Super Episode 120 (17 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Super Episode 120 (17 December 2017)

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:36 am

This episode was a can of air freshener after last week's smelly dog turd

Loved the battles going on! The Androids against Viara, Gohan going all out on the robots and finally the megazord, and finally the 3 Saiyans going all out! Loved it!

Next week looks weird. Anizara looks crazy, and doth my eyes deceive me or is Frieza going to ACTUALLY FIGHT!? :wtf:

Fine episode. Not the best, but not last week :thumbup:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:46 am

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:Does anyone else just not care about this arc at this point because I’m just waiting for the Vegeta vs jiren fight.
Me too. After Kafla was eliminated I lost interest and I’m just hoping they get to Universe 11 as soon as possible. These episodes feel like filler. Also, I’m not a fan of robots fighting or of how Gohan’s fighting. I wish he could fight more agressively.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:52 am

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:Does anyone else just not care about this arc at this point because I’m just waiting for the Vegeta vs jiren fight.
I'm also waiting for it, the beatdown of the century.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:53 am

The Dyspo or Toppo fights won't feel like any less "filler" than the fights now. We've already seen Dyspo in a full fight with Hit so I don't think seeing him fight again will be any different.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:02 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Me too. After Kafla was eliminated I lost interest and I’m just hoping they get to Universe 11 as soon as possible. These episodes feel like filler. Also, I’m not a fan of robots fighting or of how Gohan’s fighting. I wish he could fight more agressively.
I am in kind of the Same Boat, I still can get excited for what I see and the conpects I am seeing with this and episode 121's U3 final boss, both interesting and awesome.

But if I am being 100% truthfull after episode 118, the BEST Episode of this arc IMO, with the Erasing of Universe 6 and my favorite Universe 2, I just lost my connection to this arc.

The Arena feels So-Empty without U2 or U6 in it IMO. :(

I just want to know the climax and to see them both come back to get to the next arc that has both U2 and U6 back in action, that is my hope. But until then I am just not invested as I use to be.

With that said it was a Much better episode then 119, It still does not hold a candle to 118 but honestly it is going to be VERY hard for any episode to hold a candle to come close to = for 118!

The action was good, the animation was great looking and I liked the music. I am happy to see U3 putting up a good and strong fight! :thumbup:

For fans of theirs I am Happy for them and anyone that is getting something major out of episode 120 going into 121.

Overall an above average episode, far better then 119 in respect towards a universe. :)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:10 am

A lot better than last week's episode, but overall just average. I'm glad they didn't wipe out U3 this episode and that the fight will continue. I don't think anyone expected U3 to last this long, but the robots are pretty interesting, and the fact that the entirety of U7 (even Freeza) has to fight them means they must be insanely strong. It's refreshing since we've had so much weak fodder for the past however many episodes except for Kefla.

Most of the episode looked fine but there were definitely quite a few shots that looked pretty bad and they stuck out like a sore thumb.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:28 am

precita wrote:The Dyspo or Toppo fights won't feel like any less "filler" than the fights now. We've already seen Dyspo in a full fight with Hit so I don't think seeing him fight again will be any different.
I think these two characters at least have potential, but I guess this is a problem of the arc in a whole. I don’t feel any importance from certain universes. They are there just to fill in the blanks or to portray an archetype.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:47 am

Is it just me or is Aniraza a giant recolored Hatchiyak?

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:04 am

Anyone else notice SSG Goku in Yamcha pose in the NEP :lol:

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:12 am

Episode 120 was certainly a refreshing breath of fresh air after last week's garbage.

I always wanted to see a trio consisting of Goku, Gohan and Vegeta in action and it's execution worked out pretty well this episode. It puts the idea of needing teamwork and strategies in battle into important use with Goku/Vegeta diverting the attention Paparoni and Koicheareta for Gohan to charge his final attack.

It turns out Universe 3 wasn't such a forgettable weakling team like we were led to believe in the previous episodes. The lore behind U3 with the constant theme of advanced robotic technology and engineering extending even to the highest of Gods itself makes it one of the more interesting universes participating in the ToP. It would've been a shame if they were defeated that easily in a single episode worth of screentime a la Universe 4 without posing much of a threat to even the weakest members of the Universe 7 team. Turns out *SURPRISE, SURPRISE*, they managed to hang on the cliff the last minute before ultimately losing and challenges the entirety of Universe 7 once more.

