Is Hit really eliminated?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Is Hit really eliminated?

Post by Bullza » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm sure most would have seen the theory by now that Hit actually isn't eliminated and that the Hit who we saw was eliminated and who is currently in the stands is just a clone or illusion and the real Hit is actually still somewhere in the Tournament.

Which at first I thought was nonsense but I'm finding it kinda weird now that ever since he was eliminated and with all the focus on Universe 6 and the comments from Champa, Vados, Cabba and even Fuwa in the stands, that Hit hasn't said a single word the whole time.

He hasn't said or reacted to much of anything that's happened since he's been knocked out. With him also being a major character who went out of it earlier than almost everyone expected, is there a possibility that he is still involved and will come back into it as some part of plot twist?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Is Hit really eliminated?

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Yes Hit is sadly out of the tournament.

It would be a cop out if he wasn't.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:14 pm

LOL, this is really reaching. Zeno marked him out, he's sitting on the stands, Champa/Vados said they only have the 2 Nameks left.

C'mon now. :lol:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:38 pm

precita wrote:LOL, this is really reaching. Zeno marked him out, he's sitting on the stands, Champa/Vados said they only have the 2 Nameks left.

Maybe they aren't aware themselves.

He was a letter to create a whole Time World thing where it kept his body hidden away. I just find it out that someone as important as him just isn't saying anything while the fight is focused on Universe 6. He's just sitting there like a plank.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Hit being silent since his elimination doesn't prove much, since he is a taciturn fellow. Besides, he did talk immediately after getting knocked out in 111. He just hasn't said anything since then.

Hit-Man

Post by Hit-Man » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:58 pm

LMAO.

Hit is my favorite character but bro just accept it. He's done. It's been like 3 or 4 episodes since he got knocked out. Get it together man!
I don't joke. I'm not here to make friends. And I don't care if you like me or not. It's my opinion and only my opinion matters. Not yours.

-Love,
Hit-Man

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Hit couldn't handle the amazing power of Jiren. There's no shame in getting absolutely dominated by a mortal stronger than a GoD.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:21 pm

That would be some amazing ass pull bullshit, but if he wasn't eliminated yet he would have saved Kefla from elimination.

The combined power of Hit and Kefla probably would have easily been enough to take out UI Goku, Jiren though... not so sure.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 pm

I believe Napapa is still in as well, since they never showed Zeno picking him off the godpad. I assume he's hiding in his own pocket dimension with Hit :P

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:25 am

Was he really marked out on the Godpad?
I am pretty sure it was pointed out that it wasn't the case and it just fuelled speculation, because neither Zeno or the Grand Priest have actually said Hit was knocked out.
And this episode doesn't give us a good view of the Godpad either, only Kale and Caulifla's images along with those immediately above them can be seen and I'm sure Hit's image was at the top, so that will keep the speculation going.
Personally I think he's out.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:36 am

Bullza wrote:
precita wrote:LOL, this is really reaching. Zeno marked him out, he's sitting on the stands, Champa/Vados said they only have the 2 Nameks left.

Maybe they aren't aware themselves.

He was a letter to create a whole Time World thing where it kept his body hidden away. I just find it out that someone as important as him just isn't saying anything while the fight is focused on Universe 6. He's just sitting there like a plank.
Jiren can sense Hit's clones, so why couldn't the Grand Priest? This is just reaching.
Kataphrut wrote:Hit being silent since his elimination doesn't prove much, since he is a taciturn fellow. Besides, he did talk immediately after getting knocked out in 111. He just hasn't said anything since then.
This too.
dbgtFO wrote:Was he really marked out on the Godpad?
I am pretty sure it was pointed out that it wasn't the case and it just fuelled speculation, because neither Zeno or the Grand Priest have actually said Hit was knocked out.
And this episode doesn't give us a good view of the Godpad either, only Kale and Caulifla's images along with those immediately above them can be seen and I'm sure Hit's image was at the top, so that will keep the speculation going.
Personally I think he's out.
Zen'o didn't mark him on the godpad, but this holds true for several other characters too like Krillin. The Grand Priest formally announced Hit's elimination.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:41 am

I also do think that he is out.

