"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:47 am

It is basically a reimagination of cell Vs Mr Satan.Cell is not to reappear.
From herms:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/9409 ... 94368?s=17
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 am

Can anyone round up all the manga leaks and post them together?

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:55 am

There are only a few pages so far, but here they are.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:57 am

Terez wrote:There are only a few pages so far, but here they are.
Even on kanzenshuu,our favourite reddit moderator terez is the best.

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:58 am

Not all: https://dragonballsuper-france.fr/drago ... es-images/

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 am

Rhuagh wrote:
Not all: https://dragonballsuper-france.fr/drago ... es-images/
Yeah, I just found those and came here to link. I used to follow them on Twitter but they post too much bullshit so I unfollowed them.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 am

I didn't know if we were allowed to post those so I didn't.
Next time I'll just post the site instead of the single images

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:06 am

Is Goku lying to 18 and Krillin?

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:08 am

Piccolo asks goku for a lot of senzu so he can gohan back into shape
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/9409 ... 76481?s=17

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:12 am

Hawk9211 wrote:Piccolo asks goku for a lot of senzu so he can gohan back into shape
Lol exact opposites
Anime Goku tells Piccolo to train Gohan, saying he knows Gohan has it in him
Manga Goku has completely given up on trying to get Gohan to fight, and Piccolo is the one bringing him back.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 am

Krillin1994 wrote:Is Goku lying to 18 and Krillin?
Yes,a ten million prize and killing has good cooking.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/9409 ... 19968?s=17
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/9409 ... 13760?s=17

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:23 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:Piccolo asks goku for a lot of senzu so he can gohan back into shape
Lol exact opposites
Manga Goku has completely given up on trying to get Gohan to fight, and Piccolo is the one bringing him back.
Actually, that's not what I recall. Goku goes to Piccolo to tell him about the tournament and Piccolo asks about Gohan ( probably how he handled himself in the exhibition match) and Goku tells him he's not doing that great but he knows he has it in him (?) and then Piccolo asks Goku to bring him the senzu beans, because he'll train him. No prompting from Goku. Goku just says that he is counting of Piccolo . The whole exchange between them in the anime seems good-humored, but I get a sense of animosity from Piccolo here. Like he's not happy about the tournament at all.

Same as back in U6 when he was about to step into the ring against Frost- Goku's bluntness was met with amusement in the anime, while in the manga Piccolo seemed to have actually been offended.

Again, as someone who has not yet read the manga and only keeps up with the discussion for the sake of seeing what is different, that is what I get.

However, that is a really nice close up of Piccolo's face there. He looks a lot like how Toriyama drew him in the Cell Saga :)

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 am

If the chapter ends with Piccolo yelling at Goku "do you think we can win without him! (Gohan)" then I really think Gohan is gonna get a major major moment towards the end of the tournament now.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:26 am

According to someone, who is often reliable 17 is stronger than ssj3 goku and he only recruits 17,18 and krillin with piccolo appearing at the end.I got this from naruto forums.
@Michsi
In manga, gohan started training in gravity chamber a few days after zamasu arc.Now,if piccolo beats him like in anime would not that be a major power boost?

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:31 am

Herms went to the Chinese source for those images so they are included in the album without db-z watermarks.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:34 am

Terez wrote:Herms went to the Chinese source for those images so they are included in the album without db-z watermarks.
Apparently,Rai from naruto forums has access to full chapter.He is pretty reliable since he also provides scan for nanatsu no taizai.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:37 am

Hawk9211 wrote:According to someone, who is often reliable 17 is stronger than ssj3 goku and he only recruits 17,18 and krillin with piccolo appearing at the end.I got this from naruto forums.
@Michsi
In manga, gohan started training in gravity chamber a few days after zamasu arc.Now,if piccolo beats him like in anime would not that be a major power boost?

For Gohan or Piccolo? I don't really keep track of power progression, it's all very complicated (see rumor of 17 reaching SSJ3 level, because why not....)

But what I'm talking about is how characters are handled. Piccolo seems much colder and aloof in the manga than in the anime. Even in the original manga, Piccolo had thawed considerably by the Buu Saga and was always friendly with Goku. Wasn't Piccolo said to be the person Goku gets along with best next to Krillin ?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 am

*sighs* I suppose that it's indeed true that Toriyama wanted 17 to be strong. Well, at least it isn't as stupid as he being Blue tier. The rest looks pretty nice, I like 18's outfit.

Why is Goku wearing the mask?
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 am

Michsi wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Lol exact opposites
Actually, that's not what I recall. Goku goes to Piccolo to tell him about the tournament and Piccolo asks about Gohan ( probably how he handled himself in the exhibition match) and Goku tells him he's not doing that great but he knows he has it in him (?) and then Piccolo asks Goku to bring him the senzu beans, because he'll train him. No prompting from Goku. Goku just says that he is counting of Piccolo . The whole exchange between them in the anime seems good-humored, but I get a sense of animosity from Piccolo here. Like he's not happy about the tournament at all.

Same as back in U6 when he was about to step into the ring against Frost- Goku's bluntness was met with amusement in the anime, while in the manga Piccolo seemed to have actually been offended.

Again, as someone who has not yet read the manga and only keeps up with the discussion for the sake of seeing what is different, that is what I get.

However, that is a really nice close up of Piccolo's face there. He looks a lot like how Toriyama drew him in the Cell Saga :)
Piccolo had the exact same reaction in the manga to Goku's line as he did in the anime in regards to the Champa arc.
Here Piccolo is offended that Goku isn't even considering Gohan for the ToP. He's not colder and more aloof, he's just defending Gohan
You should really read it instead of just going off forum posts

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:46 am

Michsi wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Lol exact opposites

I don't see how anyone would be happy about a tournament that risks the entire universe, and that forces them to fight so other seven universes are destroyed. And Piccolo wasn't offended by Goku's comment, but by Frost's. He literally said that he could not even get respect from a stranger from other universe anymore.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.