Super Episode 116 (19 November 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Super Episode 116 (19 November 2017)

Post by FubukiFoxx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:17 am

I'm a little surprised they got defeated as quickly as they did; with the screentime they've been getting, I though this might have gone on longer. To be honest, I didn't know what to think about the fusion idea at first, but Kefla sort of grew on me, even though I still think the powerscaling with these two could have been handled much better (to be fair, everyone's been jumping about with their transformations; not the girl's fault, it's just hasty writing).

I'll admit, I would have kinda liked to see Vegito and Kelfa vs. Jiren, but it would have likely been overkill. Still hoping to see Goku and Frieza vs. Jiren like in the Heroes trailer.
"I think we're gonna play with the cosmic space dragon. He's funny, but he needs better manners."

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:20 am

Cetra wrote:I like how the girls were eliminated instead of Kafla herself. The defusion was a nice idea though that means you could beat Vegetto just by breaking his potara. Better he never appears again or fights a smart enemy.
It's an interesting concept, to be sure. Adds a little more depth to the transformation, and I'd be very interesting to see, if it were used against a smart opponent, them apply that knowledge. Would definitely add at least a slight strategic element; would be particularly interesting if the foe were able to do this to turn the tables.
"I think we're gonna play with the cosmic space dragon. He's funny, but he needs better manners."

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 am

RedHeat wrote:RIP Kale and Caulifla. You put up a good fight and a good show.

Pretty good episode nonetheless.
They'll be back, but they had a good showing in the tournament; if rumours and speculation are true, we might have an arc on Planet Sadal. They definitely got one of the better treatments in the tournament (R.I.P to all the fodder characters; no one will remember you, but you did stuff...kinda).

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:24 am

^^BTW you can edit your post if 2hrs didn't pass yet, no need for triple posting you look agitated chill out lol

Username2016

Post by Username2016 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:37 pm

10/10 episode because Kefla/Caulifla/Kale got eliminated.

https://imgur.com/a/oHNEF

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:23 am

I just rewatched the episode. I love how they show the Kamehameha smash her face 3 times. I got just as hyped watching it this second time. :lol:

I think the first time I was pretty shocked he hit her straight in the face from point blank range.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:11 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I just rewatched the episode.
Also rewatched it UI Goku vs Kefla (and just that, as Champa is irritating the crap out of me) many times lol. Love how Goku speaks quite differently in UI. Like, any sense of excitement that we know to be in Goku's normal disposition - gone in UI. He's completely serious.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I love how they show the Kamehameha smash her face 3 times. I got just as hyped watching it this second time. :lol:

I think the first time I was pretty shocked he hit her straight in the face from point blank range.
Ultra Instinct is a cheat code :lol:

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:18 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:One thing that pissed me off with all of this: Kefla didn't eliminate anyone with her omnidirectional lasers.

If shes so pissed off AND OP I would have loved for her to take the numbers down a bit. Nobody major, just the scrubs or a few of Universe 2's remainders. Maybe some of the mechs of the professor

but no, nobody

despite having the power to destroy the stage.

K DEN
If she hit anyone they'd die. That seemed to be what was said.
I only just rewatched and didnt notice the word 'die' being used if it was.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:39 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:One thing that pissed me off with all of this: Kefla didn't eliminate anyone with her omnidirectional lasers.

If shes so pissed off AND OP I would have loved for her to take the numbers down a bit. Nobody major, just the scrubs or a few of Universe 2's remainders. Maybe some of the mechs of the professor

but no, nobody

despite having the power to destroy the stage.

K DEN
Ok not die, but it seems pretty clear that's basically what is inferred.

Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:05 am

The more I see ultra instinct on screen, the more it makes me question what the **** the point of SSJG was. This form does everything that supposed god form failed to: actually look imposing, show dominance, and make (base) Goku act and appear stronger. Ultra Instinct should have been SSJG, and SSJB should have been a lesser form Goku could tap into afterwards, with SSJG (ultra instinct) rarely appearing until it was absolutely needed.

The less frequently this form is used, the better, imo. Makes those moments so much grander.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:20 am

omaro34 wrote:All that's left for universe six are those Namekians. The writers wouldn't have done it like that if they didn't have anything planned for them.

Epic kamehameha by Goku, at point blank range. Surprised that didn't do more than just knock them out.

