"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Olympian
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:23 pm

Yeah, no idea about the story mode (hopefully so!) and you`re right, this might be different quotes for all we know but since they showed it side to side, I`m expeculating the gap there is, aside from the delivery.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Going by Youtube, an inordinate amount of clips already up from story mode (minus the bastards already posting ending videos THANK YOU VERY MUCH) are titled "X character 'roasts' Y". I guess that's the theme of storymode, everyone taking the piss out of each other.

I've watched a few in English, and man it feels like Cell is slurring half his lines. I love Dameon Clarke, but like...is he just stuck in Handsome Jack mode forever now?

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:05 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Black just roasted Freeza and his golden form. I loved it.
I haven't gotten to that part, so they really do use the whole roster for the story? I wonder if you can link with Black, meaning you're possessing a guy who's possessing Goku's body :lol:
No, it's just Black's win quote after fighting Freeza. :mrgreen:

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:11 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
I haven't gotten to that part, so they really do use the whole roster for the story? I wonder if you can link with Black, meaning you're possessing a guy who's possessing Goku's body :lol:
No, it's just Black's winning quote after fighting Freeza. :mrgreen:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
No, it's just Black's winning quote after fighting Freeza. :mrgreen:
You got a link to that?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Grimlock wrote:Calling Xenoverse 2 "ultimate spam" even though it's not true at all as you have charge Ki to unleash ultimates and it consumes just like any other Dragon Ball game just reflects the fact that people had waited so long for a 2D game, and now that they have it, they will rage over 3D games no matter what, using no matter false claims they can come up with. :roll:
If you're going to reply to my comment, at least quote me.

I can't honestly tell if you're being sarcastic or not. "It's not ultimate spam because you have to charge first?"

Ok then let me rephrase. XV is "charge up and then ultimate spam. Especially if you play as a Saiyan. XV1's meta was literally that. XV2 didnt change much except in PvP. I 100% both games, I think I have enough knowledge to have an opinion on the matter. What exactly is false about what I said?

And no, I frankly have not "waited so long for a 2D game, that I'll rage over 3D no matter what" I prefer the 3D games over 2D, My favorite DBZ fighter is BT3 bar none. And gasp that's a 3D game. I couldnt care less if its 2D or 3D or whatever. Stop with the strawmans. Plus, I haven't even played FighterZ besides the closed beta months ago.

Again, as I said before, not sound like one of those people but I was annoyed with Xenoverse long before they even announced FighterZ. So really it comes off to me that you're just upset that people aren't praising XV anymore.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:39 pm

So...

[spoiler]Is it ever stated how #21 got Boo DNA in the first place?[/spoiler]

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:39 pm

The Freeza and Cell banter in the story mode is admittedly pretty funny. They're like an old married couple. Seems they took what worked between Freeza/Cell's interactions in DBZ's filler and GT and flew with it.

Cell is actually a much better character when he's intentionally being sarcastic and gloating. Although it might be because of the english voice actor.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:45 pm

How long is the story mode for this game? That will probably determine when I end up getting it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:47 pm

Bullza wrote:How long is the story mode for this game? That will probably determine when I end up getting it.
There's a video on Youtube of only the major cutscenes and it's 4 hours long.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:48 pm

precita wrote:The Freeza and Cell banter in the story mode is admittedly pretty funny. They're like an old married couple. Seems they took what worked between Freeza/Cell's interactions in DBZ's filler and GT and flew with it.

Cell is actually a much better character when he's intentionally being sarcastic and gloating. Although it might be because of the english voice actor.
Freeza: At least I didnt lose to Gokus son"
Cell: At least I didnt lose to Goku twice

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:58 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Ok then let me rephrase. XV is "charge up and then ultimate spam."
Nah, I disagree. Only XV1 was like that. XV2 has limits. And going by your logic, Fighterz can similar, you charge the hell up and keep spamming supers or teleport. What both games have in common is that there can be ways to stop them.
Olympian wrote:Yeah, no idea about the story mode (hopefully so!) and you`re right, this might be different quotes for all we know but since they showed it side to side, I`m expeculating the gap there is, aside from the delivery.
I have something for you.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:58 pm

precita wrote:Was the story mode supposed to be a parody? Every character was out of character and spouting memes like you've seen on the internet the last 15 years.

