"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Radditz has just been a staple of DBZ fighters forever, and is one of the first and most iconic villains. I wanted both Radditz and Nappa in.

I also think Dabura w/Babidi should have made it in too. The fact that all we have to represent the Boo arc, is just Fat and Kid Buu seems odd.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Breakdown of Hit moves, supers, combos and more. The most execution heavy character of the rooster.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:46 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Backlash? Huh?

You people must read some truly awful shit elsewhere. Nappa looks fantastic, is a great addition to the roster, and I hope the production team doesn't listen to any of that nonsense.
Youtube and Gamefaqs, mostly. So much salt your tongue gets numb.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Noah wrote:
precita wrote:Is this the first fighter Raditz has missed out on in a long time? He feels like such a staple of fighting games it's so weird he's not here, especially since Nappa is. Raditz and Nappa are like peanut butter and jelly, it feels weird to have one and not the other.
You're exaggerating, the only thing that feels weird is your obssession with Raditz being on this game, which I think the producers made the right choice.

The way you talk is like Raditz and Nappa are like Butta and Jheese, I mean seriously? One can exist without the another pretty much fine. I would choose Nappa a hundred times over Raditz.
I think in general you`re all coming down hard on the matter. If looks like Precita has an obsession with Raditz because 80% of the posts are shitting on Raditz. Factually speaking, he was indeed a good villain at the time and absolutely beat down the two strongest figthers easily plus Kuririn for a kick bonus. All this talk about Bardock being awesome and his inclusion in the game because of his extensive and popular modding in Xenoverse can`t hide the fundamental that Bardock barely has a moveset and was every bit a bastard as Raditz was, character wise.

I`m neutral for Raditz as I am for Nappa. I was never a major fan but if you ask me pros and cons, then Raditz could conceptually take the spot in this figther as the street brawler with hard hitting moves.
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Breakdown of Hit moves, supers, combos and more. The most execution heavy character of the rooster.
Pretty glad he finally talked about making a Yamcha breakdown analysis soon since he`s big in using him. Hit is another very strong prospect for my team which also has Yamcha, Ten and Gotenks in a rotative squad. At this point my biggest concern overall is air game or at least as much the mechanics allow for.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 pm

precita wrote:Raditz has just been a staple of DBZ fighters forever, and is one of the first and most iconic villains.
Olympian wrote:I think in general you're all coming down hard on the matter. If looks like precita has an obsession with Raditz because 80% of the posts are shitting on Raditz. Factually speaking, he was indeed a good villain at the time and absolutely beat down the two strongest figthers easily plus Kuririn for a kick bonus.
Raditz became a fodder in the very arc he was introduced as he was surpassed by a large portion of characters of the cast, even being mocked by his own teammates who compared his power level to a mere Saibaman. Sure you can say Raditz is iconic for being the first villain, but one of the most iconic? Then you're just pushing a lot. He only served to exposition and nothing else, he died and never came again.

Nappa on the other side was way more terrifying than Raditz and his battles against the Z Warriors brought much more tension as he was killing the heroes one by one, until Goku arrived. One of the main reasons they go to Namek is because of what Nappa did, not even Vegeta as didn't killed anybody else. So he contributed way more than Raditz in the series overall.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 pm

We need Jiren because I'm a Jiren Fanboy and I say so :lol:.

But they do need another round with Goku and Co to show off some other moves befor he starts showing up in games as he's currently limited to Power Impact, his eye glowing, faster then the eye can see barrage and his glance. We need just a little more to fill out the spread sheet.

When and if he dose show up I expect his fighting style to be balanced and for him to have very high states like Beerus but in different areas. He'd need to be deceptively basic and strait forward but with some nasty trick up his sleeve like maybe a guard super were his eyes glow and he blitz's his foe or stops attacks with a glance.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:06 pm

If other people are doing it, here's my top 10 characters I'd like in.

1: Chichi (I main her in Super DBZ and dang it, I'll main her here too)
2: Ribrianne
3: Bulma
4: Pilaf Machine (combined...or maybe as an all-in-one team of 3, like the giant robots in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?)
5: Whis
6: Kame-sennin
7: Janemba
8: Paikuhan
9: Sol Badguy (just leave him as is in Xrd)
10: Omega Shenron (with appearances from the other dragons integrated into his moveset if possible)

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:19 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Kanassa wrote:I'm surprised at the demands for Cooler. Don't get me wrong, I love Cooler; but in terms of gameplay his only notable move is Shadow Crusher. Unless maybe you use his metal form and add some interesting mechanics
He's another big character with grappler potential and he has two movies to draw inspiration from for his moveset, as well as henchmen and the Big Gete Star. There's potential for Arcsys to get creative with him.
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Why do people want another one Goku and Vegeta? Base Goku, Base Vegeta, Majin Vegeta, etc… We already have 2 each of them.
Cause they're awesome!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Goten is in the game as a special move for Ultimate Gohan. And of course we see Trunks/Goten in the intro for Gotenks. Do we see Kid Trunks anywhere else?

