"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:05 am

Totamo wrote:Its just going to be mastered super saiyan blue.
Not with the ultra instinct iris, and Goku Black style aura its not

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:29 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
You think Toriyama won't used a different design for something with a same name that hasn't been animated or drawn in color. He doesn't really pay that much to details.

Plus that's not a very good drawing and there could obviously be things added then but aren't exactly important.

Remember the wholefighters going out in the order they appear in.

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:36 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:"Super Saiyan Actually Blue"
"Super saiyan bluer".
“Super Saiyan Over Blue”.
"Super saiyajin #0000FF"

Yes, at some point we will need the HTML color codes.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:53 am

Y'know, I actually now have three theories as to what the new transformation will be.

"Ultra Blue" - Ultra Blue is the name I've given to Vegeta's new form when it could possibly be his version of Ultra Instinct and Super Saiyan Blue. Many fans are speculating that Vegeta may get a combination between the forms and I think this could be likely. However, there's no ONE WAY to acquire the Ultra Instinct ability. We have to remember that Ultra Instinct isn't just a transformation, it's a technique that not even the gods can acquire. Since Vegeta is also a student of Whis and has been taught the lesson of self-movement as well as utilizing god ki, I believe he may find a way to utilize Super Saiyan Blue in order to acquire the Ultra Instinct technique. So, long story short: For Goku, Ultra Instinct is acquired through a transformation while for Vegeta, it is through the using the technique itself. Only reason, this might not happen is because Vegeta said Goku can have Ultra Instinct himself, but this could possibly be just a passing line. Still, I LOVE the name Ultra Blue. It's simple, gets to the point, and is based on a Hikaru Utada song.

"Super Saiyan 2 Blue" - For a few years now, fans have speculated the possibilities of going beyond Super Saiyan Blue and using the god ki in conjunction with the other transformations, like Super Saiyan 2 or 3. And perhaps the sparkles are an SS2B's version of the electricity that surrounds a regular SS2. I mean, a real-life spark can emit electricity so that's why this theory can be supported. It's also a nice detail since SS2's electricity is chaotic and uncontrolled, but a god's sparkle is elegant and calm. So, perhaps in the next episode: Vegeta exclusively acquires Super Saiyan 2 Blue. Man, I also love that title because 2 rhymes with Blue so it's catchy.

"Super Saiyan Blue Rage" - Basically, the bullshit version of a power-up. Look, I never even liked Trunks' version of it because it was never explained officially or at least not, enough. My fear is that when Goku says, VEGETA GETS A POWER BEYOND BLUE - That he just means it's beyond Blue in power, but it's still Blue.

If I had to guess for sure, I'd classify my guesses as: Ultra Blue (I WANT), Super Saiyan 2 Blue (WHAT WE'RE GETTING), and Super Saiyan Blue Rage (WHAT I DON'T WANT).

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Oracle wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Torturephile wrote: "Super saiyan bluer".
“Super Saiyan Over Blue”.
"Super saiyajin #0000FF"

"Super Saiyan beyond Blue"
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Oracle wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: “Super Saiyan Over Blue”.
"Super saiyajin #0000FF"

Super Saiyan Blue But Better
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
Oracle wrote: "Super saiyajin #0000FF"

It'd be funny if Goku says you perfected Blue and Vegeta says he perfected it so he gets to rename it then he smirks at the screen and calls it Ssj4.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:37 pm

How about Super Vegeta Blue

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:44 pm

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Sandubadear wrote: "Super Saiyan beyond Blue"
It'd be funny if Goku says you perfected Blue and Vegeta says he perfected it so he gets to rename it then he smirks at the screen and calls it Ssj4.
That would be so funny, the rage and salt would be on a whole new level.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:03 pm

mecha3000 wrote:Y'know, I actually now have three theories as to what the new transformation will be.

"Ultra Blue" - Ultra Blue is the name I've given to Vegeta's new form when it could possibly be his version of Ultra Instinct and Super Saiyan Blue. Many fans are speculating that Vegeta may get a combination between the forms and I think this could be likely. However, there's no ONE WAY to acquire the Ultra Instinct ability. We have to remember that Ultra Instinct isn't just a transformation, it's a technique that not even the gods can acquire. Since Vegeta is also a student of Whis and has been taught the lesson of self-movement as well as utilizing god ki, I believe he may find a way to utilize Super Saiyan Blue in order to acquire the Ultra Instinct technique. So, long story short: For Goku, Ultra Instinct is acquired through a transformation while for Vegeta, it is through the using the technique itself. Only reason, this might not happen is because Vegeta said Goku can have Ultra Instinct himself, but this could possibly be just a passing line. Still, I LOVE the name Ultra Blue. It's simple, gets to the point, and is based on a Hikaru Utada song.

