"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:31 pm

There's something that really hits my curiosity tho, after Jiren reveals his wish, Beerus shits his pants, so could this mean Jiren's wish is not to restore losing universes?
I'd see no reasons to be so worried otherwise

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:55 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:There's something that really hits my curiosity tho, after Jiren reveals his wish, Beerus shits his pants, so could this mean Jiren's wish is not to restore losing universes?
Cause the leaks are fake, thats why it makes no sense. People are so gullable.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:01 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:The Energy batteries things sounds like 17 losing a lot of his power in a definitive way, maybe, If leaks are true, he'll be more of a normal human and no more a warrior? He could lose most of his battle power, basically dropping to Yamcha or Krillin level, him dying is unlikely, though after this tournament he'll return to be no one in the shadows for aure imo, so a sacrifice would be awesome
I get what you`re trying to say but those two aren`t normal humans and one of them at least has been active.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:01 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:The Energy batteries things sounds like 17 losing a lot of his power in a definitive way, maybe, If leaks are true, he'll be more of a normal human and no more a warrior? He could lose most of his battle power, basically dropping to Yamcha or Krillin level, him dying is unlikely, though after this tournament he'll return to be no one in the shadows for aure imo, so a sacrifice would be awesome
We only know the title and it's "The last barrier of hope" so where that the energy batteries and "17 losing his powers" come from ?

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:There's something that really hits my curiosity tho, after Jiren reveals his wish, Beerus shits his pants, so could this mean Jiren's wish is not to restore losing universes?
Cause the leaks are fake, thats why it makes no sense. People are so gullable.
I agree with the fake leaks possibility, but its author previously leaked true Black Goku arc plots, so it's not totally out of the game they could be true

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Olympian wrote:
I get what you`re trying to say but those two aren`t normal humans and one of them at least has been active.
I know, but try imagine 17 without its main power source
He'd lose its infinite Energy gimmick and afawk, part of his bp

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
We only know the title and it's "The last barrier of hope" so where that the energy batteries and "17 losing his powers" come from ?
Just an idea I had, that title sounds more like a kamikaze barrier to try to drag Toppo out tho

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:01 pm

OverHeaven wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
I'm clueless about what to do post DBS.
[spoiler]So DBS is the only thing in the world that entertains you or makes you do something? A single cartoon? There are countless other shows which are far greater than Dragon Ball. Each season has some interesting shows and based on your comment, I guess you have a lot of old shows to watch as well. Not only shows but you have videos games and all other stuff. The world is bigger than what you think. You don't even have to stick with the shonen fighting genre.[/spoiler]
Geez, did his comment bother you that much? He's just saying it's a big part of his life, it's not like he's actually considering ending it all. Besides, the comment on other shows being better than Dragonball is an opinion. In my opinion, no show makes me more excited.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:13 pm

kinisking wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
[spoiler]So DBS is the only thing in the world that entertains you or makes you do something? A single cartoon? There are countless other shows which are far greater than Dragon Ball. Each season has some interesting shows and based on your comment, I guess you have a lot of old shows to watch as well. Not only shows but you have videos games and all other stuff. The world is bigger than what you think. You don't even have to stick with the shonen fighting genre.[/spoiler]
Geez, did his comment bother you that much? He's just saying it's a big part of his life, it's not like he's actually considering ending it all. Besides, the comment on other shows being better than Dragonball is an opinion. In my opinion, no show makes me more excited.

This
I Wake up every sunday morning, enjoying my breakfast while watching the nep, and I always feel like I'm a kid again
I'll miss all this when The show will end, but The first things i'll do will probably be a full marathon to better rewatch the series, i watched Z countless times while I only rewatched a few ToP episodes for now

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:55 pm

OverHeaven wrote:
Noah wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Dragon Ball Super is ending. That's okay. Just wait a year or two and a new series will definitely enter production. Don't look at the calendar and you won't notice how long it is until Christmas.
Nah, I think another 18 years would be fine. Then we could finally have an outstanding animated TV series from the beginning to end.
What makes you think of that?
Don't you think almost two decades would be more than enough to produce a show with great quality?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:56 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:
kinisking wrote:
OverHeaven wrote: [spoiler]So DBS is the only thing in the world that entertains you or makes you do something? A single cartoon? There are countless other shows which are far greater than Dragon Ball. Each season has some interesting shows and based on your comment, I guess you have a lot of old shows to watch as well. Not only shows but you have videos games and all other stuff. The world is bigger than what you think. You don't even have to stick with the shonen fighting genre.[/spoiler]

This
I Wake up every sunday morning, enjoying my breakfast while watching the nep, and I always feel like I'm a kid again
I'll miss all this when The show will end, but The first things i'll do will probably be a full marathon to better rewatch the series, i watched Z countless times while I only rewatched a few ToP episodes for now
You can just star watching other series besides dragon ball, there are far better animes out there. Not saying that super is a bad series

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:
kinisking wrote: Geez, did his comment bother you that much? He's just saying it's a big part of his life, it's not like he's actually considering ending it all. Besides, the comment on other shows being better than Dragonball is an opinion. In my opinion, no show makes me more excited.

