"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Funny thing is for a semi gag character, Ribrianne took her loss like a champ, unlike a certain someone.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:Not a fan of 18 getting the fairy tail treatment and beating a strong character like Ribrianne. i'm hoping she falls down even more now.
Define strong though. Cause Ribrianne isn't even Android 16 level.
Wasn't she on par with Base Goku ? judging by what we saw 18 do over 20 years she's done NOTHING to even be comparable to imperfect Cell.
She never really did much to Base Goku. Base Vegeta also had little trouble with her. 17 sandbagged against her too. 18 has no reason to sandbag here in this episode. But yeah, you're right. 18 hasn't even proven herself to be above Imperfect Cell. Meaning Ribrianne would be below Imperfect Cell too since she couldn't stomp 18.
SansrivaaL wrote:Funny thing is for a semi gag character, Ribrianne took her loss like a champ, unlike a certain someone.
Who? Caulifla? Cauli's a sore loser for sure. She's incredibly arrogant and genuinely believes in her own hype. Her being a sore loser was expected imo. I had no issues with either of their reactions. I did really like Brianne's scene after she was eliminated.
Last edited by Jigurashi on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:12 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:Not a fan of 18 getting the fairy tail treatment and beating a strong character like Ribrianne. i'm hoping she falls down even more now.
Sadly I think this has been the problem with 108, the power scaling is all over the place and no-one can get a fix on it. I feel toei is not just rule of cool now a days it seems.
I'm a huge fan of Ribrianne's base form design. well a loss is a loss.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:13 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:I Give my Respects to 17 and 18 for having a good match, they come across good tonight.

I am highly disappointed in Toei however that was the Best they can do for My Girl Ribrianne, I now fear for U3 and U4 if they will be anything special.

The Transformation was not creative and was lazy, was a cop-out IMO and the power-ups seem just lame on both sides.

Again I am a fair guy, who wins is who wins, I will always like U2 and Ribiranne and the Girls, but honestly that was disappointing storytelling to be. My worry what may come from the other universes now.

Peace and Honor to all and I still Love Ribrianne and the Girls! :thumbup:

P.S. To those that Dislike Ribrianne and the Girls Please show some honor cause she has fans like us.
It's pretty clear that U6, U7, and U11 are the only universes that the writers care about. The other universes are just hype tools for U7, unfortunately. I'm indifferent to Ribrianne's character, but I don't think that she deserved the treatment that she got in this episode.
Thanks ad in the end I am going to be the Bigger fan and give my congrats to 17 and 18 for having a good showing and for fans of them if they enjoyed good for them.

However I said before that if Toei Copped-Out on making the other Universe Good the series could break for me and now I fear that is the case going forward.

I am hoping down the line U2 is a thing still and they get good development, but I worry Toei is not series about that. This feels like a Game of just taking down the next big boss and rule of cool style, the power scaling was all over the place in this episode and it had been since 108.

I will always like the Girls and U2 and Brianne the most, still like her now, but Toei let me down Hard in both Plot and storytelling tonight. The Transformation was a cut and paste and now I fear now for U3 and U4 will be treated the same-way.

Again from a Brianne fan all I ask is respect to her and her Fans.
You don't need to fear that U3 will be treated the same way, because they already have been treated the same way.

Let's just look at the treatment of the remaining 6 U3 fighters:

Katopesla got brushed aside by Freeza and he got humiliated by Base Vegeta in this episode.
Biarra got walloped off-screen by 17 in this episode.
Panchia, Koitsukai, and Borareta got blasted away by Base Caulifla.
Paparoni got casually kicked away by 18 in one of the earlier TOP episodes.

U2, U3, U4, U9, and U10 are just hype tools for U7. Let's hope that Toyo handles these universes differently in the manga, but there's honestly a good chance that he will treat them even worse based on how he treated Hit and the other U6 fighters in the manga (talking about how he nerfed Hit to SSG level at max just to pander to Vegeta fans).

MasterofSix

Post by MasterofSix » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:14 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Sadly I think this has been the problem with 108, the power scaling is all over the place and no-one can get a fix on it. I feel toei is not just rule of cool now a days it seems.
Count me in with the others who thought this episode was decent and...
[spoiler]hoped that Ribrianne would last longer and that 18 would drop out.[/spoiler]

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Funny thing is for a semi gag character, Ribrianne took her loss like a champ, unlike a certain someone.
Indeed, if their is anything I am proud of My Girl Brianne was a class act at the end, not yelling and cringing about the loss, she took it like a champ and with class.

I will follow the same suit as her and take it like a class act.

I am not dis-pointed in their character in the least, just in Toei with their Writing and Strange storytelling that now makes me fear the purpose of all the universes, characters and the future of them. Now I fear for U3 and U4.

Again all Love and Respect the My Girl Brianne, I ask fans to know the Respect and Liking we have for her.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:16 pm

And TOEI humiliates Vegeta again ...

I really could not understand the meaning of that scene. If he wanted to do something similar to what Goku did (deflect the attacks unconsciously), why was he taking several punches without reacting, and simply start hitting Katopesla?

