My fear for Super's finale

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

My fear for Super's finale

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:30 am

I got to thinking and Super has 8 episodes left, which is plenty of time to wrap up the ToP story arc. However, how would you feel if Goku and Jiren were the last ones standing and charged towards each other ready to clash? The fans are hyped and just as they're about to collide their fists - BLACK FLASH - Goku and Uub are now fighting, as Toei's way of saying the ToP Arc was resolved. A character like Piccolo states, "I haven't seen Goku this excited in a long time. Since Jiren" and Dende states, "Yeah. I can't even imagine how the battle was...."

I can just imagine the internet backlash that would result from that. I believe the Yu Yu Hakusho manga had an ending like that. Honestly though, I would want Gohan and Jiren to be the last ones just to see Gohan spotlighted due to his dedication to win, despite not really having a chance - maybe even busting out a more powerful energy from his Ultimate power, which makes Jiren fear it is similar to Ultra Instinct. Jiren would end up beating Gohan, with the universes erased after Goku gives Jiren a final thumbs up for a good battle - but then we get a scene of either Jiren wishing Goku and the gang back OR an ambigious ending where Goku and Uub are fighting and we have no idea how U7 was brought back to life.

The curiosity is making me kind of impatient for the ending, but we'll get there..... Like, soon now. Damn it, my dream of Gokan is no more..... (at least as far as we know)

sintzu
Banned

Re: My fear for Super's finale

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am

mecha3000 wrote:I got to thinking and Super has 8 episodes left, which is plenty of time to wrap up the ToP story arc. However, how would you feel if Goku and Jiren were the last ones standing and charged towards each other ready to clash? The fans are hyped and just as they're about to collide their fists - BLACK FLASH - Goku and Uub are now fighting, as Toei's way of saying the ToP Arc was resolved. A character like Piccolo states, "I haven't seen Goku this excited in a long time. Since Jiren" and Dende states, "Yeah. I can't even imagine how the battle was...."

I can just imagine the internet backlash that would result from that. I believe the Yu Yu Hakusho manga had an ending like that. Honestly though, I would want Gohan and Jiren to be the last ones just to see Gohan spotlighted due to his dedication to win, despite not really having a chance - maybe even busting out a more powerful energy from his Ultimate power, which makes Jiren fear it is similar to Ultra Instinct. Jiren would end up beating Gohan, with the universes erased after Goku gives Jiren a final thumbs up for a good battle - but then we get a scene of either Jiren wishing Goku and the gang back OR an ambigious ending where Goku and Uub are fighting and we have no idea how U7 was brought back to life.

The curiosity is making me kind of impatient for the ending, but we'll get there..... Like, soon now. Damn it, my dream of Gokan is no more..... (at least as far as we know)
I doubt it'll be like that as the fight will probably end in 129 which will give them 2 episodes to wraps things up
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:09 pm

mecha3000 wrote:I got to thinking and Super has 8 episodes left, which is plenty of time to wrap up the ToP story arc. However, how would you feel if Goku and Jiren were the last ones standing and charged towards each other ready to clash? The fans are hyped and just as they're about to collide their fists - BLACK FLASH - Goku and Uub are now fighting, as Toei's way of saying the ToP Arc was resolved. A character like Piccolo states, "I haven't seen Goku this excited in a long time. Since Jiren" and Dende states, "Yeah. I can't even imagine how the battle was...."

No way is this going to happen. That would be like 100x worse than the Sopranos ending. That last sentence of the first paragraph cracks me up. Can you imagine that, then Dende winks at the camera and pisses off the entire fanbase around the world.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Dragon Ball has always been straightforward in its storytelling, so that would be a first and I can’t see it happening.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:14 pm

BWri wrote:No way is this going to happen. That would be like 100x worse than the Sopranos ending. That last sentence of the first paragraph cracks me up. Can you imagine that, then Dende winks at the camera and pisses off the entire fanbase around the world.
I'd honestly be laughing my ass off if this happened because unlike many fans, Dragon Ball rarely ever pisses me off so although I'd be annoyed, I'd be having more fun watching people's dissatisfied reactions to this. Imagine Goku and Jiren LITERALLY about to clash fists and a YouTube reactor (like the couple reactors, single ones, or group ones) get hyped like "HERE WE GO, BABY!!! GOKU ABOUT TO GO IN AND.....!!!" (BLACK FLASH) Tournament Announcer: ALRIGHT, IT'S GOKU VS UUB AND THIS IS REALLY EXCITING. RIGHT, FOLKS?!!!

And then the WHAT THE FUCK?!!! from every YouTube reactor ever with rant videos following shortly after. I'd be having the time of my life if I'm being frank. :)

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Knowing only a few episodes left until the show ends, I HIGHLY doubt we’re going to get a half decent pay off to Freeza’s schemes. Freeza might try some funny shit only to be erased off the plane of existence by either Beerus or Zen’o. Kinda rendering the recruitment episodes about Freeza pointless.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:02 pm

My only fear for the ending is what they're going to do with Freeza. No way is he willingly going to return to Hell into his cocoon. My guess if Freeza will be revived and brought back to life, but then he'll escape and fly off into space somewhere. I guess I wouldn't mind that if they keep him a villain for the future.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Dende getting a cheeky little final line like that would be my absolute Dragon Ball highlight.

