"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by buutenks » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:57 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:I guess every episode will last one minute, therefore the final episode of the arc could be around March 4, 2018. The arc will end in March, that much is beyond doubt, so i think it will end at episode 130.

Peronsally, 8 episodes are more than enough to fully develop the finale of the arc, so i am glad that Toei didn't make the same mistake as they did with the previous arc, when they rushed the ending and crammed Fused Zamasu, Vegito and Spirit Sword Trunks into only 3 episodes.
Actually Fused Zamasu, Trunks n Vegetto had 2 eps. The third was already with Zamasu taking over earth and spreading throughout the universe.
Mercenary wrote:Why are people making assumptions that Vegeta's gonna fight Toppo?

BTW. If Vegeta unlocks a new power, Toppo wouldn be probably defeated so I don't really get where do you get those ideas from.
Because, ep 125 is titled, the advent of the God of Destruction Toppo, so Toppo is getting a power up, or he shows his actual full power, which is GoD level.

And ep 126 is titled, surpassing the Gods, Vegeta's life risking attack. Who would Vegeta use a life risking attack against that is a GoD? Jiren isnt a GoD nor a God, so it can only be Toppo, since he is candidate for that position and in a few episodes will proly be granted GoD status or something like that.

That is why people are assuming.

As for Gohan, unless he goes berserk, he gets ragdolled by Toppo. Tho i can see him taking on Dyspo.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:06 pm

buutenks wrote:
BTW. If Vegeta unlocks a new power, Toppo wouldn be probably defeated so I don't really get where do you get those ideas from.
Because, ep 125 is titled, the advent of the God of Destruction Toppo, so Toppo is getting a power up, or he shows his actual full power, which is GoD level.

And ep 126 is titled, surpassing the Gods, Vegeta's life risking attack. Who would Vegeta use a life risking attack against that is a GoD? Jiren isnt a GoD nor a God, so it can only be Toppo, since he is candidate for that position and in a few episodes will proly be granted GoD status or something like that.

That is why people are assuming.

As for Gohan, unless he goes berserk, he gets ragdolled by Toppo. Tho i can see him taking on Dyspo.[/quote]

2 things to note here. They have called everyone Hakaishin in Z. Even Cell. So i doubt Toppo would actually become a GoD. But even if he does, sacrificing vegeta to get him out doesnt sound right.

Another thing is, even Dyspo will beat up Gohan. Dude was taking out Hit.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:17 pm

Actually Fused Zamasu, Trunks n Vegetto had 2 eps. The third was already with Zamasu taking over earth and spreading throughout the universe.
Yeah, it's just i consider Fused Zamasu and Infinite Zamasu (the one who took over the Universe) the same being, but i'm digressing.

I wonder if Toppo will actually become a God of Destruction in episode 125 (and Belmod somehow steps down from his role), or if 'advent' is just a fancy term to say 'power-up' (so Toppo doesn't actually become a GoD in the middle of the Tournament, he just goes full power).

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:30 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Yeah, it's just i consider Fused Zamasu and Infinite Zamasu (the one who took over the Universe) the same being, but i'm digressing.

I wonder if Toppo will actually become a God of Destruction in episode 125 (and Belmod somehow steps down from his role), or if 'advent' is just a fancy term to say 'power-up' (so Toppo doesn't actually become a GoD in the middle of the Tournament, he just goes full power).
I guess it seems more likely with the power up. Since GoDs are forbidden to fight in the ToP. So perhaps, Toppo reaches a level where he can become a GoD.
Professor Freeza wrote:

2 things to note here. They have called everyone Hakaishin in Z. Even Cell. So i doubt Toppo would actually become a GoD. But even if he does, sacrificing vegeta to get him out doesnt sound right.

Another thing is, even Dyspo will beat up Gohan. Dude was taking out Hit.
Well ye, but since Toriyama created Beerus, Hakaishin is an official title that is recognized by the governing powers of the multiverse. So being named GoD means something now.

As for second, well u never know how Toriyama's outline is. Toei can easily inflate some character's powers and so forth.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:16 pm

sintzu wrote:
precita wrote:Vegeta getting so much focus this early is a red flag.
I think there's a good chance he'll leave during 126 but that's just 3-4 episodes before the tournament ends, not exactly "early". 122-126 (at least) is 5 episodes of him being front and center with Goku against the main villain (and maybe Toppo) as one of the last 8 or less fighters. That's extremely good and every fan of his should be celebrating it.

