So about the U6 namekians?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

So about the U6 namekians?

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:53 am

in the preview we see a lot of Namekians... it seems like they are all maybe fused into the 2 fighting.

Do you think all of them were forced or do you think it was a Namekian plan for the ToP.

Further more it would be interesting to know how many they have absorbed and if there are other namekians left

what if this 2 namekians are evil or something and because of being thirsty of power forcefully forced their people

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: So about the U6 namekians?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:00 am

The eyes have a reddish tint, Red Eyed form confirmed. :)

I really hope they haven't fused with other Namekians.

This unlimted regeneration better be good and Piccolo better get it.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:05 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:The eyes have a reddish tint, Red Eyed form confirmed. :)

Well seeing the preview and the namekians in the dark I can clearly see them fusing with others

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:15 am

Kishido wrote:

Well seeing the preview and the namekians in the dark I can clearly see them fusing with others
Why does Namekians being in the dark mean fusion? They could easily be talking about Universe 6 Namekians in general.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kishido wrote:

Why does Namekians being in the dark mean fusion? They could easily be talking about Universe 6 Namekians in general.
We will see... but wouldn’t be surprised at it.

Interesting to see what happens oof one of the two would absorb the other if they are close of beating beaten

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 am

Kishido wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kishido wrote:

Interesting to see what happens oof one of the two would absorb the other if they are close of beating beaten
If they are going to get rid of 1 then they might as well get rid of the other and have the fusion of Pirina and Saonel fuse with Piccolo.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:21 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kishido wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

If they are going to get rid of 1 then they might as well get rid of the other and have the fusion of Pirina and Saonel fuse with Piccolo.
Would be nice as well

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:34 am

It wouldn't surprise me if they fused the entire race down to 2 warriors before the tournament. It wouldn't surprise me if they fused further into one Namekian.

What would surprise me is if Piccolo fused with them. I'm in the "Its not happening" camp.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm hoping those scenes with the namekians is just related to Saonel or Pirina revealing something about their race in U6. They look menacing and evil, that's kind of cool.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:03 pm

I'd have to check again to be sure but the other Namekians in the preview just looked like duplicates of Saonel and Pirina to me.

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:12 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if they fused the entire race down to 2 warriors before the tournament. It wouldn't surprise me if they fused further into one Namekian.

What would surprise me is if Piccolo fused with them. I'm in the "Its not happening" camp.
Best explanation possible for why they were not in the previous tournament.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:38 pm

I hopw they're not fused. Those two struggeled with base Gohan and haven't eliminated a single person yet. Would be quite underwhelming if this is how strong the fusion can get.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:55 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I'd have to check again to be sure but the other Namekians in the preview just looked like duplicates of Saonel and Pirina to me.
Same.

It would be interesting, I guess, if the two U6 namekians are crazy, ultimate U6 fusions, but, for now, I'm doubting it.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:48 pm

Ziegander wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I'd have to check again to be sure but the other Namekians in the preview just looked like duplicates of Saonel and Pirina to me.
Same.

It would be interesting, I guess, if the two U6 namekians are crazy, ultimate U6 fusions, but, for now, I'm doubting it.
You would think they would be a lot stronger if the fused that many times.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Can't they just be two super Nameks and call it a day? We dont need any more fusions. I just hope they are hiding some real power and mop the floor with the fake Namek Piccolo.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:11 am

I'm of the opinion that the dark hued silhouettes are either a visual representation of the U6 Namekians' culture and history or Saonel and Pirina are discussing their relationship to said Namekians. Could it be a representation of some collective merger? Yes, but like others, I would find it disheartening to believe that the merged powers of so many Namekians amounted to just locking horns with a down on his luck Piccolo and Base Gohan. I mean really, what happened to all that posturing and hype about how the Namekians, more especially the Child of Katatz, was a gifted prodigy who could stand up to the Saiyans, fight Freeza, and handle himself against even the Super Saiyans? If peoples' speculations were to come to pass then what's going on right now would really just be a pale imitation of that former glory. With that said, part of me is preparing to hear that that is the case.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 am

Lionel wrote:I'm of the opinion that the dark hued silhouettes are either a visual representation of the U6 Namekians' culture and history or Saonel and Pirina are discussing their relationship to said Namekians. Could it be a representation of some collective merger? Yes, but like others, I would find it disheartening to believe that the merged powers of so many Namekians amounted to just locking horns with a down on his luck Piccolo and Base Gohan. I mean really, what happened to all that posturing and hype about how the Namekians, more especially the Child of Katatz, was a gifted prodigy who could stand up to the Saiyans, fight Freeza, and handle himself against even the Super Saiyans? If peoples' speculations were to come to pass then what's going on right now would really just be a pale imitation of that former glory. With that said, part of me is preparing to hear that that is the case.
If they are all fused then Piccolo probably never has any hope of becoming stronger unless he fuses with Saonel and Pirina.

Surely all of them fusing is way too dark.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:42 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lionel wrote:I'm of the opinion that the dark hued silhouettes are either a visual representation of the U6 Namekians' culture and history or Saonel and Pirina are discussing their relationship to said Namekians. Could it be a representation of some collective merger? Yes, but like others, I would find it disheartening to believe that the merged powers of so many Namekians amounted to just locking horns with a down on his luck Piccolo and Base Gohan. I mean really, what happened to all that posturing and hype about how the Namekians, more especially the Child of Katatz, was a gifted prodigy who could stand up to the Saiyans, fight Freeza, and handle himself against even the Super Saiyans? If peoples' speculations were to come to pass then what's going on right now would really just be a pale imitation of that former glory. With that said, part of me is preparing to hear that that is the case.
If they are all fused then Piccolo probably never has any hope of becoming stronger unless he fuses with Saonel and Pirina.

To be honest, I've said this several times now, but if the creative staff had the gumption to actually give Piccolo resources like the Kaioken and god ki, it's very plausible that he could be made a viable competitor once again. The only reasons I can think of for why that isn't happening is because either they haven't thought of it or they don't want to besmirch Goku and Vegeta's glorious pedestals of strength and distinction. It's possible they may disagree with the idea of Piccolo, Tenshinhan and Krillin all going at Toppo or Goku Black with those aforementioned tools available.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:53 am

Lionel wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

To be honest, I've said this several times now, but if the creative staff had the gumption to actually give Piccolo resources like the Kaioken and god ki, it's very plausible that he could be made a viable competitor once again. The only reasons I can think of for why that isn't happening is because either they haven't thought of it or they don't want to besmirch Goku and Vegeta's glorious pedestals of strength and distinction. It's possible they may disagree with the idea of Piccolo, Tenshinhan and Krillin all going at Toppo or Goku Black with those aforementioned tools available.
He doesn't have to be Goku or Vegeta level.

I hope they haven't fused with a lot of others as I can't think of a worse backstory.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:15 am

The Namekians would either have to have been coerced into agreeing to merge or they don't mind giving up their individual sovereignty to become part of some centralised hive mind. I'm also of the opinion that they shouldn't be written in such a manner. It's bad enough that the U6 Namekians have had so little exposure while the U6 Saiyans get paraded around like wondrous beacons of prestige and honour. Writing them off as expendable power batteries would only discredit what societal and cultural intrigue they share.