"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:38 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Hits theme fit the hitman solo 60's feel perfectly what are you on about?
It's as fitting as the "Time to make the donuts." line from XV2... I can't imagine him killing people with that theme playing on the background.

That kind of theme maybe could work for characters like Great Saiyaman, Satan, Jaco or Katoplesa.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by sayian_nation_ » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:51 am

I'll be live streaming Dragonball Fighterz early access beta tonight! If anyone is interested, starts at 3am EST. Twitch live stream link below

http://www.twitch.tv/so_savage1000

So hyped for this!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:07 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:After the unfitting Hit's theme, it's good to see a proper character theme again. Glad to know Beerus has a tail swipe attack like I wanted.

All the character trailers for the confirmed characters are out.
It's just a matter of days until V-Jump leaks, if Android 21 is not the 24th character but a secret one, I bet on Broly or Vegetto for the last slot.
Hits theme fit the hitman solo 60's feel perfectly what are you on about?
Probably means that he was expecting some badass rock/heavy metal music theme instead of 60's jazz. Don't know if it fits the character, but it definitely sticks out like a sore thumb when put next to all the other clips.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 am

I have pre-ordered FighterZ Ultimate Edition from the PS Store of Europe. But it tells me I have no permission to access the Beta. What's the problem?

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 am

Got into the beta, not getting any matches in the Australian lobbies. Went through all the tutorials, but might have to hold out playing actual matches until the matchmaking gets sorted.

First time playing the game, it's pretty fun. I am still really bad at quarter-circle motions, but that will only improve with time.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 am

Turns out I had to purchase the early-access beta unlock as well as the beta itself, so it worked.

Game's really fun, although I had a little trouble understanding the difference between R2/R1 and X's functions.

Couldn't get into an online match as well, but I played the tutorials a bit. Decided to wait until the final product. It runs perfectly though, and it's a gorgeous looking game. Action is frantic and really fun. Casuals will have a blast doing lots of cool looking things without really knowing how they're doing them and there's a lot of depth for the hardcore fans as well.

A really well-done game by ArcSys, and definitely the best 2D fighting game with the Dragon Ball brand on it.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:32 am

I have the beta and the early access installed and yet I still can't initialize the network... What's the point in an extra day if that extra day is just fixing issues?
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:09 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:I have the beta and the early access installed and yet I still can't initialize the network... What's the point in an extra day if that extra day is just fixing issues?
I think you may have answered your own question there.

People who got on earlier had trouble getting matches, hence the network maintenance going on at the moment. My guess is they want to have everything sorted before the proper beta opening tomorrow, so the pre-order people were basically guinea pigs. Sucks, but at least we still get the Blues early.

On the plus side, the trial matches are fun, even if the AI opponents are basically glorified practice dummies. Also I'm playing with the English voices, and while the acting itself is good (seriously, if someone hadn't told me that Daman Mills was voicing Frieza, I might have thought it was still Chris Ayres), it unfortunately has a couple lip-syncing issues similar to Xenoverse. Most of them aren't that bad, just a few out-of-sync lines, but I noticed a glitch where Android 18 cuts off 17 while he's talking in their intro.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:04 am

They seemed to have changed the colours for characters since the last beta. Goku's lighter orange manga colour gi is gone. However I can confirm colours do affect Golden Freeza's transformation with his globe colour being his body colour. For example I'm costume 4 which is a blue and in Golden he has a metallic blue body.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 am

Yo, if you watch the replays in Replay mode, it has commentary from the World Martial Arts Tournament announcer! That's a nice touch.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:27 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:After the unfitting Hit's theme, it's good to see a proper character theme again. Glad to know Beerus has a tail swipe attack like I wanted.

All the character trailers for the confirmed characters are out.
It's just a matter of days until V-Jump leaks, if Android 21 is not the 24th character but a secret one, I bet on Broly or Vegetto for the last slot.
Hits theme fit the hitman solo 60's feel perfectly what are you on about?
Probably means that he was expecting some badass rock/heavy metal music theme instead of 60's jazz. Don't know if it fits the character, but it definitely sticks out like a sore thumb when put next to all the other clips.
I dont think heavy rock fits an emotionally subdued hit man. It would be so strange, especially when arksys have shown they can make fitting badass music like this. Something in line with Slayers Havent You Got Eyes In Your Head fits Hit well

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm

https://youtu.be/Zdp82dnS6pE

These are some of the special quotes between characters. Loved that "Son Goku" thrown in there, although that specific quote isn't really related to Nappa's.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 pm

omegalucas wrote:https://youtu.be/Zdp82dnS6pE

These are some of the special quotes between characters. Loved that "Son Goku" thrown in there, although that specific quote isn't really related to Nappa's.
Daman's also really got the Chris Ayres Frieza voice down pat by now. Now I won't be worried about the Tournament of Power arc if Ayres can't come back.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Freeza's quote to Beerus is dope.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:50 pm

I forget, did they say that 1v1 matches are in this game? As well as Player vs Computer matches?
Caulifla best girl! :)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:21 pm

There's a lot of out-of-sync in there, pretty aggressive in some parts. I'm glad I have the option for the original voices, I'll be using those exclusively.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I forget, did they say that 1v1 matches are in this game? As well as Player vs Computer matches?

There's no 1vs1 in the game bar some exceptions in the story mode I believe. Regarding Player vs CPU it's in although I don't know in how many forms.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 pm

omegalucas wrote:Special Pre Battle Quotes

Wow, Goku saying someone is "hopelessly stupid" seems like OOC line IMO, please tell me we can change to the original japanese voices in this game. Also the alt. colors are still awful.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:53 pm

He pronounced "Son" wrong, which is weird because he did it right in Kai. But these were cool to see non-the-less

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Noah wrote:
omegalucas wrote:Special Pre Battle Quotes

Wow, Goku saying someone is "hopelessly stupid" seems like OOC line IMO, please tell me we can change to the original japanese voices in this game. Also the alt. colors are still awful.
Bandai Namco has already confirmed dual-audio for the beta, and since we've gotten a Japanese track on every game save for a few handhelds since the Greatest Hits version of Budokai 3, I'd be shocked if it was not present on the final game. :)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:05 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:...and since we've gotten a Japanese track on every game save for a few handhelds since the Greatest Hits version of Budokai 3, I'd be shocked if it was not present on the final game. :)
Are you sure? I though the latest game we had with the japanese tracks was Ultimate Tenkaichi aka Ultimate Blast.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?