"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Fresh Prince » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 pm

DLC Character Wishlist:

1) Kid Goku
2) Master Roshi
3) SSJ4 Gogeta (Fusion Reborn + GT Moveset)
4) Janemba
5) Basil w/ Bergamo and Lavender Assists
6) Super Vegito w/ Vegito Blue Install
7) Bardock
8) Arale or Neko Majin "Z" or another Gag Character *Cough* Mr.Satan *Cough*

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:02 am

My personal wishlist:

01) Roshi
02) 5th Cooler
03) Gero
04) Janemba
05) Caulifla or Kefla (prefer Caulifla)
06) Super Boo
07) Broly
08) Zarbon

I know it's never gonna happen, but I want those guys, especially Roshi, Cooler and Gero.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:28 am

Fresh Prince wrote:5) Basil w/ Bergamo and Lavender Assists
It doesn't make since Bergamo is the Trio De Dangers leader, so he should have Basil and Lavender as assists.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:03 am

My wishlist.

1. Master Roshi
2. Caulifla (w/ Kale assist)
3. Jaco
4. Kid Goku
5. Bardock
6. Videl
7. Mr Satan
8. Jiren

Der Führermeister

Post by Der Führermeister » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:23 am

My Personal Wishlist:

Dabura [With Babidi]
Chi-Chi [With Kinto'un and Nyoibō]
Jiren
Master Roshi (Max Power)
Caulifia (SSJ) [With Kale]
Omega Shenron
Bardock (Base)
Broly (LSSJ)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:28 am

No Radditz blows my mind.

I also want Dabura with Babidi, that's a great idea.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:11 am

IM21 wrote:Something interesting about Gohan's ultimate. Normally it's just Gohan and Goten in the move, but if you have Goku on the team he'll join them.
Just to clarify this, there are two variables.

If Goku is on your team Goku shows up.

If Gotenks is on your team Goten doesn't show up.

If you have Gotenks on your team and Goku isn't it's just the regular Super Kamehameha.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:31 am

Ooh, this looks like fun! I look forward to seeing the end results.

Here's my list:

1. Dabra [with Babidi] - Dabra was already on my list, he's maybe the only 'Z' manga character I feel is missing. Adding Babidi is just really cool.
2. Janemba - Some movie representation would be nice, and Janemba is at the top of that list for how fun he would be. ArcSys could do so much with this character.
3. Final Form Cooler - Another good movie rep, pretty unique body type in his final form and he just looks badass.
4. SS4 Gogeta - It's GT rep, it's SS4 rep without another Goku/Vegeta slot, and it's fusion rep without having Vegetto or SS1 Gogeta who I don't think stand out enough. And I'm still not sure about him.
5. Omega Shenron - GT rep! I don't even like GT, but I would like this game to feel more 'cross generational' and he's got a pretty cool moveset.
6. Broli - if they're doing movie characters, they won't skip Broli. I'm okay with that, as long as they give him a fun grappling style. He could be really cool.
7. Jiren - our TOP rep. Don't have much to go on so I don't really want him, but if you need a TOP 'villain' rep I'll take him over trying to be subversive.
8. UI Goku - inevitable, but certainly logical.

I would have liked Roshi to be in, but couldn't fit him in this list with the inevitable bottom three picks taken. Honestly, I'd rather both Jiren and UI Goku be left for a future update or game but I don't see that happening. By the way, this gives me 3 heroes and 5 villains/antagonists so it would fit the expected DLC placement.

Least wanted: base Goku and Vegeta. PLEASE let this leak be false!
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:59 am

Well, for the DlC, by order of preference, I'd like...