"Super Saiyan 2 Blue" - For a few years now, fans have speculated the possibilities of going beyond Super Saiyan Blue and using the god ki in conjunction with the other transformations, like Super Saiyan 2 or 3. And perhaps the sparkles are an SS2B's version of the electricity that surrounds a regular SS2. I mean, a real-life spark can emit electricity so that's why this theory can be supported. It's also a nice detail since SS2's electricity is chaotic and uncontrolled, but a god's sparkle is elegant and calm. So, perhaps in the next episode: Vegeta exclusively acquires Super Saiyan 2 Blue. Man, I also love that title because 2 rhymes with Blue so it's catchy.

"Super Saiyan Blue Rage" - Basically, the bullshit version of a power-up. Look, I never even liked Trunks' version of it because it was never explained officially or at least not, enough. My fear is that when Goku says, VEGETA GETS A POWER BEYOND BLUE - That he just means it's beyond Blue in power, but it's still Blue.

If I had to guess for sure, I'd classify my guesses as: Ultra Blue (I WANT), Super Saiyan 2 Blue (WHAT WE'RE GETTING), and Super Saiyan Blue Rage (WHAT I DON'T WANT).
I believe that when Vegeta said Goku could get the UI, that does not mean that Vegeta himself would not get the UI, but that he would get it in his own way or else get his own UI version.

It even makes sense considering what we saw in ED. It could be a different way for him to get the UI, maybe combined with Blue as you said

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 pm

Totamo wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
You think Toriyama won't used a different design for something with a same name that hasn't been animated or drawn in color. He doesn't really pay that much to details.

Plus that's not a very good drawing and there could obviously be things added then but aren't exactly important.

Goku said beyond ssjb. And how is mastering ssjb doing better than Goku kaio ken times 20? How is it going to challenge Jiren?

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:25 pm

lord godly da don wrote:How about Super Vegeta Blue
Then he'd need to be a lot bulkier

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Kagari wrote:
Noah wrote:Do you guys think U7 warriors injected senzu beans into their veins?

I mean that's probably the explanation we saw Goku being worn out and out of nothing having his full power back, the same thing with Vegeta who got rekt by Jiren in the last episode and in the next one he will be all good and stronger than ever.
No, it's ultimately just poor writing because they don't want to drop either of those characters from the tournament.
I thought so too.
prince212 wrote:Some explanation about that issue will be good, if Jiren doesn’t eliminate/kill you make you stronger
An explanation from Toei? Nah, they don't care about that, let's just have the popular characters still standing for no reason.
BlueBasilisk wrote:They probably won't ever address it. We saw this happen on Namek too. Goku spent most of his energy with the 20x Kaioken and was really worn out after tagging Frieza with the spirit bomb, but the second he goes Super Saiyan he's suddenly full of piss and vinegar again and apparently back at full power.
Good point, but could we say that unlocking a new transformation made him recover his stamina? (In the case of Super Saiyan on Namek), because with UI it's the opposite.
Ki Breaker wrote:Sure, don't see many other ways for one to explain this In-Universe... My personal theory is that World Of Void replenishes ones energy faster.
It could be that too, it makes more sense than the Z Super-Fighters using syringes :D
sintzu wrote:It'd be funny if Goku says you perfected Blue and Vegeta says he perfected it so he gets to rename it then he smirks at the screen and calls it SSJ4.
Sure, but it wouldn't make a damn sense as SSJ God should be the new SSJ4 to begin with.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Noah wrote:Sure, but it wouldn't make a damn sense as SSJ God should be the new SSJ4 to begin with.
Super saiyan god super saiyan makes even less sense as a ssj shouldn't be able to become a ssj because he's already a ssj. That's like saying you have a red red apple.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:17 pm

Bet it is going to be SSJBlue 2.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Arg wrote:Bet it is going to be SSJBlue 2.
How much you gonna bet? Cause i need money,and you definitely going to lose.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm

Totamo wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Before you start getting all uppity, may I point out this is a series where forms that only have minimal differences get name changes, but super saiyan has a mastered form that is still just called super saiyan because it looks no different?

In this case, the aura, eyes, hair and mass of vegeta have all changed, so I dont believe it will be called 'mastered' because blue as it is isnt even a flawed form of itself. Its already been called in the previews as a form 'beyond' blue so its most probably going to get its own name

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:46 pm

It's gonna be called Super Saiyan Bluer...and then they will have a Super Saiyan Bluest.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 pm

DBS Episode 123 FujiTV Preview
Translation ( Ken Xyro ) :
Goku challenges Jiren once again after Vegeta was hurt.
Making constant use of Instant Transmission along with countless ki attacks, Goku tried to confuse Jiren, but...?!

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:45 pm

Liquir wrote:DBS Episode 123 FujiTV Preview
Translation ( Ken Xyro ) :
Goku challenges Jiren once again after Vegeta was hurt.
Making constant use of Instant Transmission along with countless ki attacks, Goku tried to confuse Jiren, but...?!
A few of the spoilers for 123 mentioned how Goku would be using tricks and IT and even use cluster bombs to fight Jiren (which is likely what those blue orbs scattered around Jiren in the NEP are). Because of that, I'm a lot more interested in SSB Goku fighting Jiren again than I was with SSB Vegeta fighting Jiren as I find Vegeta's fights fairly boring.