I can already feel the anger from fans all over the world gathering like one of Goku's Spirit Bombs.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Goku flies off with Uub on his back or on the Nimbus. The screen cuts to black for a moment. And then...
[spoiler]STEP INTO THE GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR kicks in[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:Knowing only a few episodes left until the show ends, I HIGHLY doubt we’re going to get a half decent pay off to Freeza’s schemes. Freeza might try some funny shit only to be erased off the plane of existence by either Beerus or Zen’o. Kinda rendering the recruitment episodes about Freeza pointless.
I won't be surprised if things end on some cliffhanger with Freeza.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:54 pm

mecha3000 wrote:
BWri wrote:No way is this going to happen. That would be like 100x worse than the Sopranos ending. That last sentence of the first paragraph cracks me up. Can you imagine that, then Dende winks at the camera and pisses off the entire fanbase around the world.
I'd honestly be laughing my ass off if this happened because unlike many fans, Dragon Ball rarely ever pisses me off so although I'd be annoyed, I'd be having more fun watching people's dissatisfied reactions to this. Imagine Goku and Jiren LITERALLY about to clash fists and a YouTube reactor (like the couple reactors, single ones, or group ones) get hyped like "HERE WE GO, BABY!!! GOKU ABOUT TO GO IN AND.....!!!" (BLACK FLASH) Tournament Announcer: ALRIGHT, IT'S GOKU VS UUB AND THIS IS REALLY EXCITING. RIGHT, FOLKS?!!!

And then the WHAT THE FUCK?!!! from every YouTube reactor ever with rant videos following shortly after. I'd be having the time of my life if I'm being frank. :)
LOL when you put it like that, it sounds fucking hilarious

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:55 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Goku flies off with Uub on his back or on the Nimbus. The screen cuts to black for a moment. And then...
STAHP

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Phozz wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:

LOL when you put it like that, it sounds fucking hilarious
There's too much $$$ on the line to upset everyone like that, especially with the movie coming out this year. Yeah most who say they'll drop it are back the next week but that's still too big of a risk.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:58 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Goku flies off with Uub on his back or on the Nimbus. The screen cuts to black for a moment. And then...
Seems interesting! But how about: Goku flies off with Uub on his back or on the Nimbus. The screen cuts to black for a moment. And then...

[spoiler]216 years goes by, step into the Online Online kicks in[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:00 pm

But in all seriousness, my only real fear for Super's finale right now is that it'll be fast with no time to digest what the hell just happened. They're rgonna be pushing up against that episode limit if they're all normal length.
Grimlock wrote:Seems interesting! But how about: Goku flies off with Uub on his back or on the Nimbus. The screen cuts to black for a moment. And then...

[spoiler]216 years pass, step into the Online kicks in[/spoiler]
I don't get it? :?:

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Goku and Jiren clash fists, but both Zenos just erase everything out of boredom and the present one gets annoyed at the future one for destroying more than he did, so they both fight in sadistic manner and release all the blood that was hidden from us during Super's duration.

Pan wakes up from a nightmare all of a sudden and tells Goku, as they travel through space with Trunks, about Super's events. GT's rap theme plays along as all three and their spaceship fly into the background full of stars towards Planet Luud.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:49 pm

Sounds like what happened in that Yugi/Jaden duel.

TheLegend23
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegend23 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:41 pm

BWri wrote:

No way is this going to happen. That would be like 100x worse than the Sopranos ending. That last sentence of the first paragraph cracks me up. Can you imagine that, then Dende winks at the camera and pisses off the entire fanbase around the world.

I still can’t listen to don’t stop believing lol

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:35 am

I'm hoping the ending will be coherent. There is a lot of plot threads that I hope get a satisfying resolution. And if this is all just a hiatus, I'm okay with a season finale esque finale rather than complete closure

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 am

mecha3000 wrote:

Oh the glorious salt! I know Toriyama can be a troll sometime but geeeeeeeeeez :lol:
TheZFighter wrote:Dende getting a cheeky little final line like that would be my absolute Dragon Ball highlight.

I can already feel the anger from fans all over the world gathering like one of Goku's Spirit Bombs.
:lol:
My nightmares are made real :lol: :lol:
Grimlock wrote: Seems interesting! But how about: Goku flies off with Uub on his back or on the Nimbus. The screen cuts to black for a moment. And then...

[spoiler]216 years goes by, step into the Online Online kicks in[/spoiler]
I'd like this, only I'd like some setup episodes to it as well. Some some setup eps or Krillin and Tien starting their schools and of Gohan coming up with the idea for Groundbreaking Science. Oh yeah, Trunks and Goten starting their swordsman school would be nice too, along with Vegeta and Goku's mysterious disappearance.
TheLegend23 wrote:I still can’t listen to don’t stop believing lol
It makes me a little tense too. I'm always waiting for something ... :lol:
Torturephile wrote:Goku and Jiren clash fists, but both Zenos just erase everything out of boredom and the present one gets annoyed at the future one for destroying more than he did, so they both fight in sadistic manner and release all the blood that was hidden from us during Super's duration.

Pan wakes up from a nightmare all of a sudden and tells Goku, as they travel through space with Trunks, about Super's events. GT's rap theme plays along as all three and their spaceship fly into the background full of stars towards Planet Luud.
Now that is truly nightmarish. I like it! Very nihilistic. I think #17 would like it too.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-