Even Goku has turned away from Yakon without being able to see him, this is a very basic thing.
But Toyotaro has always treated Vegeta better anyway

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:17 pm

TBMx wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
TBMx wrote:So Vegeta sucked. In other news, water is wet.
Did people really think something was going to come from this scene?
Frankly? Yeah. I thought Vegeta would catch just one of his punches without looking. Seeing how Goku reacted to Yakkon without looking several years beforehand, and seeing how Vegeta reacted to Ribrienne that time on instinct alone. But they didn't even give him that. There was no point to that scene beyond hammering it home that Vegeta sucks and Goku is so much better.

Vegeta failed to go Ultra Instinct. Instead he went Ultra Insult...

to his character.
You seem to be taking it harder than it was really meant to be. I really don't see how that scene concludes a lot of the stuff you've said. Goku being far superior to Vegeta is common knowledge already, but nothing Vegeta did this episode is evident of that. Vegeta let himself get beat up a bit while he's in base sandbagging, Goku broke through his shell because he didn't want to die to his own attack after giving it literally everything he had at that point. Those situations aren't comparable by any means.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote: Let's just look at the treatment of the remaining 6 U3 fighters:

Katopesla got brushed aside by Freeza and he got humiliated by Base Vegeta in this episode.
I consider these scenes to be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Nobody remembers Paparoni getting kicked by 18 except a few of us. That's not going to stop Toei from making him stronger later on.

It clearly seems that they're planning to do something interesting with U3, because despite the beatings they take, they just won't fall out of the ring.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Here is the thing. We have no idea how strong anyone is in this tournament because power scaling does not work here.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
TBMx wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Did people really think something was going to come from this scene?
Frankly? Yeah. I thought Vegeta would catch just one of his punches without looking. Seeing how Goku reacted to Yakkon without looking several years beforehand, and seeing how Vegeta reacted to Ribrienne that time on instinct alone. But they didn't even give him that. There was no point to that scene beyond hammering it home that Vegeta sucks and Goku is so much better.

to his character.
You seem to be taking it harder than it was really meant to be. I really don't see how that scene concludes a lot of the stuff you've said. Goku being far superior to Vegeta is common knowledge already, but nothing Vegeta did this episode is evident of that. Vegeta let himself get beat up a bit while he's in base sandbagging, Goku broke through his shell because he didn't want to die to his own attack after giving it literally everything he had at that point. Those situations aren't comparable by any means.
Vegeta's been training with Whis for 3 years for this and he can't catch just one effing punch on instinct? Holy crap. :( From a weakling too!
Last edited by TBMx on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Glad you like the Look Ribrianne had in her base form Lapislettuce, Thanks!

Good Luck you and you favorite 17, I hope for the Best! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:23 pm

[spoiler]Well, it's official now. Two universes are going to be erased next episode.[/spoiler]
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: Let's just look at the treatment of the remaining 6 U3 fighters:

I consider these scenes to be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Nobody remembers Paparoni getting kicked by 18 except a few of us. That's not going to stop Toei from making him stronger later on.

It clearly seems that they're planning to do something interesting with U3, because despite the beatings they take, they just won't fall out of the ring.
Yeah Toei could just ignore that scene and make Paparoni stronger, but I don't think it's very likely tbh. Imo the only hope for U3 to become somewhat relevant is if those 3 robots combine, but even then it would still be disappointing that a universe has to fuse 3 of its fighters together in order to make said universe somewhat relevant. I wouldn't be surprised if U3 doesn't eliminate a single person.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:25 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Glad you like the Look Ribrianne had in her base form Lapislettuce, Thanks!

Good Luck you and you favorite 17, I hope for the Best! :thumbup:
Thank you for being such a good sport. bless you <3

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:The other 3 U2 fighters are going to get jobbed and eliminated by Goku in 118.
If that's the case and Toei doesn't explain it, then I'll start considering Toyotaro as the main continuity if he explains why there's a Yadorat and Tsufurujin in Universe 2.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:25 pm

TBMx wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
TBMx wrote:

to his character.
Vegeta's been training with Whis for 3 years for this and he can't catch just one effing punch on instinct? Holy crap. :( From a weakling too!
Uh neither could Goku.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:The other 3 U2 fighters are going to get jobbed and eliminated by Goku in 118.
We don't know that/it's not confirmed. But if that's the case and Toei doesn't explain it, then I'll start considering Toyotaro as the main continuity if he explains why there's a Yadorat and Tsufurujin in Universe 2.
The spoilers for 118 say that Zarbuto and co (meaning Rabanra and Zirloin) get knocked out by a blast from Goku.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Full preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TEE-Hb9Xmk

Pirina and Saonel absorbed every U6 Namekians, wow.
Last edited by perucho1990 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Grimlock wrote:
If that's the case and Toei doesn't explain it, then I'll start considering Toyotaro as the main continuity if he explains why there's a Yadorat and Tsufurujin in Universe 2.
They are not going to explain it, just accept that. Super rarely gives explanations, just be surprised when they do.