Good episode. Good animation and music.
I'm still hoping to see my man Piccolo get a power boost; those Namekians might just be his gateway to the God form that I know I've been waiting for. (´・ω・`)

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:22 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:The more I see ultra instinct on screen, the more it makes me question what the **** the point of SSJG was. This form does everything that supposed god form failed to: actually look imposing, show dominance, and make (base) Goku act and appear stronger. Ultra Instinct should have been SSJG, and SSJB should have been a lesser form Goku could tap into afterwards, with SSJG (ultra instinct) rarely appearing until it was absolutely needed.

The less frequently this form is used, the better, imo. Makes those moments so much grander.
Probably just an oversight from the writer's, especially with Blue coming out not long after.
Still, it's sad that such a cool form is already becoming relegated to a backseat transformation.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:34 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Ok not die, but it seems pretty clear that's basically what is inferred.

I took it as knocked out of the ring but ok

If her big red ki attack can destroy the stage I'm surprised nobody fell off from her cutting it to ribbons

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:47 pm

FubukiFoxx wrote:
omaro34 wrote:All that's left for universe six are those Namekians. The writers wouldn't have done it like that if they didn't have anything planned for them.

Epic kamehameha by Goku, at point blank range. Surprised that didn't do more than just knock them out.

I'm still hoping to see my man Piccolo get a power boost; those Namekians might just be his gateway to the God form that I know I've been waiting for. (´・ω・`)
Who knows, maybe there will be a plot twist. Piccolo and Gohan defeats them and when they are about to be eliminated hence universe six getting erased, Piccolo has a change of heart and doesn't want to do it. He all of sudden has this desire to find out more about his race, and one of the Namekians promises him that if they spare them, he would get a chance to visit Universe 6 Namek. The bigger Namekian gets eliminated and the one that looks like him in a last ditch effort fuses with Piccolo, increasing his strength dramatically. Universe six is therefore saved for now because if Seonal is fused with Piccolo, he is not technically eliminated.

One can only dream.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:59 pm

FubukiFoxx wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:The more I see ultra instinct on screen, the more it makes me question what the **** the point of SSJG was. This form does everything that supposed god form failed to: actually look imposing, show dominance, and make (base) Goku act and appear stronger. Ultra Instinct should have been SSJG, and SSJB should have been a lesser form Goku could tap into afterwards, with SSJG (ultra instinct) rarely appearing until it was absolutely needed.

Probably just an oversight from the writer's, especially with Blue coming out not long after.
Still, it's sad that such a cool form is already becoming relegated to a backseat transformation.
Doesn't really bother me that much. Dragon Ball is infamous for running through transformations and make them loss their mystique in literally the arc after the one they are initially introduced in.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
FubukiFoxx wrote:

Doesn't really bother me that much. Dragon Ball is infamous for running through transformations and make them loss their mystique in literally the arc after the one they are initially introduced in.
To be fair, the first time this happened in DBZ was during the Buu saga. In the Cell one, SSJ was still a major thing, despite so many characters gaining access to it.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:10 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
FubukiFoxx wrote:
Doesn't really bother me that much. Dragon Ball is infamous for running through transformations and making them loss their mystique in literally the arc after the one they are initially introduced in.
To be fair, the first time this happened in DBZ was during the Buu saga. In the Cell one, SSJ was still a major thing, despite so many characters gaining access to it.
Eh. I think SSJ lost its luster when Android 16, 17 and 18 were introduced.

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:02 pm

omaro34 wrote:
FubukiFoxx wrote:

Who knows, maybe there will be a plot twist. Piccolo and Gohan defeats them and when they are about to be eliminated hence universe six getting erased, Piccolo has a change of heart and doesn't want to do it. He all of sudden has this desire to find out more about his race, and one of the Namekians promises him that if they spare them, he would get a chance to visit Universe 6 Namek. The bigger Namekian gets eliminated and the one that looks like him in a last ditch effort fuses with Piccolo, increasing his strength dramatically. Universe six is therefore saved for now because if Seonal is fused with Piccolo, he is not technically eliminated.

One can only dream.
For sure, let's hope they don't forget about him, I'd love for Piccolo to have some more time in the spotlight. He's one of the non-Saiyan characters that, in my opinion, deserves a power boost and more screentime the most.

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
FubukiFoxx wrote:

That is true. Still unfortunate for forms that got such reverence initially to become lacklustre so quickly.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:18 pm

FubukiFoxx wrote:That is true. Still unfortunate for forms that got such reverence initially to become lacklustre so quickly.
Exactly, but you don't need to double post, you can edit your posts.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?