"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:11 am

Because the outline said that they were supposed to last this long despite doing nothing, they seem like huge wastes of space.

Last thing we saw about them was Biarra getting offscreened by 17 and Katopelsa lolstomped by Base Vegeta.

Toei doesnt know how to use the Monster of the Week format properly.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:11 am

Chuquita wrote:If they can stretch Caulifla and Kale vs Gokû to almost a month they can stretch Jiren to twice as long. Probably.

I just want to know what the next arc is.
Caulifla and Kale vs Goku was two episodes, the other two was the fusion, which was technically another person. Goku also have already fought Jiren for two episodes.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 am

HeroR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:If they can stretch Caulifla and Kale vs Gokû to almost a month they can stretch Jiren to twice as long. Probably.

I just want to know what the next arc is.
Caulifla and Kale vs Goku was two episodes, the other two was the fusion, which was technically another person. Goku also have already fought Jiren for two episodes.
So a month was wasted on Kale and Caulifla. No need for mental gymnastics.
Ki Breaker wrote:Universe 6 is annihilated?!
Fuck yeah!
Here's hoping SDB's can't undo zenos wish..

I admire your bloodlust. :lol:

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:34 am

lol I knew these Namekians were a joke the moment they appeared, which was technically their actual debut. And no, them being eliminated the last doesn't mean anything, it's just their luck. In the end, they didn't have any unique personality and didn't add anything new to the series. Even Piccolo gave 0 shits about them.

This kind of writing and fake tension to hype the viewers really annoys me now. To make them first appear as mysterious silhouettes and remain unknown for few episodes, then casually reveal their so original faces in the GodPad for the first time. On top of that, their actual debut was a failed pathetic attempt to attack Goku from the back.

Ribrianne was the same and more, they even added her to Heroes and many of the ToP stuff alongside Jiren and Saiyan girls, in the end, she didn't eliminate any major character.

I-It's not like I care about them or anything b-baka! lol but I kinda feel sad for the fans who keep getting their expectations betrayed like this forever.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 am

Why are you saying all this before 118 airs. That's where they will get their much needed screentime and focus.

I swear, the DB fandom never learns to stop judging before the actual product is out.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:40 am

OverHeaven wrote:lol I knew these Namekians were a joke the moment they appeared, which was technically their actual debut. And no, them being eliminated the last doesn't mean anything, it's just their luck. In the end, they didn't have any unique personality and didn't add anything new to the series. Even Piccolo gave 0 shits about them.

This kind of writing and fake tension to hype the viewers really annoys me now. To make them first appear as mysterious silhouettes and remain unknown for few episodes, then casually reveal their so original faces in the GodPad for the first time. On top of that, their actual debut was a failed pathetic attempt to attack Goku from the back.

Ribrianne was the same and more, they even added her to Heroes and many of the ToP stuff alongside Jiren and Saiyan girls, in the end, she didn't eliminate any major character.

I-It's not like I care about them or anything b-baka! lol but I kinda feel sad for the fans who keep getting their expectations betrayed like this forever.
They obviously wasn't going to be successful in knocking Goku out.

I don't care what you think as I wanted to see Universe 6 Namekians even if the way they were presented was not that good.

They are at least going to have a decent fight and have 'unlimited regeneration' like the preview said. You also have no clue what they might reveal in the episode that could mean something to Piccolo in some future arc. Piccolo seemed interested in them when they started fighting before.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:lol I knew these Namekians were a joke the moment they appeared, which was technically their actual debut. And no, them being eliminated the last doesn't mean anything, it's just their luck. In the end, they didn't have any unique personality and didn't add anything new to the series. Even Piccolo gave 0 shits about them.

I don't care what you think as I wanted to see Universe 6 Namekians even if the way they were presented was not that good.

