I still don't understand why Universe 2 has a Yardrat

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Paper Lung

I still don't understand why Universe 2 has a Yardrat

Post by Paper Lung » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:48 am

Can someone properly explain this to me without using their head canon? Thanks.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: I still don't understand why Universe 2 has a Yardrat

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:58 am

Without headcanon,I'll say wait for manga to explain it.That's the only chance it will be explained.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:37 am

He found a way to teleport there. That's it.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:12 am

Paper Lung wrote:without using their head canon? Thanks.
Not possible, there is no official explanation..
The closet we will get to one is when the manga eventually does the explanation
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:27 am

Yep -- this. That's the only thing that would make any sense at all considering that the 2nd universe shouldn't have lifeforms in common with the 7th (since they're not "twins" like the 6th and 7th are.)

Maybe he's some legendary Yardrat whose teleportation and ki sensing abilities were so much better than normal that he was able to sense the energy of someone powerful in the 2nd universe and teleport to them, crossing the boundaries between universes even though it's normally hard to detect someone's ki even from far on the other side of the same universe. Maybe the universes happened to be unusually close at the time (do Dragonball universes move like planets? the whole "globe/dome" of them orbiting some central point somewhere -- Zen'oh's place maybe?) which made it possible to sense ki from another universe and he just happened to be in the right place to sense something he wanted to try teleporting to. There's no official explanation so far so that's what I'm going with, that he (or maybe an entire group of his race in the past) somehow teleported there from the 7th Universe.

Another possibility: maybe the Kaioshin of the 2nd universe saw the Yardrats from the 7th universe and thought "oh, we should have those guys here too!" and created them in that universe too, somehow. I'm not sure if Kaioshin can actually create a specific species to their exact preferences like that, though, since the idea from the explanations of the Kaioshin role in creation we've seen before seems to be that they sort of "trigger" planets/stars/life to begin rather than actively shaping them.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:32 am

That was actually my first thought. Or a Yardratjin from Universe 6 who developed the Instant Transmission further to go to other universes - and that's why Jimeze may ended up in U2..
But on the other hand there's also a Tsufurujin in Universe 2, so there must be more behind it. Or did Jimeze bring him there?

I just hope they give some sort of explanation (hopefully next episode when Zarbuto is in the fight again...) or else at least in the manga.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:37 am

The teleportation thing still doesn't explain the supposed Tuffle that is on the Universe 2 team. How'd he get there.
One would assume that Tuffle is a refugee who survived the sayains assault on their planet, but yet none of the 3 remaining fighters have mentioned the fact they're fighting a Sayain. You'd think there'd be some hatred spewing from one of the fighters. I mean after all, the Sayains did destroy your homeworld and are now also going to destroy your new one.

Luckily, I think we may get answers in 118. If you noticed, Zarbuto is the only one mentioned in the spoilers for 118, while the rest are reffered to as his company. Meaning that Zarbuto is the ring leader of the three. If this is the case and he is the tuffle, then we may get dialog between him and Goku about the Sayain-Tuffle war. Perhaps he'll mention his hatred for the sayains as one of the reasons he wants to eliminate Goku, and even mention Jimize as the reason he's in Universe 2.

Or Toei wont explain anything at all and we'll have to wait for Toyotoro to.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:39 am

Paper Lung wrote:Can someone properly explain this to me without using their head canon? Thanks.
But I have totally good explanation with my headcanon and all come down with the initial birth of the Univers.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:51 am

Easy design for Toriyama that is probably the reason why.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:06 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Easy design for Toriyama that is probably the reason why.
Or Toei, I mean Toriyama and Toyotaro may have collaborated to make the designs for the gods, but surely they didn't handle all of the 94 new characters??
Toei's character designers likely came up with some designs too and to me it seems like the sort of thing they'd do, making new characters who use designs of prior characters.
I really really doubt, that the whole "races exclusive to twin universes" idea, mostly found in headcanon was ever a consideration, they thought deeply about.
But time will tell.. right now I'm expecting this to mean absolutely nothing and them just to get one mention, if at all. The Yardratian was acknowledged as being one, so maybe the Tsufurian will too, but I don't expect more than that.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:48 am