Given they already made the models for them, I now wonder if Trunks/Goten tag team may show up as DLC.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:10 am

They'll probably be around in the story mode I'd imagine?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:39 am

Characters I'd like to see:
1. Broly (We need more heavy characters like 16 and Nappa.)
2. Vegetto (Blue or SSJ. I'm not fussed.)
3. Roshi (I'd love it if he had access to his buffed out form for a limited amount of time.)
4. The Pilaf Gang (If they fought in their giant machine that would be so cool.)
5. Kid Goku (He needs to have his Nyoibō and Kintoun.)
6. Kefla (Pretty recent character but has definitely left an impact on fans. She's really cool.)
7. Jiren (I know this wouldn't be fair, but I would love it if Jiren is a completely broken character. Like... banned at EVO broken.)
8. Mr Satan (He needs to be in this.)
9. Ultra Instinct Goku (Would love to see how they handle UI in a video game.)
10. Arale (I want her to break the 4th wall a lot.)

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:15 am

Top-8 characters, that I want to see in the game:
1. Muten Roshi
He's an iconic OG character. I like his exhibition in WMAT arcs as Jackie Chun and in ToP. And, in general, he's a cool character. He has some cool moves and transformation.
2. Videl
Yeah, that was my hope in DBZ, for a real fighting girl in the series. Pity, that my expectations were not met. But it is a quite another story. She's got some moves, but, in general she's restricted, comparing to others. For instance, she never used ki blasts except games. But actually, it is that could make her unique.
3. Mr. Satan
He's hilarious and definitely will be intersting character. He was well in a lot of games. For instance, he is very in Hyper DBZ (even it's a fan game). Dan Hibiki of the series.
4. Dabura
I like this character. He's got interesting moves and in general has charisma, IMHO.
5. Towa
Nothing to say. I want her in my game.
6. Janemba
Err... Just only because his moves is insane, IMHO. Interesting gameplay. Nothing more.
7. Broly
I don't know why he's in my list. I don't want to include him, but I can't.
8. Kid Goku (w/Nyoibo and Kinto'un)
Surprisingly, another Goku in my list. But he has another body type (something like Teen and Adult Gohans' story) and also his movelist is quite different, because he has Nyoibo.
Honorable mentions (this characters intersting to me but I decide to restrict to top-8 ):
1-2. Kale and Califla or Kafla
I like Kale. Yes, she's a female Broly, but, she's canon, and, IMHO, writers did their homework, and Kale has more improved personalty, than Broly. Alsp, IMHO, she should fight in her controlled state, going Berserk only as super.
I like Califla, but I have nothing to say else about her.
Califla and Kale did good combination in the anime. But this choice has downsides.
Kafla is also quite choice.
But, IMHO, they are best as separate characters.
3. Android #17
He should be in honorable mentions list.
4. Merged Zamasu
Another one character, that should be in list of honorable mentions
5. Mira
Kinda same treatment as Towa. I want him in my game.
6. Jaco
Another one joke character. He's fun.
7. Toppo
Extremely good grappler
8. Jiren
He's too important character to ignore.
9. Dyspo
He could be Chipp Zanuff of the game. But he's in my list, because of Toppo and Jiren.
10. Pikkon.
Yeah.
Dishonorable mentions (character, that I don't want in the game):
1&2. Vegeta and Goku in their another forms (especially Base, God and Majin)
Actullty, I'm still not OK with inclusion of SSJB. Yeah, they definitely got cool moves, but I don't like them as separate character. SSJB could be a transformation for Goku and Vegeta, kinda like power up, that completely changes playstyle of this characters. But they did not go this way and kinda lost this opportunity. Also, if the game had alternative costumes, I definitely like to see Majin Vegeta as one and SSJ4 is looking cool, but not as separate character. UI Goku could have a promising gamepaly and he's definitely more interesting, than Base Goku, but anyway 2 Gokus and 2 Vegetas are more than enough.
3&4. Vegetto and Gogeta
It's just Goku+Vegeta. It could be cool. But we already have 4 of them.
And, in general characters of DBFZ plays something similar. Something more unique is more preferable.
5. Botamo
Boring
6. Mageta
Boring
7. Trio de Dangers
Not interesting

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:15 am

The issue with Jiren and the girls is that they`re too recent. They wouldn`t have had the time to create a moveset. Expect a ultimate edition later on the year with more characters and any balance fix that comes with it.