They are at least going to have a decent fight and have 'unlimited regeneration' like the preview said. You also have no clue what they might reveal in the episode that could mean something to Piccolo in some future arc. Piccolo seemed interested in them when they started fighting before.
The Namekians will be a disappointment. It's inevitable.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

The Namekians will be a disappointment. It's inevitable.
At least we got 2 Namekians instead of another 2 Saiyans. The preview also hints at some backstory that no one else has got so it is at least something and for some people potential fusion material for Piccolo at some point in the future.

The only new fighter who won't be a real dissapointment is Jiren.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:58 am

Majin Jator wrote:Let's be honest, this sh*t is worst than Midi-chlorians. Well, equally bad, but I don't care nearly as much about SW.
I guess many people will be happy to have an explanation, even if is cringeworthy. I personally don't take those things into account until they are stated in the series, so no kais born from fruits, no to 16 created in the image of Gero's son, no Lapis & Lazuli, and definitely no S-Cells. I may like some of those ideas, but AT should't feel tied to the stuff he makes up in interviews, amd may change it if it suits the story.
Nah, not worse than that at all. SSJ was at least implied to have something to do with battle power and genetics in some form. Midichlorians was not only never hinted at all, but it goes against the initial nature of what the Force was supposed to be.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:01 am

SansrivaaL wrote:You mean like what happened with Naruto and Sasugay? Hopefully not.
This is not an appropriate way to talk here or anywhere else.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:02 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: They obviously wasn't going to be successful in knocking Goku out.

I didn't say they should've eliminated Goku, I don't have any problem with that scene other than the fact that it was their actual debut. Also, I don't care that you don't care about what I think :( lol jk : ) Not sure about that "decent fight", but let's hope you're right. It's not like I want them to perform bad, I'm just saying what I think. Now they were fighting Piccolo and Gohan almost for each new episode with 2~3 minutes long that it's not interesting anymore.

Also, you have no clue that they will do something big. I'm talking based on their personalities and how they were treated up until now, even their response to Champa about how we will not lose and don't worry was meh. Now if they did a 180 change in a single episode out of the blue that's a bad writing and not my problem. Piccolo treated them like any normal nobodies since the beginning, can't see them do anything that's will mean something to him, especially in future arcs.

Anyway, my first post was mainly about the writing direction and not the characters themselves.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:05 am

OverHeaven wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: They obviously wasn't going to be successful in knocking Goku out.

I didn't say they should've eliminated Goku, I don't have any problem with that scene other than the fact that it was their actual debut. Also, I don't care that you don't care about what I think :( lol jk : ) Not sure about that "decent fight", but let's hope you're right. It's not like I want them to perform bad, I'm just saying what I think. Now they were fighting Piccolo and Gohan almost for each new episode with 2~3 minutes long that it's not interesting anymore.

Also, you have no clue that they will do something big. I'm talking based on their personalities and how they were treated up until now, even their response to Champa about how we will not lose and don't worry was meh. Now if they did a 180 change in a single episode out of the blue that's a bad writing and not my problem. Piccolo treated them like any normal nobodies since the beginning, can't see them do anything that's will mean something to him, especially in future arcs.

Anyway, my first post was mainly about the writing direction and not the characters themselves.
I am confident we will see more of their personality in episode 118 with some backstory that was hinted at in the preview.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:27 am

Scan for episode 119.

It doesn't say anything new.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:32 am

Boy that was blunt. Right in the sadness. :cry: Oh well, not like we didn't know it was going to happen eventually. Godspeed, Universe 6. Hopefully we see you again in a couple months. Also hope they have an emotional send-off but with the amount of total apathy in this arc I'm not holding my breath.

I get the feeling Damon and Gamisaras probably aren't going to last beyond 120 or 121. An all-out assault on U7 is pretty much a guaranteed death flag in this arc.

I've been keeping up on the details of the arc through summaries and what not, but I've been thinking that maybe I should just go ahead and finish watching it. It sounds like we're near the end and I already stuck with it up to 114/115. Might as well see it through to the end, right?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:38 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Boy that was blunt. Right in the sadness. :cry: Oh well, not like we didn't know it was going to happen eventually. Godspeed, Universe 6. Hopefully we see you again in a couple months. Also hope they have an emotional send-off but with the amount of total apathy in this arc I'm not holding my breath.