This
You can just star watching other series besides dragon ball, there are far better animes out there. Not saying that super is a bad series
You're absolutely right, but I'm a Dragon Ball fan since forever and I'm not so good in following a series, I'm only good in following DB cause I'm in love with it lol
I could go into One Piece maybe

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:35 pm

kinisking wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Geez, did his comment bother you that much? He's just saying it's a big part of his life, it's not like he's actually considering ending it all.
Given his post history, he does seem like he could need some help, unless he's blowing it massively out of proportion.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:43 pm

I really wish they had stayed consistent with the cell saga concept of the z fighters struggling/being unable to see top level fighters fight well mostly for Krillin, Tien and Roshi. The constant exposition from those 3 is one of the worst parts of every episode.

Krillin : "gokuuuuuuh"

Tien : " Wow Jiren jumped"

Roshi : " Thats our Goku, what a true martial artist!"

Whis and Piccolo atleast provide useful info

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:02 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
kinisking wrote:
OverHeaven wrote: [spoiler]So DBS is the only thing in the world that entertains you or makes you do something? A single cartoon? There are countless other shows which are far greater than Dragon Ball. Each season has some interesting shows and based on your comment, I guess you have a lot of old shows to watch as well. Not only shows but you have videos games and all other stuff. The world is bigger than what you think. You don't even have to stick with the shonen fighting genre.[/spoiler]
Geez, did his comment bother you that much? He's just saying it's a big part of his life, it's not like he's actually considering ending it all.
Given his post history, he does seem like he could need some help, unless he's blowing it massively out of proportion.
Excuse me what history?
Also his comment didn't bother me at all and I believe I didn't write any offensive words. I legit was just trying to help him and give some advice. But oh well.
Besides, the comment on other shows being better than Dragonball is an opinion. In my opinion, no show makes me more excited.
There are opinions yes and I can't say an absolute fact that applies to everyone in the world. However I'm not talking only about what makes you "excited" but the overall quality and complexity of the story, written characters, fights with strategies and all other countless stuff you know. We can have a full detailed discussion with reasons to make my point clear if you want but I believe this is not the right topic.

This may not be a good example but I'm pretty sure if someone said Tom & Jerry is the best show just because he enjoys it you'll laugh. Not exactly the same but something like this... I think

and PLEASE could you all stop talking as if I'm some bastard hater because my opinion is different from yours?!! some history my ass. This is getting ridiculous. I too grew up with Dragon Ball and it was a big part of my life even up to now I still enjoy it. However, I don't think it's the best thing in the world. If you disagree we can have a discussion and provide reasons to support our opinion which I believe I always do if necessary. This is just a forum to discuss anime you know? I don't have the time to make some "enemies" or history.

It's true that I was pretty harsh on some Super episodes, but I also loved many episodes and praised them. I just say what I think without being bias but some people love to throw the word "hater" or its meaning everywhere.
Last edited by OverHeaven on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:02 pm

So those leaks are fake right? Because if Vegetto is really the end all here I’m going to be so disappointed and so happy Super is ending

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Drellz26 wrote:So those leaks are fake right? Because if Vegetto is really the end all here I’m going to be so disappointed and so happy Super is ending
Freeza feeling sad over #17 when they barely interacted..

What do you think?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:20 pm

Drellz26 wrote:So those leaks are fake right? Because if Vegetto is really the end all here I’m going to be so disappointed and so happy Super is ending
Yes. Here is a handy breakdown explaining why.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:35 pm

Saw the leaks.
Saw they had 17 sacrifice himself.
Saw they had Freeza feel "guilty" over 17's sacrifice.
Wrote off the leaks as fake right then and there.

Probably the only thing Freeza feels guilty over, is not killing Goku, Vegeta, etc. Permanently at least. Or not being more powerful than Beerus. Or not training longer than 4 months...

Freeza feeling "guilty" over someone he hasn't even talked to is ridiculous. Look at how he reacted to Ginyu's death back in Resurrection of F; completely "meh" about the death of his most ardent supporter.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:50 pm

He doesn't have batteries, he's not a robot.