"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:21 pm

I would want for Piccolo and Gohan to back up Goku vs Zirloin, Ranbara and Zarbuto.

Its kinda disappointing Piccolo still has 1 singles elimination.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:26 pm

I'm starting to think that they may just keep Ribrianne around until the end of the tournament even if the rest of her team is eliminated. The writers seem to love her.

Although, that would drive the haters to complete madness.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Big Chief wrote:I'm starting to think that they may just keep Ribrianne around until the end of the tournament even if the rest of her team is eliminated. The writers seem to love her.

The backlash would be hilarious through I highly doubt she will reach to the top 10 because she will likely be eliminated by #17.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:31 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I would want for Piccolo and Gohan to back up Goku vs Zirloin, Ranbara and Zarbuto.

Its kinda disappointing Piccolo still has 1 singles elimination.
I think someone will help him and Piccolo and Gohan seem the most likely as they are not doing anything.
Big Chief wrote:I'm starting to think that they may just keep Ribrianne around until the end of the tournament even if the rest of her team is eliminated. The writers seem to love her.

The writers would have no say and would be Toriyama's decision and this seems like a battle for 17 to finally go full power.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
The writers would have no say and would be Toriyama's decision and this seems like a battle for 17 to finally go full power.
Toriyama seems like the type of person who would keep McRib around to the end, looking at some of the things he's done.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Big Chief wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Toriyama seems like the type of person who would keep McRib around to the end, looking at some of the things he's done.
That is an interesting comparison. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm fine with her sticking around because I like seeing just how many shout outs to Precure and 90's Sailor Moon Toei can fit in this show.

I also really miss fisticuffs in Precure. This year's Precure has been almost all magical icing-gun shoot out battles (they're magical bakers this year, you see).

At least I can still get that Precure punch and kick via Ribrianne.
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:03 pm

I'll be okay with brianne lasting until the end. Having her take out the androids and piccolo seems like what's best for her. Gohan should then be the one to take her out. By this happening, she'll get legitimate heat. People would also rally for gohan because lets be honest here, we're all losing hope for gohan every episode because he hasn't done anything worthy.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:09 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:I hope Ribrianne turns into something similair to super sailor moon or something like with wings and shit. also i'd really like to see her trash 18. her attitude in the tournament has been unbearable.
She is way more arrogant than Caulifla, and most fans have completely overlooked it. It would be funny seeing Brianne pose while 18 gets blasted off Team Rocket Style.
Arrogant like how? Just because she thought Krillin was stupid for letting his guard down and being K.O by Frost? Also you can't compare her with Caulifla, 18 is a classic character for F's sake.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:09 pm

SirTorra wrote:I'll be okay with brianne lasting until the end. Having her take out the androids and piccolo seems like what's best for her. Gohan should then be the one to take her out. By this happening, she'll get legitimate heat. People would also rally for gohan because lets be honest here, we're all losing hope for gohan every episode because he hasn't done anything worthy.
After defeating Ranbara, Zirloin and Zarbuto, Gohan and Piccolo might go with Goku somewhere else while they leave 17 alone to fight Brianne, thats my prediction.

The ToP needs more threats besides Jiren,Toppo and the Cicadas, Toei need to make the final episodes of the ToP very unpredictable.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Noah wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:I hope Ribrianne turns into something similair to super sailor moon or something like with wings and shit. also i'd really like to see her trash 18. her attitude in the tournament has been unbearable.
She is way more arrogant than Caulifla, and most fans have completely overlooked it. It would be funny seeing Brianne pose while 18 gets blasted off Team Rocket Style.
Arrogant like how? Just because she thought Krillin was stupid for letting his guard down and being K.O by Frost? Also you can't compare her with Caulifla, 18 is a classic character for F's sake.
Krillin saved her ! she was about to get eliminated first. it wasn't Krillin's fault if Frost was sneaky. also after 17 saved her she told him she didn't ask for help when she clearly needed it. "classic" character or not i never understood her appeal. always bitchy and doesn't contribute much.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:53 pm

HeroR wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
HeroR wrote:
They would defused faster. Gotenks could only hold Super Saiyan 3 for five minutes before his fusion broke.
Possibly, but we don't know if that is because SSJ3 drains stamina at a faster rate. After all tired Goku could only hold SSJ3 for a few seconds but then went God and Blue like 20 seconds later.

I think it actually may be more stable for them.
Goku also got more stamina back by the time he used the god forms. And why would a 30 minute fusion last longer than an hour fusion?

Because we know Potara fusion is immediately over when a great amount of energy is expended. It's hour time limit means nothing.

The only question is which in THIS situation would last longer, which is debatable.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
HeroR wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Possibly, but we don't know if that is because SSJ3 drains stamina at a faster rate. After all tired Goku could only hold SSJ3 for a few seconds but then went God and Blue like 20 seconds later.

