"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:24 am

Michsi wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Michsi wrote:Kinda thinking there's going to be a conclusion to the Toppo vs. Vegeta battle, I don't think he'll aim for Jiren immediately.
Nah I think he will go straight for Jiren. Once they finish being all dramatic about the pride troopers vs the z fighters, I think Vegeta will make it known that he wants to challenge Jiren first.
That would make their whole previous interaction kinda pointless, though it might've really just meant they needed a side-fight to fill the time.
My understanding it was a temporary fill.

The difference between now and then is that Jiren is actually awake and can decide for himself rather or not he accepts his challenge.
How i predict the tournament will end:

UltimateGohan

Post by UltimateGohan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:39 am

Maybe the Toppo fight wasn't supposed to happen the time it did or it wasn't ever supposed to happen in the first place otherwise there should have been a conclusion to it at the very least like every other fight

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:14 pm

So, do you guys think Aniraza eliminates both Androids, or only 18? I love 17, but it would be great to see them both go out at once rather than seperately.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Xeogran wrote:So, do you guys think Aniraza eliminates both Androids, or only 18? I love 17, but it would be great to see them both go out at once rather than seperately.
Dont see it how its great, but 17's been a long missing fighter with a lot of hype around his reemergence. Dont see it being likely

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:24 pm

Xeogran wrote:So, do you guys think Aniraza eliminates both Androids, or only 18? I love 17, but it would be great to see them both go out at once rather than seperately.
How would that be great ? 17 has been shown, promoted and hyped up as a top fighter. why would he go down like that with 18 when he only eliminated 4 fodder characters ? he deserves much more than that.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:34 pm

I think 17 only eliminated 3 people.

Vikal
Kakunza
Rozie

Am I missing someone?

If he goes out in the upcoming episode, it would be disappointing given the hype he got.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 pm

I think he might eliminate them both. Even though the last three U11 fighters are strong, I feel like five people might be a little too much going into that battle.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Big Chief wrote:
I think he might eliminate them both. Even though the last three U11 fighters are strong, I feel like five people might be a little too much going into that battle.
I think it's going to be quite the opposite.

Vegeta vs Jiren
Frieza vs Toppo
Gohan vs Dyspo

17 Protects Goku until he's all healed up.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:11 pm

I love the fact that the endgame is 4-5 U7 guys vs 3 U11 guys. It could be almost played like two small groups of teens itching to fight each other.

U7: Guys wanna fight? Huh? HUH?! We - we'll take you all on!

U11: You talking to us, small fry? Wanna go? Huh!? WANNA GO RIGHT NOW?!?

*shoving ensues*

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:22 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I think 17 only eliminated 3 people.

Vikal
Kakunza
Rozie

Am I missing someone?

If he goes out in the upcoming episode, it would be disappointing given the hype he got.
He took out Damon who took out Piccolo.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Will Toppo or Dyspo get any elimination I wouldn't mind if both of them take out #17 and gohan.I feel like they deserve at least an elimination.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:58 pm

I hope 17 goes out to Aniraza. To me, he's boring and overrated as hell. They write him so that all his opponents are complete fodder, while he looks completely bored in every fight in barely fights, just so he looks "cool". Well, it's not cool, it's forced as hell. It's time they have 17 actually sturggle against someone for once, Aniraza better deliver.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:04 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm going to bet that Jiren will probably beat Aniraza. He will show up on the last minute to defeat him.
That would be REALLY boring. I hope he gets eliminated with a combo between Vegeta, 17 (in case 18 is eliminated ), Gohan and Freeza, Goku is out.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:11 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:I hope 17 goes out to Aniraza. To me, he's boring and overrated as hell. They write him so that all his opponents are complete fodder, while he looks completely bored in every fight in barely fights, just so he looks "cool". Well, it's not cool, it's forced as hell. It's time they have 17 actually sturggle against someone for once, Aniraza better deliver.
It really isn’t to make 17 cool. That’s his personality. He doesn’t care if he wins or loses which is why he has an aura of indifferent. And given his power, most people are fodder to him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Noah wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Yeah, I was just saying that it 119 was far better example of the production tanking a little within this arc.
You mean wanking, right?
....No.

I'm 1000% sure he means tanking. "Wanking" in that context would literally make zero sense.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:15 pm

HeroR wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:I hope 17 goes out to Aniraza. To me, he's boring and overrated as hell. They write him so that all his opponents are complete fodder, while he looks completely bored in every fight in barely fights, just so he looks "cool". Well, it's not cool, it's forced as hell. It's time they have 17 actually sturggle against someone for once, Aniraza better deliver.
It really isn’t to make 17 cool. That’s his personality. He doesn’t care if he wins or loses which is why he has an aura of indifferent. And given his power, most people are fodder to him.
No, he has been written differently. He was an extremely cocky and arrogant person back in Z who showcased much more emotion when he fought. I prefer this #17 but, just like Freeza, there's been a change in his personality.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 pm

17's definitely a lot different than the Cell arc. Probably because he was originally a villain, they made him more cocky with the typical sinister evil grin on his face a lot of the time.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:
HeroR wrote:
No, he has been written differently. He was an extremely cocky and arrogant person back in Z who showcased much more emotion when he fought. I prefer this #17 but, just like Freeza, there's been a change in his personality.
They didn’t change his personally. He matured. He’s no longer a rebel without a cause.

Freeza is also the same, but he’s much wiser now.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:39 pm

HeroR wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
HeroR wrote:
They didn’t change his personally. He matured. He’s no longer a rebel without a cause.

Freeza is also the same, but he’s much wiser now.
So they changed his personality. If it makes sense within the context of the story or not doesn't mean his personality didn't change.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Freeza finally learned from past mistakes, he's being written better now on top of that.