybe something by this Thursday or sooner, but I doubt it very much it is U2 cause if Brianne is getting a new form, she will be at a Mega Level of Power and they will want to tell that story for more then 1 episode toei.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:44 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I got two questions
What is this ultra instinct "omen" everyone keeps taking about, what is this omen and why is it so important to always keep it in quotes?
Because Goku's UI isnt complete yet, like Whis said he hasnt perfected it since he still thinks how to attack.. his UI now is basically just a sign of whats to come in the future, the "omen" part came from a DBH card referring to his form as "Ultra Instinct Omen"
Do we have any information on which Universe is going next? Any hint will do as well..
Not much of a hint, just that a universe goes poof, could be U6 or U2, hell it could be both of them but with brianne seemingly powering up in her base form in the NEP it could just be U6 going byebye.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:45 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

It will be interesting why they go from U6 to U2 then back to U6, but it feels similar to Master Roshi's story, 105 was all about him, he took a break in 106 to gain his strength and then he finished his story in 107, so they have done that ping-pong back and fourth before.
If Ribrianne gets a new power up at the end of episode 117 then surely episode 118 has to be about Ribrianne.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:50 am

Well as far as hints go we have 3 U2 members fighting Goku next episode and Ribrianne and Rozie are in close proximity with 17 so....
On top of that the U6 namekians fight with Gohan and Piccolo has stopped.
Things do not look good for U2.
Last edited by Whatever on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
I feel the only Universe that can give drama right now and give meaning to that title for 118 is U6. We will find some maybe something by this Thursday or sooner, but I doubt it very much it is U2 cause if Brianne is getting a new form, she will be at a Mega Level of Power and they will want to tell that story for more then 1 episode toei.
The only thing I see hinting towards it maybe being U2 is that we see all five remaining members in the preview, which might mean Zarbuto, Zirloin and Ranbanra could try something and fail.

But yeah, we actually see U6 despairing and that fits with the title of 118.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:55 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Because Goku's UI isnt complete yet, like Whis said he hasnt perfected it since he still thinks how to attack.. his UI now is basically just a sign of whats to come in the future, the "omen" part came from a DBH card referring to his form as "Ultra Instinct Omen"
Not much of a hint, just that a universe goes poof, could be U6 or U2, hell it could be both of them but with brianne seemingly powering up in her base form in the NEP it could just be U6 going byebye.
Aah I see, thanks for the clarification :thumbup:

As for Ribrianne, she will live and so will her Universe, just gained a powerup for God's sake, I am also curious, nobody seemed to jump in to white knight her where she was being hated on, not like some other fucks I know of who were enjoying full support for some unspecifiedit's the dick reason..
If this new transformation ends up being a.. ahem, slim one then I wonder if she somehow will also gain a vocal fanbase shield as well...
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 am

I wonder if there is any chance of Vegeta learning Ultra instinct but instead of being superb at dodging he is better on the attacking front than Goku, would be a cool way of having them being stronger in different fields without one totally outshining the other, well, until Goku eventually masters it.

I can’t see it happening, but I can’t see how else Vegeta stays in the picture. I think for anything like this to be a thing Jiren would need to be hiding a tansformation, or be miles off his true power. Then they could use teamwork on him which would be cool to see, but very unlikely. Guess that would also fit with what Whis said previously about how good they would be if they worked together. It would sorta be like everything Whis said coming true at once.

I’d say Vegetto is basically impossible at this point, after appearing so recently, so I won’t bother with him.
Last edited by Sora Saiyan on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:31 am

Wait a sec.. after getting a second look at the prev, couldnt that be just Brianne trying to use a self destruct move? 18 was strangled up by something and looks like she was locked in some heart shiz, the attempt was to keep her there, it feels weird for her to not take advantage of that and attack, second, the way she was seemingly powering up looked more like her fading away.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:49 am

It would be cool if Vegeta mastered the offensive side of UI and worked together with Goku to beat Jiren.
It really feels like Toriyama planned this arc out when he wrote RoF.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:59 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Wait a sec.. after getting a second look at the prev, couldnt that be just Brianne trying to use a self destruct move? 18 was strangled up by something and looks like she was locked in some heart shiz, the attempt was to keep her there, it feels weird for her to not take advantage of that and attack, second, the way she was seemingly powering up looked more like her fading away.
I was thinking about that option too, especially since she reverted back to her original form which might mean she's on her last leg, but it's not exactly in tune with her character. If it really is a self-destruct technique, it would definitely change her from a gimmick-driven character to a legitimate fighter willing to go all out for her cause.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:20 am

If we get Planet Sadala next year, it makes sense if Saonel and Pirina will also be relevant in that arc as well(connection to the Dragon Balls), they need to build them up, whats next for them? Fighting the Cicadas? The Robots from Universe 3?

Gohan and Piccolo might help Goku vs Zarbuto, Zirloin and Ranbara, Frieza could join in too, he again said that he needs Gokus power.

Freeza teaming up with Gohan and Piccolo...it would be interesting huh.

18 and Rosie are done next week, Katopeslca might be done too(for attacking Vegeta).

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:37 am

Noah wrote:
MainJPW wrote:I say it's time for U7 to lose some.
Actually I think they both can lose :)
hardcorefakes wrote:I've waited for this moment for so f*cking long. :clap: :wave:
Can finally start watching the show again.
Oh, thank god you're back, mate. We lose a lot without your thoughts in these weeks of Caulifla and Kale episodes.
I know right?