At this moment, all I don`t want is more Goku and Vegetas. Bardock, Broly, Cooler, Janemba, I don`t care, anything is better because at the very least it`s different characters and playstyles.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:22 am

So, I did the same exercise on another forum (list top 8, they get points in descending order) to figure out what our overall top 8 was. Here are the results:

1. Janemba - 72 points
2. Roshi - 70 points
3. Tao Pai Pai - 44 points
4. Broly - 42 points
5. Cooler - 40 points
6. Saiyaman w/Saiyawoman - 39 points
7. Mr. Satan - 27 points
8. Caulifla - 26 points

Caulifla narrowly beat out Dabra and Jiren by one vote. It's interesting that we got 3 of the most common movie villains to appear in games, some OG DB rep, and two funny characters in Saiyaman and Satan. I'm surprised at Caulifla being the Super character to break onto the list (there was also Kale and Kafla as options, Kafla had 24 votes!)
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:49 am

Saiga wrote:So, I did the same exercise on another forum (list top 8, they get points in descending order) to figure out what our overall top 8 was. Here are the results:

1. Janemba - 72 points
2. Roshi - 70 points
4. Broly - 42 points
5. Cooler - 40 points
7. Mr. Satan - 27 points
8. Caulifla - 26 points

Caulifla narrowly beat out Dabra and Jiren by one vote. It's interesting that we got 3 of the most common movie villains to appear in games, some OG DB rep, and two funny characters in Saiyaman and Satan. I'm surprised at Caulifla being the Super character to break onto the list (there was also Kale and Kafla as options, Kafla had 24 votes!)
Interesting. Kefla is better than Caulifla tbh, she has better attacks and will be very fun to use.

And my ideal DLC list is :
SSJ2 Kefla
Broly (either his SSJ form or LSSJ form)
Janemba (last form)
SSJB Vegetto
Dabra with Babidi
Jiren
Li Shenron
SSJ4 Gogeta
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:23 am

Saiga wrote:So, I did the same exercise on another forum (list top 8, they get points in descending order) to figure out what our overall top 8 was. Here are the results:

1. Janemba - 72 points
2. Roshi - 70 points
4. Broly - 42 points
5. Cooler - 40 points
7. Mr. Satan - 27 points
8. Caulifla - 26 points

Poor people asking for Tao Pai Pai it's been know for quite some time he won't be in the game. Our own forum list has some similarities but I haven't done the final tally yet. I'll post it in a few hours.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:24 am

I would like Dr. Gero to make it to this game too, in terms of story and gameplay :)

Ranmaru Rei wrote:I like Kale. Yes, she's a female Broly, but, she's canon, and...
She's not. Super is animated sequel only, it has no connections with the original manga.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:46 am

Noah wrote:She's not. Super is animated sequel only, it has no connections with the original manga.
In the year of our Dende 2017 the discussion around canonicity is such that it's a tad bit ridiculous to assume that literally everyone else on the planet is willing to go along with "only the original 42-volume tankobon run is canonical". Furthermore, that's not the conversation for this thread.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:54 am

1. Janemba - 72 points
2. Roshi - 70 points
4. Broly - 42 points
5. Cooler - 40 points
7. Mr. Satan - 27 points
8. Caulifla - 26 points
I don't know if Janemba is likely to be added, but he's surely the character a lot of people think of when they want a fighter that would have very unusual, original moves.
I think he keeps coming back in the wishlists for that reason, he could really have a distinct style and gameplay. And don't forget he has a sword too!

I didn't even think of Great Saiyaman, but when you think about it, if a character is going to have intros / outros worth watching, that's him. Imagine the ridiculous poses and heroic comments, and the way other characters could react to him.
That being said, any characters' intros / outros are worth watching with this game, including characters I usually don't care about like Nappa. They did an amazing jobs with all those special animations (including the Dramatic Finish concept which is even more than we could have hoped for when already being delighted by the regular intros and win poses).

I hope that with every character DLC, they also add a Dramatic Finish or two to further create interactions with the available cast.