Cell is now a parody of himself.
Really? That's sucks then. A friend of mine said that Cell in this game felt like his TFS counterpart only without the sexual innuendos.
Doctor. wrote:Too bad the subs just reiterate what the English dub says even if the Japanese voice actors are saying something almost completely different.
That's an old issue in DBZ games, they could change that in the future. Also there is a video with the story cutscenes but in japanese?
Dbzfan94 wrote:Freeza: At least I didnt lose to Gokus son"
I don't get it... So FighterZ story mode after the Future Trunks arc, then?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:01 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote: Ok then let me rephrase. XV is "charge up and then ultimate spam."
Nah, I disagree. Only XV1 was like that. XV2 has limits. And going by your logic, Fighterz can similar, you charge the hell up and keep spamming supers or teleport. What both games have in common is that there can be ways to stop them.
I mean yeah, any game can be boiled down to a single action or two. I haven't played FZ enough to make an informed opinion on it, and my comment wasn't really meant to compare the two. But I know what you mean.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:01 pm

Noah wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Freeza: At least I didnt lose to Gokus son"
I don't get it... So FighterZ story mode after the Future Trunks arc, then?
If Black is in the game, then yeah.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Got an early review copy and i am loving the story so far. Dub is fine for those wondering I've seldom heard an awkwardly delivered line.

I'm loving the easter eggs the most at the moment and 21 definitely has some mystery left to her character.

Best thing is in story mode you get unique pre match dialogue depending on your team. Krillin, yamcha and goku had one. Goku adult gohan and piccolo has one about fusion and now I've got vegeta and adult gohan to have one.

You also get unqiue dialogue if you fight a clone with that person on your team.

Also I'm sure some people will love that Japanese is the default option but I'm sure we'll hear lots of complaints about that.

Id say this is the best unique story weve got so far and its definitely longer than 4 hours. 4 hours may just be one arc and there are 3 arcs that you seperately select from the menu.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Bullza wrote:How long is the story mode for this game? That will probably determine when I end up getting it.
Oh that's too bad. The Tekken 7 story mode was only about 2 hours at most with all the fights too.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Nia wrote:Sorry, but... I've just gotta step in here, especially given how you guys are getting on Bullza's ass for not having played FighterZ, but... you've clearly not played Xenoverse 2 yourself, and I'm actually a little annoyed nobody in here has actually bothered to correct you on this when you're objectively full of crap here. I'm kinda impressed by the hypocrisy, and not in a good way.
Even the AI in the story (starting around the fight against Coola and Freeza on Namek) is gonna smear you across the battlefield if you try to spam ults in XV2. It's literally programmed to punish you for using an unsafe ult, and pretty much any player is gonna immediately guard break you if you decide to just use them willy nilly. That's not even mentioning the fact that the person you're attacking doesn't even play Xenoverse 2 to begin with. I ain't gonna speak ill of FighterZ itself, but the elitism coming from fans of this game is disgustingly toxic.
You speak of hating elitism yet you're talking pretty elitist yourself. I bought the Collectors Edition of XV2 on launch. Since October 2016 I dropped over 100 hours in the game and got the platinum trophy. So please sit the hell down. That was an exaggeration but in my opinion it's what it boils down to, especially in the first game. I could go into the reasons I dont like the game which date back far before FZ was even announced but you clearly have no intention of listening. Nor is this the place for that conversation.

And yet another person using strawman arguments. I've barely even played FZ. DIsliking Xenoverse = being a fanboy of 2D/FighterZ? Since when?

Get over yourself.
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Last edited by TheDBZmaster100 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Bullza wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Oh that's too bad. The Tekken 7 story mode was only about 2 hours at most with all the fights too.
Why is that a bad thing? Just curious.