As or what I truly disliked about the episode, it further cements the whole plot point of Goku's lost of stamina that the writers have been hammering to our heads was a huge waste of time. Who honestly gives a single fuck about that if Goku can magically regain some stamina enough to transform into SSJ God/Blue at every single battle?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:19 am

Yeah they've really blown that chance for tension with Goku. Would be awesome if everyone had to defend him so he can recover but he always ends up being the hero when that is the case. Terrible writing no way around it, unfortunately it really takes away from Goku being a mortal and not some ridiculous God with regenerative powers.

Loved how the Androids infinite energy thing was played here, it's such an awesome ability and suits this tournament perfectly, the Androids have been near perfect this arc apart from maybe that weird ankle injury 18 suffered (which is miraculously healed now anyway despite still giving her trouble earlier after 17 bandaged it).

It really annoyed me no one went to knock out Dr. Paparoni while he was wide open on that cliff. It's a shame the tournament hasn't lived up to that expectation of being high stakes with lives on the line. Everyone should be fighting their hardest to survive but we still get a lot of standing around, smug talking and most egrigous, characters not taking advantage of people who are vulnerable.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:30 am

Just like last week, I found this one to be rather boring.

One highlight is that we have confirmation that Aniraza isn't the result of someone absorbing Freeza, as I'd seen speculated.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:52 am

It was a nice episode. Android 17 & 18 used their limitless stamina to their advantage to take down the mighty defensive Viara. They Androids tag team game has been so strong.

Being a Gohan fan, whenever he gets put into the spotlight, I get worried that he'll mess up and be embarassed. So when he chose to take on all 3 of the U3 robots, I felt like Gohan was going to get eliminated. Then when the robots went into Megazord combo, I thought for sure Gohan was done. Luckily, Goku and Vegeta stepped in. Overall Koichiarator is above SSJB level since it can survive the combined attack of SSJB Goku & SSJB Vegeta and also take on a full powered Ultimate Gohan Kamehameha.

So at least U3 wasn't a total joke. And I'm glad they didn't just let Gohan get a W that easily by eliminating U3 and move into U11 vs U7. Because the next episode looks awesome! I wish the threat U3 is posing here at the end was applied to all of the other Universes. The only other character I can say is Koichiarator/Aniraza good is Caulifla+Kale = Kefla.

Sidenote: Koichiarator reminds me of the Sigma Force fusing into the Super Sigma in DBGT. Then taking it one step further fusing with Paparoni similar to General Rilldo adding Super Sigma is also a parallel. Overall I like what U3 has done because Aniraza looks good and strong
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:07 am

Average episode but much better than the last.It has same problems as the whole tournament in general like powerscaling,negative characterization etc.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:10 am

Gohan is constantly getting second winds in the last few episodes. I say, about damn time. It's always a shame to see a character who once upon a time had everyone with their jaws on the floor be the least useful one. But Gohan is slowly making Goku and Vegeta's choice make sense.

Beerus is really beginning to admire the team. I love that. I think that Turillin was the only one who let him down thus far.

Frieza is doing something next episode! FINALLY. And it probably will be the first episode where he will take a hit. A real hit, not a fake make-believe-hit from Gohan.

18 and 17 were amazing in this episode, but the next one will probably have one of them benched.
It's all about how many of your favorites are standing. People who only care to see Krillin in action are basically snoring right now, while those who want to see Goku vs Jiren are probably excited. When your fave char is out, excitement can be severely diminished.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:19 am

Enjoyed seeing the three Saiyans teaming up against the big robot.

Improvement on last week's episode - next week's looks even better.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 am

Professor Freeza wrote:Is it just me or is Aniraza a giant recolored Hatchiyak?
Holy... I didn’t even realize... he kinda is! O.o

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:24 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Gohan is constantly getting second winds in the last few episodes. I say, about damn time. It's always a shame to see a character who once upon a time had everyone with their jaws on the floor be the least useful one. But Gohan is slowly making Goku and Vegeta's choice make sense.

Beerus is really beginning to admire the team. I love that. I think that Turillin was the only one who let him down thus far.

Frieza is doing something next episode! FINALLY. And it probably will be the first episode where he will take a hit. A real hit, not a fake make-believe-hit from Gohan.

18 and 17 were amazing in this episode, but the next one will probably have one of them benched.
It's all about how many of your favorites are standing. People who only care to see Krillin in action are basically snoring right now, while those who want to see Goku vs Jiren are probably excited. When your fave char is out, excitement can be severely diminished.
Well that's true.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:32 am

Dragon Ball Zords. Pretty neat.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:44 am

I need a really good fight out of Dyspo. Use your energy blade from before the tournament son