Android 18 has to be eliminated by U3 in the upcoming episodes

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Android 18 has to be eliminated by U3 in the upcoming episodes

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:12 am

In my opinion, it would be best for the writers to have Android 18 in the upcoming episodes for the following reasons:

1. U3 needs to get at least one elimination. So far, U3 hasn't eliminated anyone despite the fact that they're one of the last 3 remaining universes, so it would make them look really bad if they didn't end of eliminating anyone, especially since they still have 5 fighters remaining when they start their fight with U7.

2. More U7 members need to get eliminated to increase the tension. In this arc, there has honestly been no tension despite severe punishment for losing, and this is because U7 has been dominating this tournament way too much so far. Universe 7 has had the most fights in this tournament and they have eliminated the most people in this tournament by a wide margin, yet they still have the most people left. This makes the competition look like scrubs and it decreases the tension, so I want both of the androids to be eliminated not only to make U3 look like a credible threat, but also to increase the tension when U7 vs U11 starts.

3. Android 18 wouldn't be able to do anything against U11. Android 18 is weak sauce compared to the likes of Dyspo, Toppo, and Jiren, so she wouldn't be able to do anything against either of these 3 unless the writers decide to do some really bad powerscaling. If 18 did fight one of these 3, she would just get trashed and tossed out in a matter of seconds, so I'd rather see her go out by having an intense fight with someone from U3 any ultimately losing (though knowing Toei, they would just have someone cheapshot her out of the ring since Toei doesn't seem to want any of the U7 members to get overpowered and tossed out fair and square).

precita
Banned

Re: Android 18 has to be eliminated by U3 in the upcoming episodes

Post by precita » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:17 am

She probably will be. Not a big deal.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:40 am

I feel like the best decision would be to have her AND 17 go out to Universe 3. That'll give 3 some runs on the board, and narrow it down to the four most important U7 fighters versus the three most important Universe 11 characters for the finale. Then, if Vegeta does his job (so to speak) against Jiren, you'll be left with three on three, and the tension that comes with Freeza being the most reliably powerful member remaining.

The lack of tension has been one of the arcs biggest issue, but I honestly think the Androids losing to 3 would do a lot to remedy it. While they obviously don't stand a chance against Toppo or Jiren, having them in there gives Universe 7 a safety net in numbers, since they would likely be hanging back and avoiding direct confrontation. If they're gone, you're left with tired Goku, unreliable Freeza, and the underpowered Gohan and Vegeta taking on three powerful and well-rested Pride Troopers. That's a recipe for a decent final battle.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:52 am

Despite having an injured ankle she was able to beat Ribrianne, survive Damon, dare I say I think she'll survive U3 as well. More so she'll beat Jiren and then get her prize money, believe it! Jokes aside I think it's likely that she's getting taken out in 121 which I'd be fine with she's gotten pretty good treatment thus far.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:08 am

CriticalThinker wrote:Despite having an injured ankle she was able to beat Ribrianne, survive Damon, dare I say I think she'll survive U3 as well. More so she'll beat Jiren and then get her prize money, believe it! Jokes aside I think it's likely that she's getting taken out in 121 which I'd be fine with she's gotten pretty good treatment thus far.
Honestly, every enemy in this tournament has been so disappointing (besides U6 and U11) that I'm starting to wonder who damaged #18's ankle.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:12 am

I did not expect 18 to do this well.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:24 am

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:Despite having an injured ankle she was able to beat Ribrianne, survive Damon, dare I say I think she'll survive U3 as well. More so she'll beat Jiren and then get her prize money, believe it! Jokes aside I think it's likely that she's getting taken out in 121 which I'd be fine with she's gotten pretty good treatment thus far.
Honestly, every enemy in this tournament has been so disappointing (besides U6 and U11) that I'm starting to wonder who damaged #18's ankle.
I will agree that many of the universes and the characters shown in them did end up being disappointing. The only one that didn't really disappoint me was Ribrianne because I enjoyed her despite her being pretty weak. For who injured her ankle I'm guessing it was the plot that injured her.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:37 am

both her and 17 need to be eliminated because they past their prime already. they been in the spotlight enough and now its time for vegeta to shine

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:21 am

Nope. Hoping she along with her brother sticks around to the inevitable moment where Jiren takes out the majority of team U7. Also hope she gives Dyspo a run for his money along with 17.

ulitmax999

Post by ulitmax999 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:00 am

Dont care

All other fighter doesn't mean shit at all. it just comes to jiren vs goku.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:24 am