However it wouldn't be the biggest surprise to me if after the U6 Namekians are knocked out and everyone thinks they are about to get erased, Hit suddenly comes out of some dimension to knock somebody else off or save a certain character, as a surprise plot twist.

Like how Goku was eliminated in the U6 tournament but then certain circumstances allowed him to come back in all of a sudden.

These things are never as straightforward as people think and it's the kind of plot twist that you might expect at least somebody at some point to have and Hit would seem the best choice.

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:19 am

Bullza wrote:I also do think that he is out.

However it wouldn't be the biggest surprise to me if after the U6 Namekians are knocked out and everyone thinks they are about to get erased, Hit suddenly comes out of some dimension to knock somebody else off or save a certain character, as a surprise plot twist.

Like how Goku was eliminated in the U6 tournament but then certain circumstances allowed him to come back in all of a sudden.

These things are never as straightforward as people think and it's the kind of plot twist that you might expect at least somebody at some point to have and Hit would seem the best choice.
I would cream my pants if that were to happen, and you should write for Super, but I don't think that's going to come true.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:48 am

These things are never as straightforward as people think
and it's the kind of plot twist that you might expect at least somebody at some point to have and Hit would seem the best choice.
Actually those things are straightforward,people just overcomplicate things for no reason and look for hints in everything,this is just another stupid theory people made.

No people,Gohan did not lie or was training or was going to replace Buu during the U6 tournament,he had a conference to attend to like he said.
No,Goten is not Goku Black,he is Goku Black like the characters in the show are calling him,not Goten Black.
No,Gohan is not going to rage and kill/defeat Hit because of his father's death at his hands.
No,Vegeta is not hiding any transformation he just overestimates himself like usual.
No,*insert another crazy nonsense theory people made*

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:06 am

Yes, he is
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:27 am

Whatever wrote:

These things are never as straightforward as people think
and it's the kind of plot twist that you might expect at least somebody at some point to have and Hit would seem the best choice.
Actually those things are straightforward,people just overcomplicate things for no reason and look for hints in everything,this is just another stupid theory people made.

No people,Gohan did not lie or was training or was going to replace Buu during the U6 tournament,he had a conference to attend to like he said.
No,Goten is not Goku Black,he is Goku Black like the characters in the show are calling him,not Goten Black.
No,Gohan is not going to rage and kill/defeat Hit because of his father's death at his hands.
No,Vegeta is not hiding any transformation he just overestimates himself like usual.
+1. People think the Dragon Ball writers are the same writers behind Steins Gate or something with plot twists everywhere. They write straightforward because DBS is a children's anime.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:54 am

If it were straightforward then it would be predictable, which this series is anything but.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:56 am

Bullza wrote:If it were straightforward then it would be predictable, which this series is anything but.
But, isn't that one of the biggest criticisms of the show?
Whatever wrote: Actually those things are straightforward,people just overcomplicate things for no reason and look for hints in everything,this is just another stupid theory people made.

My personal favourite happened way back in #33 when people were speculating that Goku lost to Frost on purpose because he winked at him.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:56 am

Dragon Ball Super: The Phantom Pain

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:54 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Bullza wrote:If it were straightforward then it would be predictable, which this series is anything but.
But, isn't that one of the biggest criticisms of the show?
Whatever wrote: Actually those things are straightforward,people just overcomplicate things for no reason and look for hints in everything,this is just another stupid theory people made.

My personal favourite happened way back in #33 when people were speculating that Goku lost to Frost on purpose because he winked at him.
Super isn’t that predictable. In fact, people say the opposite. Like everyone was shocked that Goku vs. Jiren happened ‘so soon’ or that UI wasn’t a rage boost form.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.