"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:46 pm

LightBing wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
LightBing wrote: That would surely piss me off. I need at least 2/3 months until DLC characters. It would a very stupid decision from them, already announcing the 8 DLC characters was stupid timing wise. They better not pull a Capcom. With Tekken 7, this game and Soul Calibur coming they have a chance to dominate.
They had to announce the DLC characters in order to shove that 115$ Ultimate Edition pre-order up our asses. Pretty sure that's the publisher's fault, not the developer's. I would be also miffed, but not to the point of not making the purchase.
For sure, I'm talking about Namco. Although I'm happy that because of them we probably won't get the awful DLC system from Arc System.

It also wouldn't stop me from buying the game, after all it looks amazing and completed. However it would be a red flag, I don't like greed it would made me weary of future DLC contents.
I'm not familiar with their DLC system, why is it awful? Just curious.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:52 am

KayDash wrote:Dunno... they already revealed the DLC pack months ago (which I think was a mistake), they might as well just start revealing what are we actually paying for.
Their problem with that is that if they had announced that the DLC is Pan, Base Goku, Base Vegeta, Mr Satan, Videl, Cabba, SSG Goku and SSG Vegeta, I wouldn't be buying the ultimate edition. I would buy the standard one and wait for the DLC to go down to $5 before buying it. But now that they haven't announced who belongs in the DLC pack, I can hope that the DLC is Roshi, 5th Cooler, Gero, Janemba, Jiren, Toppo, Darbura and Caulifla and am more willing to buy it beforehand.

It's an understandable, but scummy business practice nonetheless.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:36 am

MisteryOne wrote:I'm not familiar with their DLC system, why is it awful? Just curious.
From what I read they repack DLC content and balance changes into a new game. It's also a bit pricey.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ye7fTucCyk

This is so cool. Even the Packers are endorsing this game.

It's definitely gonna sell... as long as it plays it smart unlike Tekken 6.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:22 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:If two more characters are revealed in this month V-Jump's issue. Who do you think it will be?
I was under the impression that we're 'only' waiting for the inevitable #21-is-playable announcement. But I wouldn't be surprised if the first DLC character is announced as a launch date release (which would piss off quite a few people).
21 being playable sounds like something that wouldn't be announced
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 am

I feel like we're done with base game character announcements now. The current roster only has that missing space at the bottom, which is most likely #21. They've already released the intro/attract mode, that makes me think they're done announcing characters.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:30 pm

I created a Chi-Chi spreadsheet for FighterZ in response to someone who challenged me to do so:
Would make one for Videl too but I'm not sure if I want to... the process is really painstaking and tedious.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:17 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Would make one for Videl too but I'm not sure if I want to... the process is really painstaking and tedious.
Don't do it. Is not worth it as we all know she will be not part of the roster.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:46 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:I created a Chi-Chi spreadsheet for FighterZ in response to someone who challenged me to do so:
Nice, but why (only) a Kamehameha when she has this:

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Kataphrut wrote:The "I don't like FighterZ" bingo sheet:

Credit: @Quebaz23

For the record, I'm a Xenoverse 2 fan who's never played a competitive fighting game in his life, and even I wouldn't check any of these. Maybe the "Don't call <DBZ term> a <fighting game term>", but that's just because I have no frame of reference for fighting game terms. And who cares, it's just pedantry.

Anyone else getting sick of this crap though? Like, these arguments are bad enough, but the pro-FighterZ side isn't much better. I've seen a lot of "hurr, can't wait to body casuals/DBZ fans in this REAL fighting game" going around as well. It's just elitist dickery; let people like what they like, and try to welcome newcomers without being condescending.
Where's the classic "but ir runs on 24 FPS"?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:44 pm

How many characters will there be in the open beta ?
My English is poor .

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:00 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:How many characters will there be in the open beta ?
Expect all the characters from the Closed Beta plus Hit and Beerus (who've been confirmed for the Open Beta).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:21 pm

I may wait for FighterZ to pull a XV2 and come out on the Nintendo Switch. I can't believe how crazy convenient the Switch is compared to playing games on my laptop.

Also the characters I want to play as are already in the standard roster so DLC isn't on my radar much. I don't think a ssjg Gokû is happening for DLC anyway.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:37 pm

Finally they revealed the specs needed to run the game on PC.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 6356920322

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:56 pm

Yay my laptop can handle it in case this doesn't come to Switch. Good to know.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:05 pm

LightBing wrote:Finally they revealed the specs needed to run the game on PC.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 6356920322
Awesome!

Is there a way I can check how my PC compares? I can make a rough estimate at best; I'm not knowledgeable enough to say with confidence whether or not my PC can run it comfortably. There are "Can You Run It" websites, but they obviously haven't incorporated this new FighterZ information yet.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:40 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Is there a way I can check how my PC compares? I can make a rough estimate at best; I'm not knowledgeable enough to say with confidence whether or not my PC can run it comfortably. There are "Can You Run It" websites, but they obviously haven't incorporated this new FighterZ information yet.
You can just find out what the specs for your PC are and compare with what Bandai suggests. Otherwise you can just wait till the game comes out and if it doesn't run well then you can get a refund from Steam if you haven't played it for more than 2 hours.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:11 pm

I've been wanting to say something about this game ever since I first saw the gameplay. I think FighterZ is fine and all, but one thing bothers me. Whenever the characters perform a strike/hit, combo etc, there's a slight "pause" in their motions after they perform the hit. I think that's actually annoying lol. Anyone else is bothered from that aspect?

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:19 pm

Onibaku wrote:I've been wanting to say something about this game ever since I first saw the gameplay. I think FighterZ is fine and all, but one thing bothers me. Whenever the characters perform a strike/hit, combo etc, there's a slight "pause" in their motions after they perform the hit. I think that's actually annoying lol. Anyone else is bothered from that aspect?
actually every 2-D fighting game is like this .
My English is poor .

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:41 am

AgitoZ wrote:You can just find out what the specs for your PC are and compare with what Bandai suggests.
You are right, of course, but what I meant was that whenever I try to manually compare specs, I'm never 100% sure which side is better. I assume higher number = better, but even that doesn't always seem to be the case.

If the minimum requirements for FighterZ are a 5, and the recommended requirements are a 9, I think my PC would score about a 6 so I should be okay. But again, I can't say that with 100% confidence.

I will buy the game regardless, though. Even if my current system can't run it, I'm bound to get a better PC eventually.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.