1. VEGETTO (Super Saiyan Blue) - That's the character I find the most stylish. Somehow, with his general look, blue hair multiply his "stylish factor" by ten compared to regular Super Saiyan, and he's a good representation of overwhelming Saiyan power. I want what is - as of this date - the ultimate fusion for our heroes. And he has moves that could play well into the game (energy blade, shield...).
2. SON GOKU (Ultra Instinct) - If you have to get a Goku that looks like his base form, don't pick the base form. Pick the newest form that will give him a unique, super agile moveset! Plus, who doesn't want to be the most powerful and impressive Goku to date with his savage, cold behavior and movement that makes you go "wow" at every single thing he does?
3. SON GOKU (Kid) - It would simply be fun to have the unique traits and ambiance of Kid Goku with his staff and cloud (there's no flying involved, so the cloud would only serve for the intro / outro). It's a fun way to have an extra kid on the cast and a part of the origins of Dragon Ball.
4. KAME SENNIN (or Master Roshi as a lot of people seem to call him here) - He's not someone I would include on a main roster, but he is part of the latest important characters (taking part in the current tournament and Freezer's resurrection) and he does fit perfectly with the wise old martial artist a fighting game always has. He would bring something unique, and he's the only one missing from the current "10 chosen fighters of Universe 7".
5. BROLY / KALE - Again, not someone I'd really miss, but that's sort of a staple. He's the "Hulk" or "Jack" (Tekken) a fighting game usually has, the big pile of muscles. Part of me would prefer Broly for the familiarity, but part of me would prefer Kale for the audacity and modern feel (plus, it would bring another girl to the mix of fighters). Bad point: dialogue could be very limited when one of the things we like is the variety of comments they're supposed to have for various allies in the team. Broly could end up having just variations of "you're not Kakarotto!", "where's Kakarotto?", "Kakarotto!!"...
6. JANEMBA - If you want a character to have a moveset that's totally out of the box as well as potentially interesting animations, Janemba in all of his weirdness and dimensional rifting would add something others can't bring.
7. CABBA - Yeah, I know that if we have to get Saiyans from Universe 6, we should probably give priority to the girls. But hey, it's personnal preferences, and Cabba's more calm and thoughtful than the girls. He would bring a unique, agile style people noticed when he fought Vegeta, and would look fairly different compared to other Saiyans and even other characters in general, with his thin, small look.
8. A SUPER SAIYAN 4? - I'm not a big fan of GT, but the Super Saiyan 4 would be visually quite unique. It would also probably spark interesting comments from characters. Goku is the most visually pleasant when it comes to Super Saiyan 4, but if we're worried we'll have too much Goku, we could settle for Gogeta, which would be a way to have Gogeta without it feeling visually redundant with Gotenks. For the uniqueness, I could say Yi Shenron, but... yeah, I'm not really a fan, I can't bring myself to wishing for his presence.

LEAST WANTED CHARACTERS: Doctor Gero and Dabra. They don't look really cool when it comes to character design, and are as memorable in the story as temporary placeholders. Never was a fan of either of them, I don't hate them, but they've felt quite boring and unnoticeable to me ever since I was a kid.
Last edited by Cold Skin on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

greeZH

Post by greeZH » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:06 am

Der Führermeister wrote:My Personal Wishlist:
Chi-Chi [With Kinto'un and Nyoibō]
Yea some love for Chi-Chi. Btw nice username. :D

My list would be something like this:
1. Kid Goku with his pole
2. Muten Roshi or even better Jackie Chun
3. Piccolo Daimao with his demons as assists
4. Kefla (her attacks were awesome and I loved the voice acting on her part)
5. Merged Zamasu (Blades of Judgement!)
6. Trio de Danger :mrgreen:
7. Ribrianne
8. Jaco
9. Dabura
10. Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo (whoever has a moveset until then or all of them)

Least wanted character: Bardock. Seriously why?

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 am

I'm surprised a lot of people seem to classify Bardack as unwanted. I thought this character was a fan favorite in the franchise, one of those characters people find badass and sort of "legendary".
Maybe he just suffers the Broly syndrom of "too much of him is just too much"?
Or maybe he looks too much like Goku to be interesting in video games?

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:26 am

Cold Skin wrote:I'm surprised a lot of people seem to classify Bardack as unwanted. I thought this character was a fan favorite in the franchise, one of those characters people find badass and sort of "legendary".

I like him, but there's too much of him in games, and there isn't much that draws me in for potential gameplay.

Also, this roster is just really tight.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

greeZH

Post by greeZH » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:27 am

Cold Skin wrote:I'm surprised a lot of people seem to classify Bardack as unwanted. I thought this character was a fan favorite in the franchise, one of those characters people find badass and sort of "legendary".