I think it actually may be more stable for them.
Goku also got more stamina back by the time he used the god forms. And why would a 30 minute fusion last longer than an hour fusion?

Because we know Potara fusion is immediately over when a great amount of energy is expended. It's hour time limit means nothing.

The only question is which in THIS situation would last longer, which is debatable.
But the same holds true with the Fusion Dance.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:02 pm

HeroR wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
HeroR wrote:

To an extent. It's never been as bad as the recent Potara retcon. For instance if we want to look into GT we know SSJ4 Gogeta stays fused quite a while. In the Janemba movie they stay fused long enough to finish the job also.

So in Potara history we have 2 decisions in 2 attempts of Vegito but really none in terms of Gogeta.

That doesn't mean it would last longer, that isn't my point, my point is just that it's debatable.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Chuquita wrote:She voiced Cure Honey in HappinessCharge Precure and she was the singer of the group. She sings a song about rice in it.

Brianne glows yellow in the preview, and Cure Honey was a yellow cure, so maybe her new form will also have yellow clothes.
That is a good think to point out and the fact that you caught that her hair was glowing yellow in the preview maybe Toei trying to do a Homage to her Character Cure Honey from the HappinessCharge precure series! If they did something like that, making her hair Blonde or Golden and having a look similar, not exact but like similar to homage her character would be cool! :thumbup:

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:31 pm

Noah wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Agreed that 18 hasn't really been arrogant especially to the level of Caulifla but lol at the whole classic character shit.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
SirTorra wrote:I'll be okay with brianne lasting until the end. Having her take out the androids and piccolo seems like what's best for her. Gohan should then be the one to take her out. By this happening, she'll get legitimate heat. People would also rally for gohan because lets be honest here, we're all losing hope for gohan every episode because he hasn't done anything worthy.
After defeating Ranbara, Zirloin and Zarbuto, Gohan and Piccolo might go with Goku somewhere else while they leave 17 alone to fight Brianne, thats my prediction.

The ToP needs more threats besides Jiren,Toppo and the Cicadas, Toei need to make the final episodes of the ToP very unpredictable.
I FULLY Agree with this, Toei NEEDS to make the Finals have a Good Variety of Flavor both in Characters and Universes!

If it is just All U7 and U11 this fight will be to predictable, boring and play by the numbers, it would lose allot of needed drama to it!

Having 3 Universe is much better but still feels like it is missing allot of Flavor and Drama it could have.

Having 4 would be the Best and I think add the most unpredictability to this Final!

IMO ~~~ U2, U4, U7 & U11 add the Most to the Finals and seem to have the best variety of characters!

I like U3 still but they have had little story and little drama to them. U6 Namekins are cool in being the ones left to defend their Universe but until I see something to give them more weight I have sadly my doubts.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:26 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
HeroR wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

To an extent. It's never been as bad as the recent Potara retcon. For instance if we want to look into GT we know SSJ4 Gogeta stays fused quite a while. In the Janemba movie they stay fused long enough to finish the job also.

So in Potara history we have 2 decisions in 2 attempts of Vegito but really none in terms of Gogeta.

That doesn't mean it would last longer, that isn't my point, my point is just that it's debatable.
Gogeta killed Janemba in seconds and that movie broke the fusion rule. Goku and Vegeta fused right away after a failed fusion when Gotenks states he had to wait an hour.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:Krillin saved her! she was about to get eliminated first. it wasn't Krillin's fault if Frost was sneaky. also after 17 saved her she told him she didn't ask for help when she clearly needed it. "classic" character or not i never understood her appeal. always bitchy and doesn't contribute much.
So what? You can't hate 18 if you like 17 it's like being a Gohan fan and hating Piccolo, that makes no sense!
Jigurashi wrote:
Noah wrote:Arrogant like how? Just because she thought Krillin was stupid for letting his guard down and being K.O by Frost? Also you can't compare her with Caulifla, 18 is a classic character for F's sake.
Agreed that 18 hasn't really been arrogant especially to the level of Caulifla but lol at the whole classic character shit.
Caulifla debut in the series was 6 months ago while 18 was 26 years ago, thus why this comparison is invalid. It's like saying we shouldn't care about Cabba being unberable when Vegeta acts the same way.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Noah wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:Krillin saved her! she was about to get eliminated first. it wasn't Krillin's fault if Frost was sneaky. also after 17 saved her she told him she didn't ask for help when she clearly needed it. "classic" character or not i never understood her appeal. always bitchy and doesn't contribute much.
So what? You can't hate 18 if you like 17 it's like being a Gohan fan and hating Piccolo, that makes no sense!

[
Petty sure i can lol just because they're siblings doesn't mean i need to love both. 18 never appealed to me personally.