How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: How did you decide/get your avatar?

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:01 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:Sorta following suit with an avatar change after Tsuru's passing, except I'm opting for Leona from Dominion Tank Police. Fantastic Seinen title (with a lot of caustic social satire on the thin line between authority and authoritarianism in law enforcement) that I'd highly recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it, and Tsuru's Leona is wonderful fun - and a cheerful moral center of an otherwise fairly bleak dystopian nightmare of a future society - throughout. One of Masamune Shirow's - of Ghost in the Shell fame - all time greatest creations, besides the cyber-ized world of Kusanagi and co.
Is it still Tsuru in New Dominion Tank Police? I ask because I believe that's the one my fiancee has.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 am

Anna Kyoyama is my favourite girl in Shaman King.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Kunzait_83 wrote:Sorta following suit with an avatar change after Tsuru's passing, except I'm opting for Leona from Dominion Tank Police. Fantastic Seinen title (with a lot of caustic social satire on the thin line between authority and authoritarianism in law enforcement) that I'd highly recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it, and Tsuru's Leona is wonderful fun - and a cheerful moral center of an otherwise fairly bleak dystopian nightmare of a future society - throughout. One of Masamune Shirow's - of Ghost in the Shell fame - all time greatest creations, besides the cyber-ized world of Kusanagi and co.
Is it still Tsuru in New Dominion Tank Police? I ask because I believe that's the one my fiancee has.
Unfortunately no. She was recast in that one I think.

New Dominion's still pretty good and I like it well enough, but the original OVA is an absolute standout classic. And yeah, Tsuru's Leona was a highlight.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm

I'm gonna have Bulma in my avatar for a while too. It's one of my favorite chapter page illustrations that was translated into the anime via Romantic Ageru Yo.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'll definitely be trying to watch some more of Hiromi Tsuru's shows soon. There's far too many I haven't seen yet.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Bulma was always one of my favorite anime female characters ever, because she proves a female can be useful in a battle shonen without know how to fight or being reduced to just fanservice.

I've been in this forum since 2013 and I never changed my SSG Goku avatar since then, but out of respect for Hiromi Tsuru-san I did it now. I will keep it for some days.

(1960-2017)
Rest in peace, Hiromi Tsuru and thank you for these 30+ years. You've been there since the beginning.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:03 am

In honour of Hiromi Tsuru's death I'm using a Bulma avatar. Call it generic if you will but it's the best image to show the Bulma I've known. It captures the personality of the character I've fallen in love with.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:22 am

Following the wave of everyone changing their avatar for Hiromi Tsuru, I changed mine even though I don't post. She was the first voice of the Namekian Currently Known As Piccolo, the titular star of Young Piccolo which aired on CBS in the late 80's. Though critically panned it meant a lot to kids like me...simply put...Young Piccolo taught me that it is okay to be weird. I had no choice but to dedicate my avatar space to this fact and to her.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Along with everybody doing an avatar i spirit of Hiromi Tsuru, I decided to do Yubel, from Yu-Gi-Oh! DM GX, rather than doing a Bulma like half the forum is (And Really Liking YGO.)

How fitting she is sad in this photo.
:( :cry:

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:33 pm

Would upload at it's native size 66x132 but 100x100 is the limit "yet some have avatars 90x150..."

RIP :(
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:33 am

Daimo-Rukiri wrote: Would upload at it's native size 66x132 but 100x100 is the limit "yet some have avatars 90x150..."
You can do same, just mentioning it's 100x100 in the avatar settings does the tick..
Unless I am misunderstanding and you are simply saying why are they allowed to go beyond 100x100 even if it's possible.. In Which case it seems to be fine, as long as the width isn't too much that is..
SansrivaaL wrote: Image
This is one of the coolest Goku moments, would be better if some of them actually hit or did something..

As for how I decided to get my avatar, I couldn't decide, as you can see..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 am

8-2 baby, skol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:21 am

Ki Breaker wrote: This is one of the coolest Goku moments, would be better if some of them actually hit or did something..

As for how I decided to get my avatar, I couldn't decide, as you can see..
We all know it wouldnt, those girls are Toei's baby characters, they must be protected at all costs while looking good despite the odds against them! this isnt like attitude era DB, this is PG ERA DB!

Amagi brilliant park... t'was a fun anime if only KyoAni stuck with the actual source.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:40 am

SansrivaaL wrote: Amagi brilliant park... t'was a fun anime if only KyoAni stuck with the actual source.
True, but it's not that bad, yeah we would have gotten the elementario to form later and mc being even more of a badass for one, but if they diligently followed the light novel he would end up completing the guest count in 4-5 episodes tops, while we could get more content, ending the season would have been a little out of the left field if not done intelligently..

Either way it's almost impossible for it to get a second season anyways, but I assume you already know the details to that.. :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:52 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:8-2 baby, skol.
9-2 now :D

Isaac Hayes was awesome, and Hot Buttered Soul is a classic. Sucks that he was on South Park tho.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Just got done watching GT with my Dad (his first time), and I've always loved ending 4, so I made (painstakingly) this GIF of SS Goku walking my avatar. Took lots of time cutting the frames and resizing them (because they're zooming out slowly).
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Decided to go with a Bulma avatar to honor Hiromi Tsuru's memory.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Just got done watching GT with my Dad (his first time), and I've always loved ending 4, so I made (painstakingly) this GIF of SS Goku walking my avatar. Took lots of time cutting the frames and resizing them (because they're zooming out slowly).
How on Earth were you able to use such a big avatar?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:19 am

I have my Christmas Spawn avatar up.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 am

ringworm128 wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Just got done watching GT with my Dad (his first time), and I've always loved ending 4, so I made (painstakingly) this GIF of SS Goku walking my avatar. Took lots of time cutting the frames and resizing them (because they're zooming out slowly).
How on Earth were you able to use such a big avatar?
If it's vertically larger than horizontally, then that will be reflected in your avatar, even if the image is set to 100 x 100. It's probably an oversight, but I really want it to remain because slightly more vertical avatars don't hurt the post formatting, and in cases like this look really cool. :mrgreen:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 am

We don't have enough of the trio