Chances of Yamoshi being featured in a movie?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Chances of Yamoshi being featured in a movie?

Post by Xeztin » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Whats the chances of it happening based on Toriyama’s latest interview about the original SSG?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Chances of Yamoshi being featured in a movie?

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:36 am

Zero.

There are many ideas, concepts, characters that are only mentioned in interviews and none of them were featured anywhere else outside of those interviews. Why would they bother expanding the lore with what really matters, right? So no, don't expect Yamoshi to appear so soon.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:55 am

Yamoshi's story seems like it would benefit from having a tone like the one in the Trunks special. I would love a new darker film/special.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:15 am

Grimlock wrote:There are many ideas, concepts, characters that are only mentioned in interviews and none of them were featured anywhere else outside of those interviews.
Some interview/guidebook tidbits do eventually blossom into in-series things. Duel-eye scouters which later appeared in Revival of F on Tagoma, Kaio and Kaioshin being "Gods of Creation", and #17 being a park ranger come to mind. I'm not getting my hopes up, but the chance is demonstrably greater than zero. There's really no way to tell which factoids will be utilized and which ones will fade into obscurity, and this one (like every single other one of them) could literally go either way.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:41 am

You could say he already has. Like in super when beerus destroyed that planet in the first few episodes it might of been yamoshi that showed up in his vision. Also when vegeta was talking about the legend of the super saiyan in z. But in a real sense I doubt it, at best we can hope for is Akira Toriyama to give us a doddle of him.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:36 pm

It would be a great idea for a new OVA/special, but I don't want Toriyama skipping on characters or concepts he teases just because a better idea came along. If they haven't been retconned as Gods of Destruction I still want to see a Makaioshin before Toriyama forgets (if he hasn't already).
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Maybe they can use the super dragon balls to revive him. ^^
Hi