I get the feeling Damon and Gamisaras probably aren't going to last beyond 120 or 121. An all-out assault on U7 is pretty much a guaranteed death flag in this arc.

I've been keeping up on the details of the arc through summaries and what not, but I've been thinking that maybe I should just go ahead and finish watching it. It sounds like we're near the end and I already stuck with it up to 114/115. Might as well see it through to the end, right?
Remeber this is not supposed to be released until Monday so this is basically saying what has already happened.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:07 am

HeroR wrote:
Willpower is needed somewhat since the U6 Saiyans never got Super Saiyan despite meeting all the requirements. It just isn't the main trigger. And Goten and Trunks being enhanced by genetics was always a thing since they got Super Saiyan easily by being hybrids and tailless. Them having a bunch of S-Cells just added to this, that and going up on the nice Earth.

Fans hated the midichlorian explanation because it took away from the 'mystical power' aspect of the Force, which people say like the power of God. Here is how I put it on Reddit:

Like in real life. Something that started out as 'mystic power' becomes 'just a thing' as we learn more about it and how it works. Like the weather was once 'mystic power'.
The tailless hybrid theory has going around for years, that's true, but it's only been discussed in a few places seriously (this site included) Gohan kinda disproved that theory sine he still seemed the strongest out of all the hybrids and was born with a tail. Though growing up in a peaceful environment also being a factor, I don't know about that.

The science-mysticism bit is a good analogy, but I guess I also understand the frustration with the need to explain everything.

So it's confirmed it's Universe 6. Kinda expected it. Here's to hoping the last fight is a good one. Still think Gohan will be the one to give the final blast, since he seems to be in his Ultimate form in the preview.
Also, no hint as to who the 'victim' is. Darn.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:18 am

More like Toei tried fake fans in order to fool fans and get their $$$$, basically they are like the WWE.

If you wants things to change, idk just do a world wide massive complain on their twitter account and main site, do crazy stuff like uploading vids about burning Goku merchandise and tweet to Toei and Toshio. WWE fans did something like that when Bryan was held down and Roman Reigns was being pushed down the fans throats.

Toei depends on merchandise, if merchandise sales decreased they would be force to change imo.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:21 am

perucho1990 wrote:

More like Toei tried fake fans in order to fool fans and get their $$$$, basically they are like the WWE.

If you wants things to change, idk just do a world wide massive complain on their twitter account and main site, do crazy stuff like uploading vids about burning Goku merchandise and tweet to Toei and Toshio. WWE fans did something like that when Bryan was held down and Roman Reigns was being pushed down the fans throats.

Toei depends on merchandise, if merchandise sales decreased they would be force to change imo.
The exact opposite has been happening as of late, ironically.
Feels over Reals.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:27 am

Of course the Namekians get taken out next episode. To be fair, their on-screen battle time was roughly the same as Cabba's; a well-established veteran of the Super series at this point. It could have been worse, but then it could have been much better. You have the first two Namekians in decades that aren't Piccolo being allowed to fight and their debut amounts to little else beyond some underhanded backstabbing as someone else described it along with some ancillary cut-aways leading up to an episode partly dedicated to their fight where everyone's favourite Namekian may or may not have been eliminated. It's almost guaranteed that the U6 Saiyans will show up again. U6 Namekians are a scarcity and they don't have much reason to appear outside of needing an extended roster of fighters for tournaments. Plus, who else besides Piccolo even has an interest in them?

It's a bit disappointing. We're supposed to keep leveled expectations but a part of you can't help but feel that maybe there is a chance for something big and exciting to happen. The episode has yet to air but with the manner in which 118 is being described, it sounds like Universe 6's erasure is the topmost focus instead of any new developments involving the fighters themselves.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 am

Yet Cabba ended up with the most singles eliminations in U6, with 3.