"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 am

perucho1990 wrote:No one wanted 17 in first place after what GT did to him and then he turned out to be the best support character in the ToP.
The same can be said about Freeza, after Movie 12, GT and mainly Movie 15, the character got completely burnout and boring as hell. But I do think he also turned out to be one of the best support characters in Universe Survival saga, since he isn't the spotlight even being a villain that is helping the heroes, his involvement is being handled very well.

With Freeza and Android 17 as examples, yes, I'm fairly certain that Goten, Trunks, Pan, Bra and Uub would be awesome as the next main heroes. They can handle these characters very well if they really want it (and if they let go of the nostalgia factor that is impregnating everyone in the production side, let Goten and Trunks with their proper height).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:58 am

Grimlock wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:No one wanted 17 in first place after what GT did to him and then he turned out to be the best support character in the ToP.
The same can be said about Freeza, after Movie 12, GT and mainly Movie 15, the character got completely burnout and boring as hell. But I do think he also turned out to be one of the best support characters in Universe Survival saga, since he isn't the spotlight even being a villain that is helping the heroes, his involvement is being handled very well.

With Freeza and Android 17 as examples, yes, I'm fairly certain that Goten, Trunks, Pan, Bra and Uub would be awesome as the next main heroes. They can handle these characters very well if they really want it (and if they let go of the nostalgia factor that is impregnating everyone in the production side, let Goten and Trunks with their proper height).

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:23 am

On twitter they're saying Super is likely losing its timeslot in March for 6 months. Is this true? Super going on hiatus after the TOP ends?

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:45 am

[spoiler]More leaked images for Episode 122. It seems all the remaining gods will unite and the Cus fans can rejoice in seeing her cute baby face again even for a slight second. https://mobile.twitter.com/DB_super2015 ... 9801551873[/spoiler]

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:07 am

precita wrote:On twitter they're saying Super is likely losing its timeslot in March for 6 months. Is this true? Super going on hiatus after the TOP ends?
Who is this "they"?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:11 am

precita wrote:On twitter they're saying Super is likely losing its timeslot in March for 6 months. Is this true? Super going on hiatus after the TOP ends?
As long as Toei or any other official source doesn’t mention it, it’s merely speculation, nothing more.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 am

So they really are posting images every single day now. Man they're really hyping this episode up.

It seems like Whis and Marcarita have some kind of rivalry going on there.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 am

Belmod, pretty sure that's not supposed to happen, you should get it checked, like, now.. go..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:20 am

https://imgur.com/a/Btp3N#V3oEYiR

All pics, including the new 4

Looks like Final Flash will destroy the seating.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:28 am

Bullza wrote:
Who is this "they"?
I'd also like to know that.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:44 am

Goku's undershirt isn't torn off even in 123

If his undershirt is supposed to go, It's high time it happens...
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:19 am

sintzu wrote:I highly doubt Super is going to end while it's doing this well. One Piece got movies while it was airing so there's no reason to think Super can't. In terms of the new show Toei's working on, why would it replace super of all shows ? I know it used to have its time slot but I don't think that's enough to say it will with other channels being available for it to air on or even just another time slot. Super airing with One Piece is a big marketing advantage they have that they'd be crazy to change.
If Super ends soon without a direct and immediate succesor following, then I think it would be safe to say entire Toei board of directors should resign lol. I mean, what company kills their golden goose at the very peak of financial records? :lol:

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:29 am

perucho1990 wrote:If we go beyond EoZ, then lets give Pan and Uub a fair chance like we did it with Android 17.

No one wanted 17 in first place after what GT did to him and then he turned out to be the best support character in the ToP.
Nah, I ALWAYS wanted 17 to make a comeback as well as Uub and Pan. In fact, they were my three most anticipated characters to become main players in the series if it was ever revived and now one of those (17) has become a reality. Thing is, unlike most fans - I don't let GT dictate a character's potential. Besides Uub being the random kid who made Goku leave his family at the end of Z, there is absolutely no reason to hate him besides how we was handled in GT. Same goes to Pan.

And despite how I found it somewhat unique how they utilized 17 in GT as well as how they decided to handle and HYPE UP Goku's first meeting with 17 (by having it be a battle against them in their newest forms: SSJ4 Goku vs. Super 17) - Super has obviously handled 17 as a character and his more CASUAL first meeting with Goku a lot better. They've even given him a new cool and calm collected personality, revealed him to be a father (something Toriyama mentioned) and a park ranger, made him a main android character, and my personal favorite - Gave him a new way to utilize his barrier attacks, which I always wanted (even though I'm sure if I brought it up, fans would disagree before Super).

Point is, 17 has been redeemed in Super. So far, we don't know what that means for Pan and Uub (as both have been mentioned and shown either in the anime or manga of Super). However, I would like a BRAND NEW series that can focus on them being trained to represent the new face of the characters in a next generation sort of way, with Goku and Vegeta mentoring and coming in to help from the background.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Goku's undershirt isn't torn off even in 123

I don't think it's coming off until he gets UI again.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Goku's undershirt isn't torn off even in 123

Were you expecting Jiren to casually rip open Goku's shirt and rape him in the middle of a glorified children's morning show?

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 pm

Freeza9000 wrote: Were you expecting Jiren to casually rip open Goku's shirt and rape him in the middle of a glorified children's morning show?
More along the lines of Goku getting hit by a ki blast from Jiren and getting his shirt blown away.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:18 pm

buutenks wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote: Were you expecting Jiren to casually rip open Goku's shirt and rape him in the middle of a glorified children's morning show?
More along the lines of Goku getting hit by a ki blast from Jiren and getting his shirt blown away.
His shirt will probably get destroyed with a huge ki blast which will trigger UI for the third time.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 pm

I thought they didn't want to show Goku's titis :)

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:29 pm

YamiGoku wrote:I thought they didn't want to show Goku's titis :)
This can't be true because they've already showed them in promotional material....so.... :think:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:36 pm

I think it's kinda funny how in Super even the one time we saw Gokû's bare chest so far he was censored.

Super drew Vegeta with nipples, but not Gokû. UI gives Gokû his own back I guess. :lol:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!