"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:38 pm

That was to Kid Gohan.

Beerus' quote to Hit.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Apparently they were limited to 5 minutes per mode.

Still the game looks cool. The big news is that when Gohan unleashes his potential at Lvl 7 he can break the combo chain. The game uses a basic universal combo chain, meaning every character has a LMH combo. Lvl 7 Gohan can go out of sequence which gives him exclusive combos. He also seems noticeably faster, meaning Lvl 7 Gohan will be an absolute beast.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:44 pm

So, looks like, on Lvl.7 Gohan gains Chain Shift mechanic from UNiB, MeltyBlood and BBCTB. I'm about context of inspirations.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Not that interested in Gohan but that mechanic well practised will level the teams performance overall.

Appearantly, the Ginyu switch is also irreversable until the character is out. I expect that to be used by high level play aplenty.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:51 pm

As far as stages go, I'm disappointed Beerus' home still isn't a given at this point, considering that's where Goku/Vegeta usually train in Super.
I'm also surprised how Time Chamber/Kami Lookout didn't make the cut.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Maybe some stages are unlockable?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Really happy they finally confirmed a dub

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Seems to be a ton of custom phrases which is great. Story mode looks awesome and unique with heaps of cutscenes, arcade mode has different paths to go down (although honestly I would have loved a standard arcade mode with unique scenes at beginning, maybe middle and end for each character but this is cool too I guess) and the dub looks on point even if I'm still not thrilled with Rose having that English accent, (it does seem toned down a little at least).

This game looks beefy and that's without all the local and online multiplayer aspects. Count me in.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:01 pm

They said Arcade Mode would be as enjoyed as a Score Attack Mode.

Makes me wonder if there'll be endings or a final boss. Not really expecting endings, but a final boss would be nice.

I just want this game to come out.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:18 pm

If Family Kamehameha is on the game, well that's a reason I can see Broly should be there :D

Also Adult Gohan turns into SSJ only for that finishing move, but not in the actual game? He can only turns into 'Ultimate'?

KayDash wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I like that good guys are on the left, bad guys on the right and Beerus is in the middle of them :lol:

Also I'm the only who is getting the vibe by this pic, that we may get more 11 new characters? :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Noah wrote:If Family Kamehameha is on the game, well that's a reason I can see Broly should be there :D

Also Adult Gohan turns into SSJ only for that finishing move, but not in the actual game? He can only turns into 'Ultimate'?

KayDash wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I like that good guys are on the left, bad guys on the right and Beerus is in the middle of them :lol:

Also I'm the only who is getting the vibe by this pic, that we may get more 11 new characters? :think:
SSB Goku & Vegeta, 8 DLC characters and (probably) Android 21. That's the 11 free spots to me.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Oops. Forget this post.
Last edited by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:The select screen with everyone so far.
Already posted there, mate (see the last spoiler tags) :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Let's say the base roster is closed, who's everyone's picks for the DLC in order of preference?
1st place gives 8 points, 2nd 7 points and so on. I'll add everyone's up to see who people in this forum want the most. Oh and least wanted character, that's fun.
Kinda like a poll.

These are mine:
1st: Muten Roshi
2nd: Dabra
3rd: Broly
4th: Janemba
5th: Kaioshin(with Kibito)
6th: Kefla
7th: Vegetto(Blue)
8th: Toppo

Least Wanted Character: Bardock

I'll be pretty surprised if half of these are in. One can dream. I'm betting the DLC will focus on movie characters and ToP characters.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:10 pm

#1. Kid Goku
#2. Kame-Sen'nin
#3. Broly
#4. Majin Vegeta
#5. Janemba
#6. Cooler
#7. Bardock
#8. Base Goku

Least wanted: Anyone from Super

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Black has a quote with Beerus.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:13 pm

I`m expecting Roshi (he`s the one mainly missing factor in the game so far, i.e: the old badass sensei) and Android 21 to close the base roster. For DLC, Kefla (we need more girls at least to compose a trio and she`s popular and fresh), Ultra Limit Goku (I don`t really want to but you know it`s coming) and Jiren with Toppo for assist. I don`t care for Broly at all but you can smell him coming for that Juggernaut type.

Last three, eh...surprise me.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:17 pm

1st: Bardock (No SSJ transformations)
2nd: Coola
3rd: Broly
4th: Dabura
5th: Janemba
6th: Super Vegetto
7th: Roshi
8th: Kid Goku

Least Wanted Character: Caulifla
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:51 pm

1. Roshi
2. Vegetto (Blue)
3. Merged Zamasu (hopefully with some manga stuff)
4. UI Goku
5. Dabra
6. Broly/Kale (Awful characters, but interesting movesets, kinda prefer Kale)
7. Janemba
8. Trio de Dangers (Again, not my favourite characters, but I think they could make a really cool fighter with them)

Least wanted character: Bardock in any form or shape
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 pm

I wouldn't want Ultra Instinct Goku to be anything but a move like Golden Freeza.

#1: Muten Roshi
#2: Janemba
#3: Vegetto
#4: Dabura
#5: Piccolo Daimao (if Kid Goku's there)
#6: Kafla
#7: Jiren