I would've liked to see him more active in the previous 30 episodes but this seems to be making up for that.
I see the actual tournament ending around 128-130. That would leave 2-4 episodes left of the tournament then after 126. I could see Vegeta last about longer. Either way, I see either Mastered UI Goku fighting Jiren at the end after Vegeta has done something significant so that Goku has a chance, or they both fight him together all the way to the end. Win or lose I see those as he only options for the fight with Jiren going forward by the end of this. This is also going under the possibility he'll stay fighting Jiren and not fight Toppo.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:38 pm

I know it's kind of an useless observation, since it's supposed to be stronger than Blue, but the new form of Vegeta, or at least how it's seen in the ED, looks similar to how Super Saiyan God Vegeta was portrayed in fan art prior to Ressurection F. Don't know if anyone remembers, but most of those renderings had him with blue hair, as opposed to Goku's red.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:43 pm

In before UI Gogeta :lol:

“The arc won’t end in March, and people just need to stop assuming based on DVD / BD releases on Amazon and vague comments by producers” - a prediction by me

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Basaku wrote:Slice of life episodes ain't good by default. I would rather not have DB on air than weak slice-of-life episodes just for the sake of it.
Sure, but when we got to that subject? I believe people were discussing about the recent spoilers.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Interesting how Episode #131 is now the eleventh and last episode on Blu-ray Box #11. I wonder why they are breaking from the normal twelve episodes per set? Including the 11 March Nagoya Women's Marathon and the New Year's break we have two breaks...but shouldn't the next episode still be carried over?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Maybe they want the box set to end where the arc ends? Or it's the candy bar thing where they charge you the same, but lessen the amount of content?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:11 pm

Chuquita wrote:Maybe they want the box set to end where the arc ends? Or it's the candy bar thing where they charge you the same, but lessen the amount of content?
What did they do for the Battle of Gods arc set? That has 14 episodes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:18 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Maybe they want the box set to end where the arc ends? Or it's the candy bar thing where they charge you the same, but lessen the amount of content?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/home-video/jp/super/ Box set 1 ends at episode 12. There goes that theory.

In fact, all the boxes so far are 12 episodes each except for this upcoming one with 11.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Basaku wrote:Slice of life episodes ain't good by default. I would rather not have DB on air than weak slice-of-life episodes just for the sake of it.
Episode 43 says hi.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Chuquita wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/home-video/jp/super/ Box set 1 ends at episode 12. There goes that theory.

In fact, all the boxes so far are 12 episodes each except for this upcoming one with 11.
Yeah, seems odd to change things all of the sudden. I'm thinking the series is going on hiatus.
She/Her
bisexual milf

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:35 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: What did they do for the Battle of Gods arc set? That has 14 episodes.

Yeah, seems odd to change things all of the sudden. I'm thinking the series is going on hiatus.
131 isn't even the last episode of March, 132 is, so if the show was going on hiatus that'd meant there would be a week without a Super episode before the new cour started.
I don't think the listing means anything, it used to say 13, now it says 11, wouldn't be surprised if it is just 12 when it comes out.
I really don't think Super is going anywhere.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:41 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Chuquita wrote:

131 isn't even the last episode of March, 132 is, so if the show was going on hiatus that'd meant there would be a week without a Super episode before the new cour started.
I don't think the listing means anything, it used to say 13, now it says 11, wouldn't be surprised if it is just 12 when it comes out.
I really don't think Super is going anywhere.
It's certainly not impossible for 04 March to be an off week, too. Maybe One Piece will get 04 March for a double episode or some other broadcasting element is at play that we are unaware of.
She/Her
bisexual milf

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:08 pm

I think it does not make much sense for the title of EP 126 to refer to Vegeta's sacrifice.

If that were the case, then it would not be said to '' surpass even one God. '' How would he overcome a God by exploding himself? Not to mention that this title seems to be linked to EP 125 (in which something is said about "the God of Destruction Toppo").

The SSB with pupils appearing on the ED does not appear to be the '' new Blue '' from EP 123, so that's all that remains to come after (on EP 126), and Vegeta's traumatic experience at 126 suggests a new power up , which may be something related to the UI.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:32 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: What did they do for the Battle of Gods arc set? That has 14 episodes.

I really hope they do. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed in this series and some time for pre-production would do wonders.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Very good news for the Vegeta fans. I tip my non-existent hat off to them. Personally, he's far from being one of my preferred characters but receiving so much screentime and playing what could be an important role against the antagonist of the arc sounds like quality treatment for any character who isn't the protagonist. Granted, his previous performance during the tournament was hit & miss at best, but now it seems like the studio is beginning to embroider his role.

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:41 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Oh look, Frieza is using that same ploy a third time. :roll: I really doubt it'll work on Dyspo though. Universe 11 has no reason to trust him at all and they don't need his help with Jiren being so dominant over Goku and Vegeta.

I do think Frieza will genuinely try to jump ship if it looks like Goku is going to lose. Frieza is a self-serving opportunist above all else and as he said the first time he tried this, he doesn't care about anyone or anyting else.

On top of that, Goku really has him by the balls righ now. If Frieza betrays the team to get the Super Dragon Balls, he can pretty well forget Goku wishing him back to life. So Frieza could either wish himself back to life, lose his opportunity to control the gods and probably just get himself killed again, or he could try to control the Gods like he said, not get wished back to life, and get wiped from existence when GokuVegeta or one of the gods kills him again or his time runs out and he goes right back to Hell with nothing gained. Even wishing for immortality wouldn't save him from Zeno.

Frieza's pretty screwed whatever he does.
Lol Vegeta will end up getting killed by him a third time.