People here can guess answers and they may even be right but it's still their headcanon at this point.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:50 am

dbgtFO wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Easy design for Toriyama that is probably the reason why.
Or Toei, I mean Toriyama and Toyotaro may have collaborated to make the designs for the gods, but surely they didn't handle all of the 94 new characters??
Toei's character designers likely came up with some designs too and to me it seems like the sort of thing they'd do, making new characters who use designs of prior characters.
I really really doubt, that the whole "races exclusive to twin universes" idea, mostly found in headcanon was ever a consideration, they thought deeply about.
But time will tell.. right now I'm expecting this to mean absolutely nothing and them just to get one mention, if at all. The Yardratian was acknowledged as being one, so maybe the Tsufurian will too, but I don't expect more than that.
I don't see why they couldn't handle all the designs. It sounds like a lot more than it is when you consider most are extremely basic and some are just robots or very similar to others.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:48 am

Mythology gag. If there's no explanation throw in before the tournament ends, then, yeah, it was done for shits and giggles on Toriyama/Toei/Toyotaro's part.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:15 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Mythology gag. If there's no explanation throw in before the tournament ends, then, yeah, it was done for shits and giggles on Toriyama/Toei/Toyotaro's part.
Is that how you are going to justify this randomness?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 am

They should have swapped Jimeze for Dr Rota to be honest.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:37 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Mythology gag. If there's no explanation throw in before the tournament ends, then, yeah, it was done for shits and giggles on Toriyama/Toei/Toyotaro's part.
Is that how you are going to justify this randomness?
Does it even matter at this stage? The Yadrats were only mentioned as an excuse for Goku surviving in space, learning a new technique and for getting an outfit he would only wear for a few chapters in the manga. It's the anime that bothered to give a damn about actually providing a character design for them. But beyond that, the lore of the Yardrat race is a mystery that's never explored and them appearing in another universe is pretty inconsequential. if get explained why there's a Yardrat in another universe, that cool. If it doesn't, it's a total non-issue. There are a way bigger things in Dragon Ball (Super) to be concerned about.

EDIT: Well, it does matter know, as it's just been brought to may attention that Universe 2 has a Tuffle too.
EDIT 2: Yeah, this is a quite a big oversight. They have to explain the how the hell the Yardrat and the Tuffle can exist in Universe 2.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:38 am

I agree that this seems like a somewhat incredible oversight. Had they not previously gone out of their way to specify the twin universes, and then showcase it not just with Saiyans in Universe 6 but also these Namekians, I'm not sure we would have really batted an eye over it, especially with them being teleporters. The hand-wave of "oh he teleported there" is seriously the best anyone can come up with on their own right now, and I don't think that's particularly acceptable (this coming from someone who's more than comfortable hand-waving a whole bunch of unexplained nonsense).

If the franchise gets much more universal exploration beyond this tournament arc (and it needs to have that payoff), that's certainly one I'll be tapping my foot waiting for.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:40 am

Do not forget that Universe 2 team has a Tsufurujin as well. How will people explain this one? The Yadorat took a Tsufurujin with him? We need a flashback the same as we got one for the Potarra earrings for Kale and Caulifla.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:47 am

Grimlock wrote:Do not forget that Universe 2 team has a Tsufurujin as well. How will people explain this one? The Yadorat took a Tsufurujin with him? We need a flashback the same as we got one for the Potarra earrings for Kale and Caulifla.
Oh yeah. Univers 2's Zarbuto is a Tuffle, ain't he? So Universe 2 have both a Yardrat and a Tuffle. That wwo races from a universe being in a completely different universe. You can't even handwave it with the "twin universe" excuse.

Okay, now this is something they have to explain.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:08 am

Simply bad writing. Just replace Botamo or Magetta with the Yardat(ian) and the issue is resolved.