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:Nope. Hoping she along with her brother sticks around to the inevitable moment where Jiren takes out the majority of team U7. Also hope she gives Dyspo a run for his money along with 17.
Same. I see no reason universe 3 "needs" some eliminations. I think 17/18 could do some team work strats with maybe another character to get rid of toppo or dyspo. I find all those characters more interesting than robots.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:30 am

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:Nope. Hoping she along with her brother sticks around to the inevitable moment where Jiren takes out the majority of team U7. Also hope she gives Dyspo a run for his money along with 17.
I agree with this sentiment (except for the Dyspo part as I want him to keep his top tier status). I am surprised that she's made it this far, but am also glad that she's still here even though she outlasted my favorite character Piccolo. I really just want to see a different lineup for U7 than Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Frieza. That's a little too predictable for me. I really just want to see one of the Saiyans eliminated and among the three, Vegeta is my candidate as I don't see him adding much to this tournament. To me he's Goku's second fiddle in just about every way, even fight choreography. I'll promptly shut my face if they give him another moment like his rematch with GB Rose (Bejita Ouji!!!), or make him as cool as his manga counterpart.

Ideal final 5 would be
Goku, Frieza, Gohan, 17, 18

Ideal final 4
Goku, Frieza, Gohan, 18 (after 17 sacrifices himself saving her)

Ideal final 3
Goku, Frieza, Gohan (at the end of the day I guess I'm still pretty boring)

Ideal final 2
Gohan, Frieza

Ideal winner
Jiren (But Gohan or Frieza winning would be interesting too)

OMGHYPE Ideal Winner
Ultra Instinct Frieza (it'll never happen)
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:33 am

Based off spoilers, I think 17 might go out with 18 and U3. Then it's going to be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Freeza against Jiren, Toppo, and Dyspo. Just my guess.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:52 am

puar wrote:both her and 17 need to be eliminated because they past their prime already. they been in the spotlight enough and now its time for vegeta to shine
Android 17 is in the Gohan/Vegeta/Golden Frieza tier so it would be huge if U3 eliminates him.

Personally I hope Android 17 stays and takes out Dyspo before getting crushed by Jiren. I want to see Android 17 go all out and still not be able to do a thing against Jiren before Jiren eliminates him.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:04 am

KingKaash wrote:
puar wrote:both her and 17 need to be eliminated because they past their prime already. they been in the spotlight enough and now its time for vegeta to shine
Android 17 is in the Gohan/Vegeta/Golden Frieza tier so it would be huge if U3 eliminates him.

Personally I hope Android 17 stays and takes out Dyspo before getting crushed by Jiren. I want to see Android 17 go all out and still not be able to do a thing against Jiren before Jiren eliminates him.
17 in golden frieza and vegeta level? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:07 am

I want her to stay in as long as possible, but I have a feeling she will go in in 121 along with 17. I have a feeling 17 will eliminate one more fighter, thus he will have just as much eliminations as 18 does, and then he will get eliminated by U3 or U11 along with 18.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:15 am

I think she will get knocked out by Universe 7, how? I think that Papparoni will somehow manage to control the androids and turn them against his own teamates against their will, this way we will get a possible three on three fight: Gohan vs Papparoni, Goku vs 17 and Vegeta vs 18, as we know that Frieza will observe from the shadows, this way we are prepared to get the most likely scenario against U11: Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Frieza vs Jiren, Toppo and Dypso

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:40 am

as I always say i want Gohan to be eliminated soon, especially now that Piccolo [the shield] is gone.

I love that #18 and #17 are doing good in the tournament. They do a good teamwork with Goku, and this is new and really cool.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:14 am

puar wrote:
KingKaash wrote:

17 in golden frieza and vegeta level? hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Golden Frieza gets knocked out to base by SSJB Goku punch in front of Beerus and Whis. Android 17 goes head to head with SSJB Goku and doesn't seem bothered much. And I personally like to believe that SSJB Goku and SSJB Vegeta are very close to each other in power. So Android 17 looks like he's in the Golden Frieza/SSJB Vegeta tier but you keep laughing and I'll keep using facts
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:27 am

I've really enjoyed seeing the androids doing so well. I expected #17 to do well as they spoke about how strong he was before the tournament, but #18 has been a pleasant surprise package.

Personally I'm expecting them all to hang on for now and then have a number of eliminations against Universe 11, to heighten the gravity of that particular situation.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.