"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:21 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Okay, this time for real. The card seems to be Golden Freeza? Something new related to him perhaps. I brightened to the max and could see purple feet.

warning: my masterpiece art
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

LET'S GOOO
That's some high level reaching there dude
Well, I'm pretty sure you can see the purple gems Golden Freeza has on his legs when you look closely. I may be wrong but I dunno, feeling confident for once that it's a new Freeza card.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:25 pm

Xeogran wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Okay, this time for real. The card seems to be Golden Freeza? Something new related to him perhaps. I brightened to the max and could see purple feet.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

LET'S GOOO
Well, I'm pretty sure you can see the purple gems Golden Freeza has on his legs when you look closely. I may be wrong but I dunno, feeling confident for once that it's a new Freeza card.
I'm pretty sure that could be apart of the new character
It stated the character has yet to appear in super and heroes isn't scared of spoiling shit they did it before
IDK how u can yell given the crappy resolutions

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
pacz360 wrote: That's some high level reaching there dude
I'm pretty sure that could be apart of the new character
It stated the character has yet to appear in super and heroes isn't scared of spoiling shit they did it before
IDK how u can yell given the crappy resolutions
That could also refer to a new form. Not necessarily a new character.

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Either vegeta or gohan will get a new form.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:Either vegeta or gohan will get a new form.
Usually a 'new character' isn't just a transformation. Like UI Goku isn't called a new character, but Kefla was since she was a fused character who is considered a separate individual.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:56 pm

I wonder if the card ends up being UI Vegito?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Since our last new character was a fusion, wonder if this one will be fusion as well. Goku and Gohan anyone?

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Michsi wrote:Since our last new character was a fusion, wonder if this one will be fusion as well. Goku and Gohan anyone?
Lol fusion between them will never happen .

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:43 pm

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
Michsi wrote:Since our last new character was a fusion, wonder if this one will be fusion as well. Goku and Gohan anyone?
It almost happened in the original story . This is what made me even think about it.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Michsi wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
It almost happened in the original story . This is what made me even think about it.
Goku isn't going to fused to beat a person who isn't a fusion themselves. Heck, Vegetto only happened because Toyo suggested him.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:55 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote: Lol fusion between them will never happen .
Goku isn't going to fused to beat a person who isn't a fusion themselves. Heck, Vegetto only happened because Toyo suggested him.
And what if Toyo suggests this too? Imagine if Toyo, as a kid, had looked forward to seeing what a fusion between Goku and Gohan would look like only for that to never materialize.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote: Lol fusion between them will never happen .
I agree and disagree. I agree he won't but at the same time if he had to it's universal destruction at stake. They have fused for less. I mean he didn't have an issue fusing for Buu. Buy does absorb however so you can argue that's similar.

Janemba was a movie so I'm not sure if anyone will count that instance either.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Michsi wrote:
And what if Toyo suggests this too? Imagine if Toyo, as a kid, had looked forward to seeing what a fusion between Goku and Gohan would look like only for that to never materialize.
That still runs into the problem that Goku isn't fusion to fight a non-fusion since it would be 'unfair'.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
I agree and disagree. I agree he won't but at the same time if he had to it's universal destruction at stake. They have fused for less. I mean he didn't have an issue fusing for Buu. Buy does absorb however so you can argue that's similar.

Janemba was a movie so I'm not sure if anyone will count that instance either.
You mean like Kid Buu who was also classified as an universal threat? He fused for Super Buu after he ate several people, but not Kid Buu since he wasn't a fusion anymore so it wasn't for for Goku and Vegeta for him to fuse. Yes, Goku actually used this argument.

The only non-fusion he humored was for Beerus and it's questionable if he would have done it or was just thinking how Vegetto compared to Beerus.
Kanassa wrote:

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Xeogran wrote:
pacz360 wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

LET'S GOOO
That picture is literally just useless noise. You're not seeing anything there.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:19 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
That still runs into the problem that Goku isn't fusion to fight a non-fusion since it would be 'unfair'.

Considering that their very lives are at stake, I think this is a situation dire enough for him to forsake his sense of fair play. Especially if Gohan asks him to.
Even Goku isn't that bull-headed. He hated getting the power of a god with someone else's help, but he sill did it.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Michsi wrote: Considering that their very lives are at stake, I think this is a situation dire enough for him to forsake his sense of fair play. Especially if Gohan asks him to.
Even Goku isn't that bull-headed. He hated getting the power of a god with someone else's help, but he sill did it.
Kid Buu fight, Buu blew up the planet killing Goku's sons and his friend Piccolo, and Buu was also an universal threat. So.....

He got the power of the god because he really wanted to fight Beerus. Not necessarily save the world or even his own life.
Kanassa wrote:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:39 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote: Considering that their very lives are at stake, I think this is a situation dire enough for him to forsake his sense of fair play. Especially if Gohan asks him to.
Kid Buu fight, Buu blew up the planet killing Goku's sons and his friend Piccolo, and Buu was also an universal threat. So.....
But he did it the first time, and was willing to use the potara the second time too until Vegeta broke his. He only went full jackass at the very end.
HeroR wrote:He got the power of the god because he really wanted to fight Beerus. Not necessarily save the world or even his own life.
Don't know how the anime/manga did it, but the original movie has him pretty concerned for his world. He is selfish, not a psychopath.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Michsi wrote:
But he did it the first time, and was willing to use the potara the second time too until Vegeta broke his. He only went full jackass at the very end.
HeroR wrote:He got the power of the god because he really wanted to fight Beerus. Not necessarily save the world or even his own life.
Don't know how the anime/manga did it, but the original movie has him pretty concerned for his world. He is selfish, not a psychopath.
He did it for Super Buu who he considered a fused being. When it was Kid Buu, he refused before Vegeta said anything since it wasn't fair to Kid Buu for them to fused when he wasn't a fusion anymore.

No, he was even less heroic in the movie. Super made his reasons more heroic. He even told Beerus outright in the movie that he went through the ritual so he could fight Beerus, nothing about saving the world.
Kanassa wrote:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
pacz360 wrote: That's some high level reaching there dude
It's not useless noise. It's a shadowed photo of a real card, and after brightening it up I'm certain I can see someone's feet on the right side, whose look to be Golden Freeza's after further inspecting.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:13 pm

HeroR wrote:
He did it for Super Buu who he considered a fused being. When it was Kid Buu, he refused before Vegeta said anything since it wasn't fair to Kid Buu for them to fused when he wasn't a fusion anymore.
I'll have to go look for my manga volumes again, but I'm 95% sure he never once even implied he cared if Buu was a fused/unfused being. That's seems like a fan theory more than anything else, and the reason he didn't fuse in the end was simply because "that's how we saiyans are *smirk*"
HeroR wrote:No, he was even less heroic in the movie. Super made his reasons more heroic. He even told Beerus outright in the movie that he went through the ritual so he could fight Beerus, nothing about saving the world.
Having visions of his wife and friends as he was being pushed back by Beerus's blast is less heroic? They're literally shown to be the reason he pulls through as he was losing, which is something DB never did before.
Xeogran wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
It's not useless noise. It's a shadowed photo of a real card, and after brightening it up I'm certain I can see someone's feet on the right side, whose look to be Golden Freeza's after further inspecting.
Didn't that picture come with the info that it was a character that had yet to appear in the anime?