"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:41 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Michsi wrote:Regarding 18 - she had two unlikable moments , when she badmouthed Krillin and when she got angry at 17 for saving her, and if memory serves, both those scenes were written by Toshio? Could it be this is how he sees her, as a grade A tsundere? She was fine in Krillin's episode.
The Kuririn episode was written by Toshio.

Also, I really don't see what was so bad about her not wanting to appear weak when 17 saved her.
So it's not him for both then. My mistake.
With 17 - she has never been shown to be overly proud or interested in fighting to the point it would annoy her to appear weak, especially in front of her brother. These two always got along great, and helping each other seemed natural to them.
I can't help but feel she was made to look bratty in 115 to make 17 look cool, and that kinda rubs me the wrong way.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:50 am

Michsi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Michsi wrote:Regarding 18 - she had two unlikable moments , when she badmouthed Krillin and when she got angry at 17 for saving her, and if memory serves, both those scenes were written by Toshio? Could it be this is how he sees her, as a grade A tsundere? She was fine in Krillin's episode.
The Kuririn episode was written by Toshio.

Also, I really don't see what was so bad about her not wanting to appear weak when 17 saved her.
So it's not him for both then. My mistake.
With 17 - she has never been shown to be overly proud or interested in fighting to the point it would annoy her to appear weak, especially in front of her brother. These two always got along great, and helping each other seemed natural to them.
I can't help but feel she was made to look bratty in 115 to make 17 look cool, and that kinda rubs me the wrong way.
Well, she is a mother now, and she has lambasted Kuririn for appearing weak earlier on in the show, so I think its perfectly in character for her to want to appear dependable.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:53 am

I can't help but notice how there seems to be quite a few people who confuse being bratty with having a strong personality..
We had this with gt pan, we saw this is in Cauliflowa's case and now we see this with 18..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:03 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I can't help but notice how there seems to be quite a few people who confuse being bratty with having a strong personality..
We had this with gt pan, we saw this is in Cauliflowa's case and now we see this with 18..
A "strong personality" doesn't excuse being contemptuous when it's not called for. It's an umbrella term that does not exclude a bratty attitude. See Vegeta.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:12 am

Michsi wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I can't help but notice how there seems to be quite a few people who confuse being bratty with having a strong personality..
A "strong personality" doesn't excuse being contemptuous when it's not called for. It's an umbrella term that does not exclude a bratty attitude. See Vegeta.
Oh I was agreeing with you here, 18 was acting out of the line for sure, attitude where it's not needed isn't being strong, it's being a cuck..
But about it being an umbrella term which includes being a brat as well? Can't say I can agree to that
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:35 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Oh I was agreeing with you here, 18 was acting out of the line for sure, attitude where it's not needed isn't being strong, it's being a cuck..
But about it being an umbrella term which includes being a brat as well? Can't say I can agree to that
A strong personality can be used to describe both someone who is strong willed and someone who is loud and brash. Their not one and the same for sure, and I do suppose bratty doesn't really belong there.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:33 am

I don't understand why people say 18 being able to fight Ribrianne makes no sense. Ribrianne isn't that strong. She's SSJ1 level at best, and in the most recent episodes she couldn't even beat base Vegeta.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:36 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:I don't understand why people say 18 being able to fight Ribrianne makes no sense. Ribrianne isn't that strong. She's SSJ1 level at best, and in the most recent episodes she couldn't even beat base Vegeta.
Because people have this headcanon of her being SSB-level+ and it doesn't gel with what we've seen on screen.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:39 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:I don't understand why people say 18 being able to fight Ribrianne makes no sense. Ribrianne isn't that strong. She's SSJ1 level at best, and in the most recent episodes she couldn't even beat base Vegeta.
Because even base Vegeta and ssj should be light ahead of 18 by now considering we've never seen 18 interested in getting stronger or fighting since forever.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
Because people have this headcanon of her being SSB-level+ and it doesn't gel with what we've seen on screen.
I could understand people thinking she is in the same league as regular Super Saiyan, but where the hell do people get the idea she is SSB level? Just because she took a single blow from the form, doesn't mean she is on that same level, she is pretty much a non-factor to the higher tier characters, as is evidenced by Jirens complete ignoration to her presence even when she was directly at his feet.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:25 am

Ribrianne probably is 18's level right now but when she transforms in episode 117 she will br 17's level. She is the Androids big fight. That is what episode 118 is probably going to be about.

If Universe 2 go out in episode 118 then apart from the Pride Troopers we are left with Namekians, Bugs and Robots and we know very little about all 3 of them.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:35 am

HeroR wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
HeroR wrote:
But the same holds true with the Fusion Dance.
To an extent. It's never been as bad as the recent Potara retcon. For instance if we want to look into GT we know SSJ4 Gogeta stays fused quite a while. In the Janemba movie they stay fused long enough to finish the job also.

So in Potara history we have 2 decisions in 2 attempts of Vegito but really none in terms of Gogeta.

That doesn't mean it would last longer, that isn't my point, my point is just that it's debatable.
Gogeta killed Janemba in seconds and that movie broke the fusion rule. Goku and Vegeta fused right away after a failed fusion when Gotenks states he had to wait an hour.
Super rewrites rules too but you are right on that part.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:11 am

Idk if this was posted already but this is Toriyamas Jiren

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 am

I got this feeling before, but Toriyama's design makes it even more apparent that Jiren's head is inspired by the classical depiction of aliens in media. Except his buff instead and thin and small. Wonder if that was the joke....

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
Not Heahcannon but Observation of her fights and who she has fought, her Earlier fights with SSJ-Vegeta and 17 put her on a Pretty High Level, not Blue yet but she was on the way. It was again based on what we saw onscreen and not what we hoped to see. The Base Goku Fight was a weird sidetrack, I get Base Goku is stronger then we figure but still it was a strange match to have, others I talked to did not get it either after the SSJ-Vegeta and 17 Fights.

The Base Vegeta fight made more sense and my reasons are below;

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40110&start=200#p1396800

Just like any character, fans try to figure out ones powers and abilities base on what we see, who they fought and how those fights went. In conclusion, Ribrianne is a Strong Fighter, but like many fights in this a character seems to get Nerfed for a period of time to make the fight either more Rule of Cool and/or so they avoid a flat-out face stomp so the fight does not end quickly, AKA Master Roshi fighting Frost for example.

I think Toei cares more about building Drama then staying true to power level strengths.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 am

Oh God, Toriyamas Jiren is horrible.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:08 am

What does it say in the bottom left of that scan?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:17 am

perucho1990 wrote:Idk if this was posted already but this is Toriyamas Jiren

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Toriyama's designs for Goku Black, etc. were amazing, but Jiren here looks like a 12 year old drew him. It's probably intentional, I hope.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:17 am

Why on hell is he so absurdly muscular in the anime then?
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:37 am

perucho1990 wrote:Idk if this was posted already but this is Toriyamas Jiren

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Edit: huh, turns out it's fake..
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.