He is Goku with a scar and he has no moveset.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:54 am

greeZH wrote:Least wanted character: Bardock. Seriously why?
My question exactly, why not?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:59 am

I'm surprised at the demands for Cooler. Don't get me wrong, I love Cooler; but in terms of gameplay his only notable move is Shadow Crusher. Unless maybe you use his metal form and add some interesting mechanics
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:43 am

If you ask me, Bardock it's just a Goku with a scar and a couple of new moves who got SS forms in a completely stupid and absurd way of fanservice. You can make him more unique like they tried in Extreme Butoden, but he looks too much like Goku without actually being him or having a cool/variated moveset like Black does. IMHO you can't really justify giving him priority over other completely different characters like Janemba becausr he doesn't offer anything. Hell, even UI Goku can have a cool moveset/mechanic with the whole movements thing.

That being said, I doubt he will not appear. He's indeed popular, for reasons that I don't really understand. That being said, Xenoverse and Heroes definetly dont help.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:21 am

I included Bardock on my list, but I'm not keen for him at all. I just did that because he's a very logical, safe choice for a DLC character, and he's a traditional video game pull. The other example of that is Broly, who I didn't include because a) I don't much like him and b) there's very little difference between him and Jiren, except the latter would at least be something new and relevant.

The way I see it, the DLC is where we'll either get the big names that didn't make it in, or we'll get characters like Broly who probably didn't make it into base game because they seem to be going for more of a "canon" (whatever that means these days) look and feel. The base game has no GT representation and no movie characters, which I actually think is a positive step. It's weaning us off ideas that a Dragon Ball game has to have movie and GT representation even though very few of those characters are actually good. Seemingly skipping Raditz is interesting too, because it highlights how they're moving away from the old 'Raditz to Buu' formula that so many of the old games were stuck in. Raditz' job in most games is to be the weakling tutorial character, but if your goal is a balanced, competitive fighting game where everyone is meant to be viable, there's not a lot he can bring to the table.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 am

Grimlock wrote:
greeZH wrote:Least wanted character: Bardock. Seriously why?
My question exactly, why not?
Well, Bardock got pretty overused in the past games, giving him a SSJ form from that atrocious EOB OVA, him being controlled by Towa and Mira and using a mask, which I thought it was cool (we had that on DBO) too, but then him with SSJ2 and SSJ3? And now we have Heroes with SSJ4 Bardock? What's next? Yamoshi Bardock? For F's sake no.

So I understand people not wanting him in the game, but I would like him there, but the original TV Special Bardock and nothing else.
Kanassa wrote:I'm surprised at the demands for Coola. Don't get me wrong, I love Coola; but in terms of gameplay his only notable move is Shadow Crusher. Unless maybe you use his metal form and add some interesting mechanics
Shadow Crusher? And no you can always have Coola the same way Ginyu is on the game, but with his Armored Squadron.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 am

Noah wrote: Shadow Crusher? And no you can always have Coola the same way Ginyu is on the game, but with his Armored Squadron.
That move where he travels through Goku's Kamehameha and decks him in the face.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 am

Noah wrote:Well, Bardock got pretty overused in the past games, giving him a SSJ form from that atrocious EOB OVA, him being controlled by Towa and Mira and using a mask, which I thought it was cool (we had that on DBO) too, but then him with SSJ2 and SSJ3? And now we have Heroes with SSJ4 Bardock? What's next? Yamoshi Bardock? For F's sake no.
You are exaggerating. He has been "overused", but it's only fair, considering he spent fourteen years since his debut from appearing in any game (while Broly debut in a game in the same year his movie first appeared. If there's a character that has been overused, it's him). Dragon Ball Heroes enables a lot of characters to get something, obviously Bardock is not exempt from that. Heroes did two polls so far, guess who appeared in the first place?

Again, Super Saiyan Bardock will appear in games because marketing sees Episode of Bardock the same way they see a regular anime episode, if it's animated, then they'll include everything they judge necessary/fitting/cool/that sells.

Bardock is not the only one who got Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan 4. Also, Heroes works with the "what-if" concept, so it's entirely plausible that he can get any Super Saiyan transformation under that concept. Yamoshi is an entirely different character, there's no logical reason to mix them up at all.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~